Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 938.
#21601 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Has it been confirmed if the price increase is just for this title due to license and online gimmick or is this the new price structure for all future games?
If it is, it is getting a bit ridiculous. I am sorry but if I buy a Kia I don't expect Audi prices, lol.
The cost of building new things has increased, mostly due to the cost of shipping.
Electronics are more expensive too,but, I don’t think there is anything inside a pinball machine that justifies the jump in price we just saw, especially in a spike II system and if the electronics/chips used cost more, how much more? Certainly not $1000 more.
The online gimmick, could not care less for a home environment, I simply don't care for anything online on a pinball and this should be optional and not forced on all games.
I would take a shaker over the online gimmick any day.
The game looks cool though. I want to see it play but looks like a fun game.

Why would they lower the price? They're about to sell a ton of machines at this new price. They're pumping out games like crazy. If anything they are going to keep raising prices and people are going to keep buying them just like usual.

On top of that, a frickin bag of Doritos is $5 here. Everything is going up up up.

#21602 2 years ago

Once I saw Taco Bell was hiring at $14 an hour and up, I knew everything was going to go up drastically.
I just paid $2.49 for small generic plush. These used to cost $1.25 to $2 depending on the mix. Had to tweak the cranes to compensate. If a location wants a new pinball, it's going to be 70% with a minimum. I might also need to raise pinball cost per game. I was $.75 a game 3 for $2. Might be a straight buck a game on pros.

#21603 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So youre comparing stern to a kia? Who is the Audi?

deeproot, but they are "outtie"

#21604 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's hope not. As someone who fell for the Batman '66 SLE scam, I can absolutely say it was NOT worth it. The pin-striping was just vinyl stickers that came off as soon as you played a few games and heated up the lockdown bar with your hands. No SLE-specific replacement parts available. We had a defective coin door area decal that delaminated by the shooter plate. Tough titty, said Stern. No SLE cab replacement parts are available. On a $15k machine. SMH. Never again.

So are you selling? Sad to hear about the pinstripes. It’s one of the most beautiful machines I’ve seen. Own a premium and it’s a family favorite but I’ve always kept an eye out for the SLE if it ever popped up under 19k

I could see how SLE replacements could be an issue so maybe they’ll never go that route again. Still think there’s a lot of potential for a sweet LE BTTF

#21605 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

deeproot, but they are "outtie"

well done sir

#21606 2 years ago

The premium Godzilla seems like a better value than Mando premium, even at the higher price.

#21607 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Looks like I am gonna take the Godzilla off my dresser and install it in the machine. In place of the green thing.

If I buy a Premium, I will simply remove it. It’s a bit weird for a 62 year old to be playing with pinball toys let alone one with action figures in it.

#21608 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

So are you selling? Sad to hear about the pinstripes. It’s one of the most beautiful machines I’ve seen. Own a premium and it’s a family favorite but I’ve always kept an eye out for the SLE if it ever popped up under 19k
I could see how SLE replacements could be an issue so maybe they’ll never go that route again. Still think there’s a lot of potential for a sweet LE BTTF

Already sold long ago. We had it on location for a year when the code was still barely above box of lights mode. Tried to sell it during that time for 12k with no takers. Once the code started coming out, we got out even (with the vinyl stickers that were a mess taken off and the delaminating coin door cabinet sticker) on it.

But yeah, what a negative experience. Stern cut SO MANY CORNERS on what was supposed to be a super-premium rare edition. Spending an extra $500 BOM on the machine they were selling for $6000 over an LE (DIRECT - no dealer cut of the money) would have made it satisfactory, but they were in sucker mode. Par for the course, I guess.

#21609 2 years ago
CEEA5187-DE20-4214-84C1-08B8C112E776 (resized).jpegCEEA5187-DE20-4214-84C1-08B8C112E776 (resized).jpeg
#21610 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

AIQ TMNT and now Godzilla all look pretty similar graphically.

You can definitely have too much of a good thing .

#21611 2 years ago

I think AIQ is the best Modern Elwin game. JMHO…..Aaaaannnnnnnddddddd GO!

