Topic Stats

• 6,040 posts
  • 781 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 622 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

10E998FD-2E71-4A3D-BA66-4DB92FA1DDD6 (resized).jpeg
8374853E-D1AA-4E5E-8A90-71C0DB7C66DE (resized).jpeg
46D81076-0883-4EB2-B1C4-114A4323C698 (resized).png
sebknsxr4e831 (resized).jpg
51VGnkzRZaL._SX268_ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191204-182457 (resized).jpg
booom (resized).jpg
Rick_Morty_Pinball (resized).png
Lordvoldemort (resized).jpg
443E4CC6-0C0B-49C8-9A35-1D63DA927C86 (resized).jpeg
3BC5BA40-8A30-4CA4-B0A1-B05661A1404F.png
Screenshot_20191204-172605_Google (resized).jpg
pbnchklt.jpg
Screenshot_20191203-174041_InShot (resized).jpg
source.gif
Umv1ppvv_400x400[1] (resized).jpg

There are 6040 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 121.
#151 3 years ago

Downton Abbey

#152 3 years ago

A Ghost in the Shell pinball would be my first NIB sight unseen.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Bally made 11,400 Space Invaders, and 10,600 Mr. and Mrs. Pac-Mans.

Back then there were like ten video games total. The players are too splintered now.

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Back then there were like ten video games total. The players are too splintered now.

There was more than 10 video games in 1982 when Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man Pinball came out.

Over 4,000 Super Mario Brothers Pinball games in 1992 when video games and consoles were saturated.

Just saying, there is an audience for the right title.

#155 3 years ago

Would like to see a Munsters theme pin. I know characters are close to monster bash, but done right could be awesome. Love that theme song.

#156 3 years ago

The only video game IP currently I think is strong enough to produce a pretty big hit would be Warcraft. Minecraft, Final Fantasy, Call of Duty, etc might be ok.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The only video game IP currently I think is strong enough to produce a pretty big hit would be Warcraft. Minecraft, Final Fantasy, Call of Duty, etc might be ok.

A big hit like the Warcraft movie? Popular IP is no guarantee of creative success.

That said, there are a TON of Nintendo properties that would probably do excessively well as pins. And if you went the JJP screen route, you could hedge your bets and do a Nintendo All-Stars and have 4 or 5 properties in one pin.

#158 3 years ago

The next Stern game will have a $600 topper.

#159 3 years ago

I still say Castelvania pin would work and still want an NHL pin whic I know will never happen. But Maiden I would like despite not liking anything new by them since Brave New World.

#160 3 years ago

NO MORE ROCKBAND PINBALLS!

I want:

Big Trouble in little china or Goonies

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

I want:

The translites basically paint themselves with that artwork....maybe classic 80s movies will be the next theme done to death by Stern, like rock band pins. Ghostbusters being the beginning. I WISH!

#163 3 years ago

Reading this thread actually taught me who the guy in commercials pouring champagne on his phone is. Time to start setting on my porch and yelling at people the get off my lawn.

I'm kind of sterned out at the moment. I don't see them taking a chance on anything new music wise. They are going to have to really do something special to get any of my money moving forward. AC/DC is still their best game in my opinion. There are a few titles that may make me open my wallet though. Led Zeppelin and Queen are the only 2 music pins I would have interest in. I am looking forward to the next WizBang release though.

#164 3 years ago

Goonies all the way!!! Either that or Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factoy.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

The next Stern game will have a $600 topper.

Now that is funny.
Funny but true. Lol

#166 3 years ago

I think taking a popular video game license with lots of fans could totally work. Halo Pinball?

#167 3 years ago

After watching JAWS again with my wife on the 4th of July, i would love to see this made into a pin. And its one of my wifes favorite movies, so she would be all in on getting one lol

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think taking a popular video game license with lots of fans could totally work. Halo Pinball?

Call Of Duty

#169 3 years ago

Th Bridge on the River Kwai.

#170 3 years ago

Let's get really retro and make a Gilgamesh pin

#171 3 years ago

teletubbies = shut up and take my money!

and then I would go stick my thumb in my mouth and shit my diaper.

In all seriousness though, even though its not relevant anymore (most of the mentions here aren't anyway), I'd be in for a Sucker Punch pin if they ever made one.

As far as a video game based theme, put me down for Fallout or Dead Space.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

even though its not relevant anymore

C'mon! Not relevant anymore is Stern's bread and butter these days.

Outdated licenses bought dirt cheap!

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Triggerfish:

A Ghost in the Shell pinball would be my first NIB sight unseen.

Yup I would have to see what could sell to make cash and room.

#174 3 years ago

Ice age.

#175 3 years ago

Akira > A Ghost in the Shell!

I would like a Ninja Scroll Pinball for an anime theme.

Star Wars & some video game love like:

- Sonic the Hedgehog Pinball (incl Sega logo)
- BioShock Pinball
- Metroid Pinball
- Doom Pinball
- Tomb Raider Pinball

#176 3 years ago

Any Voltron fans?

