vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 382 of 941.
#19051 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

That is a huge stretch.

Yes it is a stretch, but it's clear in that interview that, for whatever reason, he intended to add a little fuel on the BTTF speculation fire.

#19052 2 years ago

I don’t really foresee a BTTF pin anytime soon, but to play devils advocate for a bit…
Purely speculative of course, but Stern has more of a war chest than they used to. Getting the license is more likely now than it’s been in a long time. Michael J. Fox’s fight with Parkinson’s disease is valiant but I think is getting more difficult for him to carry on with everyday life. Voice acting work can be done relatively easily these days with minimal physical demands. Christopher Lloyd ain’t getting any younger, either. The question is, is the franchise too old for the theme to sell? My kid loves the movies, but I think we’re rapidly nearing a point in time where anyone under 21 years of age is gonna say “Back To The What?”
The Mandalorian sells because Star Wars, because Grogu, because Disney Plus.

#19053 2 years ago

Stern, it’s time for your own twin pins…

He-Man pin and She-Ra pin.

Right Meow.

Please and Thank You.

#19054 2 years ago

He Man / Thundercats

Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Stern, it’s time for your own twin pins…
He-Man pin and She-Ra pin.
Right Meow.
Please and Thank You.

#19055 2 years ago

Where did all the BTTF talk start? Is everyone just trying to wish it into existence or was there a legit leak at one point in the past?

#19056 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Where did all the BTTF talk start? Is everyone just trying to wish it into existence or was there a legit leak at one point in the past?

It’s a big misunderstanding, BTTF is “BeTween Two Ferns”.

#19057 2 years ago

I’d likely buy that before Back to the future haha

Quoted from swampfire:

It’s a big misunderstanding, BTTF is “BeTween Two Ferns”.

#19058 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

He Man / Thundercats

Thundercats / Silverhawks

#19059 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

He Man / Thundercats

G.I. Joe / M.A.S.K.

#19060 2 years ago

IF STERN went the current Spooky approach HALLOWEEN / Ultraman (Stern did this with Family Guy / Shrek) still hope Back To The Future & JAWS eventually come out... I just dread it if two themes I want come out at the same time.

Ecpni95XYAEg0ZW (resized).jpgEcpni95XYAEg0ZW (resized).jpg
#19061 2 years ago

G.I. Joe / M.A.S.K.

Twinks vs Bears \ Top Gun

#19062 2 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing a BTTF as well...but like someone else said earlier Stern can't / won't get good audio/video/voice assets - so it will likely suck ass!

#19063 2 years ago

Battle of the planets / Herculoids

Thundercats / Silverhawks

09678E61-4AD9-4670-A8D2-787CECD9C69E (resized).jpeg09678E61-4AD9-4670-A8D2-787CECD9C69E (resized).jpeg99AF6917-513A-4914-B95F-5AF7B59BFC67 (resized).jpeg99AF6917-513A-4914-B95F-5AF7B59BFC67 (resized).jpeg
#19064 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I wouldn't mind seeing a BTTF as well...but like someone else said earlier Stern can't / won't get good audio/video/voice assets - so it will likely suck ass!

Also said earlier, Pinball Browser will go a long way to fixing that.

#19065 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Yes? All I’m talking about is how he said “which could be a little foreshadowing.” Just made me think that he could be working on BTTF after Mando.

Wouldn’t this mean BTTF is a Richie game since he did High Speed?

#19066 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Battle of the planets / Herculoids
[quoted image][quoted image]

I could get on board with that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19067 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Also said earlier, Pinball Browser will go a long way to fixing that.

Just got out of seeing A Quiet Place double feature and it got me thinking that honestly somebody could take Stranger Things Pro, give it new art, change the assets with Pinball Browser, and have a perfectly themed “A Quiet Place” pinball.

It would be a project, but pretty damn cool.

#19068 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Not necessarily...however Dwight and Ritchie work well together...so maybe. One way or another it's coming.

#19069 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

BTTF as reskinned Getaway, and the upper accelerator is the flux capacitor...who says no?

(Kidding. New layouts please!)

#19070 2 years ago

Who’s designing the next Stern? Borg? Gomez?

#19071 2 years ago

Designing....that’s the joke of the year.

Take a design from the past, reuse. Or fan layout, and put in a bash toy.

Seriously time for sterns new guard to take charge.

***apologies, on a spooky high, should not have had a dig. Own and enjoy sterns***

#19072 2 years ago

Voltron…

#19073 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Designing....that’s the joke of the year.
Take a design from the past, reuse. Or fan layout, and put in a bash toy.
Seriously time for sterns new guard to take charge.

Seriously? Some people are impossible to please. If you do not like em do not buy or play them. There are plenty of options for you.

I think the last few Sterns are awesome.

#19074 2 years ago

I like my sterns. Kept a Tron and Ironman in my row of 6. If Spooky game was a no go I was going pull the trigger on a Jurassic Park or Mandalorian. My other half saying to get a Mandalorian as well. Never thought she would say that.

#19075 2 years ago

Works for me..

#19076 2 years ago

Maybe a new Robocop?

#19077 2 years ago

Voltron would be a great theme in terms of overall cabinet design…I could see it being very PinBot-ish in terms of the visuals, sounds, et cetera.

#19078 2 years ago

Voltron would be a great theme in terms of overall cabinet design…I could see it being very PinBot-ish in terms of the visuals, sounds, et cetera.

But please, PLEASE, make sure that it's not Vehicle Voltron. People get hurt that way.

