Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 402 of 935.
#20051 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Lots of hype for Godzilla, and I do not get it? Horrible movies, horrible toys, and really overhyped. Glad I have zero interest and the theme does nothing for me. NEXT!

Your opinion means nothing to me. Millions of fans around the world. NEXT!

#20052 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

This is what should have already been made!

would make a great translight!

#20053 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

not enough mention of Goonies

Looks like this theme will be available to a new company who will actually make games soon.

#20054 2 years ago
F6D177AC-857C-42F2-934D-0A7320AB81E5 (resized).jpegF6D177AC-857C-42F2-934D-0A7320AB81E5 (resized).jpeg
#20055 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

Your avatar is one of my favorite Movies, I want that… Thing in a Pinball

#20056 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Oh man, depending how they did it a Crazy Taxi pin could be pretty awesome! Have to hit a shot to pick someone up and the hit a shot or series of shots to get them where they want to go. If done right it could be awesome!

Crazy Taxi - no
Space Taxi - YES!

#20057 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Crazy Taxi - no
Space Taxi - YES!

Space Taxi - no
Fake Taxi - YES!

#20058 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Could you imagine?! Id be all over it.

#20059 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Could Even do a pin based on the "crazy taxi" video game featuring Offspring music as the game did. But I dont think well see offsrping either way. Would be pretty far down the list for me too.

Another flashback. I had that game on Dreamcast (another of my great investments) but it was addictive. I can almost imagine in my head the route through the city for the times trial thing. But yeh agree, Offspring pin not getting made anytime soon.

#20060 2 years ago

I wonder how much Godzilla LEs will be going for? Think Stern will make 1000 this time?

#20061 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I wonder how much Godzilla LEs will be going for?

If I had to take a wild guess, $11.5k

#20062 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I wonder how much Godzilla LEs will be going for? Think Stern will make 1000 this time?

Was told 9500 msrp. If distributors charge more, I won't buy it. I understand a cost increase due to shortage of parts and labor so not concerned with that, but I won't be gouged by them.

#20063 2 years ago

It will be interesting to see if the upcoming price increase will impact sales.

Quoted from hiker2099:

On second thought…. 007 could be done in a way where each actor has a mode corresponding to their greatest villain e.g. Connery-Dr. No, money penny/Q/M could be multipliers, bumpers could be Bond girls, Astin martin toy, multiball=Thunderball. Return lanes=gadgets.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Was told 9500 msrp. If distributors charge more, I won't buy it. I understand a cost increase due to shortage of parts and labor so not concerned with that, but I won't be gouged by them.

#20064 2 years ago

All the people who keep guessing astronomical price increases ( and have for years ) are the ones normalizing those prices and signaling to the manufacturers that you’re willing to pay more . Congrats ! Your plan worked & it will keep working for as long as you implement it . If I produced widgets and my primary customer base on a widget forum speculated $1000 price increase with each new model you better believe that as a manufacturer I would meet those expectations .

#20065 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I understand. I was referring to the people who are willing to be gouged. Many paid in excess of $12000 for Mando LE whether to dealers or flippers. Something tells me that GZ LE will be the same.

For myself, I am not willing either. I buy LEs because they have the most in them and also usually hold their value the best. Now that you have to lock in on LEs way ahead of time or pay a huge price, I will be sticking to premiums if I buy NIB. The additional advantage to buying Premiums is there is zero FOMO. Premiums come out last and them make them for years if it's a good game.

#20066 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I understand. I was referring to the people who are willing to be gouged. Many paid in excess of $12000 for Mando LE whether to dealers or flippers. Something tells me that GZ LE will be the same.
For myself, I am not willing either. I buy LEs because they have the most in them and also usually hold their value the best. Now that you have to lock in on LEs way ahead of time or pay a huge price, I will be sticking to premiums if I buy NIB. The additional advantage to buying Premiums is there is zero FOMO. Premiums come out last and them make them for years if it's a good game.

I am hoping Stern make 1000 GZLEs or maybe even more. Enough to satisfy demand and stop the flipping. Pinball pricing is crazy and unsustainable.

#20067 2 years ago

Hi,
A long time i didn’t have logged there.
Can someone be nice enough to recap me when approximately the next stern would be announced and which titles are likely been coming out (or still rumors)?
Thanks

#20068 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I guess for me it will come down to artwork. Im sure I can get my le for msrp, even a bit less as in the past. My problem with a premium is its usually 6 months out, and I'm bored of the game by then and ready to move on. But this may be a special game ,so who knows????

#20069 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
A long time i didn’t have logged there.
Can someone be nice enough to recap me when approximately the next stern would be announced and which titles are likely been coming out (or still rumors)?
Thanks

September is Godzilla or "Godzilla"
December is Rush and/or BTTF
March is BTTF or James Bond

#20070 2 years ago

I do not think price increases are going to go over to well and ultimately backfire down the road.
Especially if people are having to wait 6-8 months to get told they have to wait another couple months.

I know a lot of the middle class families are not going to spend an extra 500 - 1000 bucks in 2022 as
they are not going to be getting the full tax credit. That will put a squeeze on NIB purchase for some
as they won't have that Tax money. Also think after a year of supply chain waiting and not happy campers
people will spend elsewhere.

How do you follow up Mando anyway? Godzilla ( maybe ) not sure a BTTF will hold up against folks
who still want some of the other titles.

Unless - something else changes the game.....

#20071 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am hoping Stern make 1000 GZLEs or maybe even more. Enough to satisfy demand and stop the flipping. Pinball pricing is crazy and unsustainable.

Agree with your point that if Stern made more LE’s to meet demand, then prices would not be crazy. So what if for Godzilla, let’s say Stern said they are selling no more than 1,750 LE’s at $10.5k. They would plan to run and sell the first 1k LE’s immediately, with follow up runs tbd. The first run may be enough to satisfy demand and if not then more runs of up to 750 LE’s could be made. While disappointing some because they would not be able to flip their LE’s for guaranteed profit, it would keep their market price close to MSRP level. In that case everybody wins. Guy buying game initially pays msrp, guy buying nib from dealer when Stern makes another run a year later pays msrp, guy buying a HUO pin can expect to pay close to msrp. With this approach, we have just reduced the risk of price gouging in the product’s lifecycle.

A side benefit of announcing a ridiculous number of LE’s is that it gives one pause about how special that LE would be. It might influence many of those buyers into the premium model instead and they would feel good about it. Some LE’s have nice extra’s and better graphics, while others do not and might not be worth paying more for.

#20072 2 years ago

I'd prefer they keep the le at a maximum of 750, 500 is even better. Not for resale, but to give a person who wants to have something special. I have no idea how to keep them out of flippers hands tho

#20073 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Flippers. Not collectors.
My guess that the reason Stern doesn't do direct sales is just because of ancient legacy relationships. Old boys' club. Might change when Gary leaves.

Selling consumer direct is no east feat when you're putting out as many games stern does in a year. there are many reasons not to go consumer direct - Tech service being a huge one. They may modify their distribution channel to commercial only and home retailers but i would highly doubt they'd ever want to go all consumer direct. They also don't want to piss of their distribution network by directly competing against them. The only way i see them going consumer direct would be on special LE models and to the influencer's in the pinball world (which they kinda already do with the Stern Army/ IFPA rewards program).

#20074 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Agree with your point that if Stern made more LE’s to meet demand, then prices would not be crazy. So what if for Godzilla, let’s say Stern said they are selling no more than 1,750 LE’s at $10.5k. They would plan to run and sell the first 1k LE’s immediately, with follow up runs tbd. The first run may be enough to satisfy demand and if not then more runs of up to 750 LE’s could be made. While disappointing some because they would not be able to flip their LE’s for guaranteed profit, it would keep their market price close to MSRP level. In that case everybody wins. Guy buying game initially pays msrp, guy buying nib from dealer when Stern makes another run a year later pays msrp, guy buying a HUO pin can expect to pay close to msrp. With this approach, we have just reduced the risk of price gouging in the product’s lifecycle.
A side benefit of announcing a ridiculous number of LE’s is that it gives one pause about how special that LE would be. It might influence many of those buyers into the premium model instead and they would feel good about it. Some LE’s have nice extra’s and better graphics, while others do not and might not be worth paying more for.

Yes exactly. I think the manufacturers need to increase the LE supply to meet demand. Exactly as you have said, make enough so everybody that wants one has the opportunity to buy one direct from the manufacturer within a certain time frame. This will get rid of FOMO and flipping for profit.

Pinball nearly died a slow death in the early 2000's. Really high pricing and people could not see the value so stopped buying and operating games. People had less access to games so stopped playing all together. If pricing for machines keeps going up, the same thing will happen again.

#20075 2 years ago

Bah. Just buy a premium and quitcher bitchin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20076 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Lots of hype for Godzilla, and I do not get it? Horrible movies, horrible toys, and really overhyped. Glad I have zero interest and the theme does nothing for me. NEXT!

Each to their own man...Conversely, I couldn't give a stuff about BTTF personally as much as there are a ton of people clamoring for it! But bring on Godzilla...

Quoted from Squizz:

This is what should have already been made!
[quoted image]

Yep been wanting to see this for years now. By the sound, it's not on the Stern agenda for a bit if we have Godzilla, BTTF, Bond as next possible titles. So I guess we'll wait a while longer. Mind you some good titles on the way to tide us over if rumours prove correct.

#20077 2 years ago

If Sterns next line of pins is godz, rush, back future, bond… It’s going to save operators a lot of $$$. That group of titles screams 4 flaming turds on location.

