maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 408 of 940.
#20351 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fact: Copper cost about the same as it did in 2011. There was a large dip in the price between 2011 and 2020, and now it's back at 2011 levels.
How much was Stern retail at release for 2011 Tron Legacy Pro ($5699)? Transformers ($5699)? There's not $100 of copper in a Stern machine, let alone $1000. With the price increase, we should be about $1000 more than those 2011 pro machines - and copper costs THE SAME as 2011.
https://www.macrotrends.net/1476/copper-prices-historical-chart-data

60C96546-EFA1-44FE-83D8-E1BC213F92F7 (resized).png60C96546-EFA1-44FE-83D8-E1BC213F92F7 (resized).png
#20352 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Worse thought - does this mean connected pins get ads pushed to them for attract mode? I could *absolutely* see Stern doing this.

Only a matter of time…

#20353 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m sure we’ll see a monthly fee like Nintendo membership. What’s another $9.99 per month?

Zero chance I'm paying that. I'm not seeing anything that excites me here... if anything, I feel like I'm on the exit ramp watching this silliness continue on down the highway.

#20354 2 years ago

Still think this would make a great pin with Mr Yeti's or Mr Franchi's art. I think it's been forgotten. Many can identify with Statler and Waldorf here anyway.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#20355 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Still think this would make a great pin

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#20356 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Zero chance I'm paying that. I'm not seeing anything that excites me here... if anything, I feel like I'm on the exit ramp watching this silliness continue on down the highway.

I guess we will see…not sure this is where I would have spent time and money investment. How about doing VOC before you determine what is good for your customers. These features have less to do with pinball and more about trying to find future sources of revenue. If you think otherwise, just wait and see down the road.

You do not do all this additional pinball hardware & software along with website development along with giving away things for free! There will be a revenue stream to this.

#20357 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Still think this would make a great pin with Mr Yeti's or Mr Franchi's art. I think it's been forgotten. Many can identify with Statler and Waldorf here anyway.
[quoted image]

JJP had the license. Dunno if they still do, though.

#20358 2 years ago

Is there a specific date for an announcement?

#20359 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP had the license. Dunno if they still do, though.

Could be one of the next games, I suppose. But if not, it would be a nice change of pace after Gojira.

#20360 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Not yet. Gomez said sometime in September for Elwin's next game.

#20361 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

That apron in the video is generic. Each game will get art specific to the license by the artist (as I've done one or two) - so don't worry yet until you see them
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6dc6fc8654eb05541a32b32eae8dd9e52e16e04f-1630108751-1800"};
//]]>

I'm guessing the licensing approvals might be why the generic one is used in these videos.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know!

#20362 2 years ago

Did Stern reunite them?

1913C991-D4ED-4529-9062-DED38C9170FB (resized).jpeg1913C991-D4ED-4529-9062-DED38C9170FB (resized).jpeg
#20363 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

[quoted image]

There could be a lot of fun modes for sure ;

Help Swedish chef hurry up - defend the kitchen against desperado lobsters and bomb wielding chickens

Bash Fozzy with fruit , veggies , bottles , shoes , etc to stop him from telling more bad jokes

Keep Beaker and Dr Bunsen from blowing up the lab

Multiple Pigs in Space adventures ( randomized )

Muppet madness multi ball

And on and on and on - lots of great content !

#20364 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Did Stern reunite them?
[quoted image]

They reunite every few years for whatever BTTF anniversary it is.

#20365 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

They reunite every few years for whatever BTTF anniversary it is.

But a 36 year anniversary?

#20366 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:I have no interest in this insider connection BS.
On the other hand Weird Al’s Polka Party sounds like the best new title in a very long time!

I’m still stuck on this! WAPP would make for a good homebrew. Just sayin

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20367 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I was reading in some thread on here that based on historical data or something that sept 23 should be the day…

#20368 2 years ago

I know there's a lot of emotion with any price increase, but inflation is real right now to the average consumer, regardless of what government figures show.

Here in the Tampa area, homes around me are up about $75-100K in the last 6 months, restaurants are charging 10-20% more, lamb chops (the one food item I track, are up about 20% per pound). Repairs and services are in such demand that it's hard to get someone to return calls here. I recently tried to hire a caregiver for my Sister and struck out finding anyone interested in that type of work without guaranteeing certain hours and conditions. It's kind of crazy out there right now, at least here in Florida.

Add in the usual Supply and Demand dynamics resulting from pin inventory shortages and yeah, pins are going up in price, however difficult it might be to pin the increase on any particular commodity. My concern is how long will this last before we get a pricing correction?

