51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 438 of 941.
#21851 2 years ago

A guy with a sketchy past playing a game with ' Invaders' as part of the name title...

#21852 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

A guy with a sketchy past playing a game with ' Invaders' as part of the name title...
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"88902f66e34221e8bd30cf58e22ce7218132bed0-1632141828-1800"};
//]]>

" Invaders " You crack me up Chad

#21853 2 years ago

We need a Pumpkin Spice Latte theme pinball.
It would expand the player base and interest in pinball to the female demographic in ways not seen since Wizard of Oz.
Maybe a major coffee brand would partner with this idea, and put the machines in all their coffee shops!

#21854 2 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

We need a Pumpkin Spice Latte theme pinball.
It would expand the player base and interest in pinball to the female demographic in ways not seen since Wizard of Oz.
Maybe a major coffee brand would partner with this idea, and put the machines in all their coffee shops!

The Starbucks pumpkin spice pinball.

Half the people would bitch that the LE would have green powder coat when it should have orange. Also the topper would be a giant Starbucks cup that costs $749, still cheaper then an actual Starbucks coffee.

#21855 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

The Starbucks pumpkin spice pinball.
Half the people would bitch that the LE would have green powder coat when it should have orange. Also the topper would be a giant Starbucks cup that costs $749, still cheaper then an actual Starbucks coffee.

And I would still call the LE , "large"

#21856 2 years ago

I think we are long overdue for a Kroger or Publix pinball machine.

Modes like "Clean up in aisle three multiball".
"Knock down the cans display in the soda aisle".
"Power is shut down, make sure meat and produce aren't spoiling mode".

Put me down for an LE for one of these now please.

#21857 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I think we are long overdue for a Kroger or Publix pinball machine.
Modes like "Clean up in aisle three multiball".
"Knock down the cans display in the soda aisle".
"Power is shut down, make sure meat and produce aren't spoiling mode".
Put me down for an LE for one of these now please.

I heard Roger Sharpe is in negotiations with Piggly Wiggly as we speak. I also heard the Food Lion deal fell through and nobody wanted to take a chance on the knockoff, “Comestible Leopard”.

#21858 2 years ago

Anyone see “Into the Spiderverse”? If Stern could recreate the style and art from the movie, it would be stunning. The movie was one of the biggest surprises. Absolutely loved it and think it has so much content to make a great pin

#21859 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Anyone see “Into the Spiderverse”? If Stern could recreate the style and art from the movie, it would be stunning. The movie was one of the biggest surprises. Absolutely loved it and think it has so much content to make a great pin

If you liked that, watch Mitchells vs the Machines on Netflix. The spiderverse production team was brought in on it. A little slow to start, but GREAT animated movie.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/the-mitchells-vs-the-machines-animation-netflix-1234633881/

#21860 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Give me cannonball run..
[quoted image]

I could see this game being a lot like roadshow

#21861 2 years ago

Cannonball Run! Would make an epic pin and the cast is not all dead.

3CFC9C15-92DD-4823-81F6-3B49465E8304.jpeg3CFC9C15-92DD-4823-81F6-3B49465E8304.jpeg
#21862 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I heard Roger Sharpe is in negotiations with Piggly Wiggly as we speak. I also heard the Food Lion deal fell through and nobody wanted to take a chance on the knockoff, “Comestible Leopard”.

In for a Piggly Wiggly! Geez, haven’t heard anyone say that name in a long time lol

Do they still carry Texus Donuts there? When I moved out of the area, I only then realize that was not a normal thing I’d find anywhere - sad. Would make a great mech though; shoot through the big hole in the donut as it moves up/down.

#21863 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

In for a Piggly Wiggly!

Me too, I worked at one in High School, making that big $2.35 an hour.

#21864 2 years ago

Speaking of Rush, I think they could feature some of the game around the 2112 album. That album is a story about the priests of the Temples of Syrinx who take orders from a computer. Lots of good music there and could have a temple toy to shoot the ball into, around, etc. Unfortunately, some of it is very long.

#21865 2 years ago

If we are talking real dreams here, well then....

Elwin designed, Zombie Yeti on art of course....

1) MAD MAX TRILOGY: Best moments of all 3 films, with Mel Gibson on callouts. He'll be happy to take the work & reprise one of his favorite roles.

2) STAR WARS - BOBA FETT: Finally give Elwin a crack at a Star Wars pin. Instantly the best SW pin ever made. Just wait for a couple seasons of the Book of Boba Fett first before making it. Or take some creative freedom with a Knights of the Old Republic theme.

3) ANY JOHN CARPENTER SCIFI CLASSIC: Let Stern get a Carpenter licence & let them do it justice. There's so much clamoring for BTIC, but I would MUCH prefer They Live, The Thing, or Escape From New York.

4) THE LEGEND OF INDIANA JONES: Take the licence, but go the Jurassic Park route. Don't get boxed in with movie clips. Use Ford's likeness, get a impressionist voice-over, animate the LCD and pack the game with classic & new adventure modes. I can only image what Elwin could do with a modern IJ design. And Zombie Yeti drawing classic IJ characters? Count me in

5) BLADE RUNNER: Long overdue. Spinner cars, neon lights, hunt for replicants, voight-kampff tests & more Harrison Ford. Killer soundtrack. It would be Tron taken to the next level. They'd sell a ton of these.

#21866 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

. . . the cast is not all dead.

Now there's a ringing endorsement for any potential pinball machine license.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21867 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Now there's a ringing endorsement for any potential pinball machine license.

Hey, in the Banning auction the credibility of live actors and actresses meant nothing. When Air Aces came up neither auctioneer nor his friend pointed out that the pinball machine was based on the movie, "The Great Waldo Pepper" and as of today, neither Robert Redford nor Susan Sarandon are dead.

SPOILER ALERT
Okay, she does die wing walking in the movie and if you haven't seen it - it is a GREAT movie - comedy, drama, satire and lost dreams. Sort of like our lives .

#21868 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

1) MAD MAX TRILOGY: Best moments of all 3 films, with Mel Gibson on callouts. He'll be happy to take the work & reprise one of his favorite roles.
2) STAR WARS - BOBA FETT: Finally give Elwin a crack at a Star Wars pin. Instantly the best SW pin ever made. Just wait for a couple seasons of the Book of Boba Fett first before making it. Or take some creative freedom with a Knights of the Old Republic theme.
3) ANY JOHN CARPENTER SCIFI CLASSIC: Let Stern get a Carpenter licence & let them do it justice. They're so much clamoring for BTIC, but I would MUCH prefer They Live, The Thing, or Escape From New York.
4) THE LEGEND OF INDIANA JONES: Take the licence, but go the Jurassic Park route. Don't get boxed in with movie clips. Use Ford's likeness, get a impressionist voice-over, animate the LCD and pack the game with classic & new adventure modes. I can only image what Elwin could do with a modern IJ design. And Zombie Yeti drawing classic IJ characters? Count me in
5) BLADE RUNNER: Long overdue. Spinner cars, neon lights, hunt for replicants, voight-kampff tests & more Harrison Ford. Killer soundtrack. It would be Tron taken to the next level. They'd sell a ton of these.

I hate to say it, but Mad Max, take my money! Leave out #3 though. That's not mad max, that's straight up bullshit!

#21869 2 years ago

THEY LIVE! …and Army of Darkness are my biggest dream themes.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

3) ANY JOHN CARPENTER SCIFI CLASSIC: Let Stern get a Carpenter licence & let them do it justice. They're so much clamoring for BTIC, but I would MUCH prefer They Live, The Thing, or Escape From New York.

AB4D3348-C09B-4ECA-8E81-1CE82DA8402E (resized).jpegAB4D3348-C09B-4ECA-8E81-1CE82DA8402E (resized).jpeg
#21870 2 years ago

BLACK SABBATH
or
VENOM

#21871 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

BLACK SABBATH
or
VENOM

Sabbath

#21872 2 years ago

Sabbath please

#21873 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#21874 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

THEY LIVE! …and Army of Darkness are my biggest dream themes.
[quoted image]

Love the back alley brawl in they live. I wonder if that scene holds up today.

#21875 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

It does!

And hey, you are just a stone throws away from me....

#21876 2 years ago

But please, no jumping naked demon target. Led Zeppelin's target was enough for this decade.

#21877 2 years ago

If they put that scene in a game it should be a mystery award only mode and it should run the ball save the entire time so you HAVE TO watch the whole ridiculous scene haha.

Quoted from digitaldocc:

#21878 2 years ago

This is what happens when Stern underestimates the number of LE’s they should release. Maybe Stern will figure out 1k of a hot title barely meets demand. They should have been around 1.5k Godzilla LE’s and between 1.5k-2k LE’s of Bond and BTTF. How will Stern respond?

6017193B-6289-4346-AAD2-B47801CB8FB8.jpeg6017193B-6289-4346-AAD2-B47801CB8FB8.jpeg

#21879 2 years ago

But it was 1000. Honestly think that is a good number. Much better than 500 GNR CE's! Yes I'm still bitter....

#21880 2 years ago

This is what happens when Stern underestimates the number of LE’s they should release. Maybe Stern will figure out 750 LE’s of a hot titles barely meets demand. They should have been around 1.5k Godzilla’s and plan for between 1.5k-2k LE’s of Bond and BTTF.
[quoted image]

I agree. Stern should make more to stop this flipping for profit. Make plenty to go around and fill all the orders. Once the orders are filled, announce how may. Once the hobby settles back down, go back to making less. It is a win win for everyone.

#21881 2 years ago

This is what happens when Stern underestimates the number of LE’s they should release. Maybe Stern will figure out 1k of a hot title barely meets demand. They should have been around 1.5k Godzilla LE’s and between 1.5k-2k LE’s of Bond and BTTF. How will Stern respond?

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I agree. Stern should make more to stop this flipping for profit. Make plenty to go around and fill all the orders. Once the orders are filled, announce how may. Once the hobby settles back down, go back to making less. It is a win win for everyone.

You guys are broken records. And wrong.

#21882 2 years ago

[quoted image]

As someone who wanted an LE and didnt get one, I still think 1000 is a good number. It has to remain limited in some way. The premium isn’t really all that different as all I really care about is the gameplay anyways.

Someone suggested limiting the window of time to order an LE rather than limiting the number. I do think thats a good idea.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21883 2 years ago

[quoted image]

They're still scarred from that unsold pile of WWE LEs sitting in the corner of the warehouse for the last 5-6 years. Not all the LEs blew the doors off, even with much smaller numbers.

#21884 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I think it just proves how many dicks there are in the world. I feel badly for the people who wanted to buy one and couldn't get one and now have to rely on these shysters to get a game they should have gotten for no more than MSRP.

#21885 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More
They're still scarred from that unsold pile of WWE LEs sitting in the corner of the warehouse for the last 5-6 years. Not all the LEs blew the doors off, even with much smaller numbers.

Wait I can still get a NIB of this?

#21886 2 years ago

I disagree, just look at the numbers that spooky did on Halloween and ultra man CEs. Spooky showed that the majority of people want the “best version” regardless of the number of games produced.

IMO Spooky does it best and with their philosophy, everyone wins.

Quoted from tacreno:

As someone who wanted an LE and didnt get one, I still think 1000 is a good number. It has to remain limited in some way. The premium isn’t really all that different as all I really care about is the gameplay anyways.
Someone suggested limiting the window of time to order an LE rather than limiting the number. I do think thats a good idea.

#21887 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Just because they are listed doesn't mean they are selling. I'm sure a couple will sell but just like mando the price will slowly drop. Lots of people still sitting on mando that didn't get their 14k asking price.

Screenshot_20210921-215120_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210921-215120_Chrome (resized).jpg
#21888 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Interesting, the prices have already come down. Last week they were all 15k+

#21889 2 years ago

I seem to remember that on at least one of the premium+ titles(Batman 66?) the SLE was by invite only. A few release cycles from now when insider online has more penetration, I could totally believe they make the LE's invite only for the first 24 hours based on some mix of data involving play on location/home and/or current machine ownership.

Even if the actual requirements are minimal it's adds more friction to flipping which is already a high friction transaction and more or less ensures any holdouts/minimal users amongst the heavy wallet crowd enroll themselves and their collection, sign in every time they play and push any locations/friends collections they frequent to do the same. That sort of incentive for members is pretty standard for both collectibles and online engagement systems.

#21890 2 years ago

I think it’s because they want to get the next aLE to flip again and need the liquidity. so of course they have to lower the prices

#21891 2 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Wait I can still get a NIB of this?

Probably but dunno if it'd be from Stern or sitting in the corner at a dist. $4.97 and it's yours.

Stern had a LOT of them unsold. That's why they were giving WWE machines away as tournament prizes years after it came out.

#21892 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Just because they are listed doesn't mean they are selling. I'm sure a couple will sell but just like mando the price will slowly drop. Lots of people still sitting on mando that didn't get their 14k asking price.[quoted image]

Damn pinside marketplace!!! I can't keep up with all these upcoming "LE" Releases gonna break the bank!! ...

"Honey.... I gotta sell my sperm & blood again!"

Pinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).pngPinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).png
#21893 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Damn pinside marketplace!!! I can't keep up with all these upcoming "LE" Releases gonna break the bank!! ...
[quoted image]

Pretty good. Only one I would want is the Jaws LE

#21894 2 years ago

2 for 2!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21895 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

2 for 2!!
[quoted image]

Might be a little off on those Lyman Sheats, Steve Ritchie predictions though

#21896 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:If we are talking real dreams here, well then....
Elwin designed, Zombie Yeti on art of course.... And Zombie Yeti drawing classic IJ characters?

Why would you want Zombie Yeti to do the artwork on all these titles? So it will look exactly the same as Avengers, Godzilla, BKSR, and TMNT and the others? Pretty boring. I can tell you exactly what all these themes would look like by him before they are released. I want MadMax to look like a MadMax theme with drab browns, not comic book crayola. Indiana Jones in that color scheme? John Carpenter wouldn't be very scary, all his movies are dark and drab. Thats the point in having a variety of themes in a game room.

#21897 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Best fight scene in ANY movie to this day!

#21898 2 years ago

Do we know who the artist is for the next machine?

#21899 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

1B7AB7E5-CFB1-4441-AE9D-5640804FEDDB.jpeg1B7AB7E5-CFB1-4441-AE9D-5640804FEDDB.jpeg
#21900 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Why would you want Zombie Yeti to do the artwork on all these titles? So it will look exactly the same as Avengers, Godzilla, BKSR, and TMNT and the others?

FYI, Black Knight Sword of Rage was done by Kevin O Connor and the style is nothing like ZombieYeti's. That doesn't necessarily take away from your point just worth noting.

For what it's worth I agree that Stern needs multiple talented artists to provide variety and appropriate art packages for specific themes. It sounds like Chris Franchi is ready to work on another game when the right theme comes up, so that's good. I'd like to see Dirty Donny and Johnny Crap take another crack at an art package.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 438 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/438?hl=robnotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.