Pee Wee Buffy (resized).jpg
Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 406 of 924.
#20251 2 years ago

Totally stoked for the new Stern Tech. Plan on adding it to all my games.

Think Godzilla , Goonies, Loki, Jaws or BTFF would just break Supply Chain .
Unless Stern's got that issue worked out... Wonder if they expanded if they could catch up
if all those issues were a mute point.

#20252 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Got a weird feeling part of the price increase is the newer movie license games impending other than inflation causing prices of materials (and keeping the employment force around).

I doubt it. Some materials have gone up some but other major build materials like wood are back down. This is a cash grab IMO.

Stern's quality and licensing won't change or improve. They may be able to get away with these huge price hikes in the short term but I predict it will come back to bite them in the ass in the long term.

Demand and pricing on these type of non essential, entertainment items is not inelastic even if pinball manufacturers are acting as if they are these days.

#20253 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It definitely not fair and I think a lot of people are going to flip when they figure out what's going on. There's a ton of people waiting on games.

I've already told my distributor if the increase does happen and the price is not honored consider my order cancelled and I want my deposit back on the AIQ Prem that was supposed to have been here more than a month ago. Especially with having just missed the run last week as others in the area are getting their AIQ Premiums this week. My distributor was not able to confirm a price increase directly from Stern so to them it is still a rumor until official word comes down.

#20254 2 years ago

...wrong thread

#20255 2 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

I can understand them raising prices for future games.
What I don't understand is when I have a signed invoice with a distributor and a deposit

I've already told my distributor if the increase does happen and the price is not honored consider my order cancelled and I want my deposit back on the AIQ Prem that was supposed to have been here more than a month ago. Especially with having just missed the run last week as others in the area are getting their AIQ Premiums this week. My distributor was not able to confirm a price increase directly from Stern so to them it is still a rumor until official word comes down.

Talked to my distributor yesterday. He has 2 extra nib AIQ premiums that showed up last week. If you need a name....

#20256 2 years ago

September's game is by Keith Elwin! Confirmed by George Gomez on today's episode of the Insider Podcast.

#20257 2 years ago
Quoted from vandergugten:

September's game is by Keith Elwin! Confirmed by George Gomez on today's episode of the Insider Podcast.

Just heard that...he said "It's gonna knock you on your ass!"

#20258 2 years ago

Starting the hype train right from the source. Cool to hear.

#20259 2 years ago

Rocky ?

#20260 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:Just heard that...he said "It's gonna knock you on your ass!"

They must be referring to the price increase.

#20261 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Why i love Daniel « bond » Craig?

For example, i couldn’t see anyone else then lord brett sinclair when Moore was interpreting Bond

Lol He is overly romanticized in his role. Hard to take him serious when he decides to kick butt

#20262 2 years ago

The Stern announcement says the retrofit kit is "inexpensive", so it probably can't take much blame for the new pricing.

#20263 2 years ago

It definitely not fair and I think a lot of people are going to flip when they figure out what's going on. There's a ton of people waiting on games.

Including me, IM Prem which was supposed to be here in July.

I'm not paying an extra $1k that's for sure

#20264 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The Stern announcement says the retrofit kit is "inexpensive", so it probably can't take much blame for the new pricing.

inexpensive to stern these days is a 1k topper so...

#20265 2 years ago

Edit. I put pretty much exactly what @C0untDeM0net
Did above.

#20266 2 years ago

My distributor has AIQ premium, with the new insider connected platform, listed on their website as in stock and ready to ship at the +1k price.

#20267 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

My distributor has AIQ premium, with the new insider connected platform, listed on their website as in stock and ready to ship at the +1k price.

Who is your distributor?

#20268 2 years ago

Who is your distributor?

Hemispheres

#20269 2 years ago

Thats now two dealers listing the new prices. Obviously no longer just a rumor.

#20270 2 years ago

So, with Godzilla, forward, we will be forced to take this new kit even if we are using the game in a home and may not want it? Sacrificing half of the apron art for it, also? Guess the positive side would be, it looks like pros will have metal aprons again lol.

#20271 2 years ago

I think the premium machine segment will suffer the most from the hefty price increase.

This is a perfect time for new and not established pinball companies, since stern and jjp has pretty much priced themself out of beeing competetive.

