Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,882 posts in this topic. You are on page 386 of 938.
#19251 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Either way each theme needs full assets to be done right.

you are in the Stern thread!

#19252 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

you are in the Stern thread!

Lol yeah. We've seen Stern get full assets before, probably just depends on the cost and if they want to pay it. If BTTF is coming it sounds like it will be the next Kapow game as higher pricing partially due to the license cost. Hopefully the signature edition comes with a piece of the drivers seat from the destroyed Delorean in BTTF 3.

#19253 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

probably just depends on the cost and if they want to pay it. If BTTF is coming it sounds like it will be the next Kapow game as higher pricing partially due to the license cost.

they know they are going to sell no matter what the cost! why fully loaded like Spooky when they will sell out anyway!

#19254 2 years ago

Let's give Stern some time to recuperate. Get caught up over the hump. Give us another couple months to recuperate from that JJP and Spooky buy.
Then release Godzilla, Jaws, BTTF or whatever they have brewing. That way I can swoop up on the NIB purchase have it delivered and start the 6 month cycle again.

#19255 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Either way each theme needs full assets to be done right.

When people talk about full assets are we mostly talking video/audio assets or art as well? I'd prefer Stern artists drawing and creating new art instead of simply pasting licensed assets everywhere. Godzilla sounds like it'd be great but I don't want a picture of the movie godzilla. I'd like to see Zombie Yeti illustrate his vision of godzilla like that draft illustration he did a few years ago.

39914746_10155679698417727_6176893652959232000_n (resized).jpg39914746_10155679698417727_6176893652959232000_n (resized).jpg
#19256 2 years ago

Matt Frank, the artist on the Ultraman pin, has a lot of Godzilla art on his webpage. He'd be a good pick as well.

#19257 2 years ago

I'm going out on a limb, Stern's going to release John Carpenters "The Thing". I am basing this on nothing and will most likely be made fun of. Happy Friday!

#19258 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Matt Frank, the artist on the Ultraman pin, has a lot of Godzilla art on his webpage. He'd be a good pick as well.

Oh man! You weren’t kidding. That’s some nice work. Looking at these monsters got me thinking…what about a Cthulhu pin!!?!?!

#19259 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I'm going out on a limb, Stern's going to release John Carpenters "The Thing". I am basing this on nothing and will most likely be made fun of. Happy Friday!

At least you acknowledge the reason for your theme. You have as much proof as anyone guessing Rush, BTTF, or Welk.

#19260 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

At least you acknowledge the reason for your theme. You have as much proof as anyone guessing Rush, BTTF, or Welk.

Here is my "nothing" aka QAnon wishful thinking. Stern made TMNT, who then partnered with NECA to do a crate of crap. NECA just produced a MacReady The Thing figure, which Stern liked on Instagram. After scrolling through all the NECA posts Stern only "liked" one post of NECA's, The Thing.

Stern knows that the Carpenter license sold well, and will beat Spooky to market with The Thing, even though Halloween already sold out. This is why The Thing will be released.

It's easier to believe all that crap than flat earth.

#19261 2 years ago

I’d be sprung if this were true.

Quoted from BWT67:

Here is my "nothing" aka QAnon wishful thinking. Stern made TMNT, who then partnered with NECA to do a crate of crap. NECA just produced a MacReady The Thing figure, which Stern liked on Instagram. After scrolling through all the NECA posts Stern only "liked" one post of NECA's, The Thing.
Stern knows that the Carpenter license sold well, and will beat Spooky to market with The Thing, even though Halloween already sold out. This is why The Thing will be released.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ef9cc875e6bb7e20b72677e32b4d4466ba0cebdf-1626467237-1800"};
//]]>

#19262 2 years ago

Go, Go, Godzilla

#19263 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Lol, I’m watching The Thing right now! The sheer amount of slime needed to produce that game probably is prohibitive.

#19264 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

The earth is flat. It must be, or all-wheel drive wouldn’t be possible. Plus, pinball playfields would all be warped. Clearly it’s flat.

#19265 2 years ago

So if BTTF is a Kapow release...think it will be $8399 for a premium like Elvira and BM66? I am still hoping for a regular cornerstone release for BTTF so I can buy a pro...

FB_IMG_1626500082604 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626500082604 (resized).jpg
#19266 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So if BTTF is a Kapow release...think it will be $8399 for a premium like Elvira and BM66? I am still hoping for a regular cornerstone release for BTTF so I can buy a pro...
[quoted image]

If Kapow is involved, the price is premium'd up.

#19267 2 years ago

BTTF Does anyone remember! Micheal J Fox, would not sign off for use of his face or his voice for Data East pinball machine. However, BTTF would be nice..
Lets root for the king of the monsters.

mecha (resized).jpgmecha (resized).jpg
#19268 2 years ago

That thing looks like the Power Rangers thing

Quoted from crujones4life:

[quoted image]

It's going to be a Kapow low number "88 Serious Shit Signature Editions". ONLY 88 of them will be made... aka 88SSSE.

#19269 2 years ago

I've just been watching a music show hosted by The Beastie Boys .
It would be perfect for Stern .
You forget how many great songs they got and how many cool videos they have to go with them .
Just need a big subwoofer

#19270 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

BTTF Does anyone remember! Micheal J Fox, would not sign off for use of his face or his voice for Data East pinball machine. However, BTTF would be nice..
Lets root for the king of the monsters.[quoted image]

Yeah, but that’s when he was a big star and Im sure tons of companies were trying to get his likeness for toys and ads.
Things may be different 30 years later. It’s possible his agent turned down DE without asking him if the price wasn’t right.

#19271 2 years ago

Some people like comic versions of pins while others like movie images. Why not a pin based on the movie Tank Girl, where the movie interspersed comic images with the live action scenes?
Tank Girl comic (resized).jpgTank Girl comic (resized).jpg
Tank Girl Lori Petty (resized).pngTank Girl Lori Petty (resized).png

Tank Girl (resized).pngTank Girl (resized).png
#19272 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You forget how many great songs they got and how many cool videos they have to go with them .

I definitely think Beastie Boys should be Sterns first "non-rock" music themed pin. Still appeals to the older audience(I'm 56) but brings in some of the younger crowd as well. So many good songs. So many recognizable songs from all the radio airplay.

watcha want (resized).jpgwatcha want (resized).jpg
#19273 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I definitely think Beastie Boys should be Sterns first "non-rock" music themed pin. Still appeals to the older audience(I'm 56) but brings in some of the younger crowd as well. So many good songs. So many recognizable songs from all the radio airplay.
[quoted image]

I don’t do (or own) music pins because I just don’t want to hear 30 second clips of the same 10 songs over and over. But a Beastie Boys pin…. I’d have to have one.

#19274 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've been plugging Beasties here too for a while. Would be a nice change from all of the straight rock band pins. Mind you so would a Funk themed pin as I've also mentioned.

#19275 2 years ago

1x8s3y (resized).jpg1x8s3y (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19276 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I've been plugging Beasties here too for a while. Would be a nice change from all of the straight rock band pins. Mind you so would a Funk themed pin as I've also mentioned.

Yep , if you do a rap pin it would have to be Beastie Boys , RUN DMC or Eminem , they all have great film clips to go with their music .

#19277 2 years ago

Just visiting Venice and came across this, must be a sign

2021-07-18_163326.jpg2021-07-18_163326.jpg
#19278 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Just visiting Venice and came across this, must be a sign
[quoted image]

That’s a ‘display’ - signs are flat.

<<{~ it’s a joke ~}>>

#19279 2 years ago

Maybe a hint in NYC?

33B88F32-ACF5-4664-B3EF-CCADBD6F4909 (resized).jpeg33B88F32-ACF5-4664-B3EF-CCADBD6F4909 (resized).jpeg
#19280 2 years ago

BTTF let’s go Stern.

71B1153F-16E7-4ECF-AA49-E146E848E45E (resized).jpeg71B1153F-16E7-4ECF-AA49-E146E848E45E (resized).jpeg
#19281 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

BTTF let’s go Stern.
[quoted image]

Great pic!

#19282 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yep , if you do a rap pin it would have to be Beastie Boys , RUN DMC or Eminem , they all have great film clips to go with their music .

Yeah I think old school rap is the go, RUN DMC would be great, imagine a 'Walk This Way' mode to appease all the pinball 'Rockheads', would be epic. Eminem would have plenty of crossover to appease I'm sure too, not really my thing personally though. NWA would be cool to, imagine F the Police, 100 miles and running, Straight Outta Compton, etc.

