20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 942.
#18501 2 years ago

Got to see the LAST Rush show at the Forum in Inglewood, in 2015.
Just spectacular.
RIP, Professor.

20200606_220249 (resized).jpg20200606_220249 (resized).jpg
#18502 2 years ago

If Stern did “Cicadas: Brood X” they could release a vault edition every 17 years.

#18503 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

That is factually false. The toured the world many times. Their biggest show was in Argentina. Lots of awesome vids from it.

Yeah, I should of stated European and Australians, I was surprised that pretty much nobody on pinside from either continent had heard of them. I wonder if Stern would make a pin that would pretty much have zero sales there.

#18504 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

(incidentally I did see Deep Purple in concert once)

Okay, well at least you don’t have completely bad taste then!

#18505 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Your Canadian. You HAVE to get one!

*you're

Its my experience that most people who dislike RUSH will admit to liking the instrumentals but hating Geddy Lee. I fair opinion as his voice is.....unique.

#18506 2 years ago

Do you folks think that the frequency of Stern releases is just right? Too many? Not enough? What would your ideal be?

Seems that they don't even need to be producing any new machines right now with the demand for the current catalog.

#18507 2 years ago

Queen would slap the crap out of Rush.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18508 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Pretty sure Pinball Brothers have that license.

#18509 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Do you folks think that the frequency of Stern releases is just right? Too many? Not enough? What would your ideal be?
Seems that they don't even need to be producing any new machines right now with the demand for the current catalog.

Just right. Every few years they release a game I love enough to own, and that’s plenty for me. The other 6 or 7 I’m happy to play on location or in a friend’s home.

#18510 2 years ago

Godzilla/team Elwin is going to be a must ! Rush/ team Borg is going to be “Insane”!.Sooooo who’s getting Black Sabbath/Ozzy? F%!@ Me I can’t handle 3 straight “Grails”!! I can’t take this anymore I’m contemplating doing illegal shit to fund this craze! I need serious help !

#18511 2 years ago

How’s the wealthy cougar action in Europe? Wife says she’s fine with it as long as she gets her cut .I’ll do anything to be able to buy all NIB this year it’s going to be life changing !

ED07B645-DB2F-4195-A68E-C261DFC14405 (resized).jpegED07B645-DB2F-4195-A68E-C261DFC14405 (resized).jpeg
#18512 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Okay, well at least you don’t have completely bad taste then!

Didn't mention they nearly put me to sleep though. Smoke on the Water, yeah cool, then

#18513 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

GODZILLA > Back to the Future

Yes

Godzilla is NOT code name for BTTF.

#18514 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:I grew up near Cleveland in the 80’s and LOADS of people listened to Rush. Rush got their first major market radio play in Cleveland. Were you not one of the cool kids?

I was a cool kid who actually listened to good music and not a Canadian band. We’re you one of the kids who rode the short bus?

I was too busy listening to Sabbath, Crue, Ozzy, Van Halen, Doors, Stones, CCR, Hendrix, Zeppelin, ect. You know good bands.

#18515 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I was a cool kid who actually listened to good music and not a Canadian band. We’re you one of the kids who rode the short bus?
I was too busy listening to Sabbath, Crue, Ozzy, Van Halen, Doors, Stones, CCR, Hendrix, Zeppelin, ect. You know good bands.

… you forgot KISS in that list.

#18516 2 years ago

I swear I hear Joe Dirt

20210526_034257 (resized).jpg20210526_034257 (resized).jpg
#18517 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

If you’ve never heard the song Tom Sawyer you must have spent the last few decades hiding under a rock.

ah i thought i didn't know Rush, but i do know that song.

#18518 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Agreed. Queen would outsell Rush, in Australia and Europe (combined perhaps 20%+ of Stern's LE market), 10 to 1.

#18519 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Agreed. Queen would outsell Rush, in Australia and Europe (combined perhaps 20%+ of Stern's LE market), 10 to 1.

Im Canadian and i could think of enough Rush songs id like to fill a pinball machine but it doesnt mean id want one. Unless it was something truly amazing, i wouldnt even be interested. I consider RUSH to be kind of like the most successful "cult following" band ever. (*Also see The Tragically Hip. Again Canadian)
Queen is easily in my top 10 wanted themes and my number one music theme (that doesnt already exist).
I think Queen is MUCH more popular than RUSH and if done right would be one of Sterns biggest sellers (at least biggest band pin)

#18520 2 years ago

Forget about all those bands and just make a TOOL pin.

#18521 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

… you forgot KISS in that list.

And I forgot AC/DC

#18522 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

A Rush pin would not outsell LZ, whose music is superior and pinball sales are slow. A couple of bands that would make a good pin ... Black Sabbath (hoping JJP does this one), Pink Floyd, 5 Finger Death Punch, Hendrix, Queen, Van Halen, Tom Petty and Weird Al. Note - Missing from this list are Rush and the Eagles, and I hate the fucking Eagles, Man.

#18523 2 years ago

Not what I want, but my money is on a comic book art reskin version of Transformers coming out next... first the pro then the home edition.

