Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 375 of 938.
#18701 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I’d personally love to see them get away from classic rock and do some more timeless stuff like Ludwig van Beethoven, Celine Dion, or Tom Jones. Stuff everyone would like.

I wouldn't mind seeing something different from classic rock...like alternative rock (not a far leap, I understand). But WTF...Celine Dion, Tom Jones, BEETHOVEN! This is sarcasm, right? No? I'm out on theme alone.

#18702 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I wouldn't mind seeing something different from classic rock...like alternative rock (not a far leap, I understand). But WTF...Celine Dion, Tom Jones, BEETHOVEN! This is sarcasm, right? No? I'm out on theme alone.

Bob Marley

#18703 2 years ago

But...I HATE things that everyone likes. That’s why I play pinball.

I can’t see Journey ever becoming a pin. They have no real following. The music pins that get made are either groups with multiple billboard hits that have stood the test of time like Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and GnR. The other music pins are bands with cult followings such as Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, and Primus. And those were all smaller runs. If Rush gets made, I can’t imagine there would be be 2000 made. Rush has tons of fans, especially men over a certain age, but less universal appeal than the bands mentioned above. Journey has been relegated to a drunken sing along for 20 something girls and frat bros. I’d personally love to see them get away from classic rock and do some more timeless stuff like Ludwig van Beethoven, Celine Dion, or Tom Jones. Stuff everyone would like.

#18704 2 years ago

I was just thinking how the whole family would love a Beethoven pin. Or like singing along with Tom Jones with my kids and parents.

#18705 2 years ago

I was just thinking how the whole family would love a Beethoven pin.

Yep, Peanuts would sell
FB67D8B1-612A-4ADF-A3ED-200AEBF626A5 (resized).jpegFB67D8B1-612A-4ADF-A3ED-200AEBF626A5 (resized).jpeg

#18706 2 years ago

I was just thinking how the whole family would love a Beethoven pin. Or like singing along with Tom Jones with my kids and parents.

download (6) (resized).jpgdownload (6) (resized).jpg
#18707 2 years ago

I’d personally love to see them get away from classic rock and do some more timeless stuff like Ludwig van Beethoven, Celine Dion, or Tom Jones. Stuff everyone would like.

If you’re gonna troll, at least troll in the right direction:

8E0E1CDE-47F4-4BD4-BF99-5B1A2F6F3EED (resized).jpeg8E0E1CDE-47F4-4BD4-BF99-5B1A2F6F3EED (resized).jpeg
#18708 2 years ago

I can’t see Journey ever becoming a pin. They have no real following. The music pins that get made are either groups with multiple billboard hits that have stood the test of time like Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and GnR. The other music pins are bands with cult followings such as Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, and Primus. And those were all smaller runs. If Rush gets made, I can’t imagine there would be be 2000 made. Rush has tons of fans, especially men over a certain age, but less universal appeal than the bands mentioned above. Journey has been relegated to a drunken sing along for 20 something girls and frat bros. I’d personally love to see them get away from classic rock and do some more timeless stuff like Ludwig van Beethoven, Celine Dion, or Tom Jones. Stuff everyone would like.

I would agree that Journey seems less likely to become a pin than Rush or the classic rock bands you listed, but I think you are underestimating how big they were, and their following. They had 19 top 40 hits, which is a boatload, and sold 80 million albums. Steve Perry was a stellar lead vocalist and Neal Schon can hang with anyone on guitar, dude was in frickin Santana at age 16. That’s bonkers. But they probably belong in the REO Speedwagon/STYX/ELO group of pop rock bands just a notch below the legends like Led Zep, Floyd, Stones, Beatles, and, of course, King Crimson.

Props for the Celine Dion push. I didn’t see that one coming.

#18709 2 years ago

Journey were MASSIVE and continue to this day to pull massive audiences, albeit with the current lineup... which is a testament to just how great those songs are/were. I would buy a Journey pinball in a heartbeat. I think a Motley pin would make money too as would a Bon Jovi.... but I think a Van Halen pinball is the one that has been missed and would do really well in both the home market and on site to put into suburban bars etc. Broad market, fantastic upbeat songs, super marketable imagery, tons of incredible video footage to use and they could get DLR to do the callouts.... like seriously, just build it and take my money. Honk if you agree.

#18710 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I would agree that Journey seems less likely to become a pin than Rush or the classic rock bands you listed, but I think you are underestimating how big they were, and their following. They had 19 top 40 hits, which is a boatload, and sold 80 million albums. Steve Perry was a stellar lead vocalist and Neal Schon can hang with anyone on guitar, dude was in frickin Santana at age 16. That’s bonkers. But they probably belong in the REO Speedwagon/STYX/ELO group of pop rock bands just a notch below the legends like Led Zep, Floyd, Stones, Beatles, and, of course, King Crimson.

