Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,851 posts in this topic. You are on page 450 of 938.
#22451 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Or atleast Van Halen with BOTH Dave and Sammy eras. They should make it like Alien where you can switch between movies.

c4c554a3-139f-40e6-ae3f-86f5ad283774_text (resized).pngc4c554a3-139f-40e6-ae3f-86f5ad283774_text (resized).png
#22452 2 years ago

I asked this in the JP The Pin thread, however I wanted to ask here since it seemed to be kind of a mixed message and wondering if anyone in here has any more clarity on it.

Anyone know anymore information than this...

https://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4269

Similarly, after we start Godzilla, all The Pin games shipped will have a $300 wholesale price increase.

About The Jurassic Park The Pin edition having a price increase come Jan 1st 2022?

It says it will have a $300 price increase after they start on Godzilla, which has obviously happened, but the MSRP is the same as Star Wars The Pin, which obviously was before Godzilla.

So the statement there kind of contradicts with what actually happened.

Has there been any more info about what will happen to the price of JP The Pin? That article is also over a month old and was before JP was announced (I believe).

#22453 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Weird strategy? I think it’s a smart business move in my opinion. Demand is through the roof for this title and parts are in short demand with prices sky high for parts, so why not make a special limited run knowing you will sell them the minute you announce them?
Besides who gives a a damn about those buying up LEs to hold them for a profit, sucks to be them I guess, besides credit where credit is due, at least they didn’t do a JJP YBR and charge more for less.

Makes me a little hesitant to put up money for some LE and SLE titles. If your argument is correct, they’ll remake Ghostbusters soon (stay puft marshmallow edition)

#22454 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How come no one had “Elvira 40th Anniversary Limited Edition” on their Next Stern Pin bingo card?

It's so irrelevant no one even considered it a possibility?

I think pinball is the only place you'll ever hear of Elvira these days.

#22455 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Weird strategy? I think it’s a smart business move in my opinion. Demand is through the roof for this title and parts are in short demand with prices sky high for parts, so why not make a special limited run knowing you will sell them the minute you announce them?
Besides who gives a a damn about those buying up LEs to hold them for a profit, sucks to be them I guess, besides credit where credit is due, at least they didn’t do a JJP YBR and charge more for less.

business wise probably good of course, at least for the short term, but I mean more like if you promise your customers a super limited edition, and then just short thereafter make another run that's not so limited anymore, I think is kind of screwing your customers.
I personally couldn't care less, I normally buy Premiums, just because of more toys and stuff, only buy LE's if I really like the game, have never bought a pin with having profit in mind, I just hope I can sell it for more or less the same if it leaves, or at least not too much loss (hobby may cost some money right?)

And for the guys that buy up LE's to make a profit, I guess I said the same thing, that's why I called them turds

#22456 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

And commercials for Shudder

#22457 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

It's surprising how Elvira lives in pinball and no where else these days, I agree.

Must be a lot of fans, I have zero interest in these pins.

#22458 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's surprising how Elvira lives in pinball and no where else these days, I agree.
Must be a lot of fans, I have zero interest in these pins.

She actually has a brand new netflix special.

#22459 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Makes me a little hesitant to put up money for some LE and SLE titles. If your argument is correct, they’ll remake Ghostbusters soon (stay puft marshmallow edition)

Stern never state at release these will be the only editions made. And it is the same in any collectors market you buy based on what is released at the time.

Let’s be honest there is nothing ground breaking or must have on this Elvira 40th release that wasn’t offered by the LE or SLE previously. And a person can always upgrade so it’s a fairy flexible market strategy.

#22460 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

business wise probably good of course, at least for the short term, but I mean more like if you promise your customers a super limited edition, and then just short thereafter make another run that's not so limited anymore, I think is kind of screwing your customers.

This is the thing, when Stern drop a release they never promise that the tiers/editions are the only ones that will ever be produced. It does suck but this is quite common place across a lot of collectors markets, new editions, upgraded releases, reissues/vaults.

Like you I buy the edition that I like the most at release, in all my hobbies and it’s always worked out well. If a new or upgraded edition comes out that I like more i would sell and upgrade probably.

#22461 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern never state at release these will be the only editions made. And it is the same in any collectors market you buy based on what is released at the time.

Fair point, for example Walking Dead was released with no Premiums announced, Munsters was released without a full colour artwork Premium.