Would love to see chinese made games with us-game designers. Such a constallation would easily produce great competetive games at 4k, still turning a nice profit.

#20272 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

And if i missed a great game then i can consider to buy it later in the secondary market.

Unless it's JJP, Spooky, or Stern Studio that actually appreciate in value. FOMO is real.

#20273 2 years ago

So with this new add on now custom code like for Jurrasic Park that added movie clips will no longer work I assume and will need a pinball browser update. Mentioning because I am supposed to get a JP premium for next run.

#20274 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Guess the positive side would be, it looks like pros will have metal aprons again lol.

I highly doubt they'll switch back to metal aprons because this QR reader. Why wouldn't they keep doing Plastic Aprons?

#20275 2 years ago

They have Pros listed for $6599 up from $6199, so I guess an extra $400 for Pros. Sadly, that's better than I was expecting.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20276 2 years ago

So is the real price of a Pro $6600 or like $6400?

#20277 2 years ago

Which tells us nothing...

#20278 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So is the real price of a Pro $6600 or like $6400?

Should be $500 more. Premiums $1000 more.

#20279 2 years ago

The rumor mill is churning. Turn to the ones you trust. More at 11.

64A07B2E-7ABC-47AF-ABD7-31CC2D3FFEDA (resized).jpeg64A07B2E-7ABC-47AF-ABD7-31CC2D3FFEDA (resized).jpeg
#20280 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Should be $500 more. Premiums $1000 more.

Soooo....$6500?

#20281 2 years ago

Called my local distributor, trying to get a game before the price increase. Unfortunately all that he has in stock is one each of TMNT and LZ pro. Everything else is gone (he usually has lots of stock). He’s not expecting anything other than pre-orders for the rest of the year.

#20282 2 years ago

One of the biggest draws of pinball is that its one of the last forms of interactive entertainment that is laser focused on in-person experience. Just you against the machine in front of you and whoever else is there in the moment. Each machine a self-contained world under glass, a little different with it's own settings, tweaks and randomness with a local community of players competing against themselves or for grand champion with the other scores lost to time.

The extra cost is annoying but if that's all it was I'd just disable it. It is not that simple. When design philosophy shifts towards maximizing engagement to sell distant players to one another as content it will come at cost of the things that make these machines truly unique. Treasure it now.

#20283 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

One of the biggest draws of pinball is that its one of the last forms of interactive entertainment that is laser focused on in-person experience. Just you against the machine in front of you and whoever else is there in the moment.

I sort of agree with this statement. Fortunately for us longtime collectors there is just about 100 years of pre IOT pinball. But man, the market is going to get wild if Stern messes this up.

#20284 2 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

What I don't understand is when I have a signed invoice with a distributor and a deposit down, the game has been delayed past their expected delivery date, and then they tell me it's going to cost me more?

I agree 100%

#20285 2 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

What I don't understand is when I have a signed invoice with a distributor and a deposit down, the game has been delayed past their expected delivery date, and then they tell me it's going to cost me more?

Its everyone's choice what they do, but this is the point to cancel your order. We as individuals have no control over any of this. Not that I want the distributors to feel any pain, but they are the only voice that matters. If they get cancellations and get stuck with games, or in turn cancel their orders, Stern might think again before the next time they raise prices on existing orders.

...All that to say that it won't matter because if someone does cancel their order, someone else will step up and pay the increased price. Welcome to the current world of pinball!

#20286 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

All that to say that it won't matter because if someone does cancel their order, someone else will step up and pay the increased price. Welcome to the current world of pinball!

Exactly. The manufacturers know this and know they can get away with it.

#20287 2 years ago

From Pinball Expo 2021 schedule of events :

tempFileForShare_20210827-080103 (resized).jpgtempFileForShare_20210827-080103 (resized).jpg

#20288 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

From Pinball Expo 2021 Schedule of events :
[quoted image]

So will Elwins next pin be announced soon even though pin expo is some time away yet?

