images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,985 posts in this topic. You are on page 439 of 940.
#21901 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

It sounds like Chris Franchi is ready to work on another game when the right theme comes up, so that's good.

I was under the impression that Franchi had burned his bridges at Stern, is that not the case?

#21902 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I was under the impression that Franchi had burned his bridges at Stern, is that not the case?

I think there was a falling out over some sort of issue but Franchi has interviewed Gomez on the Super Awesome Pinball Show, possibly more than once and recently mentioned that he was waiting for a theme that makes sense from Stern.

#21903 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

FYI, Black Knight Sword of Rage was done by Kevin O Connor and the style is nothing like ZombieYeti's. That doesn't necessarily take away from your point just worth noting.

It does.

BKSoR Playfield art as well has a very straight, distinct and consistent color palette.

The other mentioned games not so much.

#21904 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

FYI, Black Knight Sword of Rage was done by Kevin O Connor and the style is nothing like ZombieYeti's. That doesn't necessarily take away from your point just worth noting.
For what it's worth I agree that Stern needs multiple talented artists to provide variety and appropriate art packages for specific themes. It sounds like Chris Franchi is ready to work on another game when the right theme comes up, so that's good. I'd like to see Dirty Donny and Johnny Crap take another crack at an art package.

I feel like the guy who did Mando would have made a good match for Godzilla. I don't need to see another Johnny Crap game ever again though.

#21905 2 years ago

Speaking of "The Goonies", didn't Deeproot have that license supposedly ?! If so does it go back into the possibility of another company grabbing it ? Fuck I want Goonies bad. Not bad enough to send my money to Deeproot.

#21906 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Speaking of "The Goonies", didn't Deeproot have that license supposedly ?! If so does it go back into the possibility of another company grabbing it ? Fuck I want Goonies bad. Not bad enough to send my money to Deeproot.

I don't think there is a Deeproot to send money to anymore anyway.

#21907 2 years ago

At this point the only way you'll see a Goonies pinball is from someone making a Home Brew game ....

Quoted from mrclean:

#21908 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think it just proves how many dicks there are in the world. I feel badly for the people who wanted to buy one and couldn't get one and now have to rely on these shysters to get a game they should have gotten for no more than MSRP.

I had 2 LEs from 2 different distributors (A friend put me on a list since I was hiking in the Grand Canyon without service). Once I got back to the rim I gave one back to a distributor since I did not want to flip it.

The other thought I had buying from a distributor did not guarantee you would buy them at retail. I also believe there are distributors out there that are listing them on Pinside or eBay right now for higher mark up.

The same thing is happening with collecting bourbon. Sometimes you get lucky and can find a allocated bottle of bourbon on the shelf for retail. More often then not you can get the allocated bourbon at a much higher cost or on the secondary market. If you want it direct for a decent price you need to build a relationship with the liquor store to get it at retail. I know where I get my bourbon to be considered for Pappy at the end of the year you need to buy 2K worth of booze through the year. #FOMO is at an all time high

#21909 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I feel like the guy who did Mando would have made a good match for Godzilla. I don't need to see another Johnny Crap game ever again though.

Hopefully he is interested and gets another chance to do an art package. As for Johnny, I really like what he did with Jurassic Park. Are your issues with the entire package? Or just the playfield? I find the playfield to be overall very solid, the map portion allows the playfield to breathe without getting in its way.

To each their own obviously but I like that Johnny didn't make JP look like ZombieYeti would, even though ZY is by far my favourite pinball artist.

#21910 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

At this point the only way you'll see a Goonies pinball is from someone making a Home Brew game ....

“If I Found One-Eyed Willy’s Rich Stuff, I’d Pay All My Dad’s Bills, So Maybe, He Could Get The LE Goonies pinball on Pinside Marketplace…”

#21911 2 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

I had 2 LEs from 2 different distributors (A friend put me on a list since I was hiking in the Grand Canyon without service). Once I got back to the rim I gave one back to a distributor since I did not want to flip it.

And that's why you're an asset to the hobby...you gave someone else the opportunity to buy a game they wanted at retail rather than padding your own pockets and screwing someone else. Thank you.

#21912 2 years ago

Just think about these awesome colors on a pin, perfect call outs, music, scenes, etc… Upper PF wrestling ring with different wrestling opponents from movie, defeat Ramses to complete game. Some kind of sweet magnet or bash toy in training mode, secret holes under PF for the big lady.
Fart explosion button for secret Eagle powers on a video mode like DP. Maybe offer a two or four player tag team mode where you switch back and forth amongst players and the LCD shows the actual tag team movies clips.

