Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,855 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 938.
#19901 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I've got this feeling Rush could be something a lot like the Primus machines.

Here's a thought. There is no bttf machine coming. It is Rush, based on their "Time Machine" tour. It starts off playing like an EM and progresses through the era's of pinball.

250px-Rushtimemachinetour2010 (resized).jpg250px-Rushtimemachinetour2010 (resized).jpg
#19902 2 years ago

I am liking the what ifs. Its getting fun. What if you are Godzilla playing as Godzilla. A Toho themed game and MechaGodzilla (1974). Rises up out of the middle of the playfield and you are bashing him with balls in an all out battle royal. With Rodan coming out of a mountain and going back and forth on playfield just like dracula on MB.

#19903 2 years ago

Also, if Stern does a Godzilla. They are gonna have to evenually do a King Kong game too.

kk (resized).jpgkk (resized).jpg
#19904 2 years ago
20210817_123829 (resized).jpg20210817_123829 (resized).jpg
#19905 2 years ago
7FDBBAAF-9A80-4F13-AD76-97B66D3805D4 (resized).jpeg7FDBBAAF-9A80-4F13-AD76-97B66D3805D4 (resized).jpeg
#19906 2 years ago

#19907 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Aerosmith is a fun shooter and the layout could be used for the Rush reskin.

Aerosmith is really fun and with some tweaks could be great. Don’t care for the band, otherwise would have, same with Iron Maiden

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I disagree. Burn that game.

Yeah Aerosmith is horrible, that’s why so many are for sale. Oh wait they aren’t

#19908 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Yeah Aerosmith is horrible, that’s why so many are for sale. Oh wait they aren’t

Or nobody likes losing $1,500 on the resale. They come up often and always at least 1k less than any other game since the chamge to LCD screens. Name a cheaper LCD Stern...ok maybe Minsters lol

#19909 2 years ago

So...a reskin of DE’s Time Machine then? Haha

Quoted from bbaker2824:

Here's a thought. There is no bttf machine coming. It is Rush, based on their "Time Machine" tour. It starts off playing like an EM and progresses through the era's of pinball. [quoted image]

#19910 2 years ago

Spoke to my local shop today and they have not heard anything on BTTF Stern title. Usually they are quick to take my info on up coming titles but they didn’t even bother. Think it’s just a rumor unfortunately.

#19911 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So...a reskin of DE’s Time Machine then? Haha

Exactly, only a modern version. The display could emulate an EM, then dot matrix, etc. Or they could do it in reverse like the concert where it goes new to old.

#19912 2 years ago

Don’t know how well Warner Brothers is about licensing, but BTTF seems would have many hoops to jump through to get it from them and then the actors likeness. You don’t want a BTTF pin like JP that has no movie footage, actors voices, or their likeness on the pin other than Wayne Knight.

Without Fox or Lloyd, why would you even bother. Who wants an updated remake of Data East BTTF. I hope it happens for you fans, but it seems it will be a really tough one for Stern to pull off and make fans happy.

#19913 2 years ago

Stern has alot of money to through around. LE sales are up.

#19914 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Here's a thought. There is no bttf machine coming. It is Rush, based on their "Time Machine" tour. It starts off playing like an EM and progresses through the era's of pinball. [quoted image]

If true and the code name for the game is Time Machine I could see rumor confusion with BTTF

#19915 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

If true and the code name for the game is Time Machine I could see rumor confusion with BTTF

Doctor Who: Villain of the Week confirmed.

Do battle with spiders, mummies, inflatable recliners, shakesperian characters and dozens of other iconic villians that aren't encumbered by memorable performers, exclusive IP deals or other complex licensing issues.

Featuring 6 modes where the rules, points and objectives are all randomly generated each game. Players who manage to activate all 6 but brick every single shot within can unlock a "Exposition Final Battle" wizard mode. The flippers deactivate allowing the player to sit back and experience an increasingly gaudy lightshow narrated by the doctor in which he recounts all the mistakes it took the player to get here but none of that matters because he believes in them. After a few minutes the enemies explode and the player is awarded 5 billion points.

Each LE comes with it's own villain bash toy specific to that game only. Each is individually constructed with two random mechs bolted together with up to 10 other parts pulled at random from 50 years worth of spare parts bins lying around the factory.

(yes, I grew up watching the originals)

#19916 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Doctor Who: Villain of the Week confirmed.
Do battle with spiders, mummies, inflatable recliners, shakesperian characters and dozens of other iconic villians that aren't encumbered by memorable performers, exclusive IP deals or other complex licensing issues.
Featuring 6 modes where the rules, points and objectives are all randomly generated each game. Players who manage to activate all 6 but brick every single shot within can unlock a "Exposition Final Battle" wizard mode. The flippers deactivate allowing the player to sit back and experience an increasingly gaudy lightshow narrated by the doctor in which he recounts all the mistakes it took the player to get here but none of that matters because he believes in them. After a few minutes the enemies explode and the player is awarded 5 billion points.
Each LE comes with it's own villain bash toy specific to that game only. Each is individually constructed with two random mechs bolted together with up to 10 other parts pulled at random from 50 years worth of spare parts bins lying around the factory.
(yes, I grew up watching the originals)

I heard through my distributer the premiums come with a bag of screws that are left for the new owner to figure out where they go! It's part of the new operator mode.

#19917 2 years ago

imagine zombie and elwin on BTTF. Too bad they're 1 game behind it.

#19918 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

I heard through my distributer the premiums come with a bag of screws that are left for the new owner to figure out where they go! It's part of the new operator mode.

They're for attaching things to the playfield to make it feel like an authentic classic doctor who set.. Suggestions are pieces of bubble wrap, garbage bags and the unique connectors on all the different wall adapters from before everything went to usb you've been keeping in a storage bin just in case you ever figure out what they go to.

That info has been available to distributors for awhile. If yours didn't know that, you probably should start shopping for a new one if you want any hope of getting in on the first run.

#19919 2 years ago

Probably would never happen but how about BRZRKR?

A60CA63B-9B36-4BBE-905B-C61EFFB895B6 (resized).jpegA60CA63B-9B36-4BBE-905B-C61EFFB895B6 (resized).jpeg
#19920 2 years ago

I prefer to imagine them on Godzilla and soon...I won’t have to imagine haha

Quoted from delt31:

#19921 2 years ago
Quoted from STXDrew:

Think it’s just a rumor unfortunately.

its-not-a-tumor-gif-10 (resized).pngits-not-a-tumor-gif-10 (resized).png
#19922 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I love ZY most of my current lineup consists of his amazing work, but for BTTF I’d rather see something like Franchi’s style on it.

#19923 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Or nobody likes losing $1,500 on the resale. They come up often and always at least 1k less than any other game since the chamge to LCD screens. Name a cheaper LCD Stern...ok maybe Minsters lol

Fake news. They actually don’t come up often for sale and if they do it’s not $1,500 less.

#19924 2 years ago

So Godzilla followed by BTTF?

#19925 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

So Godzilla followed by BTTF?

Rumors i hear is gz then rush. But who knows?

#19926 2 years ago

Just saw a teaser for Godzilla vs Kong and I really wish Stern had done that version. Nothing new here but the toho has much less to limited appeal, whereas vs Kong has my attention. I don’t care much for the old version of Godzilla, but will like the pin anyways, if done well.

#19927 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What ever happened to the Ozzy talk ? Big thing was Jack was seen in Chicago then went silent .Might be a sneaker .

Ozzy Dec 2022

#19928 2 years ago

Godzilla vs Kong Kong was garbage. Heisei and Showa era Toho Godzilla is amazing and gave birth to the Kaiju genre which is still immensely popular today. YOU may not like it but it is a global phenomenon and HUGE licenses with MASSIVE appeal.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Just saw a teaser for Godzilla vs Kong and I really wish Stern had done that version. Nothing new here but the toho has much less to limited appeal, whereas vs Kong has my attention. I don’t care much for the old version of Godzilla, but will like the pin anyways, if done well.

#19929 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Rumors i hear is gz then rush. But who knows?

Me.

#19930 2 years ago

MEGADETH is still my preference for Sterns next killer music pin.

For Ozzy
I could wait till next December year , what unreal birthday party that would be \m/

Better hurry up and get those callouts recorded please Stern

Screenshot_20210819-104814_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210819-104814_Google (resized).jpg
#19931 2 years ago

OZZY!!..."All Aboard!!"...The "Crazy Train" ramp

#19932 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Don’t know how well Warner Brothers is about licensing, but BTTF seems would have many hoops to jump through to get it from them and then the actors likeness. You don’t want a BTTF pin like JP that has no movie footage, actors voices, or their likeness on the pin other than Wayne Knight.
Without Fox or Lloyd, why would you even bother. Who wants an updated remake of Data East BTTF. I hope it happens for you fans, but it seems it will be a really tough one for Stern to pull off and make fans happy.

Amblin and Universal own BTTF

#19933 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

good point. i thought i heard on one pod that rush is only boutique game. not a cornerstone game.

#19934 2 years ago

I’ll sell my soul for a LE .I know most want Sabbath including myself, but if it happens I’m 95% sure it will be just Ozzy .If it’s Sabbath I’ll sell my soul plus whatever else HE wants it’s that simple .

#19935 2 years ago

Without sharing the specifics...was Michael J Fox in the movie the pin is based on?

#19936 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Fake news. They actually don’t come up often for sale and if they do it’s not $1,500 less.

Im literally looking at one for sale here for 7,300cdn vs 8-9kcdn for popular titles but ok.
They come up often enough here. Maybe your area is drier.

Edit: for reference $1,500cdn is approx $1,000usd.

#19937 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Im literally looking at one for sale here for 7,300cdn vs 8-9kcdn for popular titles but ok.
They come up often enough here. Maybe your area is drier.
Edit: for reference $1,500cdn is approx $1,000usd.

Edit 2 after a quick check: even the not so reliable pinside numbers show Aerosmith being at least $600-$900usd less than other games. Even a LZ pro is fetching a lot more.

Screenshot_20210818-221217_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221217_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221243_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221243_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221327_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221327_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221351_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221351_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221423_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221423_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221445_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221445_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221527_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221527_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221546_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210818-221546_Chrome (resized).jpg
#19938 2 years ago

Ready to see Elwins next layout..

#19939 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Edit 2 after a quick check: even the not so reliable pinside numbers show Aerosmith being at least $600-$900usd less than other games. Even a LZ pro is fetching a lot more.

sounds like Graysonsdad!

#19940 2 years ago

Maybe they'll vault a Blackout...

#19941 2 years ago

When do we expect the next game will be shown to the public?

#19942 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

When do we expect the next game will be shown to the public?

Some say Sept.

#19943 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

sounds like Graysonsdad!

You know anyone paying $8,500 for an Aerosmith pro? My point stands. This one near me hasnt been able to sell for 2mo. now

Edit: talking in Cdn pesos again.
($7,500cdn = $5,870usd)
Screenshot_20210819-103023_Kijiji (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210819-103023_Kijiji (resized).jpg

#19944 2 years ago

Moving on,
Invisible.
I love that my favorite comic is gaining enough popularity to potentially have its own pinball machine one day.
Ive been a huge Invincible fan for over a decade and with it have its own series now and movie on the way (and Stern loving super hero themes), what seemed like a complete impossibility has a glimmer of hope. Fingers crossed

#19945 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You know anyone paying $8,500 for an Aerosmith pro? My point stands. This one near me hasnt been able to sell for 2mo. now

To be fair, in all of your examples Aerosmith is the oldest game shown.

#19946 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

To be fair, in all of your examples Aerosmith is the oldest game shown.

Ill gove you that but my point was based on modern LCD games. Aerosmith was the first i think, no?
Anyway, my only point was that it has not been as popular or as desirable s many other modern Stern releases. Again, maybe Munsters aside

#19947 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ill gove you that but my point was based on modern LCD games. Aerosmith was the first i think, no?
Anyway, my only point was that it has not been as popular or as desirable s many other modern Stern releases. Again, maybe Munsters aside

So why didn’t you show the pro prices of BKSOR, Munsters, SW, GB, IMDN?

I think you are just plain wrong, sorry.

#19948 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

So why didn’t you show the pro prices of BKSOR, Munsters, SW, GB, IMDN?
I think you are just plain wrong, sorry.

Because my only point was that Aerosmith is not a popular title.

#19949 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Because my only point was that Aerosmith is not a popular title.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Or nobody likes losing $1,500 on the resale. They come up often and always at least 1k less than any other game since the chamge to LCD screens.

Not your only point. Which was why the guy above said ‘fake news’… because it was.

#19950 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Not your only point. Which was why the guy above said ‘fake news’… because it was.

definitely Graysonsdad!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,855 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/399?hl=wildrover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.