#19283 2 years ago

Yeah I think old school rap is the go, RUN DMC would be great, imagine a 'Walk This Way' mode to appease all the pinball 'Rockheads', would be epic. Eminem would have plenty of crossover to appease I'm sure too, not really my thing personally though. NWA would be cool to, imagine F the Police, 100 miles and running, Straight Outta Compton, etc.

A NWA pin would be great .
Beastie Boys , RUN DMC , Eminem definitely deserve to have their own pins .
You could always do " Rap " pin grabbing a few songs off a number of groups , like Public Enemy , Ice T , LL Cool J .
Or you could do something like a Def Jam records pin .

#19284 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

A NWA pin would be great .
Beastie Boys , RUN DMC , Eminem definitely deserve to have their own pins .
You could always do " Rap " pin grabbing a few songs off a number of groups , like Public Enemy , Ice T , LL Cool J .
Or you could do something like a Def Jam records pin .

I think a label based scenario would make sense like Def Jam. Otherwise it would probably be licensing nightmare.. Funny I was also going to say P.E. and LL Cool J crossed my mind too. Eric B and Rakim may as well be on the list too

#19285 2 years ago

I think a label based scenario would make sense like Def Jam. Otherwise it would probably be licensing nightmare.. Funny I was also going to say P.E. and LL Cool J crossed my mind too. Eric B and Rakim may as well be on the list too

Can't beat the old school rap , not like the crap rap you get today

#19286 2 years ago

If we are talking old rap...Wu-Tang clan aint nothin to fu<k with!
There are already themes to work with there. Maybe have some EHOH style clips from the old Shaolin Kung Fu flicks.
Killer bees!!

Screenshot_20210719-071157_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210719-071157_Chrome (resized).jpg
#19287 2 years ago

first time on this forum in two months and....

BTTF, check
Godzilla, check
Tank Girl? wait that's new!

#19288 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Can't beat the old school rap , not like the crap rap you get today

As opposed to the crap country, crap rock, crap… all music today?

#19289 2 years ago

Eddie LE white armor and red and white like his guitar.

28D9450C-CE99-4D63-8C83-880376C29161 (resized).jpeg28D9450C-CE99-4D63-8C83-880376C29161 (resized).jpeg

0D712859-A6B1-49AE-B61F-69DFAC7D3F07 (resized).jpeg0D712859-A6B1-49AE-B61F-69DFAC7D3F07 (resized).jpeg
#19290 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

As opposed to the crap country, crap rock, crap… all music today?

Lol , yeah , the old rock , the old country , the old blues , the old rap , it's all better than the new stuff today , but every now and then some good songs do pop up

#19291 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I was jamming VH while playing my pins yesterday and determined that this would be an instabuy for me. Bring it on.

#19292 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I was jamming VH while playing my pins yesterday and determined that this would be an instabuy for me. Bring it on.

100%

#19293 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

BTTF let’s go Stern.
[quoted image]

Just got the first movie poster for my game basement too prior to it being a possibility. Let's go foreshadowing!!!!!

#19294 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just let it be made by Jersey Jack, Stern would cut so many corners they would leave out stripes if it saved them a dollar.

#19295 2 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

Just let it be made by Jersey Jack, Stern would cut so many corners they would leave out stripes if it saved them a dollar.

Yeah, but at least if Stern made it the game would be fun.

#19296 2 years ago

A thought I had after playing it this weekend: How much blasphemy would it be to reskin TWD and release it as something new? Stern probably doesn't need to do it, but I thought the layout was a ton of fun. Just cannot stand the theme. Anyhoo...

#19297 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

A thought I had after playing it this weekend: How much blasphemy would it be to reskin TWD and release it as something new?...

I dont think Stern has ever re-skinned any machine with a new theme have they? So I would assume the chance is 0%.

#19298 2 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

...Stern would cut so many corners....

Whitty! Now is the perfect time to be talking ul JJPs legendary quality

#19299 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I dont think Stern has ever re-skinned any machine with a new theme have they? So I would assume the chance is 0%.

Shrek was a re-themed Family Guy. So they have done it before. To me that wasn't a huge departure as IMO, the person who'd buy a FG might be the same person who'd buy a Shrek.

I'd like them to re-theme Iron Maiden. I have zero interest in that theme. But re-theme with something completely different where you wouldn't be going after the same customer. So don't re-theme with another Metal band is what I am saying.

#19300 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Shrek was a re-themed Family Guy.

Produced at the same time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
There are 46,882 posts in this topic. You are on page 386 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/386?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.