Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 418 of 935.
#20851 2 years ago

Where’s my Spaceballs pin?

#20852 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern code names in order by machine:
Elvira HoH - Curves
Game of Thrones - Politico
Ghostbusters - Harold
Godzilla - Oops
Guardians of the Galaxy - Furry Hats

Godzilla’s code name is the same as my first child. What a Coinkydink.

#20853 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I pity the fools

I'm gunna beat ya like I did last time!

#20854 2 years ago

#20855 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thinking the same 3 tier system is identical, except the names used. They do actually compare.

They don't compare at all.

Spooky machine levels ALL share Playfields with identical features.

Play a Stern LZ Pro. Those buyers were lucky Stern left a spinner in there for them.

#20856 2 years ago

Your correct!!! I did not!

#20857 2 years ago

I did! I saw two nice Godzillas right away.

#20858 2 years ago

Isn’t James Bond the only title not released yet from Mnpinball’s prediction list he posted last year?

I’d love a Godzilla pin but have my doubts it will be as awesome as many here hope it will be.
Here’s my topper if it is released.

Is anyone else hoping for Stern to release a turd sometime in the next year to put all the “ordered a LE before it was even announced and flipping it for a huge profit” scalpers to realize its not guaranteed profit to order and flip machines that they have no interest in even owning?

Levi will love this but it’s like concert tickets. Ticket-gument. Long ago you could wait in line and get good seats. Those days are long gone because the scalpers buy and markup almost all the really desirable seats.then the performers got wise and started selling the good seats at crazy markups because they saw how much the scalpers were making. The cost just kept climbing and climbing.

45A8BC6D-8494-404A-9B2F-CBE43CEC14B0 (resized).jpeg45A8BC6D-8494-404A-9B2F-CBE43CEC14B0 (resized).jpeg
#20859 2 years ago

If that's the teaser for the big reveal count me in !

#20860 2 years ago

No announcement today ive heard but next week

#20861 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris voice when I read your comments..

I laughed so hard at these two comments!

#20862 2 years ago

I don't know who needs to hear this, but I have been buying and trading and flipping machines since 2004/05, and the conversations have literally never changed. The prices of NIB Sterns and secondary market prices have been lamented and debated and cursed and lambasted for 20 years. Anyone around in the hobby back then will remember the constant insistence that JUDGE DREDD IS NOT A $1000 MACHINE!!. TAF hit $3500 and everyone was going to quit the hobby. LOTR LE NIB price was the apocalypse. TAF hit $5000 and the sky was falling. AC/DC LE NIB and secondary prices was the bubble that would end it all. TZ IS NOT A $6,000 GAME!!!! JJP took preorders for WOZ and the price was enough to send everyone out of the hobby forever. Avengers proved that the NIB LE buyers were submarined forever and would end the "buy before you play" practice. MM hit $10K then $12K and nobody would ever be able to afford this hobby anymore. Stern raised prices to be competitive with JJP and it would send Gary to the soup line...

It's the same conversation year after year after year. But I'll tell you that this hobby and this place are more chock full of buyers and players and people in the hobby than anytime in the 20 year history I have in it. the only difference is that the barn finds are found and the great deals on slightly broken machines are bought and repaired.

#20863 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but I have been buying and trading and flipping machines since 2004/05, and the conversations have literally never changed. The prices of NIB Sterns and secondary market prices have been lamented and debated and cursed and lambasted for 20 years. Anyone around in the hobby back then will remember the constant insistence that JUDGE DREDD IS NOT A $1000 MACHINE!!. TAF hit $3500 and everyone was going to quit the hobby. LOTR LE NIB price was the apocalypse. TAF hit $5000 and the sky was falling. AC/DC LE NIB and secondary prices was the bubble that would end it all. TZ IS NOT A $6,000 GAME!!!! JJP took preorders for WOZ and the price was enough to send everyone out of the hobby forever. Avengers proved that the NIB LE buyers were submarined forever and would end the "buy before you play" practice. MM hit $10K then $12K and nobody would ever be able to afford this hobby anymore. Stern raised prices to be competitive with JJP and it would send Gary to the soup line...
It's the same conversation year after year after year. But I'll tell you that this hobby and this place are more chock full of buyers and players and people in the hobby than anytime in the 20 year history I have in it. the only difference is that the barn finds are found and the great deals on slightly broken machines are bought and repaired.

Yeah, but this time we mean it!

(right after I buy my two NIBs this year)

#20864 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This right here.

People look at the bottom line when buying a NIB, but as long as there is a secondary market that's maintained steady value as it has been, I will always be able to buy NIB without feeling like it's a sunken cost.

#20865 2 years ago

And when the market won’t sustain the prices (because people stop buying at them)… it will adjust - both on used and new machines. This stuff never changes (including the outrage from buyers.)

#20866 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I always compare pinball to classic cars. They keep going up and people keep buying them. It doesn't need to be an old car anymore. Just like LE or a CE, if a car manufacturer announces a limited run of a desired car, you have tons of buyers plopping down deposits instantly. It's been 40 years of waiting for that bubble to burst.

