Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 938.
#21301 2 years ago

Imagine not just a Godzilla mech, but buildings that independently raise/lower. You could have them sink as they're destroyed, use them like mega drop targets, even move them as Godzilla rises to give some parallax. That's my best guess at what they would do, maybe its too theatrical and not involved enough in gameplay to justify 4+ motors for building mechs too though

#21302 2 years ago
Quoted from frisco_melt:

Imagine not just a Godzilla mech, but buildings that independently raise/lower. You could have them sink as they're destroyed, use them like mega drop targets, even move them as Godzilla rises to give some parallax. That's my best guess at what they would do, maybe its too theatrical and not involved enough in gameplay to justify 4+ motors for building mechs too though

That would be a cool idea! Maybe something similar to the Dr.Who Mech

#21303 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

I love how some joyless dweeb down voted that.

Sad Keanu is now even more sad.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21304 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I must admit to having a case of FOMO for every title beginning with Munsters. Turns out it was unfounded, as none of them ultimately appealed to me.

I have had fomo on every title since turtles. I now just wait till the jack danger gameplay and by then my fomo has gone and I can think clearly lol. I am also new to buying pins so every new title just gets me all fired up haha.

#21305 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

I love how some joyless dweeb down voted that.

I had that Godzilla vs Barkley poster on the wall in my room when I was a kid. It is classic! If I was able to snag an LE I’d want #34

7B8C0CC2-AB42-4FD7-BB2C-D8E60EBD0906 (resized).jpeg7B8C0CC2-AB42-4FD7-BB2C-D8E60EBD0906 (resized).jpeg
#21306 2 years ago

That fact that Godzilla vs Barkley may make me want to do a Hard Pass .. lol

#21307 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Word is that the assets on the screen will be very much like JP, in that they didn't pay a bunch of licensing for clips and video. It'll be animated in house. And that decision was made to put max BOM on the playfield. Rumor of lots of metal, ala AIQ, and a killer mech.

If that's true , it's a total miss in my book .
Why the hell would you get the Toho Godzilla licence if you can't see the campy old footage of him stomping around smashing up buildings .
They could do Star Wars with a hyperloop , exploding Death Star with lasers , LCD screen , drop targets , Millennium Falcon and a Tie Fighter on a spring

#21308 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why the hell would you get the Toho Godzilla licence if you can't see the campy old footage of him stomping around smashing up buildings .
They could do Star Wars with a hyperloop , exploding Death Star with lasers , LCD screen , drop targets , Millennium Falcon and a Tie Fighter on a spring

I'm hopeful that they've put some good imagination into it. I could envision something similar to Attack From Mars. Godzilla could attack major cities throughout the World, or better yet, fight various other monsters to save those cities. Someone mentioned Shin Godzilla in this thread, that's an interesting movie. They could do something like that as well.

#21309 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm hopeful that they've put some good imagination into it. I could envision something similar to Attack From Mars. Godzilla could attack major cities throughout the World, or better yet, fight various other monsters to save those cities. Someone mentioned Shin Godzilla in this thread, that's an interesting movie. They could do something like that as well.

The old Godzilla movies aren't in the same category as the Jurassic Park movies and they're meant to have extra money for the BOM . So why can't you have cool mechs like Jurassic Park and the videos .

#21310 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Word is that the assets on the screen will be very much like JP, in that they didn't pay a bunch of licensing for clips and video.

A7C27E12-8D50-4D03-BB59-75051E12F158.gifA7C27E12-8D50-4D03-BB59-75051E12F158.gif
#21311 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ff76c8727e534a4d065bd9d9612ff2e7b38e9e96-1631568272-1800"};
//]]>

Kaneda posted this on his Facebook an hour ago usually he’s pretty spot on with this stuff...

C9E9A160-D7C3-43FA-BFD6-F07119AE20BA (resized).jpegC9E9A160-D7C3-43FA-BFD6-F07119AE20BA (resized).jpeg
#21312 2 years ago

It better have the actual movie clips in it. Getting real tired of Stern’s “interpretation” of themes. If you’re licensing the theme then use the original source material that made us love the theme to begin with. It doesn’t have to be solely source material, but come on.

#21313 2 years ago

I don't mind original animation/video if done well. Deadpool video assets are fantastic. AIQ videos on the other hand feel soulless, and TMNT... those turtles look like they could be from Five Nights at Freddy's.

#21314 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

It better have the actual movie clips in it. Getting real tired of Stern’s “interpretation” of themes. If you’re licensing the theme then use the original source material that made us love the theme to begin with. It doesn’t have to be solely source material, but come on.

You Sir, are much better suited for the non-Elwin titles then. The ones where they spend a larger portion of bom on the licence. Like Led Zeppelin.

#21315 2 years ago

"Has Movie Clips" From what Movie? Era?

With LCDs now seems like Movie clips are going be there. Or can be added later ..

#21316 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

With LCDs now seems like Movie clips are going be there. Or can be added later ..

I hope Showa era.

#21317 2 years ago

I hope this theme song will be in the game. Absolutly epic!

#21318 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I hope Showa era.

They already announced the game is Toho era.

#21319 2 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

I hope this theme song will be in the game. Absolutly epic!

Would definitely get annoying very quickly...

#21320 2 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

The eras are named for the Emporor at the time. The old ones are Showa, followed by Heisei, and Reiwa. Toho is the name of the company that makes Godzilla.

