enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 923.
#20001 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

James Bond would probably be the most expensive pin ever made, considering the mammoth licensing costs. Luckily, I don't care about any of that stuff so I made my own....virtually. 50 features to celebrate 50 years of Bond. At the time, the most ambitious pinball project I've ever worked on. Every song from all the films is in the game (selectable via a Jukebox function)...and I deliberately left out George Lazenby...the crap Bond.
Back in 2011, I was already using LCDs with movie clips in my games, and stuck the screen in the center of the playfield. Very cool.
Full ruleset on my website, if you fancy a gander.....https://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium/bond-50-rules
[quoted image]

Is that a dedicated virtual pin with a bond cabinet or a game screenshot on pc?

#20002 2 years ago

OCD is real my friends .We all have it ,some more than others LMFAO !

#20003 2 years ago

I stand my ground ,at some point they need to break into the 90s n 00s with a music pin .Maybe combine a few if they have to although I don’t know how that would work licensing .Limp Bizkit,Korn,and Velvet Revolver all have music made for pinball .Nirvana and Pearl Jamb could stand on they’re own for sure .Foo Fighters sell out stadiums for Pete’s sake.I’m starting to think I’ll end up with all music pins at some point theres just that extra Umpf with them .Also what about the Glam Rock era ? The Crue (should be done already )Def Leppatd ,OZZY! Then current Slipknot ,Disturbed .With a new group of younger people jumping in why not give them something in they’re era ? It’s the only way pinball will move forward after the core is gone .This hobby has dabbled in some current stuff but the majority of releases is geared toward the older crowd .What will happen to pinball if themes keep in the past ? Thoughts welcomed .

#20004 2 years ago

Goldfinger would be awesome. Who wouldn't want the Pussy Galore LE? Only problem is the Goldfinger LE would probably have the hideous gold chrome finish like on TAFG or LOTR LE. Ugh, two of the worst looking games of all time for sure.

#20005 2 years ago

Would love to see some Hip Hop also but I’m not sure that crowd is into pinball .Beastie Boys or Eminem would be the obvious choices to test the market and if it hits bring on DMC,Public Enemy,Dre/Snoop .Sorry Country I don’t think your music fits with pinball although I wouldn’t doubt that would sell to a select group .Just do what Soooky did ,1 layout with 3 different themes .1 has to be the obvious Metal theme with a Hip Hop and Country being very limited .Take a leap of faith Stern your the only one that can pull that off .I’d suggest Nirvana as the main ,Eminem and Kenny Chesney .One design team with the same layout and put ZY on it with some help .Make it happen to help bridge the obvious gap that’s on the horizon .

#20006 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I stand my ground ,at some point they need to break into the 90s n 00s with a music pin .

I definitely agree that more modern music (20 to 30 years old, haha) could be a viable theme but the trick (I think) is to find something that has endured. Limp Bizkit, Korn, and Nu Metal in general was just a major fad as far as I can tell. You need a band that was huge in its time AND has stuck around. Look at the music pins we've seen so far: Elvis, The Rolling Stones, ACDC, Metallica, Kiss, etc. They were huge in they're time but have had a lasting legacy in pop culture. In my opinion, Nirvana would fit that bill BUT they don't embody the same Rock N Roll attitude of the other bands I've mentioned. There's something about a Nirvana pinball machine that feels disingenuous to their whole identity, maybe if Cobain didn't die and they kept touring since 94 but I don't know, something feels off. Even Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper feel like they don't fit the mold but I think Spooky makes it work because they're a "boo-tique" company.

At this point, I feel like a music festival type approach with a semi-modern soundtrack might be a good way to go to capture the "spirit" of the era without relying on one single band.

#20007 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

At this point, I feel like a music festival type approach with a semi-modern soundtrack might be a good way to go to capture the "spirit" of the era without relying on one single band.

Re-theme AIQ as Vans Warped Tour circa 1995-2000 please and thank you.

#20008 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I've been waiting for a Monsters of Rock tour-themed pin. It would be a way for all the metal bands that aren't big enough to have their own pin to get represented.

#20009 2 years ago

I still think Muse is one of the best choices for a more modern music pin. They keep putting out albums with a different feel to them and they still sell out stadiums. Plus they have tons of videos to pull assets from.

#20010 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

At this point, I feel like a music festival type

What about Woodstock the pin .
Grab a couple songs off a few of the artists .
You could have a bad acid mode , opposite flippers and the screen goes all rainbows

#20011 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What about Woodstock the pin .
Grab a couple songs off a few of the artists .
You could have a bad acid mode , opposite flippers and the screen goes all rainbows

Been wanting Woodstock too, but id really like a Jimi Hendrix pin!