#20867 2 years ago

Bottom line is play your machines ,change coil sleeves ,rubbers,balls right when you notice it’s needed .Clean often and wax every so often and you’ll never lose a dime unless your dumping the game too soon .Condition is King so they say .

#20868 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Well said.

This reminds me of that Woody Allen joke. One lady says “this food is terrible” and her friend says “yes, and they give you such small portions”

#20869 2 years ago

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/barenaked-ladies-geddy-lee-secret-project

Could it be a super secret Stern Rush Pinball project? Probably music.

#20870 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/barenaked-ladies-geddy-lee-secret-project

That's funny. Of course it has to be Ed and super secret Rush collaboration in a pinball thread while everyone's anticipating a new stern release. This is the perfect rumor cause it could theoretically be a possibility considering his love of pinball.
Nicely done!
r/
Mike

#20871 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

This is GREAT news regardless.

The article mentions them being in the recording studio, so yeah, probably music, but Ed is a HUGE pinhead so you KNOW even though this secret project isn't pinball the subject WILL come up!!! Geddy working with Ed can only help our chances at a Rush pinball actually being made, and if Ed is involved (you know he would want to be!) it would help ensure they do the band justice and make a great game.

#20872 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Yeah, but this time we mean it!
(right after I buy my two NIBs this year)

Or possibly 3 nib...

#20873 2 years ago

I would love a Barenaked Ladies pin......the band too.

#20874 2 years ago

No new news. NNN

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20876 2 years ago

Looks like the teaser trailer for matrix 4 was released today. it would be pretty crazy if Godzilla was really the Matrix and it was delayed as to not get ahead of the trailer.

www.whatisthematrix.com

#20877 2 years ago

Get your own material. Lol

#20878 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Looks like the teaser trailer for matrix 4 was released today. it would be pretty crazy if Godzilla was really the Matrix and it was delayed as to not get ahead of the trailer.
www.whatisthematrix.com

if that happens omg!!!

#20879 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

if that happens omg!!!

I would much rather have Godzilla than the Matrix. If you’re going to use a Keanu Reeves film make it Bill & Ted or John Wick.

#20880 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I would much rather have Godzilla than the Matrix. If you’re going to use a Keanu Reeves film make it Bill & Ted or John Wick.

John Wick would be da bomb

#20881 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

www.whatisthematrix.com

I’d cancel my order if it was the matrix. It was a fun movie and I enjoyed it in 5th grade, but that franchise is very forgettable IMO.

I’m aware the downvotes will come swiftly

#20882 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Sorry, I couldn't remember where I got that picture! LOL!

#20883 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I’d cancel my order if it was the matrix. It was a fun movie and I enjoyed it in 5th grade, but that franchise is very forgettable IMO.

I disagree, so I upvoted you to prove you wrong on both counts

#20884 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

If you’re going to use a Keanu Reeves film make it Bill & Ted or John Wick.

Speed pin would be insta-purchase. Lots of material to use creatively for the pin. Don't drop below 50mph for a hurry-up mechanic is obvious. Great Dennis Hopper callouts from the movie. Etc etc.

#20885 2 years ago

I get it. Matrix 4 will be released in December so that could be in line with when the game would be ready to ship. Wild speculation I know.

Quoted from jdoz2:

#20886 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

That pic can't be posted enough.

#20887 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

the games are tiered differently so cant compare, the jjp le is like a premium stern.

Yeah I understand that they are tiered differently and compare to the Stern Premium. My comment was just my dislike for the actual marketing term "Limited Edition" used for their "mainstream" model with a run of 5000 units. I like "Premium" but to call them LE just seems like a bit of a wank to me.

#20888 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

the only difference is that the barn finds are found ...

Don't they have to be by definition?

#20889 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

That pic can't be posted enough.

I agree!!!

#20890 2 years ago

NNN so pick your favorite #. I will go with Geraldine in the #6 spot.

#20891 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Where’s my Spaceballs pin?

Or blazing saddles!

Can anyone tell me if we'll see another run of Elvira. I want one but it would be cheaper nib.

#20892 2 years ago

Will this Stern Insider $40 thingy actually let us buy the next pin fairly without it being pre sold to all the scalpers on the bro bro list?

#20893 2 years ago

0% chance that a major movie studio would risk information leaking around a blockbuster movie to make a few hundred grand on a pinball machine...

#20894 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

#2 for me.

#20895 2 years ago
Quoted from SafariGordon:

Will this Stern Insider $40 thingy actually let us buy the next pin fairly without it being pre sold to all the scalpers on the bro bro list?

How hard is it to buy a new release these days? Are you referring to LE?

#20896 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

#6 Looks a little tired like she has been playing with balls her whole life. Poor girl. lol

#20898 2 years ago
number 5 (resized).jpgnumber 5 (resized).jpg
#20899 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20900 2 years ago

So how is everyone liking Godzilla?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 46,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 418 of 935.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/418 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.