Uh...ELO is NOT in the same category as REO and Styx. Jeff Lynne is a genius who has not only written countless hits, but helped resurrect the careers of his fellow Travelling Wilburys members. There's a reason he still sells out arenas and stadiums, both in America and Europe. There's a reason John Lennon called ELO "son of Beatles."

#18711 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So any truth that Journey might be Borg's game?
Really hoping Rush is code name for Journey.
Lyman and Journey could be an epic ride.
Don't stop believin', it may be true!

Steve Perry Journey, yes. Other,imposter guy...no.

EB6BDEE1-5438-49C5-BE37-EC241F480BB5 (resized).jpegEB6BDEE1-5438-49C5-BE37-EC241F480BB5 (resized).jpeg

#18712 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Journey were MASSIVE and continue to this day to pull massive audiences, albeit with the current lineup... which is a testament to just how great those songs are/were. I would buy a Journey pinball in a heartbeat. I think a Motley pin would make money too as would a Bon Jovi.... but I think a Van Halen pinball is the one that has been missed and would do really well in both the home market and on site to put into suburban bars etc. Broad market, fantastic upbeat songs, super marketable imagery, tons of incredible video footage to use and they could get DLR to do the callouts.... like seriously, just build it and take my money. Honk if you agree.

You must be the one Aussie who knows about Journey . I just looked up their greatest hits and the only song the wife and I recognise is their second song . They might be big in the US but nothing compared to any of the other bands worldwide .

Ha , this is how we know the song , the ad just came up after I posted this .

#18713 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Uh...ELO is NOT in the same category as REO and Styx. Jeff Lynne is a genius who has not only written countless hits, but helped resurrect the careers of his fellow Travelling Wilburys members. There's a reason he still sells out arenas and stadiums, both in America and Europe. There's a reason John Lennon called ELO "son of Beatles."

ELO rock , I have their best of hits , in my car CD stacker for over five-years ( time for a change ) .
But I wouldn't want an ELO pin but give me a RUN DMC or Beastie Boys pin any day , they have the multimedia to go with it , to make it great .

#18714 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You must be the one Aussie who knows about Journey . I just looked up their greatest hits and the only song the wife and I recognise is their second song . They might be big in the US but nothing compared to any of the other bands worldwide .

While I am unsure about feasibility for pin sales, if Australians really don’t know of a band that sold 80 million records globally it would seem to say more about about you then it does about Journey… right?

#18715 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

While I am unsure about feasibility for pin sales, if Australians really don’t know of a band that sold 80 million records globally it would seem to say more about about you then it does about Journey… right?

Hello McFly , the US has large population and can sell millions of records and have no influence on the rest of the world .
For example Garth Brooks is one of the highest selling artists of all time , yet no one in Australia would be able to name one of his songs , just saying .

IMG_20191206_235121 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_235121 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_230314 (resized).jpgIMG_20210606_230314 (resized).jpg
#18716 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hello McFly , the US has large population and can sell millions of records and have no influence on the rest of the world .
For example Garth Brooks is one of the highest selling artists of all time , yet no one in Australia would be able to name one of his songs , just saying .

You’re right. It would appear that the US does make up about 3/4 of their sales.

https://chartmasters.org/2019/09/journey-albums-and-songs-sales/

#18717 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Finally a Back To The Future post it’s felt like it’s been since 2015 in this thread....

#18718 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You’re right. It would appear that the US does make up about 3/4 of their sales.

Going to bet that 3/4 of Stern’s sales are US as well.

#18719 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I've had a few beers , and don't want to be rude , just saying that there are a few American bands which aren't widely known worldwide .

Quoted from Lounge:

Going to bet that 3/4 of Stern’s sales are US as well.

I'm not sure of the numbers but I have heard 50% of the LE's go overseas .

#18720 2 years ago

I have to admit - looking at the sales numbers of various ‘best-selling’ artists makes me lose more faith in humanity than I already had.

#18721 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've had a few beers , and don't want to be rude , just saying that there are a few American bands which aren't widely known worldwide .

I didn’t personally find it rude at all. I hope my posts didn’t come off that way either.

#18722 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I didn’t personally find it rude at all. I hope my posts didn’t come off that way either.

All good mate , I love the debate , this is what's it's all about .

#18723 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've had a few beers

It's 10AM here right now in EST USA...

