Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,882 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 938.
#18651 2 years ago

Okay, there are very few dream themes left for me as a lot of my favorite things would make horrible pinball machine (and maybe this idea would too), but there is one thing that would be an almost auto-buy for me, but will never happen for various reasons. A Star Trek pin based on the original show with lyman theme integration and Shatner doing the call outs. Now, I realize there's been too many Star Trek games already -- and the time for an original series game is probably past (even in the pinball world), but I think they could probably procure a lot of assets and nail theme integration.

Elwin Godzilla could be cool too, though!

#18652 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I need the them to make a VE Tron. No need to pay these inflated prices for a game made in 2012.

That's the going market on them... If you want Tron pin now, buy a Tron pin now... I don't think they will ever Vault Tron Legacy. I own a TRON LE and I'd want STERN to vault it so others can enjoy the game; but I just don't see it happening. I do see them making a Tron 82' reskin (next year marks the 40th anniversary) / or new Tron 3 to match that with the upcoming Tron 3 movie & Disney's 50th with the new TRON roller coaster coming to WDW.

#18653 2 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Okay, there are very few dream themes left for me as a lot of my favorite things would make horrible pinball machine (and maybe this idea would too), but there is one thing that would be an almost auto-buy for me, but will never happen for various reasons. A Star Trek pin based on the original show with lyman theme integration and Shatner doing the call outs. Now, I realize there's been too many Star Trek games already -- and the time for an original series game is probably past (even in the pinball world), but I think they could probably procure a lot of assets and nail theme integration.
Elwin Godzilla could be cool too, though!

Shatner at 90 looks & sounds fantastic!

#18654 2 years ago

OK,a original ST done brand new with the original cast???Instant buy for me!!HAY ZITT,what do ya say??

#18655 2 years ago

So glad I'm a virtual pinball game designer, I can make all these 'dream pins' in a heartbeat. I can't imagine the pain you guys go through waiting year after year for your pin of choice to show up, only to suffer crushing disappointment when it's another bloody Rock pin. Stern are chasing the money....Mando over BTTF? One is hot, one is not. Godzilla over Jaws? One is hot, one is not. Etc, etc.

#18656 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

So glad I'm a virtual pinball game designer, I can make all these 'dream pins' in a heartbeat.

You can "virtually" make them,... wich you don't need to, because Pinball FX allready made those mentioned two.

#18657 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

I would like to see an original pinball for a change. No license, just something fun to play like the good ole days of Funhouse and Theater of Magic, etc. But I doubt they will since it seems the $$$ is in licensed themes. (snip).

Agreed.

Whitewater. Medieval Madness. Tales of the Arabian Nights. Attack from Mars. Cirqus Voltaire. Fish Tales. The Getaway. No Good Gofers. Black Rose. Cactus Canyon... all off license. If it's a great machine, it's a great machine.

#18658 2 years ago
Quoted from sixgill:

Agreed.
Whitewater. Medieval Madness. Tales of the Arabian Nights. Attack from Mars. Cirqus Voltaire. Fish Tales. The Getaway. No Good Gofers. Black Rose. Cactus Canyon... all off license. If it's a great machine, it's a great machine.

Deeproot is for you! That is what they have promised, unlicenced machines.

I do not think Stern should go down this route. Licence sells games.

#18659 2 years ago

I think if they did Harry Potter a lot of guys collections could expand with the wives buying into this pin just sayin...

#18660 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

So glad I'm a virtual pinball game designer, I can make all these 'dream pins' in a heartbeat. I can't imagine the pain you guys go through waiting year after year for your pin of choice to show up, only to suffer crushing disappointment

But in the end you have a virtual game. I'll stick to real machines.

#18661 2 years ago

My family would be all in for a Harry Potter. Wish there were more rumors about that being true.

#18662 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

I would like to see an original pinball for a change. No license, just something fun to play like the good ole days of Funhouse and Theater of Magic, etc. But I doubt they will since it seems the $$$ is in licensed themes. But if they must do another licensed music theme, I say Def Leppard.

Black Knight is -> in some Areas <- the best game Stern did in ages.
Like fighting your way past the black knight (with all the entrances to the upper playfield closed) to get to the next Level is like a never seen theme integration in playfield design itself at Stern. It has all the humor of a classic original game and while not going wild mechanically -cause it's still a Stern- the flail IS a new thing and the shield as a backkicker pretty rad and both fit in perfectly with the theme. This is the most homogeneous package Stern has ever delivered... that I can remember.

