balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 923.
#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

after getting my acdc luci ve idgaf about any of the new sterns for 2018. another sle money grab for suckers? live and learn people avoid those like the plague.
spike 2 has power issues and cant handle mods? what a joke.
right now i am looking at spooky tna, alice cooper and chicago gaming revivals.

Definitely give Houdini a look. Very impressive, fun game.

#1952 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely give Houdini a look. Very impressive, fun game.

yes i overlooked that one, great pins out there and not enough cash!

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Iron Maiden sucks so F'n bad
I might buy one if the art, code & PF are legit tho
But FFS what an absolute terrible catalog of music
Old bastards, white trash & poser metal heads feel free to apply more thumbs down my way
I'm just here to troll you dirtbags anyway lol

Enjoy your Aerosmith, dirtbag.

#1954 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Iron Maiden sucks so F'n bad
I might buy one if the art, code & PF are legit tho
But FFS what an absolute terrible catalog of music
Old bastards, white trash & poser metal heads feel free to apply more thumbs down my way
I'm just here to troll you dirtbags anyway lol

Dawm good for Pinball to have a Dirt bag loser like you running around here pooping on stuff ! Lots of theme i d'ont like at all but i d'ont go pooping around on stuff others like .

#1955 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Dawm good for Pinball to have a Dirt bag loser like you running around here pooping on stuff ! Lots of theme i d'ont like at all but i d'ont go pooping around on stuff others like .

Sorry, I thought it was obvious I was embellishing my emotions.

Wolf T-shirts, dream catchers, Ford Tempos... I’m not usually sober or serious here.

#1956 6 years ago

B79772DD-788C-4FAE-85BE-5B2FFD7AAF49.jpegB79772DD-788C-4FAE-85BE-5B2FFD7AAF49.jpeg

#1957 6 years ago

Brian Eddy is a genius. Great to hear!

#1958 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern...
They still haven’t finished my Aerosmith
They somehow made a Star Wars pin I don’t want
They coded the beautiful GOTG so poorly I won’t buy it
They lost rights to Pulp Fiction (rumored)
They lost the rights to Elvira (rumored)
They are making the most white trash dirtbag rock band pin ever (Iron Maiden)
If Munesters is true I bet it’s kapow collab. They like to make expensive old shit.
Why am I even here?
Oh yeah, to see when they update Aerosmith & to follow the CGC unboxing threads/updates.

Great question, why are you here?

#1959 6 years ago

Lots of industry hires over past six months. Now Brian Eddy. Love it!

#1960 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Great question, why are you here?

Selfish reasons mostly.

You?

#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It doesn't sound like this year to me, and Gomez was doing significant verbal acrobatics to come up with the words he used, so it sounds like there are problems. My opinion.

I was there. Didn’t get that impression. He reiterated twice the Elvira 3 will be made.

#1962 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Selfish reasons mostly.
You?

Because I'm not a selfish douchebag, mostly.

#1963 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I was there. Didn’t get that impression. He reiterated twice the Elvira 3 will be made.

I didn't say it wouldn't be made AT ALL. I said it doesn't look like this year, based on his answer yesterday. And given that it has no software and no engineer almost 1/3 of the way through 2018, I think that's right. 2019 at the earliest.

#1964 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Lots of industry hires over past six months. Now Brian Eddy. Love it!

Yep, and I hope the pinball market keeps growing. But, sustainability with this growing annual influx of machines is a worry...

#1965 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Because I'm not a selfish douchebag, mostly.

Wait, that's what I meant to say too.

Can I change my answer?

#1966 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't say it wouldn't be made AT ALL. I said it doesn't look like this year, based on his answer yesterday. And given that it has no software and no engineer almost 1/3 of the way through 2018, I think that's right. 2019 at the earliest.

Agreed. 2019.

#1967 6 years ago

Just getting back home from TPF and this is my thoughts on the flight home.., Spooky and others had great shows. What ever game Stern puts out next needs to blow people’s socks off...

#1968 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just getting back home from TPF and this is my thoughts on the flight home.., Spooky and others had great shows. What ever game Stern puts out next needs to blow people’s socks off...

Im sure Sterns next game will be good but if it isnt for some odd reason they have like 8 or 9 good games that you can buy right now now so I wouldn’t say its do or die by any means. I just bought a MET that blows my socks off, so it doesnt have to be the newest game.

#1969 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Well rumour has it that it's being designed by the best pinball player... in the world. So there's that.

#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nice that Brian Eddy is coming on at Stern.

This is huge. I’m surprised it has taken this long for someone to lure him back into the ring, and I’m so glad deeproot didn’t get him. Can’t wait to see what he comes up with for his first new game.

I wonder if he’d ever do both design and code on a game again like he did with Shadow?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Gomez made a wink-wink reference to a Lord of the Rings vault edition in the process of answering a question about putting LCDs in vaults.

Seems like a logical move, hope this means they’ve figured out the licensing. If they can clean up the print quality and improve the sound they’ll sell plenty of these.

#1971 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This is huge. I’m surprised it has taken this long for someone to lure him back into the ring, and I’m so glad deeproot didn’t get him. Can’t wait to see what he comes up with for his first new game.
I wonder if he’d ever do both design and code on a game again like he did with Shadow?

Seems like a logical move, hope this means they’ve figured out the licensing. If they can clean up the print quality and improve the sound they’ll sell plenty of these.

Brian Eddy doing Led Zeppelin. Maybe that’s how they got him

#1972 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wait, that's what I meant to say too.
Can I change my answer?

Well, I got scolded for not being "Nice". I hope I didn't offend an admitted troll..

#1973 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Well rumour has it that it's being designed by the best pinball player... in the world. So there's that.

Trust me I hope more than anything that Sterns next pin is fantastic.

I just see a lot of other companies putting some great products out with more great product in the pipeline.

This is not a diss to Stern by any means.

It is a very competitive time in pinball manufacturing. This is a good thing for the consumers!

Keith Elwin pin can’t wait to see it!

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well, I got scolded for not being "Nice". I hope I didn't offend an admitted troll..

Uh, oh. Broke rule #2, don't talk about being modded.

#1975 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Trust me I hope more than anything that Sterns next pin is fantastic.
I just see a lot of other companies putting some great products out with more great product in the pipeline.
This is not a diss to Stern by any means.
It is a very competitive time in pinball manufacturing. This is a good thing for the consumers!
Keith Elwin pin can’t wait to see it!

Do any other pinball companies out there have 8 or 9 great pins that you can buy right now and have them shipped to your house tomorrow?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1976 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do any other pinball companies out there have 8 or 9 great pins that you can buy right now and have them shipped to your house tomorrow?

Probably not 8-9 pins. But a few have some really nice ones on the herizion.

#1977 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Probably not 8-9 pins. But a few have some really nice ones on the herizion.

So does Stern,....... Iron Maiden, Elvira, and rumored to be having Dead Pool and The Munsters too! These games will be made by the best designers and coders in the business also. GOTG is also getting a major code overhaul. That game could turn into a mega hit real easy with its playfield design, theme, and artwork! There is lots of exciting things going on at Stern right now as well!

#1978 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So does Stern,....... Iron Maiden, Elvira, and rumored to be having Dead Pool and The Munsters too! These games will be made by the best designers and coders in the business also. GOTG is also getting a major code overhaul. That game could turn into a mega hit real easy with its playfield design, theme, and artwork! There is lots of exciting things going on at Stern right now as well!

Agreed, I am waiting for my LUCI.

045C0019-6852-48F1-AA03-5CBDF213F5F9.jpeg045C0019-6852-48F1-AA03-5CBDF213F5F9.jpeg

6E5E618B-2128-44BD-9CD4-C96EF0D8A872.jpeg6E5E618B-2128-44BD-9CD4-C96EF0D8A872.jpeg

#1979 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sorry to hear that.

We're just weird pinball forum people blindly praising or bashing a game none has yet to see anyway.

Let me buy you a beer & a wolf shirt to call a truce.

#1980 6 years ago

Facebook Stern Pinball.

8A703214-2E92-43F3-84DB-1736D3571C42.jpeg8A703214-2E92-43F3-84DB-1736D3571C42.jpeg

#1981 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Uh, oh. Broke rule #2, don't talk about being modded.

What's rule #3, might as well go for the Trifecta.

#1982 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What's rule #3, might as well go for the Trifecta.

Rule #3 don't ask about the rules

#1983 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Dunno. Never got to #3. I just know about #1 and #2 firsthand.

#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

#4 might be?? I don’t ask about rules #3... But we can speculate ???

#1985 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sorry to hear that.
We're just weird pinball forum people blindly praising or bashing a game none has yet to see anyway.

Quoted from PW79:

Sorry to hear that.

Thing is, people know the music and what we expect art wise so those of us who are interested have positive feel for the game. You know the same as us, but instead of just saying not interested, or not commenting at all, you basically called a bunch of us white trash. Which in my case might be true lol, but still.

Anyway, peace!

#1986 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It does, why? POTC is still months away from production, ACNC looks good and all but theres only 500 and they will take time to produce. Houdini looks great but same thing, Stern will have a new game out and delivered with another on the way before most people see these other pins, and like Who-Dey mentioned theres many to choose from still in production or out of production in the used market. Stern has nothing to worry about, well except for pinsiders and their delightful way.

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It does, why? POTC is still months away from production, ACNC looks good and all but theres only 500 and they will take time to produce. Houdini looks great but same thing, Stern will have a new game out and delivered with another on the way before most people see these other pins, and like Who-Dey mentioned theres many to choose from still in production or out of production in the used market. Stern has nothing to worry about, well except for pinsiders and their delightful way.

They have something to worry about if people hold off on buying a Stern for these other titles.

#1988 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They have something to worry about if people hold off on buying a Stern for these other titles.

Or if Sterns continue to look even crappier by comparison when small shops like Spooky and AP are even starting to show them up with game features and price and Stern's cost cutting finally starts cutting into actual sales (which I *think* is already happening, but if it isn't, it will).