Harry Dunne: I don’t get it, Lloyd. She told me ten o’ clock, sharp! Are you sure you went to the right bar?
Lloyd: Yep. I’m pretty sure. Lobby bar right by the lobby.
Harry Dunne: Maybe she just had a change of heart.
Harry Dunne: Oh, that pisses me off! That pisses me right off! I hate when women do that. She wanted to see you again! And now no? Now… Wait a minute! Wait! She must have meant ten o’ clock at night!
Llyod: Do you think…?
Harry Dunne: Why would she have you meet her in a bar at ten in the morning?
Llyod: I just figured she was a raging alcoholic.
18d1b76b-ace6-408d-8e27-998d20a77b9c_screenshot (resized).jpg18d1b76b-ace6-408d-8e27-998d20a77b9c_screenshot (resized).jpg

#18724 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

It's 10AM here right now in EST USA...

It's just gone 12 o'clock at night and the wife is yelling at me to go to bed .
I don't need the headache of her going off at me ,
so I'll speak to you guys later on

#18725 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All good mate , I love the debate , this is what's it's all about .

I wish we Americans had come up with the “ mate” thing. Sounds happy , friendly and cool but can’t use it!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18726 2 years ago

Hey guys just wandering do we think Godzilla still on schedule for late September ?

an anything about the romours on the mech is ball grabing like the T-Rex in JP

an what colors do u think the artwork would be?

hard to save witch way they go king of monsters blueish or toho either green or red ?

images (20) (resized).jpegimages (20) (resized).jpegimages (21) (resized).jpegimages (21) (resized).jpeg
#18727 2 years ago

We know Keith is up who is coder ? an artwork ?

#18728 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Ha , this is how we know the song , the ad just came up after I posted this .

That is an AWESOME commercial!

#18729 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Journeys first album is actually really good. The rest I wouldn’t listen to. They’re current drummer Steve Smith is maybe my favorite modern drummer. He’s an incredible player and his drum knowledge is extremely deep. With people bitching about dad rock pins, Steely Dan would probably be the funniest fucking pin in the world.

#18730 2 years ago
Quoted from DeprivedFallacy:

Hey guys just wandering do we think Godzilla still on schedule for late September ?
an anything about the romours on the mech is ball grabing like the T-Rex in JP
an what colors do u think the artwork would be?
hard to save witch way they go king of monsters blueish or toho either green or red ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t think elwin would do the same type of mech again, hopefully they do something a little out of the box on color palette but I wouldn’t expect much. Either way I’m in.

#18731 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

John Lennon also was a horrible father, allowed Yoko to influence his career, was an addict and thought side 2 of Abbey Road wasn't particularly good. The older I get the less interesting I find him. ELO was good but they're definitely an acquired taste.

#18732 2 years ago

Internationally know music artist, 8-80yr olds attend the concerts
Parrot Heads---Mr Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffett

#18733 2 years ago

ELO, like Queen, was a high energy band. That’s why they’d be so great for pinball. But yeah, it would be a very niche audience.

#18734 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

John Lennon also was a horrible father, allowed Yoko to influence his career, was an addict and thought side 2 of Abbey Road wasn't particularly good. The older I get the less interesting I find him. ELO was good but they're definitely an acquired taste.

I agree with everything but your last sentence. But then again, a lot of assholes made great art.

#18735 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

But Rock Lobster made him get back in the studio. Let’s go B52 theme!!

I kid I kid

#18736 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

But Rock Lobster made him get back in the studio. Let’s go B52 theme!!
I kid I kid

6D67990A-68C9-4E79-AA30-50DB10BE9DC3 (resized).jpeg6D67990A-68C9-4E79-AA30-50DB10BE9DC3 (resized).jpeg
#18737 2 years ago

You could honestly slap a few pictures of the B-52s on the Beatles pin and change the music and no one would know the difference.

#18738 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Uh, I respectfully disagree with you, if we are going by their respective success as bands, looking at sales and hits, they are all fairly comparable...

Journey 80 mil records sold, 19 top 40 hits
ELO 50 mil records sold, 20 top 40
Reo 40 mil records sold, 13 top 40
Styx 54 mil records sold, 16 top 40

But if we are going by how much you enjoy ELO, I can’t argue with how you feel about them! Jeff Lynne is indeed awesome. What about Roger Hodgson of Supertramp? If you haven’t seen his solo concert DVD Take The Long Way Home from 2006 it’s great. He sounded exactly the same. He was offered the lead vocalist spot in Yes in the late 80s or 90s and declined. I personally love ELO, and would love to see an ELO pin.