#19079 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

He Man / Thundercats

The more obvious mixed license would be Transfomers/G.I. Joe

Screenshot_20210708-100415_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210708-100415_Chrome (resized).jpg
#19080 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Please no. Ive already played his 2/3 layouts enough times

#19081 2 years ago

Less obvious = more interesting

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

#19082 2 years ago

Elwin Megadeth please

BC6ADA9C-A58D-4CC4-8896-BB447BBF24F0 (resized).jpegBC6ADA9C-A58D-4CC4-8896-BB447BBF24F0 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19083 2 years ago

Was on a spooky high, do like sterns.so apologise for the comment above.

Love a Flash Gordon with Queen music or a highlander.

Something dark like 300 or John wick.

Family - old classic like - journey to centre earth or war of the worlds.

#19084 2 years ago

What will be interesting will be to see who does the new billion dollar Lord of the Rings TV series that is arriving this fall. There will be a battle for the rights because this show could be epic. I suspect there will be two seasons before Stern does the game. Hopefully it's an Elwin game with Lyman programming!!

#19085 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hopefully it's an Elwin game with Lyman programming!!

Personally I'd rather they didn't put 2 guys who design the game rules framework on one machine, but maybe that's just me. Elwin and Lyman seem to come up with good rulesets separately, no reason to team up on a game.

Part of what I love about Elwin games is the way the layout and rules framework are designed by the same guy.

#19086 2 years ago

I wouldnt be mad if they took another shot at Game of Thrones with the new House of The Dragon series.

#19087 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I wouldnt be mad if they took another shot at Game of Thrones with the new House of The Dragon series.

Can we get at least three seasons though instead of the two like Mando? I realize it's a game and not a movie or show but waiting for more seasons just allows for more badass scenes to be used.

#19088 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Can we get at least three seasons though instead of the two like Mando? I realize it's a game and not a movie or show but waiting for more seasons just allows for more badass scenes to be used.

Mando could have stopped with two seasons though. The story so far had a nice wrapped up vibe. S3 feels a bit like the ongoing adventures of Mando.

#19089 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

I have zero problems with that train of thought.

#19090 2 years ago

I would settle for a Transformers G1 reskin of the existing Transformers pin.

But I would really like it if they did a new design for G1. The music, art, and call outs would be so so nice!

#19091 2 years ago

Spooky has now proven that a layout can be used for two themes. I would like to have the Archer theme. This would sell to those of us who like the layout but don’t like Maiden.

#19092 2 years ago

Something from Don Bluth...

15ACE653-2327-4317-8022-AC7590BE0C32 (resized).jpeg15ACE653-2327-4317-8022-AC7590BE0C32 (resized).jpeg
#19093 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Spooky has now proven that a layout can be used for two themes. I would like to have the Archer theme. This would sell to those of us who like the layout but don’t like Maiden.

I agree with that. I like the Iron Maiden pin, but the theme kills it for me.

It's not like Stern hasn't done this before (Family Guy/Shrek)

I always wondered why they didn't do that more often.

#19094 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Something from Don Bluth...
[quoted image]

Man, the possibilities on a Dragons Lair/Space Ace game…
Qualify a mode by completing xyz, then mode begins with the lcd display showing the animation sequence, then pausing for the players input. Player then has to make the correct shot. An incorrect shot is a fail, and character dies.
Or player has a period of time to make the correct shot.
Lcd sequence continues to the next piece, and player again completes the required shot(s) to complete the mode.
Not too different from Horde in TWD, where the dmd animations reflect shots made.
Artwork would be fantastic, of course. And some plastic moulded toys on the playfield to create a castle/space environment could be very cool.
Since there’s a pinball element involved, it could be far better than the original games. Greater replayability.

#19095 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Since there’s a pinball element involved, it could be far better than the original games. Greater replayability.

I must be the only person that thought Dragon’s Lair and Space Ace sucked. I do remember how excited I was the first time I played it and saw it and the display, but also how ultimately disappointed I was in the reality of the gameplay and how limiting it felt in comparison to other arcade games at the time.

#19096 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I must be the only person that thought Dragon’s Lair and Space Ace sucked. I do remember how excited I was the first time I played it and saw it and the display, but also how ultimately disappointed I was in the reality of the gameplay and how limiting it felt in comparison to other arcade games at the time.

I just hated losing 50 cents in 20 seconds. And then waiting in line to do it again!

#19097 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just hated losing 50 cents in 20 seconds. And then waiting in line to do it again!

That was definitely part of the problem for me. Also having 4-5 people standing right behind you breathing down your neck while playing.

#19098 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

That was definitely part of the problem for me. Also having 4-5 people standing right behind you breathing down your neck while playing.

For sure. It was way too hard for kids playing in public with other people watching and way too expensive. But a pinball version could be a blast, and the artwork was always pretty iconic. Plus, if you have the home version, at least you don’t have to keep feeding it quarters!

C48A9CDF-01E7-4946-B522-70C4F53B93B9 (resized).pngC48A9CDF-01E7-4946-B522-70C4F53B93B9 (resized).png
#19099 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

For sure. It was way too hard for kids playing in public with other people watching and way too expensive. But a pinball version could be a blast, and the artwork was always pretty iconic. Plus, if you have the home version, at least you don’t have to keep feeding it quarters!
[quoted image]

I can't believe I am saying this, but if they make a 1up with DL 1&2 along with Space Ace, I would buy it.

#19100 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I can't believe I am saying this, but if they make a 1up with DL 1&2 along with Space Ace, I would buy it.

Get your credit card. Just pick out if you want the package in a Dragon's Lair or Space Ace Cabinet.
https://arcade1up.com/products/dragons-lair-arcade-cabinet
https://arcade1up.com/products/space-ace-arcade-cabinet

DL (resized).jpgDL (resized).jpgSA (resized).jpgSA (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 382 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/382?hl=truthdivides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.