balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 923.
#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Is it Munsters.....hope so.

And then Elvira 3 in 2019 after those two titles, seems too close for these two games monster titles

#2202 5 years ago

Jorro
Yes it would be that . but would be set up in a pinball cabinet. I hope it would play better than the Stern Pinball arcade. I own a virtual myself and the Table authors that emualte the old pinball games blow the doors off. the pinball games play soo real with all the hrs these guy spend creating these games. Munsters would be a cool pin from stern

#2203 5 years ago

Munstets would he great BUT if KaPow is making it, seems like it will be priced just like BM66 which unfortunately would make it a pass for me.

#2204 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I fancy a Beatles but my worry is that this is the Kapow title and that only means expensive, crazy expensive and ridiculously priced editions
Translation. No pro.

Just my opinion but Beatles is either the next Stern machine or the Kapow title in late summer/fall.

If this license has indeed been secured as has been reported they aren't going to sit on it too long as it will likely be the most expensive music assets acquired to date.

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

What’s after Deadpool

Munsters by Borg is what most of the people with usually correct info are saying will follow Deadpool. Borg was telling some groups of people at TPF that he’s a Fall release, he never said Munsters (or gave any hint as to the title) but said he had some incredible mechs he was visibly excited about. We will see.

Queen would be a good theme. Beatles is a bit old for my personal taste but I’m sure plenty of people will be plenty interested in it. Jurassic World would be a great theme but id rather see JJP do that one.

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Munsters by Borg is what most of the people with usually correct info are saying will follow Deadpool. Borg was telling some groups of people at TPF that he’s a Fall release, he never said Munsters (or gave any hint as to the title) but said he had some incredible mechs he was visibly excited about. We will see.
Queen would be a good theme. Beatles is a bit old for my personal taste but I’m sure plenty of people will be plenty interested in it. Jurassic World would be a great theme but id rather see JJP do that one.

It was posted here by folk way more in the know than I am that the Beatles license is confirmed to be acquired.

They did not say by who but if I had to guess Stern or Kapow.

Also confirmed that it wasn’t yellow submarine either.

If someone ponied up the big money for this license they sure as heck aren’t going to sit on it for 12-18 months that’s for sure.

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If someone ponied up the big money for this license they sure as heck aren’t going to sit on it for 12-18 months that’s for sure

Well, I’m not sure if it is fair to say that giving the title a normal Pinball development cycle to make it the best it can be is really sitting on it...that said, Stern has prioritized titles for quick development in the past so you certainly may be proven right.

#2208 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, I’m not sure if it is fair to say that giving the title a normal Pinball development cycle to make it the best it can be is really sitting on it...that said, Stern has prioritized titles for quick development in the past so you certainly may be proven right.

I agree with that but I think the Beatles theme has been in the works for a while. Wouldn't surprise me if it was acquired 6-12 months ago, no way to really know.

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think some extra mechs are missing in the Maiden Premium and LE, just my thoughts after play the pro which is great and tons of shots up top but want more in the other versions. They wasted no going through back of game on middle shot.

#2210 5 years ago

When do you guys think stern will announce the next title?

#2211 5 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

When do you guys think stern will announce the next title?

Late late summer for Deadpool is my guess (August). I believe Borg’s game will be November (I know he told people September/October though, so we will see).

#2212 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Late late summer for Deadpool is my guess (August). I believe Borg’s game will be November (I know he told people September/October though, so we will see).

Heck, they haven't even shown the IMDN premium yet, pros are selling like hotcakes and the LE's have already sold out. I wouldn't be supersized if Stern rides this one out. Meaning expect delays in new title announcements.

#2213 5 years ago

If Deadpool is up next, any thoughts on who the designer will be?

#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Didn’t someone who had supposedly seen the playfield design post a while back saying it looked very Gomez like??

#2215 5 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Team Gomez ?

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Celine Dion?

#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t someone who had supposedly seen the playfield design post a while back saying it looked very Gomez like??

One rumor was that it was originally a Trudeau layout, that Gomez stepped in and de-Trudeau'ed.

#2218 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Munstets would he great BUT if KaPow is making it, seems like it will be priced just like BM66 which unfortunately would make it a pass for me.

Munsters = Pro/Prem/LE

#2219 5 years ago

Is it too soon for Borg to copy Lawlors' Dialed In layout?

#2220 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Munsters = Pro/Prem/LE

THIS is awesome news!!! I pray that you are right and you usually are so im excited.

#2221 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Is it too soon for Borg to copy Lawlors' Dialed In layout?

Why would anyone copy that hot mess?

#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Munsters = Pro/Prem/LE

Sooooo happy if this is true! If so Im back in the game!

Thanks for the renewed hope!

#2223 5 years ago

Enough with the Marvel comic book movie themes!!!!!!
ENOUGH. ENOUGH. ENOUGH.
Okay? PLEASE?

#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Munsters = Pro/Prem/LE

Presuming Beatles is SLE, LE and Premium?

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Enough with the Marvel comic book movie themes!!!!!!
ENOUGH. ENOUGH. ENOUGH.
Okay? PLEASE?

From all the rumors, Deadpool isn't based on the movie material.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2226 5 years ago

If it is Munsters, I might have to reconsider my Ghostbusters purchase. Are you saying it gets announced in September / October and shipped in 2019?

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If it is Munsters, I might have to reconsider my Ghostbusters purchase. Are you saying it gets announced in September / October and shipped in 2019?

If its after Deadpool, i would say that October would be about right.

#2228 5 years ago

So, Superman 78 back as a strong rumor - think this was talked about a few years ago so thinking this is quite likely in 2019.

But, Beetlejuice? Really???

#2229 5 years ago

According to our favorite non-forum member and cited by TWIP the next's year will bet even more on nostalgia/ great licenses from the past.

So a Superman pinball would fit into this but then again I'm not sure hearing that statement from someone that Big Troble in little China would be the greatest license in the world.
Beetlejuice or BtilC will pretty much be dead on arrival for the most part. And something like Willy Wonka will be JJPs final nail in the coffin when they see that overseas noone cares (or even heard) of that. NOONE outside the US buys Wizard of Oz because of the license but despite it, just like most people here don't care for Mustangs or Wrestling.

#2230 5 years ago

F6EF4115-AD82-495A-BC24-B430FC7C5A53 (resized).pngF6EF4115-AD82-495A-BC24-B430FC7C5A53 (resized).png

AFFB2423-7D04-4401-A635-BE6231016B7E (resized).pngAFFB2423-7D04-4401-A635-BE6231016B7E (resized).png

#2231 5 years ago

If they do anymore sixties stuff I hope they put in the original Star Trek. Would great to see clips from the show on the new LCD.

#2232 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

If they do anymore sixties stuff I hope they put in the original Star Trek. Would great to see clips from the show on the new LCD.

Have to agree that the original Star Trek series on LCD would really hit Stern's demographic.

And not too late to get custom call outs from William Shatner.

Nostalgia, Sci-fi, now on Blu-ray, just had 50th anniversary.

#2233 5 years ago

I'd bet Shatner would do it no problem at all. He's big on promoting stuff already. Sign cards like they did with BM66. LE's would sell out fast.

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I'd bet Shatner would do it no problem at all. He's big on promoting stuff already. Sign cards like they did with BM66. LE's would sell out fast.

I think he would do it if asked as well.

If done right, it could be superb.

Talk about a universal theme - Spock transcends generations!

#2235 5 years ago

And what's cool is the remastered TOS blurays they already have would look stunning on the LCD.

#2236 5 years ago

With Bill and Ted 3 officially confirmed this week, I am hoping we see a game based on the first 2 movies.

#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

With Bill and Ted 3 officially confirmed this week, I am hoping we see a game based on the first 2 movies.

Really?Excellent and party on Dude

#2239 5 years ago

Call me crazy but I kind of think a Beatles pin could be a major misstep for whoever makes it. A license so expensive and constricting it makes Disney look friendly. Imagine the insane hoops billionaires and their widows would make you jump through? You'd have to honor even their craziest request.

#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have to agree that the original Star Trek series on LCD would really hit Stern's demographic.

They could do the OG series or the films with the OG cast and I would be happy, I would be happy with a StarTrek Wrath of Khan pin, Khan taunting you on the LCD as you battle, Oh man that would be amazing. Perhaps a ST Vault rethemed?

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Call me crazy but I kind of think a Beatles pin could be a major misstep for whoever makes it. A license so expensive and constricting it makes Disney look friendly. Imagine the insane hoops billionaires and their widows would make you jump through? You'd have to honor even their craziest request.

You are probably correct.
Much safer to go with the Monkeys

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A license so expensive and constricting it makes Disney look friendly.

Thats why Motorhead is a much better option. I like the Beatles but the music is shit for pinball.

#2243 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

They could do the OG series or the films with the OG cast and I would be happy, I would be happy with a StarTrek Wrath of Khan pin, Khan taunting you on the LCD as you battle, Oh man that would be amazing. Perhaps a ST Vault rethemed?

My friend and I have though a lot about a Wrath of Khan pin. We would place an LED panel with 5 digits corresponding the the Prefix code. You have to hit the targets below each digit to activate it.

#2244 5 years ago

"A Trip to the Moon".

... the playfields come pre-cratered.

#2245 5 years ago

Forbidden Planet
War of the Worlds (Pal)
Time Machine (Pal)
Outer Limits
Please and Thank You

#2246 5 years ago

....., you forgot Jonny Quest in your list!

#2247 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes and no. The Beatles ('ses widows) are experinced licensors and with Rock Band: Beatles being great in Terms of freedom art direction wise that should be all good.

BUT what they weren't allowed was to change the music itself (so it had to play a note altough you didn't hit in in the game, wich breaks a lot of the games feedback). Considering that It'll propably be hard getting somebody screaming JACKPOT over some songs and giving David Thiel (or whomever) some hard time. :-/

Still, if the game is no turdfest I'd be in.

#2248 5 years ago

Fortnight

#2249 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Trouble with Tribbles, and I'm in for a LE.

#2250 5 years ago

Where the f*ck is the f*cking TRON vault with the LCD? Soonish I hope!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
13,700 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.