#21612 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next Stern pin reveal due 18 January 2022
Stern delivered slightly ahead of predicted (1 week early!) with Godzilla being revealed 14 September instead of the predicted 23 September based off of prior releases.
Math below.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 134 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 18 January, 2022
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.

January 5th- January 8th marks CES 2022. They revealed a game during that event before.. date makes sense. It would make sense to tease it maybe a week or two before to get the buzz going during the holidays. However look at the past two right before Christmas date reveals ...

Stranger Things: 12/23/2019
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020

Averaging those dates places Kapow "Back To The Future" Flux Capacitor Super Limited Edition at 12-19-21.

#21613 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Topic for a new thread.
We are a just a few hours away from being back to Rush and BTTF here.

#21614 2 years ago

Even Elwin does not own an AIQ. That ought to tell you something.

Quoted from hiker2099:

#21615 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

JP is the best!

#21616 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#21617 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is that because he doesn’t want one or is Stern backlogged in making it? What games does Keith own?

#21618 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is that because he doesn’t want one or is Stern backlogged in making it? What games does Keith own?

He mentioned on TPN in August that he keeps one game in his office and it is IM. Not sure what he has at home.

#21619 2 years ago

Whenever someone sais “I’m getting a very AIQ feeling about this” as if it’s some sort of backhanded insult, I’m like, “f*k yeh” - make me another game with one of the best layouts and rulesets and art packages of all time. I swear some of you guys live on another planet.

#21620 2 years ago

On a recent podcast he said the only one of his he hasd at home was Jurassic Park.

#21621 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I'm a bigger fan of the classic Elwins from way back

#21622 2 years ago

Any idea when deadflip is doing the gameplay stream?

#21623 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Any idea when deadflip is doing the gameplay stream?

Friday at 6pm CST

#21624 2 years ago

I’m not sure. He owns IMDN and JP though. I think AIQ was not a project he was passionate about and Stern rushed him a bit and it shows. I’ll admit I’m not much of a Marvel fan but I f’n LOVE Deadpool (great shots rules code callouts art package…FUN!) and I really honestly can’t get into AIQ (good layout, meh art, meh music, meh animations, sterile rule set and I personally have not had a single game where I was having FUN playing it, or had my heart racing…or was excited…or pumped about a great score. Just lacks the magic)

I mean…he had Archer at home didn’t he? And Archer is IMDN.

Quoted from Oleboy:

On a recent podcast he said the only one of his he hasd at home was Jurassic Park.

#21625 2 years ago

I believe Keith owns a ton of games. Not sure if they are all at his home. He had about 40 pins of his on loan to the Replay Foundation. I assume he got them back when they closed up shop.

#21626 2 years ago

SAME SAME .... BUT DIFFERENT ... BUT STILL SAME.

Same_Same_Same.pngSame_Same_Same.pngjames-franco.gifjames-franco.gif
#21627 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

SAME SAME .... BUT DIFFERENT ... BUT STILL SAME.[quoted image][quoted image]

BUT ALL AWESOME

#21628 2 years ago

My mom said her first new car was $15k and that was a camero that would be 50 today. Wait till cars go up $20k more. Everything is nuts. Where are all the workers? $14 to work fast food? Used to work at Wendy’s in 2000 for $5.15 hr.

#21629 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Used to work at Wendy’s in 2000 for $5.15 hr.

I used to pick rock for $3.25/hr… quitchyer bitchin.

#21630 2 years ago

Love it! But that back sculptor be like…..

3CBA0BA4-E2AC-49F4-B0BE-5EF2226D6DA6 (resized).jpeg3CBA0BA4-E2AC-49F4-B0BE-5EF2226D6DA6 (resized).jpeg
#21631 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

BUT ALL AWESOME

Well, JP and AIQ are both awesome. GZ needs to prove itself.

#21632 2 years ago

Not saying anything bad about Rush or BTTF but man how kick ass would THIS be as a pin!

Clash+of+the+Titans+2+web (resized).jpgClash+of+the+Titans+2+web (resized).jpg
#21633 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

JP is the best!

I agree didn't even like AIQ

#21634 2 years ago

Jason and the Argonauts is cool too.