#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or if Sterns continue to look even crappier by comparison when small shops like Spooky and AP are even starting to show them up with game features and price and Stern's cost cutting finally starts cutting into actual sales (which I *think* is already happening, but if it isn't, it will).

And this is based on what information, exactly?
Cause last info released from Stern said they were up significantly, year over year.

But hey, I’m sure you have some kind of accurate information and you’re not just spewing hate in a Stern thread, right?

#1990 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Cause last info released from Stern said they were up significantly, year over year.
But hey, I’m sure you have some kind of accurate information and you’re not just spewing hate in a Stern thread, right?

And you are probably right, but I was insta buy on a Maiden LE. Told my distro I'm out due to many lingering issues with code, qc etc. They are a year behind on code and when there were no other players, they got by. Now? They have some real competition, so for now yes, they still dominate. In a year, 2 years from now?? Probably won't matter, I'm betting Gary cashes out before the hit on the bottom line occures.

#1991 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Stern is releasing sales information now? Since when? If you mean the "sales guy" talking, that's as worthless as my speculation.

#1992 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern is releasing sales information now? Since when? If you mean the "sales guy" talking, that's as worthless as my speculation.

Didn’t Josh say something about Stern revenue being up 30% year over year? Not that you have to believe it, but presumably he was authorized to talk by Stern.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-this-be-true-stern-revenue-up-40-in-2016-and-30-in-2017

I know you’re deeply pissed at Stern these days, but translating that into wishful thinking about their sales numbers is, well, wishful thinking. It may be that the competition will one day eat into their sales. But with them moving into a much larger facility a few years back and now going on a hiring spree, what evidence we do have seems to point in the opposite direction.

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Didn’t Josh say something about Stern revenue being up 30% year over year? Not that you have to believe it, but presumably he was authorized to talk by Stern.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-this-be-true-stern-revenue-up-40-in-2016-and-30-in-2017
I know you’re deeply pissed at Stern these days, but translating that into wishful thinking about their sales numbers is, well, wishful thinking. It may be that the competition will one day eat into their sales. But with them moving into a much larger facility a few years back and now going on a hiring spree, what evidence we do have seems to point in the opposite direction.

Percentages are fantastic for managing reality. If I sell 1 item year one, and 2 items year two, I've had an 100% increase in just one year! That's way more impressive-sounding than saying I sold two items in a year.

Certain terms are also useful for managing perception. "Revenue" doesn't necessarily mean pinball sales alone.

That's fluff-talk, also known as glittering generalities. Salesman talk. Pay it little mind. They have no responsibility to the public to be honest about their financials as they're not a public company.

#1994 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Certain terms are also useful for managing perception. "Revenue" doesn't necessarily mean pinball sales alone.

I would bet their $500 toppers and other accessories had some help in driving up the "revenue".

#1995 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well in my opinion no one who really wants Iron Maiden will hold off for Pirates and Alice but who knows.

#1996 6 years ago

BBH HD? integrated gun video mode = AWESOME

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Percentages are fantastic for managing reality. If I sell 1 item year one, and 2 items year two, I've had an 100% increase in just one year! That's way more impressive-sounding than saying I sold two items in a year.
That's fluff-talk, also known as glittering generalities. Salesman talk. Pay it little mind. They have no responsibility to the public to be honest about their financials as they're not a public company.

Uhh... no.
Stern shared some info, finally.
It’s head and shoulders more accurate as an indication of actual sales vs your “instinct” and snarky comments.

So again, please tell us where you’re getting your info from. Cause right now, it doesn’t even measure up to “Stern fluff”.
And I’m not inviting you to school us with more of your so called wisdom about percentages. You said that you think Stern sales are suffering. BASED ON WHAT, EXACTLY?

If you can’t come to the table with any kind of evidence, maybe it’s time to stop talking shit in a Stern thread? You can go do that in numerous other threads. Or hey, maybe even not at all.

#1998 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well in my opinion no one who really wants Iron Maiden will hold off for Pirates and Alice but who knows.

I don't have the money to buy both and I don't want to sell an other game. So it will be IM or Pirates for me this year. Iron Maiden is a dream theme for me and it would look good next to my MetLe and ACDC. But the PotC layout looks like fun. So the competition is there. I can't speak for others but one company will get money from me this year, for now I can't they which one. I am waiting for more informations.

#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I know i really really really want Alice, however if iron maiden looks good and appealing to me guess what....im buying what's in front of me, not what I have to wait another 365 days to get.

#2000 6 years ago

TNA has been an exception to rule for me when it comes to waiting, too awesome of a game. I have no intention of flipping, it is for my own enjoyment. Now, I like AC and I think the art looks great haven't seen enough to make me want to jump on it when they start taking orders on the 26th though. Now I'm in a weird spot, I hear we will see Iron Maiden in April supposedly, so if that is true and themes are my deciding factor its Maiden all day long. However with my luck I'll pass on getting in early for Alice and if Stern's Maiden is terrible I'm stuck waiting forever for Alice because I sat on my hands for two months after they started taking orders. Oh the first world problems we all face.. haha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
10,000 (Firm)
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 46,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.