Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 412 of 937.
#20551 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hopefully Stern let Elwin go nuts on this pin...

I bet 20 bucks , after we see Godzilla , everyone will think it's the best ever , and 3 weeks later everybody will be asking for the next thing .
Just like every other pin .

#20552 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I bet 20 bucks , after we see Godzilla , everyone will think it's the best ever , and 3 weeks later everybody will be asking for the next thing .
Just like every other pin .

Same day as Godzilla is revealed, we will see many ask what's next. Just like every other pin.

#20553 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Same day after Godzilla is revealed, we will see many ask what's next. Just like every other pin.

Of course everyone sees the pin and asks what's next , but all good pins have their honeymoon period .

#20554 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Same day as Godzilla is revealed, we will see many ask what's next

Good news is we already know the answer, Rush by Borg.

#20555 2 years ago

I just saw the Suicide Squad .
It would be perfect for Stern , great story , cool characters , including of course Harley Quinn .

IMG_20210905_021938 (resized).jpgIMG_20210905_021938 (resized).jpgIMG_20210905_023519 (resized).jpgIMG_20210905_023519 (resized).jpg
#20556 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I just saw the Suicide Squad .
It would be perfect for Stern , great story , cool characters , including of course Harley Quinn .

Feels like it would be an easy one to build a pin around for sure… not that I really want one more superhero pin, but would definitely be less disappointed if it was one with a bit of grit.

#20557 2 years ago

If we’re going to have another superhero pin make it this or nothing.

#20558 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

not that I really want one more superhero pin, but would definitely be less disappointed if it was one with a bit of grit.

It really doesn't feel like a superhero theme to me , maybe some people with abilities , but it's very raw and it's more about the story than people with powers .

IMG_20210905_041632 (resized).jpgIMG_20210905_041632 (resized).jpg
#20559 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Batman can suck cock

#20560 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It really doesn't feel like a superhero theme to me , maybe some people with abilities , but it's very raw and it's more about the story than people with powers .

I guess when I use the term ‘superhero’, I necessarily lump in all comic book type characters with powers, whether they are Lawful Good, Chaotic Evil, or anything in-between. (Injected some DnD terms for nerd cred there)

#20561 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I guess when I use the term ‘superhero’, I necessarily lump in all comic book type characters with powers, whether they are Lawful Good, Chaotic Evil, or anything in-between. (Injected some DnD terms for nerd cred there)

I get what you're saying , the thing which is refreshing about the Suicide Squad , is the characters don't really have superpowers . They're just good at what they do . And don't rely on money , for what they do .

#20562 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Batman can suck cock

Tell me how you really feel. Don’t hold back.

#20563 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Tell me how you really feel. Don’t hold back.

It's almost 5 in the morning and I do like batman . But when arrogant people will say this is the only superhero you can have , I will give my point of view

#20564 2 years ago

Both Suicide Squad movies were inarguably awful. Batman The Animated Series is a highly regarded masterpiece. Great stories, excellent animation and character design and an unbelievable soundtrack. 90’s kids were glued to the f’n screen when this came out. Meanwhile…superhero fans are WALKING OUT of the theatre on Suicide Squad. So…tell me more about your horrible tastes.

#20565 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

4 Batman pins (DE, SEGA, 2 x Stern) already out says this is unlikely.

#20566 2 years ago

Well Stern really screwed the pooch by choosing Batman forever over BTAS. Could have turned a classic into another classic. But they chose the equivalent of a Suicide Squad…just the new dumb trash superhero flick.

Quoted from PinMonk:

#20567 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Both Suicide Squad movies were inarguably awful. Batman The Animated Series is a highly regarded masterpiece. Great stories, excellent animation and character design and an unbelievable soundtrack. 90’s kids were glued to the f’n screen when this came out. Meanwhile…super fans are WALKING OUT of the theatre on Suicide Squad. So…tell me more about your horrible tastes.

I really enjoyed the James Gunn one. But I have zero exposure to the comics so maybe that is why I just enjoyed it for the darkly hilarious ride it was in a sea of other TERRIBLE, unenjoyable DC movies.

But I have NO IDEA how they're going to get people to watch a Peacemaker TV show after his story arc in the movie. Hype level zero for me.

#20568 2 years ago

Does anyone know the time they normally do the reveal? Early morning 9 am, or sometime in the afternoon or evening? Just wondering.

#20569 2 years ago

So being new to this, how does this typically go down? Do they release LE’s first then slowly roll out the others or do they release a mix of all of the models at once?

#20570 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

So being new to this, how does this typically go down? Do they release LE’s first then slowly roll out the others or do they release a mix of all of the models at once?

If they follow the Mando release it would be some Pro's for location play then LE units first essentially then the others.

#20571 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All the same company, The latest Jurassic Park is pretty damn good though. I hope BTTF is in the works though since Stern is reviving the past with some new fun games of old titles

#20572 2 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

All the same company

Well, eventually, but not at the time they came out.

#20573 2 years ago

I'm thinking about it, depending on the price, and if I can get one before they are sold out. It would be a great birthday present!

#20574 2 years ago

So is it Godzilla?

#20575 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

So is it Godzilla?

Yes

#20577 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

hahaha just trying to think what would possible make IMDM/JP/AIQ seem like Elwin's more subtle and understated pins.

Hopefully everything.

#20578 2 years ago

Teaser vid on a Sunday works for me..

#20579 2 years ago

Not so fast, code name clue:

37920733-1B22-4459-92AA-E342EA336D0D (resized).jpeg37920733-1B22-4459-92AA-E342EA336D0D (resized).jpeg
#20580 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Not so fast, code name clue:
[quoted image]

Where did this picture come from?

#20581 2 years ago

Catzilla. Can't wait to see pics of real Godzilla.

cat fishing 008 (resized).JPGcat fishing 008 (resized).JPG
#20582 2 years ago

I’m also starting to think Godzilla is a code name for something else.

Stern keeps pushing operators that this is going to be a huge hit on route and i don’t see how they could be saying that about a Godzilla theme.

We will know soon but my guess is it’s a more mainstream title

#20583 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'm holding out hope that Godzilla is code for BTTF because it is a "monster license".

Still hoping this could be true...

#20584 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I really enjoyed the James Gunn one. But I have zero exposure to the comics so maybe that is why I just enjoyed it for the darkly hilarious ride it was in a sea of other TERRIBLE, unenjoyable DC movies.
But I have NO IDEA how they're going to get people to watch a Peacemaker TV show after his story arc in the movie. Hype level zero for me.

I thought it was good too, not sure what people are hoping for in this franchise.

My personal review...SPOILERS.

#20585 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Batman can suck cock

I would like to read your fanfics please

#20586 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Catzilla. Can't wait to see pics of real Godzilla.
[quoted image]

got the Run The Jewels soundtrack ready to go for your Catzilla pin!

#20587 2 years ago

I am baffled by the prevalence of opinion that Back to the Future is a more profitable license for a pinball machine than Godzilla. A good-but-not-great 80’s movie that is far from the purchasing public’s consciousness vs. a monster movie franchise with three American releases in the past five years and literally toys on Wal-Mart shelves right now. And that leaves nothing to say about the apples vs apples comparisons of legacy and cult status of each respective franchise.

Either way, it is Godzilla, and I have never seen Stern more sure of what they have than they are with this title. They are letting operators buy 3 and are pumping out location games first like they have never offered to do before.

#20588 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am baffled by the prevalence of opinion that Back to the Future is a more profitable license for a pinball machine than Godzilla. A good-but-not-great 80’s movie that is far from the purchasing public’s consciousness vs. a monster movie franchise with three American releases in the past five years and literally toys on Wal-Mart shelves right now. And that leaves nothing to say about the apples vs apples comparisons of legacy and cult status of each respective franchise.
Either way, it is Godzilla, and I have never seen Stern more sure of what they have than they are with this title. They are letting operators buy 3 and are pumping out location games first like they have never offered to do before.

Many consider BTTF a perfect movie. IMO, Godzilla doesn’t even come close to BTTF as far as a wanted theme. Hope both are made and deliver to fans of the franchises.

#20589 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Many consider BTTF a perfect movie. IMO, Godzilla doesn’t even come close to BTTF as far as a wanted theme. Hope both are made and deliver to fans of the franchises.

I think BTTF is THE perfect movie...My favorite of all time. Definitely hoping for both as well

#20590 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I hope you get BTTF. I fear for the marketability of that license beyond the 40-50 people here that are so enamored with the thought, but I don’t know a thing about such potential. In my opinion there are far better 80s movie licenses for properties that have carried much more general popularity into the 2020s: Ferris Butler’s Day Off, E.T., and Goonies come to mind top of head.

But I do think that Godzilla will prove to be a wildly popular license. I just don’t think there is any objective truth to the belief that a random family walking by a row of operated games will be drawn to a Back to the Future title with anywhere near the frequency of Godzilla. I mean, screeching Kaiju and mass destruction vs. Delorean and MJF likeness. Come on.

#20591 2 years ago

I know it probably won’t get done but I would really like some kind of Greek mythology pin with Yeti on art. I am talking good mythology story like gods v Kronos…… if they wanted to go the license route then …..(God Of War)

#20592 2 years ago

Is it just rumors, or is next title 100% going to be released on Tuesday?

#20593 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Is it just rumors, or is next title 100% going to be released on Tuesday?

9/8

#20594 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

In the US, at least, Godzilla is box office poison, with only the 2014 version breaking out to 200 million. The 1998, 2019, and 2021 ones were all around 100 million, which is poor for a "blockbuster" with high production costs. I mean I'm definitely curious about how Stern will go with presentation and goals of the game, but it seems like out-of-left-field choice.

That said, nothing that a "keep Elwin happy at Stern" blowout BOM this is rumored to have can't fix. They're not going to disrespect him with a Steve Ritchie BOM.

#20595 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just found out that it’s Batman TAS 29 year anniversary today. Come on Stern make my dreams come true and announce this.

C5D1E126-D5F4-4CB0-BB0E-D7B8966FDD9B (resized).jpegC5D1E126-D5F4-4CB0-BB0E-D7B8966FDD9B (resized).jpeg
#20596 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:I know it probably won’t get done but I would really like some kind of Greek mythology pin with Yeti on art. I am talking good mythology story like gods v Kronos…… if they wanted to go the license route then …..(God Of War)

GoW would be awesome for a theme.

I wish someone would license more Fantasy/SciFi. Lots of great themes that wouldn't break the bank.

#20597 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

GoW would be awesome for a theme.
I wish someone would license more Fantasy/SciFi. Lots of great themes that wouldn't break the bank.

Lost in Space Or 3rd rock from the sun….the never ending story.

#20598 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I hope you get BTTF. I fear for the marketability of that license beyond the 40-50 people here that are so enamored with the thought, but I don’t know a thing about such potential. In my opinion there are far better 80s movie licenses for properties that have carried much more general popularity into the 2020s: Ferris Butler’s Day Off, E.T., and Goonies come to mind top of head.
But I do think that Godzilla will prove to be a wildly popular license. I just don’t think there is any objective truth to the belief that a random family walking by a row of operated games will be drawn to a Back to the Future title with anywhere near the frequency of Godzilla. I mean, screeching Kaiju and mass destruction vs. Delorean and MJF likeness. Come on.

Back to the Future is HUGE. You massively underestimate the following those films have.

#20599 2 years ago

You are blinded by bias for whatever reason. People (probably not on Pinside) spend $100k on Delorean replicas, there are often cast reunions at cons, Nike made the shoe, MJF and CL were on Jimmy Kimmel, there's a BTTF documentary about fandom, the list goes on. None of the IPs you listed, including Godzilla (in the West), have done all of these things.

Quoted from gambit3113:

In my opinion there are far better 80s movie licenses for properties that have carried much more general popularity into the 2020s: Ferris Butler’s Day Off, E.T., and Goonies come to mind top of head.

#20600 2 years ago

So what is new game? People said on here it would be announced this week??????????????

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Wanted
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 412 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/412?hl=ray3127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.