Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 431 of 938.
#21501 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Over the figure? Lol. Dump it to someone that wants it, then.

No. I can buy a better figure in Japan to put in there. It's the overall art package.

#21502 2 years ago

I think the game looks amazing, and has some really nice toys too, love the steel ramps, multilevel building and collapsing bridge.
I know nothing about Toho but the game visually looks great to me, prefer the comic art over anything else (SW comic also looked way better).
Only thing that probably is going to annoy me is the music and monotone voice, hope it is kept to a limit and more focused on the effect sounds.
Hope that reservation for an LE comes through, if not then a premium will do, the grey armor paint doesn't look that special anyway.

#21503 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Cool cool. Thanks!

AIQ TMNT and now Godzilla all look pretty similar graphically.

#21504 2 years ago

Must be a fan of Skittles . Damn the playfield is a rainbow of colors

Quoted from mikepmcs:

Looks very cool. Congratulations to everyone getting one. Awesome!
I really like Jeremy's art as well. I know nothing about Godzilla but this type of style is attractive to me when looking at pinball machines. (ghostbusters,tmnt)
r/
Mike

#21505 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

I think the game looks amazing, and has some really nice toys too, love the steel ramps, multilevel building and collapsing bridge.
I know nothing about Toho but the game visually looks great to me, prefer the comic art over anything else (SW comic also looked way better).
Only thing that probably is going to annoy me is the music and monotone voice, hope it is kept to a limit and more focused on the effect sounds.
Hope that reservation for an LE comes through, if not then a premium will do, the grey armor paint doesn't look that special anyway.

They can always add/change some of that with updates. Agreed love the comic style to this!

#21506 2 years ago

Awesome! I'm in for a limited Edition! Can't wait! It will look amazing next to Avengers, Jurrasic Park and Iron Maiden! Keith Elwins games kick ass!

#21507 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Is this sculpture a tribute to the “grinch”….
[quoted image]

Maybe a tribute to the original 1954 film poster, instead?

godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-1954,mg0083978 (resized).jpggodzilla-king-of-the-monsters-1954,mg0083978 (resized).jpg
#21508 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Maybe a tribute to the original 1954 film poster, instead?[quoted image]

Nice find !

#21509 2 years ago

I think this machine looks good next to the spooky ultraman . They give me the same vibe

#21510 2 years ago

Pin looks cool, lots of stuff there, but come on Stern. Worst trailer ever. The mono tone voice over missed the mark and couldn’t Keith take the snap back off for 5 minutes and put on a TOHO army cap? Didn’t they watch Godzilla as a kid? Using this music & sound effects in the trailer would have been better

Either way, it’s not about the trailer, looking forward to the gameplay

#21511 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

BUT GODZILLA DOESN'T MOOOOOOVE
[quoted image]

This is what the mod guys are for. Get to work fellas!

#21512 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The pro doesn’t look too bad either.

I think they ripped out way too much.

#21513 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

They haven't officially announced them but Kaneda said...
pro $6999
premium $8999
LE $10500

$10500 sounds like a bargain now that I heard the expected prices here....probably more like $15500 to $16000.....

#21514 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

LE locked and loaded. This looks incredible.

Same here and I so agree.

#21515 2 years ago

So as per normal Stern the Godzilla LE buyers will get their games first, but with the current backlogs I wonder how long it will be before the premium guys get theirs?

#21516 2 years ago

Looks like there is a fantastic little PAPA easter egg included in Godzilla. The carpet in the building mech in Godzilla looks exactly like the carpet in the old PAPA Headquarters outside Pittsburgh. Keith sk8ball won the Pinburgh Match-Play Championship and the PAPA World Championship in that building.

Godzilla Carpet (resized).pngGodzilla Carpet (resized).pngPapa Carpet (resized).jpgPapa Carpet (resized).jpg
#21517 2 years ago

New here - is there any way to get an LE still? I don't know any distros as I just entered this hobby.

#21518 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Art is subjective, and I know a ton ton ton of time and effort was put in by ZY. But that art just doesn't really line up for me for classic Toho GZ. Its too "colorful" and GZ is not GREEN!!!!!