[Edit: And you instantly kow what to do when you start the game. You fight the Black Knight. Fighting the Black Knight IS the game! I love that, just like I love MM for that; you have a story and a clear, self-explenatory goal without a word!]

To me it feels like the complete opposite of the Mandalorian in that areas with "yeah, let's put Baby Yoda in that Corner and make that playfield Mandos face, for the only reason so everybody get's that this is a Mando game". (Not to poop on Mandalorian, it seems awesome in nearly every other aspect, seems to have more Depth, more interresting shots and more flow. etc.)

The thing with original games is that they're "a slow burner" by default. You can never have "LEs sold out before the game is even shown", because you have no attachment to whatever license the other games bring. So BK did not initially set the world on fire, but after ending production after a year or so with "meh" sales, Retailers eventually sold out and Stern is putting it back on the line.

So we'll see if Stern thinks this performed well enough in the long run. But as of today Stern is a company that announces a new (cornerstone) game every 4 months, no matter what! They're still on backorder with older machines, yet still announce Mandalorian (to keep the Hype going ?).
It does make sense wanting to pump out a lot of games out upfront, since you're not competing with the used marked of the same machine that way.

#18663 2 years ago

My 3 dream ones would be Blade Runner , Akira or Tron

#18664 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Black Knight is -> in some Areas <- the best game Stern did in ages.

No.

#18665 2 years ago

Ok, name me one game with a better black knight bash toy on it.

See?

#18666 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

My 3 dream ones would be Blade Runner , Akira or Tron

While I love Blade Runner I can not think of how that would translate well into a pinball machine.
(I'm happily proven wrong.)

Since AKIRA is much more action oriented that'd be way easier to adapt.
(But I think most people will not bare the original Music and with a different Soundtrack it wouldn't be AKIRA. XD )

Original Tron is a bit "dusty", but that's just my taste.

#18667 2 years ago

I know I’m just dreaming, but I’d love to see a Spike2 version of Dirty Harry. Or any action movie that doesn’t have superheroes. I like a pin with car chases and explosions and helicopters.

#18668 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like a pin with car chases [...]

BLUES BROTHERS!!!

#18669 2 years ago

BLACK SABBATH is meant to be.

#18670 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

BLUES BROTHERS!!!

Yes! With a “Jake’s Excuses” mode!!

#18671 2 years ago

I’d almost rather Spooky made it. I don’t trust the old “tastemakers” at Stern or JJP to understand what makes certain rock bands cool...especially proto metal bands like Sabbath. I shudder to think just how f’n CORNY they could make it.

(Exception made for IMDN which Stern nailed 10000%)

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

BLACK SABBATH is meant to be.

#18672 2 years ago

Black Sabbath and some form of Godzilla .Harry Potter better be JJP or Sterns first widebody in ages .Stern can’t keep secrets so expect to know what it is sometime late July or early August .

#18673 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’d almost rather Spooky made it. I don’t trust the old “tastemakers” at Stern or JJP to understand what makes certain rock bands cool...especially proto metal bands like Sabbath. I shudder to think just how f’n CORNY they could make it.
(Exception made for IMDN which Stern nailed 10000%)

It doesn't get much better than IMDN

#18674 2 years ago

I am done with band themes.

I don't know if the license is owned by anyone but what about a pin based on the DC comics universe? We had Batman Dark Knight, but a Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman or even Justice League pin would be cool themes.

#18675 2 years ago

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again. It is a CRIME against humanity that Batman The Animated Series has not been honored in pin form. It’s PERFECT.

Quoted from dinot:

I am done with band themes.
I don't know if the license is owned by anyone but what about a pin based on the DC comics universe? We had Batman Dark Knight, but a Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman or even Justice League pin would be cool themes.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18676 2 years ago

Legend of Zelda would be an instant buy for me

Spaceballs, Airplane or Major league for the call outs alone

#18677 2 years ago

Pretty sure Waffles and Mochi is next. Just what I heard.

#18678 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I know I’m just dreaming, but I’d love to see a Spike2 version of Dirty Harry. Or any action movie that doesn’t have superheroes. I like a pin with car chases and explosions and helicopters.

I’d love that

#18679 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

It doesn't get much better than IMDN

IMDN is King

#18680 2 years ago

So any truth that Journey might be Borg's game?

Really hoping Rush is code name for Journey.