#21321 2 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

The Toho films are broken into 4 eras. Showa was first.

#21322 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The Toho films are broken into 4 eras. Showa was first.

Showa, Heisei, Reiwa. What is the one I am missing?

#21323 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Millennium

#21324 2 years ago

Us Godzilla nerds are out in force!

#21325 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Ming

IMG_20210914_082705 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_082705 (resized).jpg
#21326 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Kaneda posted this on his Facebook an hour ago usually he’s pretty spot on with this stuff...[quoted image]

There‘s even a movie clip in the teaser (in addition to the rendered buildings) so I didn‘t expect something else.

#21327 2 years ago

Picked up Life Magazine's expose on Godzilla. Quite the fascinating read.

Godzill Life (resized).jpgGodzill Life (resized).jpg
#21328 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

If they use clips from the films I wonder which style they will go with. Godzilla's looks and size have evolved quite a bit over the years, even within the Toho films.

kju7a5dzbr731 (resized).jpgkju7a5dzbr731 (resized).jpg
#21329 2 years ago

I would love to see them use Heisei stuff, but I suspect it will be early Showa.

#21330 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I don't mind original animation/video if done well. Deadpool video assets are fantastic. AIQ videos on the other hand feel soulless, and TMNT... those turtles look like they could be from Five Nights at Freddy's.

This. Stern's animation is garbage. Spooky too. On the other hand, their 2010s dot work was fantastic. ColorDMD > most Stern LCD.

#21331 2 years ago

That's the one that did it officer.

Inked69ba2ff6ea8fe599f1f2f0092f2a9cf3a822def0_LI (resized).jpgInked69ba2ff6ea8fe599f1f2f0092f2a9cf3a822def0_LI (resized).jpg
#21332 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Ming
[quoted image]

Hahahahahhahahhah

#21333 2 years ago

Distributor texted me so it’s definitely launching tomorrow. In for le but no price yet.

#21334 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Distributor texted me so it’s definitely launching tomorrow. In for le but no price yet.

Yeah, me too. Godzilla and Pulp Fiction are the only themes I could imagine would make me commit to a price I don’t know and a machine I haven’t seen. But dammit, I’m pot committed now. Hearing somewhere between $9,995 and $10,995.

Distros get the info tomorrow and then it’s off to the races. This is going to be a bloodbath.

#21335 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Dude is spot on. It's supposed to be amazing with Elwin and a rumored killer Mech.

I think this machine is going to be packed with toys/features to offset the bad buzz of the price increase (is it confirmed at $1000?).

I also think this price increase was planned for awhile to hit with Elwin's next game and throws some doubt that the price increase is just based on materials increases.

#21336 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Same. I still have this in my game room. Loved Godzilla as a kid. I remember a cartoon with Godzookie(sp?) too, but I just don't have that connection. Apparently they're not using show clips either.[quoted image]

Oh my gosh. I had that exact toy in the 70s. Loved playing with that robot which I can't remember the name. I had the exact version with the missile launchers. Those shot far for a toy. Such an awesome time to be a kid.

#21337 2 years ago

I’d almost guarantee this pin will encompass the entire Showa era, my preference is leaning towards mid to late showa (65-75’) Those are my favorite.

6E281536-6B50-437B-B48C-16915228EC44 (resized).jpeg6E281536-6B50-437B-B48C-16915228EC44 (resized).jpeg
#21338 2 years ago

Sneak peek of pf toy:
C4B048E6-C2CD-4E06-B026-D62230E4F651.jpegC4B048E6-C2CD-4E06-B026-D62230E4F651.jpeg

WITH STANDING STILL ACTION!

#21339 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’d almost guarantee this pin will encompass the entire Showa era, my preference is leaning towards mid to late showa (65-75’) Those are my favorite.[quoted image]

Me too

#21340 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Would definitely get annoying very quickly...

Your comment has gotten annoying very quickly. The theme song is epic and must be in there.

#21341 2 years ago

Havoc on a major city, a Shaker & Sinking Buildings into the playfield sweet.... EARTHSHAKER! is gonna be pissed.

#21342 2 years ago

I wonder if they will have a random Godzilla scream/roar like the one in Ghostbusters

#21343 2 years ago

I keep imagining a Godzilla tail flipper (see shark flipper) attached to a Godzilla mech that has a “bridge” ramp…and Godzilla can knock the ball off with one hand or pick it up with a magnet in the other hand and “throw it” into the pops or a vuk…or Godzilla can move the “bridge” ramp and divert the ball. Too excited to sleep. I would love it if they could have in-line “building” drop targets!

#21344 2 years ago

Anyone know how many LEs they will be offering?

#21345 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Not enough.

#21346 2 years ago

Sounds like 750-1000, anything over a 1000 doesn’t feel like a LE to me.

#21347 2 years ago

The hint a while back suggested 800.

#21348 2 years ago

Did Stern pay for the rights to this song to be in the game?

#21349 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

This. Stern's animation is garbage. Spooky too. On the other hand, their 2010s dot work was fantastic. ColorDMD > most Stern LCD.

This! Please bring the dmd back. Animations on a dmd are warmer and more entertaining that a cold cheap lcd animations in modern games.
Dmd has personality and it is an art!

#21350 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

This! Please bring the dmd back. Animations on a dmd are warmer and more entertaining that a cold cheap lcd animations in modern games.
Dmd has personality and it is an art!

Please,,,, no!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/427?hl=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.