Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 428 of 938.
#21351 2 years ago

Falling or sinking buildings would be epic. Shaker motor or subwoofer as standard equipment seems like a must-have.

#21352 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:This! Please bring the dmd back. Animations on a dmd are warmer and more entertaining that a cold cheap lcd animations in modern games.
Dmd has personality and it is an art!

I agree the DMD added something, but I probably feel that way because I grew up staring at them.

#21353 2 years ago

Anyone know when LEs are available through the Stern store? How many Mando LEs were offered this way?

#21354 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I agree the DMD added something, but I probably feel that way because I grew up staring at them.

It is harder to make a good dmd than it is to make a cheap animation on a small lcd.

#21356 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is GZ revealed tomorrow?

Hopefully

#21357 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Ming
[quoted image]

YESSSSS!!!!! Gimme that Queen soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!

#21358 2 years ago

Is GZ revealed tomorrow?

Dealer meeting at 9am eastern, reveal SHOULD be soon after

#21359 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I had that Godzilla! I hope the "killer mech" is more impressive than the "fire" he breathed. Do his fists shoot off, or am I just misremembering that because everything's fists shot off back then?

Right fist shoots!

#21360 2 years ago

The reveal will be right after the distro presentation. They don’t want leaked pics from that meeting being the first thing we see.

#21361 2 years ago

They are promoting this all over TV... don’t you folks know ..Tomorrow is the reveal...
”California SCREAMING”

E6AFDC87-28BF-4C08-A760-D4E896A539AE.gifE6AFDC87-28BF-4C08-A760-D4E896A539AE.gif

#21362 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Falling or sinking buildings would be epic. Shaker motor or subwoofer as standard equipment seems like a must-have

Never going to happen , hundreds of dollars for the modders to get it in your game

#21363 2 years ago

Damn those prices on Godzilla are nuts ! They have to be setting up for sale of the company ! Loading the asset side of the sheet with back orders and taking out a huge chunk of pro buyers .. crazy and not what you do if you're in for the long haul!

#21364 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Damn those prices on Godzilla are nuts ! They have to be setting up for sale of the company ! Loading the asset side of the sheet with back orders and taking out a huge chunk of pro buyers .. crazy and not what you do if you're in for the long haul!

They are still the most affordable out there, among a long list of other "mosts".... Customer service, reliability, etc. etc... Why would you think that this price range is bad for Stern but "OK" for everyone else making machines?

#21365 2 years ago

That.Was.Not.His.Point.

#21366 2 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

They are still the most affordable out there, among a long list of other "mosts".... Customer service, reliability, etc. etc... Why would you think that this price range is bad for Stern but "OK" for everyone else making machines?

Wich is the most affordable Space Flight right now?

#21367 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

That.Was.Not.His.Point.

I. got. his. "point"..... People have been pontificating about Gary selling the company for years. Please explain to me how "Loading the asset side of the sheet with back orders and taking out a huge chunk of pro buyers;" equates to, "buy my business because it is awesome?" For one, backorders are not "assets". The other side of the coin, eliminating "pro buyers", which I take to mean lower income buyers and operators in this context, how does that increase a company's value? So bottom tier quantity sales are now frowned upon?

#21368 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wich is the most affordable Space Flight right now?

I see what you did there! Really though, an increase that equates to a few hundred dollars in reality is a game changer? I agree, it sucks..... But go try to buy an AFM of MM used for less than what they are asking.

#21369 2 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

I. got. his. "point"..... People have been pontificating about Gary selling the company for years. Please explain to me how "Loading the asset side of the sheet with back orders and taking out a huge chunk of pro buyers;" equates to, "buy my business because it is awesome?" For one, backorders are not "assets". The other side of the coin, eliminating "pro buyers", which I take to mean lower income buyers and operators in this context, how does that increase a company's value? So bottom tier quantity sales are now frowned upon?

Gary is never going to sell his child. He’s in it like his father was, always.

#21370 2 years ago

what are the prices?

#21371 2 years ago

This! Please bring the dmd back. Animations on a dmd are warmer and more entertaining that a cold cheap lcd animations in modern games.

OMGodzilla

#21372 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Who wouldn’t want to play pinball and look at a spaceship with tits… [quoted image]

I knew that spaceship reminded me of something and it wasn't tits

IMG_20210914_202104 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_202104 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_202210 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_202210 (resized).jpg
#21373 2 years ago

This! Please bring the dmd back. Animations on a dmd are warmer and more entertaining that a cold cheap lcd animations in modern games.

I'm a big fan of score reels as well...I find them charming. I hope Stern includes them on their next game.

#21374 2 years ago

Prices?

#21375 2 years ago

If the LE comes out at over 10500 they can keep it.