#18524 2 years ago

game over!!!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18525 2 years ago

TOOL is just RUSH for Juggalos.

Quoted from finnflash:

#18526 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hahahaha, “f’ing magnets, how do they work?”

#18527 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ha! I resemble that remark!!

#18528 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

A Rush pin would not outsell LZ, whose music is superior and pinball sales are slow. A couple of bands that would make a good pin ... Black Sabbath (hoping JJP does this one), Pink Floyd, 5 Finger Death Punch, Hendrix, Queen, Van Halen, Tom Petty and Weird Al. Missing from this list are Rush and the Eagles. I hate the fucking Eagles, Man.

Tom Petty would be cool!

#18529 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Hard to play if you never actually turn around to face the machine

#18530 2 years ago

MOTÖRHEAD
SLAYER
BLACK SABBATH

...and then NO MORE band pins!!!

Except for maybe...

DEVO
RAMONES
B52’s

Then that’s IT!

Except maybe...

WU TANG
BEASTIE BOYS
DAFT PUNK

Than THATS IT.

#18531 2 years ago

An 80's themed / hits pin wouldn't be a bad idea either. A ton to work with nostalgia-wise and the hip hop, rock, pop areas.

#18532 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

An 80's themed / hits pin wouldn't be a bad idea either. A ton to work with music wise between hip hop, rock, pop.

#18533 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

MOTÖRHEAD
SLAYER
BLACK SABBATH
...and then NO MORE band pins!!!
Except for maybe...
DEVO
RAMONES
B52’s
Then that’s IT!
Except maybe...
WU TANG
BEASTIE BOYS
DAFT PUNK
Than THATS IT.

Glad you are not in charge of picking the band pins. I would only take 1 of those.

#18534 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Glad you are not in charge of picking the band pins. I would only take 1 of those.

I’d take two of those. Beastie Boys and Daft Punk.

#18535 2 years ago

Trust me, I’m not surprised. TOOL fans aren’t really known for having good taste.

Quoted from finnflash:

#18536 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

An 80's themed / hits pin wouldn't be a bad idea either. A ton to work with nostalgia-wise and the hip hop, rock, pop areas.

Monsters of Rock tour metal pin based on the 80's arena tour to consolidate a bunch of great groups that would never get their own pin.

#18537 2 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Tom Petty would be cool!

Have to upvote that one, as my name is Tom Petty. And yes even a big fan too, yes been to multiple concerts, yes I play guitar too...

#18538 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Queen would slap the crap out of any band! That is a statement that EVERYONE can agree with!!

#18539 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

I think that would sell really fast!

#18540 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Monsters of Rock tour metal pin based on the 80's arena tour to consolidate a bunch of great groups that would never get their own pin.

#18541 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So you're saying lots of hair on the play field then.

#18542 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

So you're saying lots of hair on the play field then.

Aquanet will be worked into the art somewhere, for sure, if not a scale model can as the shooter rod.

#18543 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Except for the fact that I like them… so…

Me too, I’m sorta a dullard and I could listen to those drums and lead guitar all day. They sound like a band with 3 guitar players and 2 drummers sometimes. Amazing. I hope Rush does happen. Several songs would be fun to play to, like Limelight and Spirit of the Radio.

#18544 2 years ago

Monster Bash 2: 80’s Monsters of Rock

George Gomez???

#18545 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Trust me, I’m not surprised. TOOL fans aren’t really known for having good taste.

News to me. I have great taste, i wont listen to the B52's

#18546 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I dont even like Tool but you suggested the B52s so you arent allowed to critique others music tastes anymore.

#18547 2 years ago

Sorry, B52’s are one of the most influential bands of the last 40 years. Subversive Queer pioneers....you just don’t get it. Now RUSH on back to your Dad rock nerds. Figured with everyone clamoring over a Queen pin that you were ready for some gay pins. Guess not.

Quoted from finnflash:

News to me. I have great taste, i wont listen to the B52's

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I dont even like Tool but you suggested the B52s so you arent allowed to critique others music tastes anymore.

#18548 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’d take two of those. Beastie Boys and Daft Punk.

+1 both of those for sure

#18549 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sorry, B52’s are one of the most influential bands of the last 40 years. Subversive Queer pioneers....you just don’t get it. Now RUSH on back to your Dad rock nerds. Pinball figured with everyone clamoring over a Queen pin that you were ready for some gay pins. Guess not.

Being a musician, I dont like to criticize what someone listens to. Because I find something I like in everything(even the B52's) it just seemed like an easy attack after being told I have bad taste. So I will end it here, because we all have to listen to something.

#18550 2 years ago

True true, we do all love different things. I will say that B52s are very similar to Tool in the way that only their first two albums are good haha.

Quoted from finnflash:

Being a musician, I dont like to criticize what someone listens to. Because I find something I like in everything(even the B52's) it just seemed like an easy attack after being told I have bad taste. So I will end it here, because we all have to listen to something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

16,500 (Firm)
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/371?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.