20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,060 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 942.
#18851 2 years ago

Keith's BTTF will be amazing!

1991 (resized).jpg1991 (resized).jpg
#18852 2 years ago

Kieth is doing Godzilla. BTTF is Kaminkow and will cost $12k, no pro or premium models...only LE w/ topper sold separately

Quoted from crujones4life:

Keith's BTTF will be amazing!
[quoted image]

#18853 2 years ago

Bttf's code name is Godzilla because it's going to be a monster of a game!

#18854 2 years ago

Been there, done it, bought the t-shirt.

#18855 2 years ago

No, it ain’t.

Quoted from rwmech5:

Bttf's code name is Godzilla because it's going to be a monster of a game!

#18856 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No, it ain’t.

No it ain't, meaning Godzilla is not the code name for BTTF, or no it ain't, meaning it's not going to be a monster of a game?

#18857 2 years ago

Godzilla ain't coming. It's BTTF. Rest assured.

#18858 2 years ago
15891CA1-DD7F-4AE1-B9DD-74BAEDADE22C (resized).jpeg15891CA1-DD7F-4AE1-B9DD-74BAEDADE22C (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18859 2 years ago

Man I want in on a BTTF pin, I bet it Rocks Huey Lewis and the News.

#18860 2 years ago

I'll take that bet. Godzilla is the next cornerstone.

#18861 2 years ago

I'll hold out on a Godzilla

#18862 2 years ago

The fact of the matter is that no one really knows. But, I DO think that Godzilla is in fact next and that BTTF will be made. It will be a Kapow game...and likely not coming this year. Stern does not acquire licenses that it does not intend to use. They have TOHO Godzilla and we know this because they snaked it from Spooky. Also, there are a bunch of people at Stern who are amped to make the game. AND...there are Godzilla Easter eggs in TMNT.

#18863 2 years ago

Stern will and has let licenses expire without ever making anything with them. But they did Charlie wrong on Godzilla, and they know it. They will make it.

#18864 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Seems valid. I was hoping for a vault sprinkled in sometime this year. But if they are kicking out new pins - that are hits - then keep on trucking with the new stuff.

Looks like another IMVE run for this years vault ?

imv (resized).JPGimv (resized).JPG
#18865 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Looks like another IMVE run for this years vault ?[quoted image]

Interesting. I may have to snag it this time around.

WAIT. Holy Shit - 9500 bucks? Never mind. Seriously, a new Stern PRO is almost 10K??? Really!?

#18866 2 years ago

That MUST be msrp, not retail.

Quoted from Goronic:

WAIT. Holy Shit - 9500 bucks? Never mind. Seriously, a new Stern PRO is almost 10K??? Really!?

#18867 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

That has to be AUD. ~$7100 USD.

#18868 2 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Man I want in on a BTTF pin, I bet it Rocks Huey Lewis and the News.

It has too. If they found a way to work the greatest version of Earth Angel of all time into the game that would be badass too. Enchantment Under the Sea Dance Multiball!

#18869 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That has to be AUD. ~$7100 USD.

Correctomundo, $9450AUD is what we pay for a pro here in Aus, no if ands or buts.
I.E. no “street” price…

#18870 2 years ago

Thats not the domestic price. Probably around $6k domestically

Looks like a great PRO.

Quoted from Goronic:

#18871 2 years ago

Yeah I'm hearing BTTF is next. That will save me money. Hard pass.

#18872 2 years ago

BTTF please!!

#18873 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'm hearing Stern may only launch one more game this year - Keith's. Pretty similar to last year's 3 announcements with 2 available in the year and the 3rd available early the following year.

They cant keep up with what they have.

#18874 2 years ago

Expand!

#18875 2 years ago

Wrong and I will also take that bet.

#18876 2 years ago

TOHO?

#18877 2 years ago

Tofu - way scarier !

#18879 2 years ago

Is Godilla LE and Back to the Future LE sold out? Are there any games I should buy before Stern announces?

#18880 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Is Godilla LE and Back to the Future LE sold out?

Asking around apparently they are! I only buy every third or fourth game and I've always gone for LEs when possible on NIB because it makes the most sense from a financial standpoint. The LE is the top of the line and most of the time there is little or no depreciation on an LE when you go to sell them if not a bit of profit. At this point it seems like the dealers all have their few people that buy every LE and those few may still get them for MSRP, but the rest of us may have to bid on them if spots do come available. At a minimum it will be a mad scramble against people looking to buy and flip.

So at this point I am considering myself a Premium buyer. This does have its advantages too. For one it is the last version to be released so you have time to think it over and maybe play an LE before committing. Also, Stern seems to be selling nice side armor, art blades, toppers and other items that can go on the Premiums. And no, I will never consider a Pro as an option except Iron Man VE.

Speaking of Iron Man VE; is there any truth to a possible small batch of those soon?

#18881 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Speaking of Iron Man VE; is there any truth to a possible small batch of those soon?

In October. About a month after BTTF is released.

#18882 2 years ago

Help me with the BTTF stuff? I can't believe how many people are gaga over a remake. Am I missing something?