Lyman and Journey could be an epic ride.

Don't stop believin', it may be true!

#18681 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again. It is a CRIME against humanity that Batman The Animated Series has not been honored in pin form. It’s PERFECT.

I’d buy this in a heartbeat!
The Art Deco animation, noir atmosphere, musical score and voice work of the show was incredible and it remains arguably the greatest animated series of all time.
With all the villains in the shows rogues gallery the possibilities would be endless.

#18682 2 years ago

Well said, it’s a masterpiece.

Quoted from oneballjab:

I’d buy this in a heartbeat!
The Art Deco animation, noir atmosphere, musical score and voice work of the show was incredible and it remains arguably the greatest animated series of all time.
With all the villains in the shows rogues gallery the possibilities would be endless.

#18683 2 years ago

Why all the hype on a JAWS pin? Boring! What would be the draw to the game? Big shark on the backglass? Jaws music playing would get old real fast! Lame!

#18684 2 years ago

I could envision an incredible Pink Floyd Pinball Given their vast catalog and awesome imagery. That would be the holy grail for me. Sadly they’d never license it out...

#18685 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think if they did Harry Potter a lot of guys collections could expand with the wives buying into this pin just sayin...

so in the US all wives like hairy potter and therefor the guys are allowed to buy the pin? Crazy world....

#18686 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Original Tron is a bit "dusty", but that's just my taste.

That's why they need to make a Tron 2.0 with all the cool mods already standard, steel ramps, add some magnets, boost the sound system, led lights etc etc

#18687 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:so in the states all wives like hairy potter and therefor the guys are allowed to buy the pin? Crazy world....

I don't think we should make any sweeping generalizations... Some wives like shaved Potters

#18688 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I don't think we should make any sweeping generalizations... Some wives like shaved Potters

#18689 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So any truth that Journey might be Borg's game?
Really hoping Rush is code name for Journey.
Lyman and Journey could be an epic ride.
Don't stop believin', it may be true!

You can fly by night away from here with that opinion.

#18690 2 years ago

Yeah Jaws is happening ???
Im unsure about this fish ?
Large nose carpet groper !

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=126589292346743&id=100049870173113

#18691 2 years ago

A He-Man pin would be awesome.

#18692 2 years ago

I heard Stern is sticking to the Star Wars franchise and will be coming out in the 4th quarter with, The Star Wars Holiday Special Pin.

wookieehorror (resized).jpgwookieehorror (resized).jpg
#18693 2 years ago

Ewoks versus Wookiees.

#18694 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah Jaws is happening ???
Im unsure about this fish ?
Large nose carpet groper !
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=126589292346743&id=100049870173113

Johnny Knoxville / Jackass Pin would be fun... I'd bet the bash toy would be Stev-O's nuts in the center of the playfield.

#18695 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Johnny Knoxville / Jackass Pin would be fun... I'd bet the bash toy would be Stev-O's nuts in the center of the playfield.

Dunno what the audience is like, but there's LOTS of possibilities for kinetic action toys with the stunts over the years.

#18696 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_tagram:

I heard Stern is sticking to the Star Wars franchise and will be coming out in the 4th quarter with, The Star Wars Holiday Special Pin.
[quoted image]

2000 LEs sold out sight unseen.

#18697 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_tagram:

[quoted image]

I watched a good portion of this just after the Mandalorian release. I now fully realize why Mr. Lucas wanted to burn every copy.

#18698 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_tagram:

[quoted image]

Let's get them toppers into production now.

The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special_HD_The_WHIO_1st_Generation_2013_VHS (resized).jpegThe_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special_HD_The_WHIO_1st_Generation_2013_VHS (resized).jpeg
#18699 2 years ago

I can’t see Journey ever becoming a pin. They have no real following. The music pins that get made are either groups with multiple billboard hits that have stood the test of time like Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and GnR. The other music pins are bands with cult followings such as Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, and Primus. And those were all smaller runs. If Rush gets made, I can’t imagine there would be be 2000 made. Rush has tons of fans, especially men over a certain age, but less universal appeal than the bands mentioned above. Journey has been relegated to a drunken sing along for 20 something girls and frat bros. I’d personally love to see them get away from classic rock and do some more timeless stuff like Ludwig van Beethoven, Celine Dion, or Tom Jones. Stuff everyone would like.

#18700 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

If Rush gets made

Rush *will* be made!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
There are 46,882 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/374?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.