#22462 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Fair point, for example Walking Dead was released with no Premiums announced, Munsters was released without a full colour artwork Premium.

Or how AC/DC Luci ended up more rare than the LEs - until Stern vaulted them years later.

#22463 2 years ago

What about a Ghostbusters vault? I don't know if it's because of the new movie or what but that game jumped in price in the last 6 months more than any other.

#22464 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

What about a Ghostbusters vault? I don't know if it's because of the new movie or what but that game jumped in price in the last 6 months more than any other.

At least then maybe they'd get some more toppers made.

#22465 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Can’t see it happening, there’s no way Stern want John Trudeau name popping up on a new release. The first few google hits if you type in john trudeau pinball is all relating to his court appearance where he pleaded guilty.

A BDK/BM66 half remake/tweak I could see happening though, stick a new designer on it and keep what worked and removed what didn’t and go for a new version, yes it would annoy people if the new version was better but they can’t drop the old version as it comes with the Trudeau attachment, so Stern are in a rock and a hard place on this particular Vault.

Either that or you go with Ghostbusters Cartoon Edition, which would be no different to stern offering up the comic editions of Star Wars later down the road after the initial releases. But no normal person wants to support something attached to an admitted Paedophile.

#22466 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A BDK/BM66 half remake/tweak I could see happening though, stick a new designer on it and keep what worked and removed what didn’t and go for a new version.

Um, no.

#22467 2 years ago

I dont think people understand what vaults are for. They are used when the line is all caught up and nothing else to run. Stern wont have that problem for years to come.

#22468 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This is the thing, when Stern drop a release they never promise that the tiers/editions are the only ones that will ever be produced. It does suck but this is quite common place across a lot of collectors markets, new editions, upgraded releases, reissues/vaults.
Like you I buy the edition that I like the most at release, in all my hobbies and it’s always worked out well. If a new or upgraded edition comes out that I like more i would sell and upgrade probably.

"Sorry sir but THIS limited edition comes with a chrome number plate, the previous one came with a polished metal one so they're clearly different SKUs"

#22469 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can’t see it happening, there’s no way Stern want John Trudeau name popping up on a new release. The first few google hits if you type in john trudeau pinball is all relating to his court appearance where he pleaded guilty.
A BDK/BM66 half remake/tweak I could see happening though, stick a new designer on it and keep what worked and removed what didn’t and go for a new version, yes it would annoy people if the new version was better but they can’t drop the old version as it comes with the Trudeau attachment, so Stern are in a rock and a hard place on this particular Vault.
Either that or you go with Ghostbusters Cartoon Edition, which would be no different to stern offering up the comic editions of Star Wars later down the road after the initial releases. But no normal person wants to support something attached to an admitted Paedophile.

I just don’t want to see another Ghostbusters cuz it’s sucks.

#22470 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

"Sorry sir but THIS limited edition comes with a chrome number plate, the previous one came with a polished metal one so they're clearly different SKUs"

Hey don’t joke they could very well pull an Elvira on us with another GB limited run.

#22471 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

She actually has a brand new netflix special.

Ok - next to nothing going on with Elvira. Must be a big fan base somewhere.

Seems like there are so many better franchises to release or re-release.

#22472 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Bigger fan base than you might think. There is a demographic for just about any decent theme. I bought an Elvira very early in the first run. Very enjoyable game and yeah - I like Elvira and guess you could put me in the general late baby boomer fan base. Elvira does have an audience.

#22473 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

They've remade the same batman vs joker story about ten times at this point, hopefully them digging this deep is a sign that even those tired remakes are finally reaching their end. Hollywood is creatively bankrupt and not willing to take any risks. They would rather put out a shit script under a name they know sells itself than take a risk on something new and interesting that won't appeal to humans age 9-92.

#22474 2 years ago

I thought they were running more Iron Mans?

#22475 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I thought they were running more Iron Mans?

I'm on a serious lack of sleep so forgive me but is this true? Can't tell if it's a joke or not.

As far as the lines getting slow I can't Rush selling a ton unless it's a great game. I feel like they could crank out even more EHOH and Deadpool and easily move them. I don't love Ghostbusters as a game but the theam is to die for. Amazing looking game. Just as soon as I decide I want one they're to expensive...

#22476 2 years ago

A secret message from Stern about their next release?