#20369 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I know there's a lot of emotion with any price increase, but inflation is real right now to the average consumer, regardless of what government figures show.
Here in the Tampa area, homes around me are up about $75-100K in the last 6 months, restaurants are charging 10-20% more, lamb chops (the one food item I track, are up about 20% per pound). Repairs and services are in such demand that it's hard to get someone to return calls here. I recently tried to hire a caregiver for my Sister and struck out finding anyone interested in that type of work without guaranteeing certain hours and conditions. It's kind of crazy out there right now, at least here in Florida.
Add in the usual Supply and Demand dynamics resulting from pin inventory shortages and yeah, pins are going up in price, however difficult it might be to pin the increase on any particular commodity. My concern is how long will this last before we get a pricing correction?

Lol, the only pricing correction we are likely to see is up. And FWIW, things in Florida are always crazy. I think its something in the water

#20370 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

boy those $7777.00 Aliens are looking great now !

Except they just raised their price $800 this week. I am reevaluating whether I can justify a NIB purchase again.

These increases are just too much. Too many other inflationary pressures on my paycheck for items that are necessities and more important.

#20371 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

There could be a lot of fun modes for sure ;
Help Swedish chef hurry up - defend the kitchen against desperado lobsters and bomb wielding chickens
Bash Fozzy with fruit , veggies , bottles , shoes , etc to stop him from telling more bad jokes
Keep Beaker and Dr Bunsen from blowing up the lab
Multiple Pigs in Space adventures ( randomized )
Muppet madness multi ball
And on and on and on - lots of great content !

Mystery prize (add a ball, more mode time, etc) revealed by blowing it up by who else…. Crazy Harry. And the occasional heckle from Statler and Waldorf.
64B7C569-E976-4B8C-89C1-5BD43A0AEE5E (resized).jpeg64B7C569-E976-4B8C-89C1-5BD43A0AEE5E (resized).jpeg

#20372 2 years ago

An animatronic Statler and Waldorf Topper with all the heckles would be an absolute must.

#20373 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Worse thought - does this mean connected pins get ads pushed to them for attract mode? I could *absolutely* see Stern doing this.

Maybe you can watch an add to earn an extra ball

#20374 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Maybe you can watch an add to earn an extra ball

You joke, but there's a million ways that pinball internet fueled push advertising can go wrong. MATCH screen brought to you by Match.com. High score scroll brought to you by Red Bull - what pros crave. It could get really gross. Of course it won't all happen at once, but this is a pandora's box of bad tools and revenue builders that cost almost nothing for Stern to implement so they'll eventually do them all.

#20375 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You joke, but there's a million ways that pinball internet fueled push advertising can go wrong. MATCH screen brought to you by Match.com. High score scroll brought to you by Red Bull - what pros crave. It could get really gross. Of course it won't all happen at once, but this is a pandora's box of bad tools and revenue builders that cost almost nothing for Stern to implement so they'll eventually do them all.

Just disconnect? As long as the pin still works normally without it, then it is an option you can choose.

Personally the only things that would make me enjoy this feature is to have certain goals, and to compare these with friends, so anywhere you would play a pin, you scan your code and try to get the goal. Or even a highscore, your friends receive your new highscore and then can try to get passed it.
For the rest I couldn't care less for the connected stuff

#20376 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Just disconnect? As long as the pin still works normally without it, then it is an option you can choose.

If you don't want all the pin content because to get it all you'll have to be connected. And like toppers and topper DLC, it will happen slowly. Stern knows how to boil a frog.

#20377 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you don't want all the pin content because to get it all you'll have to be connected. And like toppers and topper DLC, it will happen slowly. Stern knows how to boil a frog.

That’s when you stay oldschool…
That is, unless you route….

#20378 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Going forward that reader and board will be in all games - has to add to game costs.
We will be paying for it even if we don't use it.

I would have rather had another spinner, pop bumper or something adding to actual gameplay.

#20379 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I guess we will see…not sure this is where I would have spent time and money investment. How about doing VOC before you determine what is good for your customers. These features have less to do with pinball and more about trying to find future sources of revenue. If you think otherwise, just wait and see down the road.
You do not do all this additional pinball hardware & software along with website development along with giving away things for free! There will be a revenue stream to this.

Agree - and a cost to the buyer of the machine. That board and reader have costs to Stern - passed on to the buyer. Somebody has to pay for it. These costs will start right away and be built into the costs of machines.

Not to mention what can happen associated with this down the road... future sources of revenue...

Sounds a bit like the pinbar - deeproot - UGH ! Say it ain't so Joe .

Unique user ID codes. Tracking us. Maybe we should wear tinfoil hats at shows ! - Ha Ha.

#20380 2 years ago

#20381 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Going forward that reader and board will be in all games - has to add to game costs.
We will be paying for it even if we don't use it.
I would have rather had another spinner, pop bumper or something adding to actual gameplay.