The trailer looks excellent. But I agree. Whoa Nellie! Godzilla is pretty green. A couple guys mentioned watermelons...

whoa (resized).pngwhoa (resized).png

#21519 2 years ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

New here - is there any way to get an LE still? I don't know any distros as I just entered this hobby.

Get onto sterns website and start calling around. They have all distributors listed there.

#21520 2 years ago
Quoted from Auror:

Looks like there is a fantastic little PAPA easter egg included in Godzilla. The carpet in the building mech in Godzilla looks exactly like the carpet in the old PAPA Headquarters outside Pittsburgh. Keith sk8ball won the Pinburgh Match-Play Championship and the PAPA World Championship in that building.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome.

#21521 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get onto sterns website and start calling around. They have all distributors listed there.

Thank you! I will start trying my luck. Appreciate the help.

#21522 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So as per normal Stern the Godzilla LE buyers will get their games first, but with the current backlogs I wonder how long it will be before the premium guys get theirs?

Per GS's email - Of the USA Pros, we will first supply games through our distribution to commercial locations; we ask for information about these locations so that we can help market and attract players to see and try Godzilla. LE’s come during the last week of September and early October. The Premium production will start in October. We also will continue manufacturing many other games – all the commercial LCD games will contain the components needed for Insider Connected.

#21523 2 years ago

Next Stern pin reveal due 18 January 2022

Stern delivered slightly ahead of predicted (1 week early!) with Godzilla being revealed 14 September instead of the predicted 23 September based off of prior releases.

Math below.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)

The average time between cornerstone releases is now 134 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 18 January, 2022

*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.

#21524 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Stern delivered slightly ahead of predicted (1 week early!) with Godzilla being revealed 14 September instead of the predicted 23 September based off of prior releases.
Math below.
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.

I dig that you do this. John Borg was quoted (Super Awesome Pinball Show) saying his game would be this year.

#21525 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Maybe a tribute to the original 1954 film poster, instead?[quoted image]

I would have liked to see this artwork, or any period artwork, over Zombie "Target Toy Aisle" Yeti.

#21526 2 years ago
Quoted from Auror:

Hope you are a detective...otherwise you missed your calling.

#21527 2 years ago

Wow
Almost 7k for a pro and over 2k more for premium.

Yikes.

#21528 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Math below.

They will pump one more out around Christmas time like when they dropped STh.

#21529 2 years ago
Quoted from rpomahac:

Wow
Almost 7k for a pro and over 2k more for premium.
Yikes.

The prices for pinball lately are insane...

#21530 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

But has anyone stopped buying them?

#21531 2 years ago
Quoted from Auror:

It is the actual carpet in the LEs. That’s why the price point went up.

#21532 2 years ago

I get the price for this game.... but I am not so sure that 1000 Rush LE's will sell at $10,500+

#21533 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

But has anyone stopped buying them?

Well they should! I wont be buying at these levels...

#21534 2 years ago

The art work is cartoonish. Does not match the hole theme Godzilla. The rest looks good, though. I still like the game.

#21535 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

True, but it’s still better than a Bad Cats for $12k and a BTFF for $18k

#21536 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well they should! I wont be buying at these levels...

I'm with you. I dont buy NIB much, 2 total, I dont mind waiting a year sometimes to get a game used.

#21537 2 years ago

Was not into the theme and therefore not a buyer, but the amount of tricks they put into the premium is pretty damn amazing. Wasn’t expecting that. Looking forward to playing this on location.

#21538 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I dont mind waiting a year sometimes to get a game used.

In today's market, waiting a year doesn't necessarily mean lower price. In some cases, same or higher price.

#21539 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm with you. I dont buy NIB much, 2 total, I dont mind waiting a year sometimes to get a game used.

The problem with this plan is, nobody seems to know what "used" means anymore. Everybody wants damn near (or even OVER) original pricing for old games.

Edit: Damn, BasementFacts beat me by 2 second.s

#21540 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The problem with this plan is, nobody seems to know what "used" means anymore. Everybody wants damn near (or even OVER) original pricing for old games.