66160D75-3DE4-4911-929D-0C325C940B97 (resized).jpeg66160D75-3DE4-4911-929D-0C325C940B97 (resized).jpeg
#22477 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

They've remade the same batman vs joker story about ten times at this point, hopefully them digging this deep is a sign that even those tired remakes are finally reaching their end. Hollywood is creatively bankrupt and not willing to take any risks. They would rather put out a shit script under a name they know sells itself than take a risk on something new and interesting that won't appeal to humans age 9-92.

I would agree with that, bringing back Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones (again) is proof of that LOL.

Quoted from greenhoody:

As far as the lines getting slow I can't Rush selling a ton unless it's a great game. I feel like they could crank out even more EHOH and Deadpool and easily move them. I don't love Ghostbusters as a game but the theam is to die for. Amazing looking game. Just as soon as I decide I want one they're to expensive...

Rush is huge with men in their 40's and 50's. 5th all time in the US - gold/platinum albums, 40++ million records sold.

It will sell.

#22478 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

[quoted image]

Cool, my GF was just asking why there isn't a beetlejuice pin. I'd check that out if it was based on the movie and not some cheese like they did with TMNT.

#22479 2 years ago

Oh please, TMNT is sick. Pop the 80’s cartoon code in if you don’t like the Nickelodeon animations.

Quoted from Anony:

Cool, my GF was just asking why there isn't a beetlejuice pin. I'd check that out if it was based on the movie and not some cheese like they did with TMNT.

#22480 2 years ago

The new Amazon Middle-Earth series.....new pin or retheme of LOTR?

#22481 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rush is huge with men in their 40's and 50's. 5th all time in the US - gold/platinum albums, 40++ million records sold.
It will sell.

Can confirm. 43 here. Love Rush.

#22482 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

[quoted image]

Beetlejuice has been speculated before. I’d be thrilled to see a Beetlejuice pin. Agree a Beetlejuice movie pin is only way to go.

#22483 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I’d be thrilled to see a Beetlejuice pin

Been mentioned before that Stern had this license but none of the designers wanted to take on the project

#22484 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Been mentioned before that Stern had this license but none of the designers wanted to take on the project

But now there's a new stern designer that does like it...

#22485 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

But now there's a new stern designer that does like it...

Then bring it on! I think is would make a great theme.

#22486 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh please, TMNT is sick. Pop the 80’s cartoon code in if you don’t like the Nickelodeon animations.

Not that it's bad, it's just not what people expected. If they do beetlejuice and it's not the movie license people will feel the same way.

#22487 2 years ago

Hmmm, I think TMNT has proven to be far better than most expected. Myself included.

Quoted from Anony:

Not that it's bad, it's just not what people expected. If they do beetlejuice and it's not the movie license people will feel the same way.

#22488 2 years ago

I love TMNT, they did a good job with that license. Basically put zombie yeti on anything and it automatically is knocked out of the park in aesthetic appeal. Beetle Juice would be fantastic. Honestly I’d like to see a Dune pin as well after that most recent movie.

#22489 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

The new Amazon Middle-Earth series.....new pin or retheme of LOTR?

This would be a guaranteed Juggernaut theme!

#22490 2 years ago

Rush sucks

#22492 2 years ago

Pretty sure you guys that think Rush sucks are Devo fans.

#22493 2 years ago

Sorry... I shouldn't have judged... I meant Boy George

#22494 2 years ago

DEVO f’n rules.

#22495 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Sorry... I shouldn't have judged... I meant Boy George

georgious.gifgeorgious.gif
#22496 2 years ago

If your feet look like this youre in for an LE.

F8BA282A-E250-456B-888B-E9612B22681B (resized).jpegF8BA282A-E250-456B-888B-E9612B22681B (resized).jpeg
#22497 2 years ago

Who is Rush?

#22498 2 years ago

I’ll wait till morning to check the downvotes on that. I’m sure most of you cats went to bed like six hours ago

#22499 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ll wait till morning to check the downvotes on that.

Oh, you'll get your down votes. They're just not in a Rush to give them to you, what with Expo going on.

#22500 2 years ago

Was that an intentional RUSH pun or are you just full to the brim with Dad jokes that they are sneakin’ out of you like couch farts?

Quoted from littlecammi:

Oh, you'll get your down votes. We're just not in a Rush to give them to you, what with Expo going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 46,851 posts in this topic. You are on page 450 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/450?hl=sunsfan23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.