#177 3 years ago

Yes. Loved the new Netflix version too. This might be an opportune time for a pinball machine

#178 3 years ago

JAWS please! Easy theme to translate into a pinball machine. C'mon Stern make it happen!!!

#179 3 years ago

Baywatch VE to go with the new movie

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Baywatch VE to go with the new movie

I'm not sure. That theme certainly has its knockers.

#181 3 years ago

John Wayne - Balls of Steel Spectacular
"If you've got them by the {pin}balls, their hearts and minds will follow." - John Wayne

Put it in a retro looking wooden leg wide body cabinet with a revolver launcher like the one on Indiana Jones. Massive potential for playfield toys here.

quote-if-you-ve-got-them-by-the-balls-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-john-wayne-194395_(resized).jpg

#182 3 years ago

I think an absolutely awesome pin theme would be "The Incredibles". A sequel to the original movie is set to come out in 2017 or 2018. I realize it won't be the next pin Stern makes but since they seem to like to hitch their wagons to popular licenses, this would be a slam dunk. Kinda surprised they didn't make a pin for the original movie. Think of the art and the toys! I would be all over this if it actually happened.

#183 3 years ago

The next stern pinball machine IS Aerosmith, yuk.

#184 3 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy, Jurassic Park, Star Wars or Deadpool. They all have sequels coming up.

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

The next stern pinball machine IS Aerosmith, yuk.

I thought it was funnier that the next pin was Motley Crue, code named Aerosmith.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

I want:

Goonies would be cool!

#187 3 years ago

I must be the only one here who never heard of or saw the Goonies before coming to Pinside.

#188 3 years ago

For the middle-aged crowd (guess that includes me) Beastie Boys or Ferris Bueler's Day Off would be pretty fun.

#189 3 years ago

Deadpool could be good.
Blade Runner would be nice. There has been talk of a sequel or prequel for years and maybe in a few more it will happen.
Goonies could be fun.
Suicide Squad looks like its going to be *awesome*, could make a good pin - I'm sure there will be a sequel. A DC Comics predominately female heroes and villains spinoff is supposed to be in the works.

#190 3 years ago

Music pinball that should be produced is a
PRINCE Pinball. Theres So much Music and enough Theme for a pinball. What a tribute to a Musical Genius and Icon. Elvis had a pinball why not Prince? Tv Show Pinball would like to see a Mission:Impossible or A-Team .

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I must be the only one here who never heard of or saw the Goonies before coming to Pinside.

Nope. Same here.
It usually means you were born before 1970 or after 1985.
Born before 70 you'd be 16+ when Goonies came out and with 16 your focus is on girls - not kiddie movies.
After 1985 you just missed it when it was popular.

I only know Goonies from TV re-runs after 2000...

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

It usually means you were born before 1970 or after 1985.

It also means I'm very happy to be have been born in 1974.

#193 3 years ago

Current list of great titles that would make great Stern pinball machines from this current thread:

Guardians of the Galaxy. This has been hinted at, given the thumbs up by George Gomez on Facebook many months ago from memory and someone said that Stern had acquired the license.

Deadpool. Lots of action and humour. A more edgy title, but could see this one selling well.

Suicide Squad. The movie isn't out yet, but theme and artwork alone would make this an interesting pinball machine. Looking forward to seeing this one in the cinema.

Now, my outside pick....I've been wanting to see this as a pinball title since the first movie was released. Wreck It Ralph. Would look great with a new colour display, great look to the movie and the addition of classic video game characters to tap into that nostalgia factor that Stern loves so much. A sequel is also in the works for 2018. Only stumping block here is licensing to include other video game characters.

#194 3 years ago

Aerosmith or Batman then followed by Star Wars.
Save your pennies for a limited edition Star Wars.

#195 3 years ago

I heard it's going to be Hello Kitty

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I heard it's going to be Hello Kitty

That's just a code name for the Kim Kardashian pin.

#197 3 years ago

Inside info said 100% Aerosmith in the Fall.

Hasnt been wrong in the past.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Inside info said 100% Aerosmith in the Fall.
Hasnt been wrong in the past.

Did he mention if Star Wars is being released down the track?

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Born before 70 you'd be 16+ when Goonies came out and with 16 your focus is on girls - not kiddie movies.

I just don't see the appeal of rehashing kiddie or any other movies from the 80s anymore. Even being a kid from the late 60s and 70s when media aimed towards kids was much better, I don't feel the need. I had a decent childhood, I don't need any pricey memorials to it. The memories are enough.

#200 3 years ago

Personally I think it would be a mistake to do Star Wars so early, wait for all 3 movies so there is complete content. I think the same of TWD and GoT......Wait until the series is complete then release an awesome game with all the content. IMO

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Mateo, CA
There are 6040 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 121.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside