Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 391 of 937.
#19501 2 years ago

If you can't get all the parts, you can't build and release them.

#19502 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

4-9 games per year lol
On average Stern makes 3-4 new titles each year.

Nah..

2020:
LZ
SW comic art
AIQ
IM VE
TMNT
HM

2019:
ST
SW cartoon art
EHOH
JP
SW
BM66 cat woman
Munsters color package
BKSOR
Munsters

Wait for it… 2021:
Mando

#19503 2 years ago

And when they have about 8,000 units of already released pins on backorder, there's less urgency to be pumping out as many new titles as they have in recent years.

#19504 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Australia always try’s to take credit for our better things we have given the world. Pavlova desert!

The one thing you guys are better than us at , is rugby , and considering only two States are into rugby , 80% of the country doesn't give a shit

#19505 2 years ago

Scarface is on TV now , anyone make one of these pins , take my money .

IMG20210729214835 (resized).jpgIMG20210729214835 (resized).jpgIMG20210729215847 (resized).jpgIMG20210729215847 (resized).jpgIMG20210729232237 (resized).jpgIMG20210729232237 (resized).jpg
#19506 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Nah..
2020:
LZ
SW comic art
AIQ
IM VE
TMNT
HM
2019:
ST
SW cartoon art
EHOH
JP
SW
BM66 cat woman
Munsters color package
BKSOR
Munsters
Wait for it… 2021:
Mando

Hmmm… nothing like adding filler to attempt to prove an incorrect point.

#19507 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Hmmm… nothing like adding filler to attempt to prove an incorrect point.

I took the time to respond properly; elucidate and enlighten me on how that’s not correct. I can be convinced, but not by low-T catty responses.

Maybe we are in the bowels of semantics, and you are taking new-new and I’m talking any sort of new release, new-new and new releases/versions of old. My point was that any given year there were a plethora of new-new and new re-releases and total for 2021 was (1) total. I thought that odd and was looking for insight as to perhaps why.

So… sorry fellow MN, not arguing low effort bait, but open to discuss if you reply well, or there simply is no discussion.

#19508 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

And when they have about 8,000 units of already released pins on backorder, there's less urgency to be pumping out as many new titles as they have in recent years.

Ya this could be it; didn’t realize there were that many on back order… wow.

#19509 2 years ago

Nah..
2020:
LZ
SW comic art
AIQ
IM VE
TMNT
HM
2019:
ST
SW cartoon art
EHOH
JP
SW
BM66 cat woman
Munsters color package
BKSOR
Munsters
Wait for it… 2021:
Mando

This doesnt look correct

#19510 2 years ago

half of those are just re-runs of existing games.

#19511 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This doesnt look correct

It might not be, I took it from the price watch thread. I googled for a nice list of pins Stern produced, but surprisingly came up empty; Wikipedia doesn't have a chronological list from what I could tell, and any site I found with a list, stopped adding in 2019. What looks wrong/off, so I can do some DD and confirm that was when a pin was or was not released; if I find an incorrect one, I'll amend that reply with a statement that the list turned out to be incorrect.

#19512 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

half of those are just re-runs of existing games.

Yep, and perhaps I simply articulated my point incorrectly with the word "new" but from what I can tell, we have not even had a re-release yet in 2021 (save for IMDN coming up). My point is if you wanted to throw money at any sort of NIB from Stern in 2021, you so far had one option: Mando (and IMDN) and not the 4-9 options of previous years; just wondered what changed, and if we'd have a wham-bam of releases in Q3/Q4 this year.

#19513 2 years ago

Nah..
2020:
LZ
SW comic art
AIQ
IM VE
TMNT
HM
2019:
ST
SW cartoon art
EHOH
JP
SW
BM66 cat woman
Munsters color package
BKSOR
Munsters
Wait for it… 2021:
Mando

2020: (3 cornerstone, 1 new homepin)
LZ (barely)
SW comic art (homepin. Not even new)
AIQ
IM VE (how many again? Zero?)
TMNT
HM (homepin)

2019: (4 cornerstone, 1 Kapow, 1 homepin)
ST
SW cartoon art (not new)
EHOH (Kapow)
JP
SW (homepin)
BM66 cat woman (ohhh, new stickers)
Munsters color package (....nuff said)
BKSOR
Munsters

2018: (2 cornerstone, 1 rethemed whoa nelly, 1 kapow)
Primus (boutique retheme)
Beatles (Kapow)
Deadpool
Iron Maiden
Star trek vault
ACDC Lucy

2017: (3 cornerstone)
Gotg
Star Wars
Aerosmith
ACDC vault

Should I keep going?
Stern will push out at least 3 games this year.

#19514 2 years ago

I took the time to respond properly; elucidate and enlighten me on how that’s not correct. I can be convinced, but not by low-T catty responses.
Maybe we are in the bowels of semantics, and you are taking new-new and I’m talking any sort of new release, new-new and new releases/versions of old. My point was that any given year there were a plethora of new-new and new re-releases and total for 2021 was (1) total. I thought that odd and was looking for insight as to perhaps why.
So… sorry fellow MN, not arguing low effort bait, but open to discuss if you reply well, or there simply is no discussion.

I personally don’t consider vaults, new art packages, or home-editions to be new releases… and that is probably true for most of us (though that is a big assumption I suppose)

#19515 2 years ago

EHOH was a studio release. Not Kapow

#19516 2 years ago

Yep, and perhaps I simply articulated my point incorrectly with the word "new" but from what I can tell, we have not even had a re-release yet in 2021 (save for IMDN coming up). My point is if you wanted to throw money at any sort of NIB from Stern in 2021, you so far had one option: Mando (and IMDN) and not the 4-9 options of previous years; just wondered what changed, and if we'd have a wham-bam of releases in Q3/Q4 this year.

Iron Maiden isnt a rerelease. They are just still running them.

#19517 2 years ago

All I know is that I want my freakin Elvira. lol

#19518 2 years ago

This movie poster has been up at my local theater for over a year. I assume the scamdenic set it back but damn.

#19519 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

2020: (3 cornerstone, 1 new homepin)
LZ (barely)
SW comic art (homepin. Not even new)
AIQ
IM VE (how many again? Zero?)
TMNT
HM (homepin)
2019: (4 cornerstone, 1 Kapow, 1 homepin)
ST
SW cartoon art (not new)
EHOH (Kapow)
JP
SW (homepin)
BM66 cat woman (ohhh, new stickers)
Munsters color package (....nuff said)
BKSOR
Munsters
2018: (2 cornerstone, 1 rethemed whoa nelly, 1 kapow)
Primus (boutique retheme)
Beatles (Kapow)
Deadpool
Iron Maiden
Star trek vault
ACDC Lucy
2017: (3 cornerstone)
Gotg
Star Wars
Aerosmith
ACDC vault
Should I keep going?
Stern will push out at least 3 games this year.

Thanks for the updated list, that's very helpful. You're not wrong, we just use/consider "new for the year" terms differently, and debatably, your way is more aligned with most pinheads, so I stand corrected. The soul of my post is that 2021 seems very dry, so I'm very curious to see what all happens here for the rest of 2021, and if we get showered with pins (I hope). Crossing all my fingers and toes that one of the next pins is actually a Mortal Kombat pin, though I'll take Godzilla or whatever Elwin is putting out next.

#19520 2 years ago

My point is if you wanted to throw money at any sort of NIB from Stern in 2021, you so far had one option: Mando (and IMDN)

There have been runs of Deadpool, GOTG, EHOH, JP and more this year.

#19521 2 years ago

Probably dating myself but here’s a classic from down under…

#19522 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Agreed,
They also ran quite a few Turtles and some more Strangers and LZ earlier this year.
Im actually picking up a JP pro with my Mando Premium today.

#19523 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Agreed,
They also ran quite a few Turtles and some more Strangers and LZ earlier this year.

I knew I forgetting a bunch! Add BM66 to the list too (next mo. I believe)

#19524 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Sorry, "new-NIB," whether cornerstone, new design/version, etc.

#19525 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

BTTF
Ritchie
Dwight
Randy Martinez
You heard it here 1st.
[quoted image]

I love Steve Ritchie, if it's not another Star Wars I'm in!

#19526 2 years ago

*chef's kiss*

This comedy just keeps writing itself.

#19527 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Dvinyls had a massive US hit with 'I touch myself'. I was in LA at the time visiting when it was blowing up big on radio. Split Enz were Crowded House predecessor, but yeah nothing happened in the US till Crowded house. Aus Crawl was my going to be re-theme suggestion but then I thought I'd go bigger again and suggest Chisel, given the ultimate irony of how massive they were/are here akin to the Yanks talking about how big Rush were there (even though not personally a massive Chisel fan). The other's are good ones too.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Cold Chisel sold 6 million albums, in Australia. Rush has sold 40 million, worldwide. I dont think its that crazy to think Aus has heard if Rush, whereas nobody has heard of Chisel in the US. Either way. Just an anecdote.

I want Mad Max!

#19528 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Cold Chisel sold 6 million albums, in Australia. Rush has sold 40 million, worldwide. I dont think its that crazy to think Aus has heard if Rush, whereas nobody has heard of Chisel in the US. Either way. Just an anecdote.
I want Mad Max!

I just googled "Cold Chisel". Thanks man. I just bought a set for my toolbox.

#19529 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just googled "Cold Chisel". Thanks man. I just bought a set for my toolbox.

Why for your toolbox? Aren't you supposed to keep cold chisels in your refrigerator?

#19530 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Why for your toolbox? Aren't you supposed to keep cold chisels in your refrigerator?

Or for an alternative evening, you can keep them in your pants.

#19531 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I want Mad Max!

Well yeah, kind of plays to my original post's point (in carrying on the sentiment from the previous post in that vein) about being a band (ironically) no one has heard of in US, the way no one has paid attention to Rush in Australia (I for one don't make that point no one has as I have - but fact is muddied a bit cause lived in the US in the early 80's and had but wasn't interested in them nonetheless) . Yeah for movie themes as aside from the Aus vs USA Rush Music theme argument, that Mad Max is a brilliant Movie theme period.

Yeah but I was being a bit tongue in cheek with my reference ie a big Aus band that would be (totally)obscure to the US (as per my reply to Screaminr's post which was in the same vein), like Rush is to Aus. Air Supply were of course massive globally.

#19532 2 years ago

Mad Max is a brilliant Movie theme period.

The Rover - Mad Max 2.0 - a MUST watch…..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2345737/

#19533 2 years ago

Let's face it. This is the biggest musical talent from the land down under and deserves a pin!

#19534 2 years ago

I had such a teenage crush on ONJ back in the day. She was so sweet as Sandra D and then she showed up in those leather pants that zip in the back... GOOD GAWD

#19535 2 years ago

Yeah Olivia was great but you can't beat Kylie

#19536 2 years ago

Guardians pro are set to ship in August. I am getting one.

#19537 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Agreed,
Im actually picking up a JP pro with my Mando Premium today.

Lucky bastard

#19538 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

…… Scream, Kylie Minogue…. SHE’S A GODDESS!
She can do a-ny-thing that she wants to my Pinballs and to my Pinballs a-ny-thing ( no exceptions). Since "I Should Be So Lucky" in the 80’s I’ve been in love of that woman for god sakes my mate Scream, she’s 53 yy and I’m 47 yy but she’s perfect for me

Cheers brother Scream

#19539 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

…… Scream, Kylie Minogue…. SHE’S A GODDESS!
She can do a-ny-thing that she wants to my Pinballs and to my Pinballs a-ny-thing (☝️ no exceptions). Since "I Should Be So Lucky" in the 80’s I’ve been in love of that woman for god sakes my mate Scream, she’s 53 yy and I’m 47 yy but she’s perfect for me
Cheers brother Scream

I know we think alike Rolls
My brother was in her sister's class at high school - Danni .
They lived around the corner from us and she was super cute back then , I'm 48 and she only gets hotter with age .
Like you say , she can do anything with my pinballs anytime no exceptions

IMG_20210731_015840 (resized).jpgIMG_20210731_015840 (resized).jpg
#19540 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yikes! Staying seated.

#19541 2 years ago

Even though Olivia Newton-John as a pin is being a bit sarcastic, Grease as a pin might be worthy. Drag race to hit lit shots as a timed mode, a dance contest multiball, a "not pregnant" ball save, ...

#19542 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Let's face it. This is the biggest musical talent from the land down under and deserves a pin!

Air Supply!!

#19543 2 years ago

Come on guys. It’s ok to be silly here. What do you really think the next stern pin is?

#19544 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I was at a Chicago White Sox game about ~8 weeks ago, the week Mando was released. Waiting in line with my daughter to get her chicken fingers. There were five people in front of me. Three guys and two kids. Both kids had Stern Pinball Hats on. One of the other guys has some sort of pinball hat on, didn’t recognize what it was. So I look at one of the kids and say “Stern pinball, do you like pinball”. Immediately, his dad looks at me and says, “do you play pinball”. I said I do - I own a few machines. Which machines? So ran through my lineup. He pulls out a Stern business card and hands it to me and says call me and I’ll give you a tour. This is someone who definitely watches this thread with a smile on his face. He then says, the boys were at the factory today. I asked, did you play Mando? What do you think? The kid says “I played Mando, it was fun, but {not gonna tell ya} was so much better”. They all squirmed, I asked a few questions that no one answered. It was pretty funny. I won’t betray the confidence of the chicken finger line at Sox park. Hopefully, I’ll get the factory tour. And look forward to {not gonna tell ya}.

There's already been a slight {not gonna tell ya} leak

#19545 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

There's already been a slight {not gonna tell ya} leak

Where?

#19546 2 years ago
#19547 2 years ago
#19550 2 years ago

‘s on first?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

9,000 (Firm)
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 391 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/391 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.