#20012 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Goldfinger would be awesome. Who wouldn't want the Pussy Galore LE? Only problem is the Goldfinger LE would probably have the hideous gold chrome finish like on TAFG or LOTR LE. Ugh, two of the worst looking games of all time for sure.

Maybe if they just pick one actor and all the villains they had.

#20013 2 years ago

Beastie Boys anyone? Intergalactic theme?

#20014 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Been wanting Woodstock too, but id really like a Jimi Hendrix pin!

That could be pretty awesome!

#20015 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is that a dedicated virtual pin with a bond cabinet or a game screenshot on pc?

Future Pinball virtual game

#20016 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Beastie Boys anyone?

This is the most obvious choice for newer music with wide demo. Insta-buy for me.

#20017 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I still think Muse is one of the best choices for a more modern music pin. They keep putting out albums with a different feel to them and they still sell out stadiums. Plus they have tons of videos to pull assets from.

I love Muse, and they have some weird videos that would make great pin fodder, but I don't think a Muse pin would be commercially successful.

#20018 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I definitely agree that more modern music (20 to 30 years old, haha) could be a viable theme but the trick (I think) is to find something that has endured. Limp Bizkit, Korn, and Nu Metal in general was just a major fad as far as I can tell. You need a band that was huge in its time AND has stuck around. Look at the music pins we've seen so far: Elvis, The Rolling Stones, ACDC, Metallica, Kiss, etc. They were huge in they're time but have had a lasting legacy in pop culture. In my opinion, Nirvana would fit that bill BUT they don't embody the same Rock N Roll attitude of the other bands I've mentioned. There's something about a Nirvana pinball machine that feels disingenuous to their whole identity, maybe if Cobain didn't die and they kept touring since 94 but I don't know, something feels off. Even Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper feel like they don't fit the mold but I think Spooky makes it work because they're a "boo-tique" company.

Disturbed would be a good contender.

#20019 2 years ago

The top three band t-shirt sales globally...

1. ACDC
2. Aerosmith
3. Queen

#20020 2 years ago

Absolutely, no.

Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Disturbed would be a good contender.

#20021 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

.Take a leap of faith Stern your the only one that can pull that off .I’d suggest Nirvana as the main ,Eminem and Kenny Chesney .One design team with the same layout and put ZY on it with some help .Make it happen to help bridge the obvious gap that’s on the horizon .

This song fits nicely for testing the waters:

4686B9E4-A5D5-4400-8D1C-2F39483A317C (resized).jpeg4686B9E4-A5D5-4400-8D1C-2F39483A317C (resized).jpeg
#20022 2 years ago

Queen or M. Jackson and I would insta-Purchase.
Beastie Boys for 90’s
Green Day for 00’s
Retro- Rocky Horror Picture Show
Imagine Dragons for 10’s.

So many options.

#20023 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

It would be hilarious to have that be a career pin where you have to mow people's lawns and roof their houses without knowing how while on your pre-fame missions.

#20024 2 years ago

Music Pins I'd like to see (in order):
Pink Floyd
Green Day
Queen
Offspring

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#20025 2 years ago

I agree Green Day would be awesome. Misfits, Ramones, and A.W.K. too.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20026 2 years ago

Green Day or Red Hot Chili Peppers would be good - love rollercoaster multi ball ! Also , back to ancient rock , we need Van Halen and Queen .

#20027 2 years ago

PEARL JAM

Scarface
Usual Suspects
Braveheart

PEARL JAM

Top Gun

#20028 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Music Pins I'd like to see (in order):
Pink Floyd
Green Day
Queen
Offspring[quoted image]

Wow hadnt thought of offspring. That would absolutely work. Their sound/songs has some pinball crazy to it

#20029 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

PEARL JAM
Scarface
Usual Suspects
Braveheart
PEARL JAM
Top Gun

Wow. Funny how different people can have different tastes. To me Pearl Jam and Top Gun would be the ultimate in HARD PASS. No way I would allow either into my house even if I won one for free. Same for M Jackson I saw posted above, ugh. On the other hand Scarface would be awesome. Not sure about Usual Suspects as a pin, but it is a great movie none the less.

#20030 2 years ago

Since we're talking about music pins by awesome bands that will never be made . . .

Rammstein
Slayer
Lamb of God
Arch Enemy

#20031 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Queen or M. Jackson and I would insta-Purchase.
Beastie Boys for 90’s
Green Day for 00’s
Retro- Rocky Horror Picture Show
So many options.

Green Day 00's lol
They peaked in '94

#20032 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Since we're talking about music pins

I was listening to Beethoven's Ode To Joy performed by a flash mob. And it got me to thinking. Could a music pinball machine be done in flash mob style ?

Wouldn't necessarily have to be classical. Flash mobs have done a lot of variety. As you work your way through the game you add more musicians, instruments, and singers.

LTG : )

#20033 2 years ago

‘Love Rollercoaster’ is an Ohio Players song. Also, RHCP is one of the most godawful bands in the history of music. They only ever wrote two good songs. The rest of their catalog is an amalgamation of mega cringe white funk coupled with douchey Californian tropes and clown shit sonic failures. Just my opinion.

Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Green Day or Red Hot Chili Peppers would be good - love rollercoaster multi ball ! Also , back to ancient rock , we need Van Halen and Queen .

#20034 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Re-theme AIQ as Vans Warped Tour circa 1995-2000 please and thank you.

That would actually fit the layout perfectly. That is, the Prem/LE layout with the additional CM shot. Wouldn't necessarily be a theme that I would die for but you're spot on, that theme is absolutely perfect for the layout.

#20035 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Since we're talking about music pins by awesome bands that will never be made . . .

Rammstein

So much material to use in a pin. Hope someone makes it.

#20036 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Wow hadnt thought of offspring. That would absolutely work. Their sound/songs has some pinball crazy to it

Could Even do a pin based on the "crazy taxi" video game featuring Offspring music as the game did. But I dont think well see offsrping either way. Would be pretty far down the list for me too.

#20037 2 years ago

Queen should be on top. How that wouldn’t be an ultimate rock pin I would never know. Oh wait I thought the same for Led Zeppelin till Stern screwed that one up.

#20038 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Let's not and say we did. Each and every one of their "stomp / clap" songs blow.

#20039 2 years ago

While every music themed pin will have it's fans and haters, i think i would be most excited for a new concept with fun play and an original theme. could be awesome.

#20040 2 years ago

December or March?

FB_IMG_1629668891416 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1629668891416 (resized).jpg
#20041 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

December or March?
[quoted image]

Took me a second to recognize Christopher Lloyd, haven’t seen him in awhile. I’d like to see a new BTTF pin, not sure where it slots in between the rumors of Godzilla, Rush, and 007.

#20042 2 years ago

BTTF just not 2020

BTTF (resized).pngBTTF (resized).png
#20043 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Let's not and say we did. Each and every one of their "stomp / clap" songs blow.

Im definatly not defending Imagine Dragons here but id love a Queen game and their stomp, stomp/clap game is fierce.

#20044 2 years ago

Monty python pin would have great call outs. 1, 2, 5. 3 sir.

#20045 2 years ago

Probably 30 years to late but Spaceballs the pin. Need it. I really would love a Queen game though if done right.

#20046 2 years ago

This is what should have already been made!

45th Jaws (resized).jpg45th Jaws (resized).jpg
#20047 2 years ago

Lots of hype for Godzilla, and I do not get it? Horrible movies, horrible toys, and really overhyped. Glad I have zero interest and the theme does nothing for me. NEXT!

#20048 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Could Even do a pin based on the "crazy taxi" video game featuring Offspring music as the game did. But I dont think well see offsrping either way. Would be pretty far down the list for me too.

Oh man, depending how they did it a Crazy Taxi pin could be pretty awesome! Have to hit a shot to pick someone up and the hit a shot or series of shots to get them where they want to go. If done right it could be awesome!

#20049 2 years ago

Love to see Jaws and BTTF. Really hope the Supply chain issues get resolved quickly though. I imagine that this is starting
to hurt most / if not all Stern's distributors.

My prediction is a new income stream for Stern with some kind of online / network play that is fully backward compatible
involving some readily available parts. I almost feel that some virtual pins connected to same network would even generate
some $ for those people that can afford to spend $ on a virtual table for switch, x-box, steam or Playstation. Especially with
the very hyped Steam system coming to Christmas trees in 2021 ( how is this supply chain immune ).

Next game. Supply Chain warfare......

#20050 2 years ago

Everyone always mentions BTTF, JAWS, Beetlejuice, and Black Sabbath but not enough mention of Goonies or Jumanji? Both games would make for an excellent journey style game-lots of deep options in terms of code. Make it so

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/401?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.