D4EF62A8-7DCE-4672-B78E-B68DBFBE9F11 (resized).pngD4EF62A8-7DCE-4672-B78E-B68DBFBE9F11 (resized).png
#20289 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So will Elwins next pin be announced soon even though pin expo is some time away yet?[quoted image]

Probably in September for the next game, according the interview of George Gomez for the Insider Connected platform:

"The September game is going to knock you on your ass. The September game, which is a no-win game is just, I haven't seen anything like this in a while. It's pretty cool.

I think that the passion, energy, and excitement that these guys put into these things is going to be really clear and certainly the next two products are I'm jazzed.

I think that they're going to show, I'm even more excited that they're going to ship connected."

#20290 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Quoted from RikeIsland:

When does it end?

#20291 2 years ago

Kaneda reported the stern pinball price increase in episode 610 of Kaneda's pinball podcast.
I am unsure but i think the price of copper wire is the reason for the price rise.

#20292 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Unless Stern's got that issue worked out... Wonder if they expanded if they could catch up

JAWS .....pleeeeeeeeaaaaaassseeee stern make this happen!

#20293 2 years ago

Anyone canceling BM66 order let me know.

I’m kind of steaming that I didn’t buy when they were $7700 but that’s done.

#20294 2 years ago

I’m glad I got in to a run of EHOH in mid 2020 before the first price bump. If Godzilla is 9k for a premium it might be my last NIB until someone makes my dream theme.

#20295 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Agreed I feel the same about it!

#20296 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I’m glad I got in to a run of EHOH in mid 2020 before the first price bump. If Godzilla is 9k for a premium it might be my last NIB until someone makes my dream theme.

Same here. If it is Godzilla, that will be my last NIB. Spooky will get my money if they make a pin with a theme I want. I just can’t justify a premium for near $9000. At least throw in art blades for cripes sake.

I ordered Halloween CE for my wife that is $499 more than the premium with new price tag. And look how much more you get for your money. Shaker, topper, lighted speakers, side armor, actual back glass, powder coated side rails, lockdown bar, coin door, and custom speaker cover.

So way less than a Stern LE at current prices of $10,500 to $13,000 depending on how much a distributor jacks up the price, and $499 more than a premium.

Plus all Spooky’s editions play the same and have the same game assets. They don’t remove or add a toy or ramp. Only difference is in cosmetics.

I started collecting in 2019 and hate to say I am out already with Stern. Used from now on for me. That’s how I started and that’s how I will go when it comes to stern.

#20297 2 years ago

Need help, I'm in a bad relationship. I was hurt (last two NIBs had ghosting/pooling), but it was made up to me (populated pf and unpopulated pf). We continued talking (playing) and I decided I could get over past flaws and move on with the continued apologies.

So I made two spots (sold two games recently) so that they could move in (ordered two new games last month). Now they say I have to pay their rent (looming price increase). I want to leave, I really do, but I have space... when will this cycle stop.

#20298 2 years ago

So not sure what is factional and or speculation with the price hikes. Yes some dealers may have said but until Stern official announces it I'm not making any decisions.

I can say Pinball is a expensive hobby. However all these pinball company's are going to be hurting bad like when pinball almost died bad.. they are on a roller costar high right now but what goes up must come down. No one wins in a extremely Voltaire market that has been happening not just with pinball but all hobby orientated fields. I just imagine the day when Stern is laying off all the employees and downsizing again and all these other starter companies will go belly up.

I do not know the real reason for price increase and we truly will never know. Only Stern account and Gary/board members will know.

What we all know is ever price increase you alienate more and more people you don't gain more and more people. That is for sure.

Me personally if these price increases turn out to be real.. then I tap out... ditching any preorders I have and living with what machines I currently own. Winter is coming for me... a very very long one..... time to focus my energy some place else.

WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN... ALWAYS!!!

#20299 2 years ago

I understand Stern raising prices. From a business standpoint it probably needs to happen, especially in the current environment.

However, with such a huge backlog, so many people waiting for games, and so many putting orders in with lower pricing... the timing of it is just terrible.

#20300 2 years ago

Honestly, I think that the timing of Stern raising prices on their games and introducing connectivity now is a good sign. I think that they are springing the price increases on us now because they think their next game (or 3) are juggernaut hits. Notice they didn't raise the price as much or add new features at the Led Zeppelin or Mando launch. I am hoping this means the next game is AMAZING!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 406 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/406?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.