#20078 2 years ago

Does any body know the line up as far as who’s turn is it to design a game. IMO that will make a big difference in my purchase decision. Would love to have an elwin on BTTF but fear he is probably Godzilla.

#20079 2 years ago
Quoted from Cruster:

If Sterns next line of pins is godz, rush, back future, bond… It’s going to save operators a lot of $$$. That group of titles screams 4 flaming turds on location.

Data East BTTF (while being a steaming turd of a game) tends to be a top earner on many operator routes.

#20080 2 years ago

An Elwin Godzilla will earn well on location with pinheads AND kids who love anything that resembles a dinosaur.

Quoted from Cruster:

#20081 2 years ago

Bug at Spooky says The Thing is his favorite flick so maybe we’ll get two John Carpenter pins in a row from them. It sure as hell won’t be Stern who does it haha.

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

#20082 2 years ago
F5DE9557-06DF-41C6-8FFD-76F3B87BC409 (resized).jpegF5DE9557-06DF-41C6-8FFD-76F3B87BC409 (resized).jpeg
#20083 2 years ago

While i have no interest in Godzilla and even less in Rush whatever the designer, BTTF and Bond are great themes in my book, in the top of my wishes regarding Bond, then there are pins i would like to own if done right

#20084 2 years ago

In many ways we are fortunate to have themed pins where they actually license the real product. Many years ago they wouldn't do it, but give you something "close". I rember the crazy Beatle years that gave us the pin "The Beat". Any one play "South Carolina Sam"? That's only because Indiana Jones didn't come out in 1964. Y'all can complain all you want but in many ways these are the good old days of pinball. I've got my fingers crossed for a Godzipper or Black Sabbatical.

#20085 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Since we're talking about music pins by awesome bands that will never be made . . .
Rammstein
Slayer
Lamb of God
Arch Enemy

That would be a dream list for sure.

#20086 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Many years ago they wouldn't do it, but give you something "close". I rember the crazy Beatle years that gave us the pin "The Beat". Any one play "South Carolina Sam"? That's only because Indiana Jones didn't come out in 1964. Y'all can complain all you want but in many ways these are the good old days of pinball. I've got my fingers crossed for a Godzipper or Black Sabbatical.

IMG_20210824_211845 (resized).jpgIMG_20210824_211845 (resized).jpg
#20087 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

While i have no interest in Godzilla and even less in Rush whatever the designer, BTTF and Bond are great themes in my book, in the top of my wishes regarding Bond, then there are pins i would like to own if done right

Even though I'm a big fan of Rush I didn't really want another music pin...until I played Led Zeppelin which is the machine I now like the most at my local pinball place. So now I'm curious to see where they'd go with a Rush pin. BTTF I very much want, and Bond could be cool depending on the generation they go with.

#20088 2 years ago

George Lazenby Bond… J/K lol

#20089 2 years ago

When will Stern announce the next game?

#20090 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

George Lazenby Bond… J/K lol

People dog it because it was a one-off, but it's actually a pretty great Bond movie.

#20091 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Supposedly mid-late Sept.

#20092 2 years ago

Is it possible Stern picks up The Matrix license?

#20093 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Next Saturday marks 4mo. since Mandalorian was announced so something must be coming soon...

#20094 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

People dog it because it was a one-off, but it's actually a pretty great Bond movie.

It’s horrible in my opinion because of the angles of the camera shots and quick cuts they do throughout the movie. As far as George, he breaks the fourth wall in the first scene and it throws me off the rest of the movie. LOL

#20095 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Bug at Spooky says The Thing is his favorite flick so maybe we’ll get two John Carpenter pins in a row from them. It sure as hell won’t be Stern who does it haha.

This for sure my wife would dig. It would be a great choice imo.

#20096 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is it possible Stern picks up The Matrix license?

Idk. I was in High School when the first Matrix came out and while it was amazing at the time, Id have zero interest in it as a pinball theme. Its not a movie id go back and watch these days. It was just an above average 90s action flick. Id rather have the cheesier 80s action flicks if thats the case.
Tango and Cash the game

#20097 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

It’s horrible in my opinion because of the angles of the camera shots and quick cuts they do throughout the movie. As far as George, he breaks the fourth wall in the first scene and it throws me off the rest of the movie. LOL

In the oeuvre of Bond, there are WAY worse 007 movies than On Her Majesty's Secret Service. It probably ranks somewhere high in the top third of a list of all of them. It also has Telly Savalas (Who loves ya, baby?!) and Diana Rigg. Great action scenes, too. Way ahead of their time.

#20098 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Completely agree.

#20099 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Completely agree.

I know it’s not the worse but it grossed the 3rd lowest amount in the franchise.

#20100 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I know it’s not the worse but it grossed the 3rd lowest amount in the franchise.

That's because people wanted Sean. That was THE first changing of the guard in the Bond series. Of course there would be backlash. People not going to see it simply because it wasn't Sean, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 46,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 402 of 935.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/402?hl=phantasmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.