Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,737 posts in this topic. You are on page 415 of 935.
#20701 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I wonder what an LE is going to go for?

The best I have found is you get about $200.00 off msrp, but I'm new to buying NIB, so don't know anyone to so I can get a better deal.

I was only using 666 as a joke for Number of the beast. Don’t have a clue on real price, but I am sure it is close.

#20702 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I was only using 666 as a joke for Number of the beast. Don’t have a clue on real price, but I am sure it is close.

I'm a moron, didn't even notice that, LOL! But your right, I'm sure it's close.

#20703 2 years ago

Until announced, the details around Godzilla are subject to change. The one thing I wish Stern would do differently is to double the number of LE’s offered. There were 650 Avengers LE’s and 750 Mando LE’s and each was oversubscribed so much that the market place has them listed for $3k-$5k above list price. Having too few LE’s drives the secondary price up too much. This is not good for the market nor the buyer. To solve this the number of LE’s offered has to rise.

Would 1000 LE’s have been too many for Avengers and Mando? No those titles were hot and could have used 1,250 LE’s to meet demand imo. Now Godzilla is on the doorstep and we are led to believe Stern will announce 1000 LE’s. I say that is not enough and they should announce 1,250 instead. Then Stern could sell 1000 through it’s distributors and 250 directly to customers on day 2, after the first wave sells out on day 1. At 1,250 LE’s sold, that would make Godzilla the best selling LE to date and maybe the start of seeing 1k -2k LE’s offered for all models going forward. This gets more high margin games into the market place and earns Stern a few million dollars extra x 3 releases a year = $6M extra profit and makes a few thousand customers more happy each year. Bond and BTTF could each have 2k LE’s sold. How many Harry Potter LE’s could sell - 5k plus 1k SLE’s? That one is the motherlode.

#20704 2 years ago

Still holding out hope for BTTF. If Gomez says next game will knock you on your ass…

#20705 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

By far the most requested themes on pinside are Back to the Future and Harry Potter and then you follow up with themes like big trouble in little China , The Matrix , Jaws and Goonies .

I think Jumanji should be on this list. It's been called out a few times and the game character attributes from the franchise would make for some awesome modes. Personally, I don't see big trouble in little china ever getting a pin unless a remake comes along...then it would be based on that one and not the one from 1986. Based on box office sales, big trouble doesn't seem like it was all that popular. According to IMDb, there were many, many other movies released that same year that did so much better (Ferris Bueller being one of those).

#20706 2 years ago

Hope the game is fun if it’s Godzilla, bjt just watched the move Godzilla vs Kong which was a major let down. Still thing BTTF would be a hit.

#20707 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Based on box office sales, big trouble doesn't seem like it was all that popular. According to IMDb, there were many, many other movies released that same year that did so much better

Many cult hits fail at the box office. Big Lebowski is probably the best example.

#20708 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I wonder what an LE is going to go for?

The best I have found is you get about $200.00 off msrp, but I'm new to buying NIB, so don't know anyone to so I can get a better deal.

All the year’s I’ve been buying new in the box: the best deal I’ve found is MSRP, lol.

#20709 2 years ago

So we will know 09/07?

#20710 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Still holding out hope for BTTF. If Gomez says next game will knock you on your ass…

Would still make a LOT more sense, especially with the open Godzilla promotion for like a year or more that just felt misdirection-y.

But even if it really IS Godzilla, interested to see what the infinity BOM Gary has gifted Elwin looks like. Does it even even rise to the level of Spiderman's original release?

#20711 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Hope the game is fun if it’s Godzilla, bjt just watched the move Godzilla vs Kong which was a major let down. Still thing BTTF would be a hit.

Agree, Godzilla vs Kong was not good at all .

#20712 2 years ago

Godzilla is the code name for Goonies...

Godzilla is the code name for Jumanji...

Keep it going...

#20713 2 years ago

Godzilla is code name for ゴジラ.

#20714 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Absolute latest. The stern army webinar is then. I bet the distro one is on 9/7. Meaning we see it then.

Will we see a teaser Tuesday? Or full reveal Wednesday?

#20715 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Will we see a teaser Tuesday? Or full reveal Wednesday?

I say full reveal tomorrow.

#20716 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I think Jumanji should be on this list. It's been called out a few times and the game character attributes from the franchise would make for some awesome modes. Personally, I don't see big trouble in little china ever getting a pin unless a remake comes along...then it would be based on that one and not the one from 1986. Based on box office sales, big trouble doesn't seem like it was all that popular. According to IMDb, there were many, many other movies released that same year that did so much better (Ferris Bueller being one of those).

Big Trouble made a fortune on VHS/DVD and later streaming. Wonka had a remake, the pin is based on the (better) original. Probably would be the same thing if Dwayne Johnson gets a BTiLC sequel like he's trying to. Funny you mention Jumanji, because that's what they're trying to do with BTiLC. Extend the original IP without touching the original.

#20717 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I say full reveal tomorrow.

Godzilla full monty? That should be memorable...

#20718 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Godzilla is the code name for Goonies...
Godzilla is the code name for Jumanji...
Keep it going...

Godzilla is code name for “JAWS” ?

#20719 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Looking at my TWD, the code name was Dinner Time. Spiderman's code name was Spiderm. Balls were dropped on that one lol.

#20720 2 years ago

Curves for EHOH is my favorite code name so far

#20721 2 years ago

If Godzilla is the next pin, would you think Godzilla is 'good' or 'bad'?

Rob

#20722 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Looking at my TWD, the code name was Dinner Time. Spiderman's code name was Spiderm. Balls were dropped on that one lol.

Stern code names in order by machine:

AC/DC (first game with codename) - Grinder (not to be confused with Grindr)
Aerosmith - Toys
Avengers: Infinity Quest - Watson
Batman66 - Shark
Beatles - Purple Martin
Black Knight SOR - Paris
Deadpool - Guy
Elvira HoH - Curves
Game of Thrones - Politico
Ghostbusters - Harold
Godzilla - Spectre (not Oops)
Guardians of the Galaxy - Furry Hats
Iron Maiden - Egypt
Jurassic Park - Jaws
KISS - Star
Led Zeppelin - Ranger
Mandalorian - Jennie
Metallica - James
Munsters - Grandpa
Mustang - Biscuit
RUSH - Finn
Star Trek - Bill
Star Wars (Changed from Cinnabun) - Donut
Star Wars Home - Munchkin
Stranger Things - Goonies
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Jason
Walking Dead - Dinner Time
WWE - Dudes

#20723 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Far from not good. It was two giant monsters kicking off he crap out of each other. Plot holes yes, and not Citizen Kane, but for a kaju movie it was good.

It made $442 million during this stupid pandemic and was also on HBO max. So it did well. As a fan since the early 70’s I liked it.

#20724 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If Godzilla is the next pin, would you think Godzilla is 'good' or 'bad'?
Rob

I think you play as Godzilla. Stomp Tokyo or save it, your choice.

#20725 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Haha. I still like Godzilla being the code name of a monster license.

I’m in for a a Harry Potter.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20726 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

By far the most requested themes on pinside are Back to the Future and Harry Potter and then you follow up with themes like big trouble in little China , The Matrix , Jaws and Goonies .

By here I meant Australia in accordance with you post, not Pinside as that's stating the obvious re it's popularity here.

#20727 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I think you play as Godzilla. Stomp Tokyo or save it, your choice.

Stomping sounds fun. I'll maybe save it later!

Rob

#20728 2 years ago

What does BOM mean please?

#20729 2 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

What does BOM mean please?

Bill of Materials

So a list of stuff what's in the game and what it does cost.

So Stern games have a BOM aka a set price of stuff/ cost that may go into the machine.

#20730 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Bill of Materials
So Stern games have a BOM aka a set price of stuff/ cost that may go into the machine.

Thank you

#20731 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Horrible.

#20732 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I've said it before on this thread Jumanji would make a great pin and I'm talking about the new ones .
Big trouble in little China would definitely be a great pin , it would be near the top of my list .
It has cool characters and storyline , great action , magic , monsters , sexy chicks and humour .
It ticks all the boxes .

IMG_20210907_201142 (resized).jpgIMG_20210907_201142 (resized).jpg
#20733 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

By here I meant Australia in accordance with you post, not Pinside as that's stating the obvious re it's popularity here.

I know what you meant but pinside is a good indicator of what people like , including here in Australia . I'm not saying Godzilla wouldn't sell well , I would like to see the Godzilla pin but you have so many versions it divides people . I really liked Godzilla vs King Kong but some people with no taste think it's crap
Back to the Future is one of the most popular movie trilogies of all time .
It's a family friendly and when I mentioned to my wife it could be coming out she said we have to get one , and she's not even into pinball , she just puts up with my crap .

#20734 2 years ago

So far from horrible. If you were a true Godzilla fan you wouldn’t say that. Show me one Godzilla movie that was a cinematic masterpiece. It’s about giant monsters kicking the crap out of each other.

They added more fight scenes and less human side stories. I honestly don’t know what you were expecting. These are not Martin Scorsese films for crying out loud.

#20735 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Oww did I hear Jaws?
[quoted image]

I don't think Jaws was ever happening. Keith Elwin wore a Jaws hat to Pinburgh one year when he was working on Jurassic Park to troll everyone. JP code name is Jaws. That's it.

#20736 2 years ago

Agreed, after that movie I felt like my eyes and ears had been assaulted. And not in a good way. Like, in a punishing, vengeful, hurtful way. What an awful flick. Pin could be fun though.

#20737 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Bill of Materials

Haha, i always thought it was "Bucket of Money", basically the same thing though.

#20740 2 years ago

I think it will be hilarious when it turns out to be a Blue Oyster Cult music pin and Godzilla was just the codename all along!

#20741 2 years ago
Quoted from CthulhuTilted:

I think it will be hilarious when it turns out to be a Blue Oyster Cult music pin and Godzilla was just the codename all along!

Please, Stern, don’t do it.

#20742 2 years ago

Looks like they just pushed the release back by a week.

#20743 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Looks like they just pushed the release back by a week.

What makes you say that? Distributor?

#20744 2 years ago

Agreed. The stern army webinar was pushed back a week so I assume the reveal will be next Monday or Tuesday.

#20745 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

What makes you say that? Distributor?

Operator webinar was just pushed back by a week.

#20747 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Please, Stern, don’t do it.

Yes stern please! Go go Godzilla!! Great song by Blue Oyster Cult. If not cleland can add it.

#20748 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Yes stern please! Go go Godzilla!! Great song by Blue Oyster Cult. If not cleland can add it.

There won't be anymore custom codes im afraid,

#20749 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the "flash to bang" of ordering the next pin to its arrival will be lower than it has been previously. I know their backlog is backed up for older games, but I get the idea they are frantically adding features and polishing the "Stern Insider Connected" feature. Since this will be the first game with this feature they will want to get it right. I bet they give it an extra week or two to build up stock while they polish the code and features of the new online connectivity before they release to the public. This would coincidently give the line time to build up a small stock of machines.
Excited to see what's next!
Also mandatory plea for Stern to make "Weird Al's Polka Party, WAP for short.
I love WAP!

The push back lines up 100% with last week's speculation.

This will mean more games get into customer's hands faster.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,737 posts in this topic. You are on page 415 of 935.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/415?hl=phantasmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.