Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,851 posts in this topic. You are on page 417 of 938.
#20801 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So far from horrible. If you were a true Godzilla fan you wouldn’t say that. Show me one Godzilla movie that was a cinematic masterpiece. It’s about giant monsters kicking the crap out of each other.
They added more fight scenes and less human side stories. I honestly don’t know what you were expecting. These are not Martin Scorsese films for crying out loud.

Also thought Godzilla vs Kong was pretty good. Actually would say one of the better Godzilla moves to date. Not sure what people are expecting from a Godzilla movie?

#20802 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern code names in order by machine:
Star Wars (Changed from Cinnabun) - Donut

Can you confirm Star Wars was changed from Cinnabun to donut? I mentioned this in the Stern code name thread and was told it was never Cinnabun.

#20803 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

My Bad.

After watching it post up your top 3 shocker's and we can compare.

Leonard Nemoy, Johnny Carson, Bob Hope. Have the whole set on DVD, but forgot those folks were in the show. What a great cast of famous people in the show. Everyone wanted to be on Get Smart. Couldn’t wait to watch it every Saturday night. Family favorite and yes, like 99 and 7 of 9 too! So many classic lines in this show, the callout possibilities are endless. “I said the craw, not the craaawww.”

#20804 2 years ago

Good, push godzilla back so my Mando can ship before the price increase. If my agreed price isn't honored I'm canceling. It's bad optics to delay a shipment to coincide with a price bump. On purpose or not.

I could care less about connected updates. It's no trouble to stick a USB drive in and update on my terms. Besides, I love changing Sterns stock audio anyway.

#20805 2 years ago

My Bad.

After watching it post up your top 3 shocker's and we can compare.

Interesting that on the Tom Bosley clip Alice Ghostley isn't called out. She's in the same scene and is more famous than many of the others in that video.

#20806 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Can you confirm Star Wars was changed from Cinnabun to donut? I mentioned this in the Stern code name thread and was told it was never Cinnabun.

It's all word of mouth from Stern employees outward, so there's no code name desk where I can open a trouble ticket to check on it.

Cinnabon certainly makes a LOT more sense than Donut, though.

#20807 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Also thought Godzilla vs Kong was pretty good. Actually would say one of the better Godzilla moves to date. Not sure what people are expecting from a Godzilla movie?

That’s why I’m not expecting much from a Godzilla pin. Give me a theme that has great charters rather then one iconic monster please.

#20808 2 years ago

James Bond Daniel Craig edition. Movie is out this month and would go well.

Hot toys just released BTTF figures today after years of nothing so maybe BTTF pin.

#20809 2 years ago

Another week to find out what LE pin I'm gonna miss out on next. Yay...

#20810 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Hot toys just released BTTF figures today after years of nothing so maybe BTTF pin.

Maybe they are still working out a deal with Eric Stoltz for callouts.

#20811 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Maybe they are still working out a deal with Eric Stoltz for callouts.

Recently watched the BTTF episode of The Movies That Made Us, and I am beyond intrigued by an entire Eric Stoltz alt version of the film. He looked so serious, I can only imagine what it would do to the overall tone.

#20812 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Stallone’s "Rocky" Pinball for me
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0e75fc785190bb5ec11856d18a6bcd791d8e2de9-1631054460-1800"};
//]]>

Give me the Clubber Lang " I'm the baddest man in the world " LE

IMG_20210908_083153 (resized).jpgIMG_20210908_083153 (resized).jpg
#20813 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Clubber, What's your prediction for Stern's price increase?

Pain!!!!

#20814 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Pain!!!!

I pity the fools

#20815 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Leonard Nemoy, Johnny Carson, Bob Hope. Have the whole set on DVD, but forgot those folks were in the show. What a great cast of famous people in the show. Everyone wanted to be on Get Smart. Couldn’t wait to watch it every Saturday night. Family favorite and yes, like 99 and 7 of 9 too! So many classic lines in this show, the callout possibilities are endless. “I said the craw, not the craaawww.”

Wow.....those are my picks...

Missed it buy that much should be on a tshirt.

#20816 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Interesting that on the Tom Bosley clip Alice Ghostley isn't called out. She's in the same scene and is more famous than many of the others in that video.

