IMG_20211014_230450 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211014_230208 (resized).jpg
8F8E291C-57D5-4582-95FF-25B90594B736 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210322-201143_Chrome (resized).jpg
brown23 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211011-075723 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
49DAE3D8-1604-4DC6-983D-AC32E69EA2B0 (resized).jpeg

There are 22258 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 446.
#22001 21 days ago

Would The Goonies Theme work? There’s enough iconic sets (ship, one eyed wilys throne room, skull piano), recognizable music, ideas/characters for deep rule set. I think it’s as popular as Munters, Godzilla and Rick and Morty IP.

Somebody has to reach out to the VH camp and get that VH pinball machine made. Out of the “major” rock acts they have to be the only one left who hasn’t done a pinball machine. I hope they celebrate all eras.

#22004 21 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I'm not one for music pins but I really enjoyed the netflix doc "If I leave here tomorrow." and I think Lynyrd Skynrd is definately pin worthy.
[quoted image]

I’ll have to watch that. I’d rank them in the top 3 Southern Rock bands, along with Atlanta Rhythm Section and the Allman Brothers. Some day I’ll make a Southern Rock pin. And I’m a “damned yankee”, moved to GA when I was 10. I think Southern Rock is something special.

EDIT: honorable mentions for Marshall Tucker Band and ZZ Top.

#22005 21 days ago

One could only hope.

#22007 21 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That will probably sell more lol

Fair enough. Rush might be huge in North America. Just have memories of Aerosmith which was a slower burn - and maybe even a bigger band? It did eventually sell out - just not as fast as other titles.

That flipper gap though

I bought the center post mod, that coupled with the new code has made GB an awesome pin.

#22008 21 days ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Would The Goonies Theme work? There’s enough iconic sets (ship, one eyed wilys throne room, skull piano), recognizable music, ideas/characters for deep rule set. I think it’s as popular as Munters, Godzilla and Rick and Morty IP.
Somebody has to reach out to the VH camp and get that VH pinball machine made. Out of the “major” rock acts they have to be the only one left who hasn’t done a pinball machine. I hope they celebrate all eras.

Queen

#22009 21 days ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I bought the center post mod, that coupled with the new code has made GB an awesome pin.

I support this! I think GBLE is a lot of fun. Do whatever you have to to make it less mean.

#22010 21 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Do whatever you have to to make it less mean.

What’s wrong with a pin being mean? I don’t understand this.

#22011 21 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

Brutal, tough, difficult, hard.

#22012 21 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

Actually I love mean pins (TWD for example), but GB seems to push it into “unfair” territory with that huge flipper gap. I have a Congo, and GB seems much wider than that.

#22013 21 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Actually I love mean pins (TWD for example), but GB seems to push it into “unfair” territory with that huge flipper gap. I have a Congo, and GB seems much wider than that.

Just never felt any pin was unfair I guess (I mean, everybody has to play the same pin right) and I try and make adjustments to mean pins and hope they make me a better player.

All that being said, I personally don’t think that gap on GB is as big and bad as people make it out to be.

#22014 21 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Brutal, tough, difficult, hard.

Ha. Yeah, so? Play better.

#22015 21 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

All that being said, I personally don’t think that gap on GB is as big and bad as people make it out to be.

It can’t be that bad, I play my friend’s unmodded LE when I’m at his house, and I still love it. It helps to have a lengthy ball save.

#22016 21 days ago
Quoted from MooButt:

That centre post is great, it doesn't make the game easy in any way, but it makes it less arbitrarily drainy sdtm. I have fun playing it, but there is way too much missed potential for me personally. Like the entire collecting ghosts aspect of the game: the awards aren't particularly enticing for me and it's topped off with a wizard mode that, while actually pretty good and all, just feels like a luck box with the flippers constantly switching back and forth. Considering how hard it is to get there, it's kind of a bummer to feel like there's nothing to really do to keep it going without just wildly flipping hoping for the best. A better approach, in my personal opinion, would have been an "unlimited" ball save approach like Cherry Bomb or maybe something that made the switching of flipper buttons less of a random thing (in MB hitting that captive ball is just going to happen a bunch, not much to be done besides trapping up). But still, that new code did elevate the game and not every game can be favourite of all time.

#22017 21 days ago
FB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpg
#22018 21 days ago

Patiently waiting for Borg to design a music dream theme pin. Not Rush, but I’d take:

Lawrence Welk
Weird Al
Randy Newman

How about it Borg, wanna switch now? Themes to NOT MAKE:

Rush
Eagles
ELO

#22019 21 days ago

Welk!

#22020 21 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Patiently waiting for Borg to design a music dream theme pin. Not Rush, but I’d take:
Lawrence Welk
Weird Al
Randy Newman
Rush
Eagles
ELO

You’ll be waiting forever

#22021 21 days ago

Jesus, not this again. It was never funny in the first place.

Rush is one of my all-time favorite bands, but that being said I feel like Black Sabbath would be a stronger theme for pinball. But then I'm imagining an entire pin based on the story of 2112, and I might be changing my own opinion...

#22022 21 days ago

Welk!

#22023 21 days ago

Whelk!

Whelk! (resized).jpg
#22024 21 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I support this! I think GBLE is a lot of fun. Do whatever you have to to make it less mean.