Just like used car prices going up 47% in one year. My GMC that I sold a year ago for $6800 is now going for $9k plus.

Prices are all relative, and relatively INSANE across the board, pins and all.

#21541 2 years ago

Godzilla premium looks like the answer to me, but at $9k I won’t be rushing to get one. The game looks very interesting but this one definitely needs to flipped to get a feel for. We don’t know what shape the rules are, but Elwin releases completed games that only require polishing and no turds allowed. I’ll be waiting a year or two before buying and will have many chances to play on location. Halloween should be delivered next Summer so Godzilla premium purchase between Fall of 2022 and 2023.

#21542 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

In today's market, waiting a year doesn't necessarily mean lower price. In some cases, same or higher price.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Edit: Damn, BasementFacts beat me by 2 second.s

Very true, then I will just play it on location. Unless it's a theme I need, most of these new games are not home worthy to me.

#21543 2 years ago

Stern, you messed up on the number of LE’s offered, again. This will lead to a market for flipping pins at $1k-$3k over msrp. Stern should have offered more LE’s, and while 1,250 was a safe bet, 1,500 would have been just right. How about LE’s being available for purchase from today until whenever for a pinball fan who wants an LE but can’t find one because you didn’t announce enough of them. The extra units are needed to satisfy the surge in opening day demand. By my reckoning, Stern left 500 LE’s on the table. I’d have bought one as would other people up to the 500 more.

** Wanted to Buy - Godzilla LE at msrp with 2021 build date. **

#21544 2 years ago

Man. I’d love to put a premium on location but 9k plays before I make a dollar is a lot of wear and tear.

#21545 2 years ago

Game looks cool, love the bridge & ramps, MechaGodzilla.. art isn't bad, dissapointed not Authentic to the original, doesn't match the period, trailer or the hype but OK, I'm a Zombie Yeti fan and love his work. Really blaring though which I don't understand and how it could get through to final critic and not be swapped out? The green Godzilla figure! That's gotta be the Fugliest thing I've ever seen! Nothing like the original or the art, not realisitic and kills the vibe if there was any. MechaGodzilla at least is a much better homage and looks great. Ok, so this & -not- coating the coin door? C'mon, looks like it was thrown on there and someone asked to saved costs? I mean, did they say the black matches the display? Nothng else is black, what were they looking at? Very excited and in for an Ultraman, Spooky definitely nailed the Japanese vibe better and I prefer the art too but if I do choose to own this in the future? First thing I'd do is change Godzilla out.. Just about ANY other Godzilla figure would look more realistic in the upper left.. and simply send the coin door off to the powder coater immediately! But annoying and chintzy that they didn't do this at the asking price.

#21546 2 years ago

Ok so everything in the game rotates, spins, grabs, or drops except Godzilla in the upper left corner right?

Excellent!

#21547 2 years ago

The price increase counts me out this time

Too bad because this really is the first new Stern I’ve ever seen that enticed me to purchase

#21548 2 years ago
200.gif200.gif
#21549 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Godzilla premium looks like the answer to me, but at $9k I won’t be rushing to get one. The game looks very interesting but this one definitely needs to flipped to get a feel for. We don’t know what shape the rules are, but Elwin releases completed games that only require polishing and no turds allowed. I’ll be waiting a year or two before buying and will have many chances to play on location. Halloween should be delivered next Summer so Godzilla premium purchase between Fall of 2022 and 2023.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern, you messed up on the number of LE’s offered, again. This will lead to a market for flipping pins at $1k-$3k over msrp. Stern should have offered more LE’s, and while 1,250 was a safe bet, 1,500 would have been just right. LE’s being available for purchase from today until whenever. The extra units were needed to satisfy the surge in demand. Stern left 500 LE’s on the table. I’d have bought one as would some other people up to the 500 limit.

#21550 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Man. I’d love to put a premium on location but 9k plays before I make a dollar is a lot of wear and tear.

I was thinking about that...how could anyone wait that long for a return on investment, just crazy. I might have to go to a Stern Party to play one if no one else puts one on location either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 431 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/431 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.