Good Point.

#20817 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Pain!!!!

HAHAHA.

#20818 2 years ago

Missed it buy that much should be on a tshirt.

ask and you shall receive. Amazon.

Screenshot_20210907-193231_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210907-193231_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#20819 2 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

ask and you shall receive. Amazon.[quoted image]

That's not a t-shirt - missed it by That Much

#20820 2 years ago

Back to the Future is currently trending on my Xfinity. Please let that be foreshadowing!!!

#20821 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's not a t-shirt - missed it by That Much

Yes, you are correct. My error. I researched the link again and it does offer multiple styles and colors.
r/
Mike

Screenshot_20210907-194252_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210907-194252_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210907-194325_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210907-194325_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#20822 2 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Yes, you are correct. My error. I researched the link again and it does offer multiple styles and colors.
r/
Mike[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to be that person , I couldn't help myself

#20823 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Another week to find out what LE pin I'm gonna miss out on next. Yay...

I think there may be a good chance of plenty to go around this time. Stern would be crazy if they did not make at least 1000 LEs.

#20824 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think there may be a good chance of plenty to go around this time. Stern would be crazy if they did not make at least 1000 LEs.

If they make 1000 of them the term ‘Limited Edition’ becomes somewhat of a misnomer.

#20825 2 years ago
c0fcdbfc6f394380fa56fc1b7c4f3fba (resized).jpgc0fcdbfc6f394380fa56fc1b7c4f3fba (resized).jpg
#20826 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

If they make 1000 of them the term ‘Limited Edition’ becomes somewhat of a misnomer.

I hope Stern make enough so everybody that wants a LE gets one. Completely gets rid of flip for profit and will keep used game pricing reasonable. I would not announce how many LEs until I received deposits from everyone and filled their orders. Pinball is pricing itself out of the market and it needs to stop.

#20827 2 years ago

This LE talk is just asinine. You really think people flipping LEs is what is causing all the price increases in pinball? What a joke.

#20828 2 years ago

How about JJP doing 5000 of the GnR LE. What a joke that is!

#20829 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I prefer the "HEY WOMAN! LISTEN HERE!" LE myself.

#20830 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I honestly don’t know either. It’s definitely one of the best Godzilla movies to date.

#20831 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

This LE talk is just asinine. You really think people flipping LEs is what is causing all the price increases in pinball? What a joke.

I guarantee you it is a factor. If stern sees pins going above retail, especially way above for LE’s, so can you honestly say that has no bearing at all on the price increase? Come on, your dreaming of you don’t think that’s part of it

#20832 2 years ago

If Spooky can sell out 750 in minutes, I'm pretty sure 1000 is still limited. Seems like a reasonable number after the highly-flipped Mandalorian. Flippers will start thinking twice, and those who actually want to keep their LE will have a chance.

#20833 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Level-wise, JJP LE is Stern Premium. JJP LEs have high limits, Stern Premiums have no limits (although JJP has been known to make a different color LE and start over if demand is high)

JJP CE is Stern LE/SLE - both truly limited, although Stern did increase the SLE count on BM'66 (from 30 to 80) when the potential money haul became too tempting. JJP has never increased CE counts to my knowledge.

JJP SE is Stern Pro.

So, it tracks fine. Of course, in every case the JJP version is significantly more built out than any Stern. Really a JJP Std is more like a Stern Prem, feature-wise.

#20834 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

CEs were the top of the heap for GNR whereas LEs were more like Stern Premiums. Besides, JJP has demonstrated time and again there’s no such thing as a limited edition run for their pins, how many ‘special’ versions of WOZ did they make?

#20835 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

If Spooky can sell out 750 in minutes, I'm pretty sure 1000 is still limited.

Not the same, 750 was the entire production number for the pin so if you wanted one you had to grab it quick.

#20836 2 years ago

I honestly don’t know either. It’s definitely one of the best Godzilla movies to date.

Not even better than the one preceding it.

#20837 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

my money is that it is not Godzilla, and Godzilla is the nickname/codename because this game will a mammoth.
I hope it is!
With/If Elwin driving it, I am sure it will be awesome...

Which is code for Wolfgang’s band who would approve the rights to Van Halen.

025A8945-56AA-4F44-B43C-DCC04A7B7802 (resized).jpeg025A8945-56AA-4F44-B43C-DCC04A7B7802 (resized).jpeg
#20838 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Recently watched the BTTF episode of The Movies That Made Us, and I am beyond intrigued by an entire Eric Stoltz alt version of the film. He looked so serious, I can only imagine what it would do to the overall tone.

That is why I made the comment. Watched it yesterday!

#20839 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

If Spooky can sell out 750 in minutes, I'm pretty sure 1000 is still limited. Seems like a reasonable number after the highly-flipped Mandalorian. Flippers will start thinking twice, and those who actually want to keep their LE will have a chance.

Have all the Mando LE's shipped yet? I assume they have, but there's people waiting on other Mandos that were ordered on/within days of announcement.

If/until they figure out how to catch up with their backlog it's just rearranging the deck chairs anyway. Every LE shipped is another pro/premium that didn't get made, and every (whatever the new title is) shipped is just another months backordered title from the last year that gets pushed back farther or never fulfilled at all.

I'm starting to doubt I'll see my July run maiden this year or at all and I'm far from the worst off in that category. A month back when I checked in with my distributor, I jokingly said that I'd heard their backlog was "over 9000", his response was "closer to 12000." True or not, it's a deep backlog.

I don't begrudge people being excited for the next thing as this is firmly on Stern, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't annoyed thinking about all the machines getting delayed even further to make room on the line for a title that hasn't even been announced yet. Supply chain issues are one thing, but it feels scummy to push back/cut committed runs for new ones regardless of what CYA they've got in their contracts with distributors.

#20840 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Not even better than the one preceding it.

Your entitled to your wrong opinion. It had the save the planet woke nonsense. The storyline of the eco-terrorist, divorced couple, and upset teen with daddy issues was terrible.

#20841 2 years ago

#20842 2 years ago

This must be the first Stern that hasn’t leaked (yet)

#20843 2 years ago

Your entitled to your wrong opinion. It had the save the planet woke nonsense. The storyline of the eco-terrorist, divorced couple, and upset teen with daddy issues was terrible.

Honestly, who gives a wet fart about the story line in a Kaiju movie? Your description leads me to believe you are always on the prowl to root out woke lib SJW types and own them with things like scathing movie reviews of Kaiju movies that don’t even mention the Kaiju.

#20844 2 years ago

found this connection.

Godzilla = KAOS agent placed in Maxwell Smart's apartment as part of Siegfried's attempts to kidnap entertainer Ozark Annie

[Uncredited, "Episode #67: "One of Our Olives is Missing".]

#20845 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Honestly, who gives a wet fart about the story line in a Kaiju movie? Your description leads me to believe you are always on the prowl to root out woke lib SJW types and own them with things like scathing movie reviews of Kaiju movies that don’t even mention the Kaiju.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris voice when I read your comments..

#20846 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris voice when I read your comments..

71414DB0-8A0B-436B-B2D2-516450089E7B (resized).jpeg71414DB0-8A0B-436B-B2D2-516450089E7B (resized).jpeg
#20847 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

the games are tiered differently so cant compare, the jjp le is like a premium stern.

#20848 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Calm down son. No Godzilla movie has ever had a deep plot. So relax, breathe, and enjoy life. Stay healthy my friend. It’s only a kaiju movie and pinball. You get worked up over nothing. Cheers

#20849 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

the games are tiered differently so cant compare, the jjp le is like a premium stern.

Thinking the same 3 tier system is identical, except the names used. They do actually compare. Spooky has a similar 3 tier system as well, but doesn’t compare well, because there can be as many CEs as customers want within the total limited numbers. Customers decide how may of each of the 3 tiers instead of the company.

#20850 2 years ago

Calm down son. No Godzilla movie has ever had a deep plot. So relax, breathe, and enjoy life. Stay healthy my friend. It’s only a kaiju movie and pinball. You get worked up over nothing. Cheers

What just happened? Complained about the plot of a Godzilla movie with specificity and angst, then made my point and went Zen. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

15,699 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 46,851 posts in this topic. You are on page 417 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/417 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.