100%. Have you tried the carrot flippers?

I have added them to No Fear and AC/DC man it’s like a new game. Thinking of adding them to JP. Once I get better I can always swap them out and go original but lots of fun in the mean time.

#22025 21 days ago
IMG_20210929_000735 (resized).jpgIMG_20210929_000839 (resized).jpg
#22026 21 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Rush
Eagles
ELO

Wrong.
Wrong.
REALLY wrong.

#22027 21 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like Pinball Brothers snagged the Queen License..

#22028 21 days ago

Heighway had the Queen licence.. so now pinball brothers do!

#22029 21 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Heighway had the Queen licence.. so now pinball brothers do!

did heighway have Predator? I would buy that NOW...lol

#22030 20 days ago

I'm hoping this makes an appearance.

pasted_image (resized).png
#22031 20 days ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I'm hoping this makes an appearance.
[quoted image]

Or this:

#22032 20 days ago

So at this point regarding leaks and rumors, is it basically down to Jaws, Rush and BTTF?

#22033 20 days ago

Bond and Back to the Future

Quoted from Reality_Studio:

So at this point regarding leaks and rumors, is it basically down to Jaws, Rush and BTTF?

#22034 20 days ago

That was fucking amazing! Thank you!

#22035 20 days ago

Which is likely to come next; BTTF from Stern or Toy Story from JJP? My bank account wants to know.

#22036 20 days ago

Toy Story

Quoted from Hammerhead:

Which is likely to come next; BTTF from Stern or Toy Story from JJP? My bank account wants to know.

#22037 20 days ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I think we are all going to find out next month at Expo. Rumor is Gunners LE production has nearly caught up, JJP are going to make some more Willy Wanker and POTC in the next few months. Great times for pinball!

#22038 20 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

That was fucking amazing! Thank you!

It really was

#22039 20 days ago

"Dispatch, this is 504. He got away"
"He what?"
"He got away"

#22040 20 days ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I am putting my money on Toy Story. JJP has recently announced they are doing a limited run of Willy Wonka LEs at $11,000.

This could mean one of several things.

1. They are running a single line, and have caught up on all of the G&R pin orders and are cashing in on Wonka demand.
2. They have run out of parts for G&R and/or are running into Q/C issues, but have parts on hand for Wonka.
3. They are standing up a second line, and using Wonka to teach the crew how to run as the demand isn't there and its a good way to get folks up to speed.
4. They are done with G&R for now based off of demand, but Toy Story is almost ready but not quite there yet. They are switching the line over to Wonka's to fill demand while they work out the final few kinks on Toy Story, polish the code a bit, and prepare the line.

We saw a combination of 1 and 4 at Spooky when they re-ran Alice Cooper inbetween R&M and Haloween/Ultraman. We saw a combination of 1 and 2 at Stern a few times when they ran vault editions of various pins.

My money is on an announcement from JJP by the end of the year... Stern is due out on or about 18 January 2022.

#22041 20 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Whelk!
[quoted image]

Id LOVE. A final fantasy theme! If focusing on one game Id prefer 7 as Im a nut for those characters. But a compilation of all would also work.

#22042 20 days ago

Rumor was next JJP in February. That was a couple months ago but that was the projection.

#22043 20 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think we are all going to find out next month at Expo. Rumor is Gunners LE production has nearly caught up, JJP are going to make some more Willy Wanker and POTC in the next few months. Great times for pinball!

Where did you hear more pirates? That is an interesting rumor that I had not heard yet.

#22044 19 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Where did you hear more pirates? That is an interesting rumor that I had not heard yet.

I have been hearing it for a while from our local Aussie pinball group. I believe the rumor to be solid as when you go to JJP site there are three games listed. Willy Wonker just went back on the line and I think Pirates is next. Site is ready to take orders once the announcement is made.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/

Navigation
Guns N' Roses
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Pirates of the Caribbean

Back to the next Stern!

#22045 19 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I have been hearing it for a while from our local Aussie pinball group. I believe the rumor to be solid as when you go to JJP site there are three games listed. Willy Wonker just went back on the line and I think Pirates is next. Site is ready to take orders once the announcement is made.
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/
Navigation
Guns N' Roses
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Pirates of the Caribbean
Back to the next Stern!

They'll sell a BUNCH of jjPotC LEs @ $11k. I can't imagine the demand is nearly as strong for Wonka LE @ $11k.

#22046 19 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They'll sell a BUNCH of jjPotC LEs @ $11k. I can't imagine the demand is nearly as strong for Wonka LE @ $11k.

They'd sell a year's worth of production of POTC's LE's at $11k.

#22047 19 days ago

So will the new South Park pin have casa Bonita?!?

#22048 19 days ago

Where has this new South Park rumor all of a sudden popped up from? Wishful thinking?

#22049 19 days ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Where has this new South Park rumor all of a sudden popped up from?

Pinside.

LTG : )

#22050 19 days ago

I am surprised MMPR hasn’t popped up in pinball, licence has been going strong for 20+ years and would instantly pull kids in and their parents who grew up on its

Mortal Kombat is another theme that I think would translate well to pinball, combos = fatality inputs.

Can’t imagine either licence is too expensive either

There are 22258 posts in this topic. You are on page 441 of 446.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside