Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 938.
#19851 2 years ago

Who is going in on a Godzilla LE?

#19852 2 years ago

I know this might be considered to be off topic, but since the assets licensing was discussed rather thoroughly a few pages ago, I thought it would be fair to ask the educated members of this fine forum:

Regarding assets and the licensing thereof, what was the story behind the Data East BTTF being unable to secure the likeness rights to MJF at the time? Being a complete layman when it comes to this, I would have thought that getting the rights to Power of Love would have been a bigger challenge than getting MJF, but obviously that did not appear to be an issue back then.

#19853 2 years ago

The Huey Lewis rights will be key for BTTF. Fingers crossed.

#19854 2 years ago
Quoted from prl867:

I know this might be considered to be off topic, but since the assets licensing was discussed rather thoroughly a few pages ago, I thought it would be fair to ask the educated members of this fine forum:
Regarding assets and the licensing thereof, what was the story behind the Data East BTTF being unable to secure the likeness rights to MJF at the time? Being a complete layman when it comes to this, I would have thought that getting the rights to Power of Love would have been a bigger challenge than getting MJF, but obviously that did not appear to be an issue back then.

The story I was told years back was

Universal held the rights

When BTTF pin came out

MJF was working on Doc Hollywood- Warner Bros

So his likeness was not available

Could be wrong - not sure

#19855 2 years ago

They are sold out

Quoted from frankmac:

#19856 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They are sold out

Thats not what he asked.

#19857 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I can’t answer that with 100% confidence, but I am in for a ‘next KME’ LE.

#19858 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not me. Now distributors jacking up the price and also Stern, no way will I pay $12,000 or more for one. Many Mando LE’s for sale still, and I hope they get stuck with them.

#19859 2 years ago

I am in on a Godzilla LE. Cant hardly wait. I hope to god Stern puts some love into this game. That's the rumor. Also I am hearing its a Toho Godzilla or 60s, 70s, 80s era. Stern has improved some. TMNT plays and looks good. Haven't seen a Mando yet.

ghidorah-the-threeheaded-monster-md-web (resized).jpgghidorah-the-threeheaded-monster-md-web (resized).jpg

#19860 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

The story I was told years back was
Universal held the rights
When BTTF pin came out
MJF was working on Doc Hollywood- Warner Bros
So his likeness was not available
Could be wrong - not sure

That does make sense, actually.

I know that the studios at that time were ferocious in contractually restricting actors from certain things and from monetarily benefitting from certain things.

I know that a lot of that has changed in recent years due to litigation (classic example would be along the lines of Crispin Glover suing Universal when his likeness was used in BTTF II, which was later settled for an undisclosed amount or when action figures are licensed by a studio with actor likeness but the actor doesn’t benefit or give permission).

As others have said, hopefully MJF and CL will be on board and I also would have no problem with a portion of the pin cost being set aside for the MJF Foundation to fight Parkinsons, even if the pin carried a slightly higher price tag because of that benefit.

#19861 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Not me. Now distributors jacking up the price and also Stern, no way will I pay $12,000 or more for one. Many Mando LE’s for sale still, and I hope they get stuck with them.

You need a new distributor then. Not all, and I think not many are doing this.

#19862 2 years ago

On a separate note, when my local Stern Distributer was last here dropping off a pin I purchased he rather matter of factly remarked that he was 100% certain that BTTF is on the docket from Stern and that he had heard it from GS himself.

He was not candid about it at all and he’s been a Stern Distributor for quite a long time.

#19863 2 years ago

Yes, BTTF and James Bond 007 next year I am hearing. Sounds pretty exciting.

#19864 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Yup counted 13 of them - wow. The more that sit at this price the more likely they will come back to reality. These are not “rare”. Plus people are sick of being stuck in the house and they are out now - so that will cool prices!

#19865 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Plus people are sick of being stuck in the house and they are out now - so that will cool prices!

So you want to play badminton the next time you come over instead of playing pinball ?

I'd be up for Lawn Jarts though if you got the original kind.... then we're still going back inside and play pinball.
Not hauling up a machine and putting it outside to play.

#19866 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

So you want to play badminton the next time you come over instead of playing pinball ?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b1a6f457b9cfc8e952d3bc3b4d90736dfca085f1-1629049680-1800"};
//]]>

I'd be up for Lawn Jarts though if you got the original kind.... then we're still going back inside and play pinball.
Not hauling up a machine and putting it outside to play.

