Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 938.
#2001 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Percentages are fantastic for managing reality. If I sell 1 item year one, and 2 items year two, I've had an 100% increase in just one year! That's way more impressive-sounding than saying I sold two items in a year.
Certain terms are also useful for managing perception. "Revenue" doesn't necessarily mean pinball sales alone.
That's fluff-talk, also known as glittering generalities. Salesman talk. Pay it little mind. They have no responsibility to the public to be honest about their financials as they're not a public company.

You don’t have to believe the 40%/30% revenue increase numbers at all, as you say Stern has no duty to communicate any of that. But if they are true it’s hard to believe they achieved that while selling fewer total games each year. $400 toppers and $30 t-shirts are not likely to account for a 30% revenue increase when your main business is selling $5-8k pinball machines. Mathematically possible, sure, but plausible? Not really.

#2002 6 years ago

So Gomez was hinting at a LOTR vault with LCD screen at TPF? Can anyone comment further on this?

#2003 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

So Gomez was hinting at a LOTR vault with LCD screen at TPF? Can anyone comment further on this?

Question from the audience was: Could future vaults possible have a release with an lcd instead of dmd.
Answer was: "take for example a LOTR vault -like some of you would like-, it would be too difficult to link lcd animations/vids to the existing software"..

That's the only thing that was said, nothing more.

#2004 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Question from the audience was: Could future vaults possible have a release with an lcd instead of dmd.
Answer was: "take for example a LOTR vault -like some of you would like-, it would be too difficult to link lcd animations/vids to the existing software"..

chance1 (resized).jpgchance1 (resized).jpg

#2005 6 years ago

He said it would be difficult to do, not a quick and easy port, and it would be more than just a “Vault” if they did something like that. Translation: it would be like Batman ‘66.

#2006 6 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The rumor I have heard is that there will be no Elvira 3 from Stern

Wrong. Playfield is done. Just not code yet. Per stern at tpf

#2007 6 years ago

That is VERY HELPFUL and exactly what I was looking for.
THANK YOU.

#2008 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Uhh... no.
Stern shared some info, finally.

And it was one of the most meaningless measures they could have shared. There's a lot of room of obfuscation in there. That's all.

#2009 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Wrong. Playfield is done. Just not code yet. Per stern at tpf

Pshhh... when has “no code” stopped Stern before?

#2010 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Percentages are fantastic for managing reality. If I sell 1 item year one, and 2 items year two, I've had an 100% increase in just one year!

Banker thinking: Buying at 100 losing 90%, staying at 10. Then making 100% plus staying at 20. You made 10% plus. Everything is OK.

#2011 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

LOL. I know....

#2012 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

When he said “no code” he probably really meant no damn code at all.

#2013 6 years ago

11 coders at Stern,
What are they doing ?
Still trying to figure out SPIKE ?

Mg (resized).jpgMg (resized).jpg

#2014 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And it was one of the most meaningless measures they could have shared. There's a lot of room of obfuscation in there. That's all.

Uh, wrong again.
When sales are stated to be up year over year, they are not decreasing "due to poor quality" as you stated.

You never did get back to us on how you came up with your findings.

#2015 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Uh, wrong again.
When sales are stated to be up year over year, they are not decreasing "due to poor quality" as you stated.

so that would mean Stern lowered quality and their revenue increased. Looking forward to further lowering of quality, coupled with greater years ahead for Stern.

#2016 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Uh, wrong again.

He didn't say "sales" were up. He said REVENUE was up, right? They're not the same thing. If you don't understand THAT, well...this is already a meaningless exercise, anyway, so it doesn't matter.

#2017 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He didn't say "sales" were up. He said REVENUE was up, right? They're not the same thing. If you don't understand THAT, well...this is already a meaningless exercise, anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Revenue was up something like 40%, followed by 30% if I’m not mistaken. Highly unlikely any sales decreased since prices didn’t escalate that much, that fast.

Is that better?

You come in to a Stern thread, making a statement of how “you just know...” that Stern sales are dropping AND that it’s due to their poor quality goods.

Can you please provide an OUNCE of anything useful, backing up your claim?

Cause right now, you’re just some bitter guy on Pinside, spoutin off about how we can’t trust what Stern says.
But somehow your information is accurate?

#2018 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Revenue was up something like 40%, followed by 30% if I’m not mistaken. Highly unlikely any sales decreased since prices didn’t escalate that much, that fast.
Is that better?
You come in to a Stern thread, making a statement of how “you just know...” that Stern sales are dropping AND that it’s due to their poor quality goods.
Cause right now, you’re just some bitter guy on Pinside, spoutin off about how we can’t trust what Stern says.

Don't feed the troll. Vireland has a bad habit of stating his opinion as fact and, as far as I can tell, doesn't (or can't) corroborate most of what he says. He still is mad at Stern because he didn't do his homework, so Stern can obviously do nothing right.

#2019 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

11 coders at Stern,
What are they doing ?
Still trying to figure out SPIKE ?

Eyes wide open?!