#21635 2 years ago

So I am hearing Borg on Rush next but also Borg on BTTF after Rush...so how can that be? 2 games 1 playfield like Halloween/Ultraman? 1 new design and 1 reskin? Rush is code for BTTF?

#21636 2 years ago

Someone forgot to tell ZY you don't have to make this a comic pin

IMG_20210915_205936 (resized).jpgIMG_20210915_205936 (resized).jpg
#21637 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It looks like a Marvel Pin not a Toho one.

#21638 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

My mom said her first new car was $15k and that was a camero that would be 50 today. Wait till cars go up $20k more. Everything is nuts. Where are all the workers? $14 to work fast food? Used to work at Wendy’s in 2000 for $5.15 hr.

Even worse here...$18.50/hr for In-N-OUT and $22/hr to stock shelves at Target.

#21639 2 years ago
Quoted from eyewantone:

Even worse here...$18.50/hr for In-N-OUT and $22/hr to stock shelves at Target.

"Even worse"? Wtf. Darn these people getting paid more for a job I wouldn't do for that much, even at these new higher rates!

#21640 2 years ago

I have to pay $25 hr to my employees to make belts but at least that’s a skill labor job. Wonder what stern pays. Has to be high.

#21641 2 years ago
Quoted from eyewantone:

$22/hr to stock shelves at Target.

Pretty f'ed up considering that I work for a major telco, have been here for 13 years, and get paid pretty much that. Just goes to show how truly useless unions are. That's ludicrous.

#21642 2 years ago

Obviously you have never had to make payroll for your employees.

#21643 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Obviously you have never had to make payroll for your employees.

What I meant by "even worse", is that things will cost even more because of ridiculous wages just to ask if you want fry's with that or to put a can of beans on a shelf.

#21644 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So I am hearing Borg on Rush next but also Borg on BTTF after Rush...so how can that be? 2 games 1 playfield like Halloween/Ultraman? 1 new design and 1 reskin? Rush is code for BTTF?

Does not sound like back to back games from Borg. BTTF could be a very late 2022 game.

Just simply it is his next game he is working on.

#21645 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Comic art is his style though, he says as much on the latest Stern Insider podcast... can't ask an artist to be something they are not, and get something inspired/good.

#21646 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Does not sound like back to back games from Borg. BTTF could be a very late 2022 game.
Just simply it is his next game he is working on.

Ah well...more time to save if that is the case.

#21647 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

January 5th- January 8th marks CES 2022. They revealed a game during that event before.. date makes sense. It would make sense to tease it maybe a week or two before to get the buzz going during the holidays. However look at the past two right before Christmas date reveals ...
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020
Averaging those dates places Kapow "Back To The Future" Flux Capacitor Super Limited Edition at 12-19-21.

Got “lucky” getting Elvira before the price hike and the absolutely only Stern I will purchase for the foreseeable future would be BTTF. Please bring this out next, so I can finally put a stop to my NIB affliction!

#21648 2 years ago

Could have been a great pinball machine. Probably going to get one anyway.

#21649 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Pretty f'ed up considering that I work for a major telco, have been here for 13 years, and get paid pretty much that. Just goes to show how truly useless unions are. That's ludicrous.

Then you’re in the wrong Union . It’s been great for me and provided a good life for my family .

If I can’t find Msrp Godzilla LE I will get a premium - looks good to me !

#21650 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:Someone forgot to tell ZY you don't have to make this a comic pin
[quoted image]

I don't know man... to me it looks like great art and it looks like pinball. I'm thankful high-caliber guys like ZY are on the job and we aren't getting playfields full of pixelated copy/pasted bitmaps in photoshop anymore.

How quickly we forget...

008.jpg008.jpgIMG_0989.jpgIMG_0989.jpg111.jpg111.jpg

I know this is Pinside and you crybabies are required by law to bitch about every damn thing, but holy shit am I happy we are at a point in pinball where we can look at the three playfields above from not so long ago, and then throw a hissy fit about this...

c55d90b1171d4a0b050edb44fc0ed4058f50b961.jpgc55d90b1171d4a0b050edb44fc0ed4058f50b961.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/433?hl=alex_m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.