#18883 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Help me with the BTTF stuff? I can't believe how many people are gaga over a remake. Am I missing something?

"Remake" is a misnomer here. That is unless you consider the JJP PoTC to be a remake of the Stern one. Or the JP2 to be a remake of the DE JP. This would be a fresh take on the property (which would hopefully be AMAZING!!!!).

#18884 2 years ago

We don’t really know that for sure. JP was a remake of DE JP...with CHAOS, control room, TREX head etc. Sterns is far superior of course. The making of BTTF could be a similar approach...although there IS very little to work with on the original. It’s all moot anyway because we’re getting Godzilla...not BTTF haha

Quoted from rmongold:

"Remake" is a misnomer here. That is unless you consider the JJP PoTC to be a remake of the Stern one. Or the JP2 to be a remake of the DE JP. This would be a fresh take on the property (which would hopefully be AMAZING!!!!).

#18885 2 years ago
#18886 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

We don’t really know that for sure. JP was a remake of DE JP...with CHAOS, control room, TREX head etc. Sterns is far superior of course. The making of BTTF could be a similar approach...although there IS very little to work with on the original. It’s all moot anyway because we’re getting Godzilla...not BTTF haha

Touché, friend, touché.

#18887 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Seems unlikely that we will see a vault this year with the huge backlog Stern has.

#18888 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Seems unlikely that we will see a vault this year with the huge backlog Stern has.

If you look at it the other way it might make sense. With all sorts of parts and supply shortages, Stern might actually be in a position to use some parts on hand to make a VE since its different electronics than the current running games?

#18889 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If you look at it the other way it might make sense. With all sorts of parts and supply shortages, Stern might actually be in a position to use some parts on hand to make a VE since its different electronics than the current running games?

This is very possible. They would need a bunch of parts though. I would assume the chip shortages would effect the older boardset too. Maybe not.

#18890 2 years ago

If you happen to know that for a fact why don’t you share with the rest of the class exactly how you know that for a fact.

#18891 2 years ago

Can we please get a new South Park?

Asking on behalf of all the operator's out there.

#18892 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

No. You are not. I'm with you. Bttf was cool...about 35 years ago. Dead franchise, outdated car, idea for a pin was already done...and not very well. Even the ride at universal is gone. There are so many modern ips to do over this 'has been ' stuff. Stranger things and mandolorian are the direction pins should be . Modern stuff.

#18893 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

But if you factor in the CPU board problem with Spike due to chip shortage, maybe it makes sense. Make Iron Man with simpler boards with older chips they can easily get while waiting for their Spike CPU board issue to ease. It's all about keeping the line running...

#18894 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

No. You are not. I'm with you. Bttf was cool...about 35 years ago. Dead franchise, outdated car, idea for a pin was already done...and not very well. Even the ride at universal is gone. There are so many modern ips to do over this 'has been ' stuff. Stranger things and mandolorian are the direction pins should be . Modern stuff.

There are a few squeaky wheels out there who really want this game, so it is a perfect theme for a boutique Kapow game with high price and not so many units sold. And yes, the movie has not aged well. It is unbearable to try and watch in 2021 unlike a lot of the classic older movies. Also, the car is not only outdated, its one of the biggest pieces of shit ever made. I could outrun it 0-60 on a Bigwheel and I'm not sure it can even do 88. But hey, to each their own. To me WPT was one of the greatest themes ever.

#18895 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

There are a few squeaky wheels out there who really want this game, so it is a perfect theme for a boutique Kapow game with high price and not so many units sold. And yes, the movie has not aged well. It is unbearable to try and watch in 2021 unlike a lot of the classic older movies. Also, the car is not only outdated, its one of the biggest pieces of shit ever made. I could outrun it 0-60 on a Bigwheel and I'm not sure it can even do 88. But hey, to each their own. To me WPT was one of the greatest themes ever.

Hard disagree. The movie has aged extremely well and is very enjoyable to people viewing it for the first time in 2021.

#18896 2 years ago

So we've gone from Godzilla being a sure thing to Back to the Future once again?

#18897 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Bigwheel. Lol. Man, did I love my Bigwheel when I was a kid. I blew through 2 transmissions on mine. The DeLorean was indeed a failed concept car, heavy and slow. But, at least it was expensive! Remember tho, Doc Brown chose the vehicle for its steel body, which presumably could withstand the physical demands of time travel. The story behind the car and John DeLorean’s life are worth a read. He was a successful auto developer at GM for years before starting his own company. 8 years and $175 million later, the DeLorean rolled (slowly) off the line. But sales were even slower and the company soon went under. Soon after John DeLorean was arrested and tried for cocaine smuggling. But he was acquitted due to entrapment. Dude had a colorful life.

#18898 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

So we've gone from Godzilla being a sure thing to Back to the Future once again?

I am still sticking with Godzilla.

#18899 2 years ago

It's Godzilla

#18900 2 years ago
06fc408d38e466ddf63fcdeeae741da2fd789d03 (resized).jpg06fc408d38e466ddf63fcdeeae741da2fd789d03 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 549.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 47,060 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/378?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.