Agreed. I dont even want the feature.

#20382 2 years ago

I was wondering if not having this added to my JP Premium would make it harder to sell later, but not having it might actually make it more desirable. The JP crowd loves their custom code.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20383 2 years ago
7A587AFA-EA92-4F48-9AE0-ABB2508340A2 (resized).jpeg7A587AFA-EA92-4F48-9AE0-ABB2508340A2 (resized).jpegDC9DACF4-D56F-44BA-AD3A-6355732D947F (resized).jpegDC9DACF4-D56F-44BA-AD3A-6355732D947F (resized).jpeg
#20384 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="

Godzilla, with the orchestra music incredible.

6fba7efbec0eadbce5334baa118200d7a5-25-godzilla.rhorizontal.w700 (resized).jpg6fba7efbec0eadbce5334baa118200d7a5-25-godzilla.rhorizontal.w700 (resized).jpg
#20385 2 years ago
51C4JGCV8SL (resized).jpg51C4JGCV8SL (resized).jpg
#20386 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I was wondering if not having this added to my JP Premium would make it harder to sell later, but not having it might actually make it more desirable. The JP crowd loves their custom code.

For me I would want yours without the stupid reader. I am supposed to trade my MBr SE straight up for a JP premium and now will have to cover the $1000 price increase and then not be able to use the custom movie code for it possibly.

#20387 2 years ago

My dude likes the Misfits? Love it! Been spending alot of time together lately working on BTTF callouts no doubt.

FB_IMG_1630210132053 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1630210132053 (resized).jpg
#20388 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

My dude likes the Misfits? Love it! Been spending alot of time together lately working on BTTF callouts no doubt.
[quoted image]

You wouldn't want MJF doing callouts. He doesn't sound like Marty anymore unfortunately. They should get the guy who did Marty for the video game.

#20389 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You wouldn't want MJF doing callouts. He doesn't sound like Marty anymore unfortunately. They should get the guy who did Marty for the video game.

He has the delivery, they could pitch him up slightly and thin his voice with an EQ and it would be pretty close.

But I doubt they'd want to pay what he gets anyway. They'll go for a sound-alike. Just fingers crossed it's not Shitty Beast from X-Men.

#20390 2 years ago

The guy who voiced Marty in The Telltale BTTF game was amazing.

#20391 2 years ago

DUDE! ....use whatever connections you have or think you have to make this happen! haha

#20392 2 years ago

What about the ultimate superhero battle .
Anyone know where the full version of this is .
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSJc42yMW/

#20393 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What about the ultimate superhero battle .
Anyone know where the full version of this is .
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSJc42yMW/

#20394 2 years ago

Excellent , thanks mate .

#20395 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fact: Copper cost about the same as it did in 2011. There was a large dip in the price between 2011 and 2020, and now it's back at 2011 levels.
How much was Stern retail at release for 2011 Tron Legacy Pro ($5699)? Transformers ($5699)? There's not $100 of copper in a Stern machine, let alone $1000. With the price increase, we should be about $1000 more than those 2011 pro machines - and copper costs THE SAME as 2011.
https://www.macrotrends.net/1476/copper-prices-historical-chart-data

Good point.The unsure hero describing the unsung hero (Spike 2)on youtube..We dont have a solution yet but be sure we will rip you off as soon as we can.

#20396 2 years ago

They will start loosing a lot of sales I would say probably 75-80 percent of people that buy a new pin put back a little at a time just to be able to afford one pin in a year we’re maybe the other 25 percent are well off enough to buy more so u keep raising prices like your doing u will see the industry take a big fall people want have that extra money for a 9-1000$ pin with food n gas prices going up basically just keeping your self a flot in this day n time.
I’ve got my guardians galaxy n just got my Munster premium n was going to try n swing tmnt or Deadpool or put 500$ down on Elvira but now I’m rethinking this is nuts

#20397 2 years ago

It’s kind of nuts. BM66 was $7700 iirc now $8300 but maybe $9000 for a bare bones premium no fancy side rails or shaker or art blades.

I was buying STLE for $7700 back in the day or AFM LE for $8k

The used market is going up too and the new pins are selling out as well.

#20398 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s kind of nuts. BM66 was $7700 iirc now $8300

If BM66 is going to follow EHOH price like normal then the next batch of them will be $9200.

#20399 2 years ago

After thought....

What if 'Godzilla' is actually the code name for BTTF because it is going to be HUUUUUUGE!

#20400 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

After thought....
What if 'Godzilla' is actually the code name for BTTF because it is going to be HUUUUUUGE!

That’s been speculated a lot lately. However, I don’t think that will be the case. We’ll find out here in a couple of weeks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 408 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/408?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.