#21376 2 years ago

They haven't officially announced them but Kaneda said...

pro $6999
premium $8999
LE $10500

#21377 2 years ago

and thats for all NIB games from here out? so if i wanted a JP premium from a dealer it would be 9k?

#21378 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

and thats for all NIB games from here out? so if i wanted a JP premium from a dealer it would be 9k?

Maybe call a distributor and find that out if it's revealed today, don't know for sure.

#21379 2 years ago

Yes and depending on which dealer you go with, yes.

#21380 2 years ago

They are definitely testing the elasticity of demand

#21381 2 years ago

They are definitely testing the elasticity of demand

Who Stern or pinside marketplace ? Let’s not forget the pinside marketplace flooding GDZLE at presumably :

$13,125 - $13,650. 25-30% increase over MSRP.

#21382 2 years ago

The only LE or CE that was worth flipping was GnR. The stern le has not flipped well. Mando, LZ, TMNT, EV.

#21383 2 years ago

You might see one or two go that high

#21384 2 years ago

There are not 500 gz le s on pinside to substantiate that price.

#21385 2 years ago

I feel like this is going the same route as sports cards in the early 90s.

#21386 2 years ago

I mean Im excited for GZ but wtf. Prove me wrong on any of my comments.

#21387 2 years ago

There are not 500 gz le s on pinside to substantiate that price.

Supply and demand. Right now they simply can’t keep up with demand. This game has one of the best designers paired with one of the best artists. If they come out with 800 GZLE of them or 1000 GZLE that number isn’t huge unlike JJP LE GNR of a laughable 5000 “Limited Editions”. I’m not a huge Godzilla fan per say awaiting its release to see what the game looks and plays like. Unfortunately these will be sold out on day one creating price increase on the secondary market. And I hate to admit it but If a theme I’m really into comes out and I can’t get it direct from a vendor at a reasonable price I’m willing to pay the “flip” price reluctantly so but willing to pay the extra to get a theme or a game I must own.

#21388 2 years ago

I agree that stern LEs are bad for flipping. Especially after a price increase and there being 33% more GZs than Mando.

#21389 2 years ago

This is way more complicated than supply and demand. This is market sustainability. Again look at the sports cards from the early 90s. Although I learned in my MBA class that was intentional to drop the stock price for a buyout. We ll see.

#21390 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

If they come out with 800 GZLE of them or 1000 GZLE that number isn’t huge unlike JJP LE GNR of a laughable 5000 “Limited Editions”. I’m not a huge Godzilla fan per say awaiting its release to see what the game looks and plays like. Unfortunately these will be sold out on day one creating price increase on the secondary market. And I hate to admit it but If a theme I’m really into comes out and I can’t get it direct from a vendor at a reasonable price I’m willing to pay the “flip” price reluctantly so but willing to pay the extra to get a theme or a game I must own.

Compare Apples to Apples , GNR ce have 500 units and if you say Godzilla le have 800 - 1000 units , there you go .
GNR le comes with invisi glass , shaker motor and a real knocker and is limited , what does the Stern premium come with .

#21391 2 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Dis Stern pay for the rights to this song to be in the game?

Ironically the first thing I thought of hearing the theme. Simon Says better be in the game somewhere.

#21392 2 years ago
Quoted from blairan213:

Factor in manufacturing capacity. If you are maxed out on supply but there is still demand for more than you can produce, raising prices is a way to increase profit by decreasing demand.

#21393 2 years ago

There’s alot of hype around this. Plus a white hot market. Plus getting an LE may be your only chance of getting any flavor of the game until early next year.

But with 1000 LE’s plus the price increase Stern may have finally taken all the margin for themselves.

And why shouldn’t they?

#21394 2 years ago

Whats with all the stern fanboys wanting them to make more money? Or do you have stake in the game?

#21395 2 years ago
godzilla.gifgodzilla.gif
#21396 2 years ago

Whats with all the stern fanboys wanting them to make more money? Or do you have stake in the game?

I hope they make so much money they can start making games out of 24k gold.

#21397 2 years ago

Also rumors of the new title, Godzilla, getting the new prices out the gate but remaining titles not until 1/1 2022.
We just have to wait and see.

#21398 2 years ago

I hope they run a successful business that will grow and continue to produce great games. Increasing prices when costs and demand increases is just simple business sense. More fun pinball in the future is my stake in the game I guess

#21399 2 years ago

Definitely not a fanboy here. Just a realist.

As they say, make hay while the sun shines.

#21400 2 years ago

I’m no fanboy (only Stern I own is a Trident) but I do want them to be a successful healthy business. Stern weathered the storm during the worst times for pinball. They have been good stewards, carried the torch, all that, even when Gary could have just moved his money elsewhere and done better. Stern certainly deserves to benefit from what pinball is today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Muskegon, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 428 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/428 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.