My 14 year old son and I dreamed this up after watching the movie. Jack Black seems to be super approachable too, bet he likes pinball….

This game would be super cool!!

We’re probably way off, but we can dream.

8950A124-91FC-467E-961C-1989D713EDB9 (resized).png8950A124-91FC-467E-961C-1989D713EDB9 (resized).pngD0FEAAC6-C506-4E2C-A759-350589AAABC8 (resized).pngD0FEAAC6-C506-4E2C-A759-350589AAABC8 (resized).png
#21913 2 years ago

Art work on Mando looks like a box of melted crayons. I’m not convinced that Martinez has a firm grasp on selecting color palettes. And his figure drawing is weak at best. I’d have torn that work off the pad and tossed in the can like my college figure drawing professor did to me and so many other noobs.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

#21914 2 years ago

I would love to see Dirty Donny provide the art package for Black Sabbath

#21915 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I would love to see Dirty Donny provide the art package for Black Sabbath

I was wondering earlier today why Dirty Donnie hasn't done more art for Stern.

#21916 2 years ago

My solution to the LE problem is simple: pretend they don’t exist. But if one pops up on the market under retail and you like it, go for it. I love my GOTLE ($7200 with the topper!), but I haven’t seen any LE that was so much better than the Premium that I’d feel I was missing out.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21917 2 years ago

Die Hard

E052C217-B164-4582-8C32-58AC449750EB (resized).jpegE052C217-B164-4582-8C32-58AC449750EB (resized).jpeg
#21918 2 years ago

I would like to see a return of Dirty Donny as well but all his stuff looks the same also. Better a one in done in my book. Whoever did Mando looks like the same artist as Halloween. I havn't studied Mando much but similiar brush feel? Franchi still has a lot left in him for surprises.

#21919 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I would like to see a return of Dirty Donny as well but all his stuff looks the same also. Better a one in done in my book. Whoever did Mando looks like the same artist as Halloween. I havn't studied Mando much but similiar brush feel? Franchi still has a lot left in him for surprises.

Lol wut? Mando and HWN. Is there a different Halloween or Mando we are taking about, cause one, is not like the other, regardless if which one you like.

#21920 2 years ago

I think what everyone meant wasn’t Black Sabbath but Mac Sabbath. After all, We Sold Our Souls for Cinnamon Rolls

29CFEB42-9E8F-4718-A323-55D49CBCB4CD (resized).jpeg29CFEB42-9E8F-4718-A323-55D49CBCB4CD (resized).jpeg
#21921 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210923-190903_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210923-190903_Chrome (resized).jpg
#21922 2 years ago

Jadon Edminston (HWN) >>>> Randy Martinez (Mando) …no contest, Edmiston is a master and Martinez is a doodler in comparison.

Quoted from Viggin900:

#21923 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Die Hard
[quoted image]

Yes

#21924 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Die Hard
[quoted image]

Could be too expensive , but if you want to see fire
The callouts could be great , your time starts now ! , it will kill , it will cut

IMG_20210920_212944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210920_212944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210924_000722 (resized).jpgIMG_20210924_000722 (resized).jpg
#21925 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Could be too expensive , but if you want to see fire
The callouts could be great , your time starts now ! , it will kill , it will cut
[quoted image][quoted image]

Going to start watching this this weekend.. Any good?

#21926 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Its a great show. No drama like other reality based TV. Well, very little drama.

#21927 2 years ago

Any word on the next VE?

#21928 2 years ago

Since the Gottlieb game was so limited, maybe another crack at this?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21929 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Any word on the next VE?

VE's are no longer needed with the backorders on new games.

#21930 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

VE's are no longer needed with the backorders on new games.

With the updated tech, Stern could make a killing on Ghostbusters VE and put it in the production rotation for years like BM66. GBLE is approaching $20k now.

#21931 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

With the updated tech, Stern could make a killing on Ghostbusters VE and put it in the production rotation for years like BM66. GBLE is approaching $20k now.

GBLE on archive sales is not $20k

#21932 2 years ago

A kill bill pin with originals vidéos and musics from the 2 movies would be great

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21933 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Sounds like you are trying to convince me, one who does not work for Stern. What I posted came from an interview, likely Gomez, about VE games.

#21934 2 years ago

Ok, I cracked the code. Stern releases BTTF on October 12th. How do I know, we’ll remember I’m from the Land of the Lost and I know something about time travel. So take this red pill and get ready to travel down the rabbit hole back to the future.

So there’s a cryptic message on DeadFlip IG stories. In case I disappears I’ve screen shot it. https://instagram.com/stories/deadflip/2669294141651284108?utm_medium=copy_link
(See pic below)

The picture shows a boat, Gilligan, Skipper and “The Scientist” (Russel Johnson). Some may think, oh it’s Jaws. Not so fast.

Russel Johnson “The Scientist” was in 2 Twilight Zones (Back There & Execution) - both involving a man that time travels.

In the picture, there is a random Illuminati “All Seeing Eye”. This is tied back to BTTF in a scene described in this video (along with other Illuminati conspiracies) Coincidence?

And lastly the countdown represents the time machine settings

And if I’m wrong, you get your money back. And if I disappear I’m in Gary’s basement

2E8B504E-B581-41BB-870E-B6A681933267 (resized).jpeg2E8B504E-B581-41BB-870E-B6A681933267 (resized).jpeg4AE77482-9456-459B-BEB5-6F845D63355A (resized).jpeg4AE77482-9456-459B-BEB5-6F845D63355A (resized).jpeg970DF5A2-6C9F-46D6-A154-39A9E53F0C5E (resized).png970DF5A2-6C9F-46D6-A154-39A9E53F0C5E (resized).png
#21935 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Ok, I cracked the code. Stern releases BTTF on October 12th. How do I know, we’ll remember I’m from the Land of the Lost and I know something about time travel. So take this red pill and get ready to travel down the rabbit hole back to the future.
So there’s a cryptic message on DeadFlip IG stories. In case I disappears I’ve screen shot it. https://instagram.com/stories/deadflip/2669294141651284108?utm_medium=copy_link
(See pic below)
The picture shows a boat, Gilligan, Skipper and “The Scientist” (Russel Johnson). Some may think, oh it’s Jaws. Not so fast.
Russel Johnson “The Scientist” was in 2 Twilight Zones (Back There & Execution) - both involving a man that time travels.
In the picture, there is a random Illuminati “All Seeing Eye”. This is tied back to BTTF in a scene described in this video (along with other Illuminati conspiracies) Coincidence?

And if I’m wrong, you get your money back. And if I disappear I’m in Gary’s basement[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ummmm, ok sure. Sounds good

#21936 2 years ago

What if he is just really looking forward to Columbus Day?

#21937 2 years ago

Columbus was a time traveler. Add that to the list

#21938 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

GBLE on archive sales is not $20k

With topper. Should have clarified. Toppers selling $3000+

#21939 2 years ago

What sort of cosmic warlock are you!?

(See pic below)

And if I’m wrong, you get your money back. And if I disappear I’m in Gary’s basement[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#21940 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds like you are trying to convince me, one who does not work for Stern. What I posted came from an interview, likely Gomez, about VE games.

Probably trying to convince myself. I want an impossible to find LE with topper

#21941 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

What sort of cosmic warlock are you!?

Before Marshall left back to the future, he gave me this Illuminati Crystal. I see everything

18463C88-296F-48E3-BE9F-B37155C06ABD (resized).png18463C88-296F-48E3-BE9F-B37155C06ABD (resized).png
#21942 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

The whole point of a vault is to keep the line running in slow times. Stern is not in slow times. Might not see vaults for years at this point.

#21943 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The whole point of a vault is to keep the line running in slow times. Stern is not in slow times. Might not see vaults for years at this point.

I get that. When was the last VE? Unfortunately GB was released a year or two too early. If it were 2015/2016, it would still be on the production rotation.

#21944 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

I get that. When was the last VE? Unfortunately GB was released a year or two too early. If it were 2015/2016, it would still be on the production rotation.

Star Trek
Also......

Screenshot_20210923-230734_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210923-230734_Chrome (resized).jpg

#21945 2 years ago

Ok, I cracked the code

Brain on drugs (resized).pngBrain on drugs (resized).png
#21946 2 years ago

Before Marshall left back to the future, he gave me this Illuminati Crystal. I see everything
[quoted image]

Hahahahah oh man

…I wish you would like "RUSH" Chaka so I can see you around in that thread lol

#21947 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If you like seeing people make crappy knives it's the best
It's interesting to see how stuff is made .

#21948 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

…I wish you would like "RUSH" Chaka so I can see you around in that thread lol

That's going to be a quiet thread Rolls , lucky you got GNR to go to

#21949 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's going to be a quiet thread Rolls , lucky you got GNR to go to

Nobody is lucky to have GNR to go to

#21950 2 years ago

Rush has me less excited than competitive marble racing. Marbles can be pretty darn exciting.

2D73AB97-A2F9-4651-88E0-CF3BE224B540.jpeg2D73AB97-A2F9-4651-88E0-CF3BE224B540.jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
There are 46,985 posts in this topic. You are on page 439 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/439?hl=robnotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.