#2020 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Is that better?

My information is exactly as accurate as the "revenue" numbers you're positing are somehow an indication of sales in your mind. You don't understand that the terms are NOT interchangeable, clearly. This is an exercise in futility. You can prove nothing, and I can prove nothing. You have worthless percentages that seem to make you feel good, and I have my "feeling". Neither is proof of anything in the real world. There's no use even debating it. The end.

#2021 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My information is exactly as accurate as the "revenue" numbers you're positing are somehow an indication of sales in your mind. You don't understand that the terms are NOT interchangeable, clearly. This is an exercise in futility. You can prove nothing, and I can prove nothing. You have worthless percentages that seem to make you feel good, and I have my "feeling". Neither is proof of anything in the real world. There's no use even debating it. The end.

Revenue is a DIRECT result of sales. Number of units sold x average sale price = sales revenue.

#2022 6 years ago

You guys probably need a time out. Go sit in your corners for a bit, thx

#2023 6 years ago

Anyway - after that lesson? on sales, revenue and P & L - can we get back on the thread topic

I think the Gomez vault comment is interesting. He saying that games that are DMD will NOT BE MADE into LCD due to the challenge in coding. OR is he just saying that it is challenging to go from DMD to LCD but POSSIBLE.

I know that LOTR and TRON are probably the most requested vaults, and I expected them to be DMD vaults. However, the LCD's would be a real treat to get on those vaults.

#2024 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Revenue is a DIRECT result of sales. Number of units sold x average sale price = sales revenue.

Clearly YOU don't understand all the things revenue can encompass, either. Revenue INCLUDES SALES, but is often not completely composed of sales. The terms are NOT interchangeable.

Quoted from EricHadley:

You guys probably need a time out. Go sit in your corners for a bit, thx

I'm TRYING to be done with this. It isn't worth continued conversation.

#2025 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Clearly YOU don't understand all the things revenue can encompass, either. Revenue INCLUDES SALES, but is often not completely composed of sales. The terms are NOT interchangeable.

I'm TRYING to be done with this. It isn't worth continued conversation.

Corner! Now!

#2026 6 years ago

Stern will be announcing the new game at the Stern Pro Circuit Finals
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156362080184244/

#2027 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Stern will be announcing the new game at the Stern Pro Circuit Finals
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156362080184244/

I saw that. Seems odd that they didn't just announce it at TPF.

#2028 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Probably a licensing issue. Something wasn't approved by TPF and they had to wait. I'm sure they would have preferred to have it at TPF.

#2029 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I get it. They are trying to build buzz around their own event. Yes, TPF would have greater exposure but they also know that the people who were at TPF will find out about it either way. This forces people to pay attention somewhere else.

I should add that even though I get it, I still would have done it at TPF.

#2030 6 years ago

Marketing 101... don’t share the stage when you can have it all to yourself.

EDIT: original reference to CES was invalid... Oops.

#2031 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Marketing 101... don’t share the stage when you can have it all to yourself. Apple did the same with CES a few years ago and has never released there since. I suspect Stern will do the same more often now that they have the Stern Pro Circuit.

I can't think of any time during the modern era where Apple has been at CES.

#2032 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I can't think of any time during the modern era where Apple has been at CES.

You are absolutely correct and I should have said Macworld.

#2033 6 years ago

It will be soon!!

#2034 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It will be soon!!

Real soon !

#2035 6 years ago

It’s official!!

F28DB107-6A72-4DCE-BF36-E23BA5CB9BFF.pngF28DB107-6A72-4DCE-BF36-E23BA5CB9BFF.png

#2036 6 years ago

Pics???

#2037 6 years ago

#2038 6 years ago

Not sure about pics.

#2039 6 years ago

WOOOOOOOOO!!!

#2040 6 years ago

Pfft. This is Stern. There are no pics of the game they're teasing in the teaser.

#2041 6 years ago

Hat's off for all the hype beforehand, well done Stern. I welcome ANY new music pin, good luck fans.

#2042 6 years ago

Iron Maiden - teaser video

#2043 6 years ago

Take note: hire drunk guy to make big announcement
Check

#2044 6 years ago

A rippled, chipping clear coat, year’s away finished coded, high priced piece of......
That’s the next Stern.

#2045 6 years ago

My money is going to Spooky. But to each his own.

#2046 6 years ago

We will see if it is close to Archer..

B709EA5E-3910-4D55-9C92-6AE64E047DC0.jpegB709EA5E-3910-4D55-9C92-6AE64E047DC0.jpeg

#2047 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

My money is going to Spooky. But to each his own.

Thanks for sharing!

#2048 6 years ago

“Legacy of the Beast” is apparently a video game as well, so maybe there’s some shared artwork/concepts there.

http://ironmaidenlegacy.com

#2049 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

“Legacy of the Beast” is apparently a video game as well, so maybe there’s some shared artwork/concepts there.

Apparently that game came out about a year ago. So apparently they started working on the pinball machine at that time as well?

#2050 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

News to me..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/41?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.