I was thinking you were more of a shuffle board guy. We can use chalk to paint the squares.

#19867 2 years ago

I think you are thinking of Hop Scotch - that would take a lot of beers before the neighbors see us doing that on the sidewalk.

#19868 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Flippers. Not collectors.
My guess that the reason Stern doesn't do direct sales is just because of ancient legacy relationships. Old boys' club. Might change when Gary leaves.

Mando LE were available direct from Stern to Insider members

#19869 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Rushzilla is Stern’s next monster music pin.

I read it will be a boutique game and a reskin.

#19870 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

If that combined with rumor of it being Borg/Lyman is accurate it could mean a reskinned Tron/Metallica/TWD/IronMan? Or perhaps a Rush BBH?

Out of curiosity, where did you read that?

#19871 2 years ago

Outside of Beatles (which I’d gather Stern has learned their lesson on that title) has been a boutique AND a reskin? I just don’t see it happening (again). A stern studio or Kapow going forward should be an original design. Or Stern is just just braindead.

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

#19872 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The Huey Lewis rights will be key for BTTF. Fingers crossed.

Don't forget ZZ top

#19873 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Outside of Beatles (which I’d gather Stern has learned their lesson on that title) has been a boutique AND a reskin? I just don’t see it happening (again). A stern studio or Kapow going forward should be an original design. Or Stern is just just braindead.

Idk, id take maiden reskinned as another music pin.

#19874 2 years ago

I'm so happy that BTTF is being made, because I want you guys hoping hard for it to get your grail theme. And I also want some of you to peel away from my grail Godzilla so that I get that LE, baby.

#19875 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I'm so happy that BTTF is being made, because I want you guys hoping hard for it to get your grail theme. And I also want some of you to peel away from my grail Godzilla so that I get that LE, baby.

+1
Yep Godzilla I'm all in and told by distrib here as I put down for it back pre Mando, that I'm all good. BTTF, is just such a yawn movie theme revisit for me so more than happy for everyone to pile on to that one, I'll wait for Bond.

#19876 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Idk, id take maiden reskinned as another music pin.

Yep me too. Reskin Iron Maiden as Van Halen and I am in!!!

#19877 2 years ago

Been of the interwebs for a few days.

Is KME Godzilla official yet?

#19878 2 years ago

Aerosmith is a fun shooter and the layout could be used for the Rush reskin.

#19879 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I disagree. Burn that game.

#19880 2 years ago

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I disagree. Burn that game.

I liked Aerosmith premium , except for the pop bumpers on the left orbit .

#19881 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

people are sick of being stuck in the house and they are out now

Not for much longer

#19882 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not for much longer

Shhh, you're going to jinx it

#19883 2 years ago

If Rush is a reskin, somebody's gonna get hurt.

#19887 2 years ago

[Removed]

But back to pinball....

Do you think Stern could slow down the release of new games, given the massive backlog they're still trying to work through? Wonder if some designs will just be put on the shelf.

And with Amazon coming out with their new Middle Earth series in September 2022, that would be a great time to vault LOTR.

#19893 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Do you think Stern could slow down the release of new games, given the massive backlog they're still trying to work through?

Ethically, it would be prudent to do so.
Business-wise, new titles inject predictable millions of dollars instantly.
Which option is a business likely to choose?

#19894 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Where did he say that .

It was a joke about his hair. Or he could have been demonstrating his superpower of static hair without a carpet.

#19895 2 years ago

We're getting off track here...

1991 (resized).jpg1991 (resized).jpgback_to_the_future (resized).jpgback_to_the_future (resized).jpg06fc408d38e466ddf63fcdeeae741da2fd789d03 (resized).jpg06fc408d38e466ddf63fcdeeae741da2fd789d03 (resized).jpg
#19896 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#19897 2 years ago

I got on the Godzilla LE bandwagon if it is indeed Keith’s next design. I wish Stern would just play catch up with current production before releasing their next title. They still have another batch of Deadpool & JP premiums to make this year.

#19898 2 years ago

Shit I bought the newest Stern (Mando Pro) and I'm not sure I will see it this year...Crazy. I waited 8 months for SW Pro that was delivered 3/31/21.

#19899 2 years ago

What ever happened to the Ozzy talk ? Big thing was Jack was seen in Chicago then went silent .Might be a sneaker .

#19900 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If Rush is a reskin, somebody's gonna get hurt.

I've got this feeling Rush could be something a lot like the Primus machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/398?hl=wildrover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.