#18739 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Uh, I respectfully disagree with you, if we are going by their respective success as bands, looking at sales and hits, they are all fairly comparable...
Journey 80 mil records sold, 19 top 40 hits
ELO 50 mil records sold, 20 top 40
Reo 40 mil records sold, 13 top 40
Styx 54 mil records sold, 16 top 40
But if we are going by how much you enjoy ELO, I can’t argue with how you feel about them! Jeff Lynne is indeed awesome. What about Roger Hodgson of Supertramp? If you haven’t seen his solo concert DVD Take The Long Way Home from 2006 it’s great. He sounded exactly the same. He was offered the lead vocalist spot in Yes in the late 80s or 90s and declined. I personally love ELO, and would love to see an ELO pin.

You're talking America. I'm talking globally. Also, I was talking about the songwriting, production, etc, etc. Jeff Lynne did all of it, both for ELO as well as for the Beatles and others. The respect he garnered from people like Paul McCartney, Roy Orbison and others is in a different league than the other bands you mentioned. If you go by popularity contests, some of today's "artists" would outshine the bands we grew up with...but we both know their talent is crap when you can just record to a laptop and fix your mistakes.

I love all those other bands as well, but I'm not just going by what I like. I also saw Roger Hodgson on his last tour here in Jersey and he was amazing...kept a video of The Logical Song on my phone, I was so impressed.

I'd love a Stern ELO pin but it'll never happen. Neither will REO, Styx, Supertramp, or even Journey, IMO. So they all have that in common.

#18740 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're talking America. I'm talking globally. Also, I was talking about the songwriting, production, etc, etc. Jeff Lynne did all of it, both for ELO as well as for the Beatles and others. The respect he garnered from people like Paul McCartney, Roy Orbison and others is in a different league than the other bands you mentioned. If you go by popularity contests, some of today's "artists" would outshine the bands we grew up with...but we both know their talent is crap when you can just record to a laptop and fix your mistakes.
I love all those other bands as well, but I'm not just going by what I like. I also saw Roger Hodgson on his last tour here in Jersey and he was amazing...kept a video of The Logical Song on my phone, I was so impressed.
I'd love a Stern ELO pin but it'll never happen. Neither will REO, Styx, Supertramp, or even Journey, IMO. So they all have that in common.

I forgot all about America! They are an awesome 70s/80s band too! Those were global sales, but I hear ya. Many ways to measure an artist’s success. I agree about today’s music, I’m personally not a fan of much of it. But I’m getting up there in years now and music passed me by somewhere in the grunge era. Nobody talks about Milli Vanilli here either.

#18741 2 years ago

Seen Loki mentioned now a couple of times. With new series coming out, why not. I think it has tremendous potential.

Other anti-hero / villain pins: how about a Joker pin to put next to your Batman? Harley Quinn could also make for an interesting game.

#18742 2 years ago

How about godzilla with a metal band soundtrack or like another pinsider mentioned a highlander pin with queen as the soundtrack just like in the actual movie. Or Queen and a flash Gordon movie pin.

#18743 2 years ago
bttf (resized).jpgbttf (resized).jpg
#18744 2 years ago

I truly hope Stern never makes it. It will be just a Stern.

#18745 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I truly hope Stern never makes it. It will be just a Stern.

Stern makes plenty of great games. Even the one's people seem to dislike are decent IMHO. I wouldn't think that they couldn't make a great BTTF. Time will tell. Not my theme anyway. Now Godzilla is definitely something I would be interested in.

#18746 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Now Godzilla is definitely something I would be interested in.

Start saving your money, cuz Godzilla is coming.

#18747 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Start saving your money, cuz Godzilla is coming.

I'm worried about it because how the Mandaoran LE s sold out. I would like to get a Godzilla LE but won't pay over retail for it. Things are getting crazy. Godzilla is the king of Monsters.

#18748 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I'm worried about it because how the Mandaoran LE s sold out. I would like to get a Godzilla LE but won't pay over retail for it. Things are getting crazy. Godzilla is the king of Monsters.

Yeah, but Godzilla is nowhere near as popular a theme as the Star Wars franchise.

There will be many factors to consider, but I am certain that getting a Godzilla LE will be nowhere near as difficult as it was to get a Mando LE.

#18749 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, but Godzilla is nowhere near as popular a theme as the Star Wars franchise.
There will be many factors to consider, but I am certain that getting a Godzilla LE will be nowhere near as difficult as it was to get a Mando LE.

That's good news for me. It's starting to look like people are buying the games, toppers and other stuff just to resell. I wouldn't buy from a dirt bag like that and if others would do the same we wouldn't have this BS.

#18750 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Based on the Mando nonsense that happened with our local distributor here telling me they had people on a list for Mando LE months out, I said to them may as well put me down for Godzilla LE now and the possibility of Jaws LE in the future, if we're going to start doing this kind of thing with our Distributors

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 46,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 375 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/375 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.