20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 942.
#18451 2 years ago

You European and Australians are lucky, Rush sucks.

#18452 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

As interesting as all that is, and as I already stated, its okay that you are all lacking in taste and experience. You can still learn.

Bahaha yeah right, having grown up in the US and Aus and spent time in couple of places in between exposed to all kinds of music from Rock to Reggae, ran a Radio station, DJ'd as hobby, have a share in a record label, etc, you can absolutely keep Rush and the vast majority of Prog Rock...

#18453 2 years ago

Boo, haters. I’d buy a Rush pin even if it was just a reskin of Heavy Metal (which was itself a reskin).

#18454 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Boo, haters. I’d buy a Rush pin even if it was just a reskin of Heavy Metal (which was itself a reskin).

E5C3E081-51D3-491A-A416-9D9C23C0ED09.gifE5C3E081-51D3-491A-A416-9D9C23C0ED09.gif
#18455 2 years ago

Growing up near Cleveland in the 70’s amd 80’s no one I knew listened to Rush. I did not either. Only reason I was reminded of Rush was from watching the Goldbergs with Johnny Atkins. Go go Godzilla!!

490FF614-C816-4587-8338-B1C3A241BCA1 (resized).jpeg490FF614-C816-4587-8338-B1C3A241BCA1 (resized).jpeg

#18456 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

If they will make a Rush pin, they won’t sell a lot of these pins in Europe.

I doubt they would sell in Australia either. I've never heard of them except for on Pinside.

#18457 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Preaching to the choir, but I'm pretty sure Stern has Harry Pooter. I have to hope Princess Bride is still up for grabs and JJP gets it.

Princess Bride? Inconceivable!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18458 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I’m not a huge RUSH fan but to me these are what I’d consider the top 7 tracks from them to make the playlist for the pin:
Fly By Night
Closer To The Heart
The Spirit of Radio
Freewill
Limelight
Tom Sawyer
Subdivisions [quoted image]

Agree with these, add “New World Man” and you have your 8 songs. They can reskin Led Zep and I would buy it.

#18459 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Huh. Stern advertised he was interactive with play. And a sculpted statue. It’s just a static doll to me.

Super interactive, like Herman Munster, Sparky and the shrunken head in Ripley’s.

#18460 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Bahaha yeah right, having grown up in the US and Aus and spent time in couple of places in between exposed to all kinds of music from Rock to Reggae, ran a Radio station, DJ'd as hobby, have a share in a record label, etc, you can absolutely keep Rush and the vast majority of Prog Rock...

Okay, so you have no excuse then… you just have bad taste.

#18461 2 years ago

Some people prefer simple music. Give them a song about "boats and ho's" in 4 time and they are happy. Others prefer more complex music with odd times and meaningful lyrics. There's a reason Rush is known as a thinking man's band.

There's a place for many types of music. You don't have to like it to appreciate the complexity and talent of 3 guys making this sound.

#18462 2 years ago

How confident are we that Godzilla is next? Also, I get a kick out of all the code names for Stern machines...Donut, Jaws, etc. What was it for Mando? If Rush is actually ever made(and I'd be all in), it would be cool to have it based on 2112 in its entirety.

#18463 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

There's a reason Rush is known as a thinking man's band.

Except for the fact that I like them… so…

#18464 2 years ago

They could re skin an ironman... black sabbath edition!

#18465 2 years ago

I would take a reskin of sorts of LOTR for Harry Potter. Even my wife would understand that the FOMO with that one.

#18466 2 years ago

So..... skip Rush and go go Godzilla.

#18467 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

How confident are we that Godzilla is next?

Elwin wore a Godzilla shirt last stream. He’s in every 3 pins so it’s next.

#18468 2 years ago

Spoooooon!!!

9A6CDBCC-8FB8-4F68-9A19-E41B69DC26F8 (resized).jpeg9A6CDBCC-8FB8-4F68-9A19-E41B69DC26F8 (resized).jpeg
#18469 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

As interesting as all that is, and as I already stated, its okay that you are all lacking in taste and experience. You can still learn.

north america tour, then north american music band and hard to be worldwide known.

#18470 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

north america tour, then north american music band and hard to be worldwide known.

That’s why they have disciples like myself, so that no one may have an excuse.

#18471 2 years ago

I can see Star Wars fans who have never played pinball purchasing Mandalorean, but I don’t think Rush fans are in the same boat. I think Stern should stay focused on themes with broader appeal. However, if Lyman is on Rush I will probably get one, in Lyman we trust!

#18472 2 years ago

I like Rush, I like to play their songs on my guitar. But as a so-called "Thinking Man's Band" I'm not sure how well it will translate to pinball?

The Trees multi-ball, where as a Randian oak you have to avoid getting chopped down to plebeian maple size?
Limelight, where you have to hide your ball from the flashers because you're not into fame?
Hemispheres, where your ball splits into two balls and you need to re-unite them in some Heideggerian synthesis?

I dunno man... give me an "R" "O" "C" "K" ....

#18473 2 years ago

I'm all into Godzilla!

Listening to the music I've heard/ know the songs, but I've never knowingly heard of "Rush" as a band.

#18474 2 years ago

What if they use the Nazereth song Godzilla. Oh no, there goes Tokyo, go go Godzilla.

#18475 2 years ago

You mean Blue Oyster Cult

(Great song tho!)

#18476 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You mean Blue Oyster Cult

My bad

#18477 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Elwin wore a Godzilla shirt last stream. He’s in every 3 pins so it’s next.

He wore Jaws the twippys before...

#18478 2 years ago

Yeah Godzilla song was Blue Oyster Cult but in defense of your minor error Nazareth was one of Eric Bloom's favorite bands as he has said many times!

#18479 2 years ago

Godzilla isn’t a theme that does anything for me, the worry is Keith’s design might be another I have to get. If Rush is true that’s great my wallet will be safe, never heard of them.

#18480 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Godzilla isn’t a theme that does anything for me, the worry is Keith’s design might be another I have to get. If Rush is true that’s great my wallet will be safe, never heard of them.

If you’ve never heard the song Tom Sawyer you must have spent the last few decades hiding under a rock.

#18481 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

If you’ve never heard the song Tom Sawyer you must have spent the last few decades hiding under a rock.

This comes up every time Rush is brought up, they’re virtually unknown outside of N America.

#18486 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

This comes up every time Rush is brought up, they’re virtually unknown outside of N America.

They may not be as popular, but hardly unknown. They toured Europe (mostly England) and south America quite successfully.

#18487 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

They may not be as popular, but hardly unknown. They toured Europe (mostly England) and south America quite successfully.

Yet pretty much everyone from England, at least here on pinside, says they’ve never heard of them. We’ve been down this road before.

#18488 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yet pretty much everyone from England, at least here on pinside, says they’ve never heard of them. We’ve been down this road before.

Australia too… though strangely enough we talk about them all the time on Pinside, yet everyone still maintains they’ve never heard of them. Every time.

#18489 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Australia too… though strangely enough we talk about them all the time on Pinside, yet everyone still maintains they’ve never heard of them. Every time.

Honestly the last time we talked about this I was shocked by it, with how much they’re played here in the states.

#18490 2 years ago

It may just be me, but when I hear people going on about something I always think “Dude, I better check that out.” Not, “Just shut up already, I’ve never heard of that.”

#18491 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

He wore Jaws the twippys before...

This definitely makes me think Godzilla is just a code name for his next. Fingers crossed for BTTF.

#18492 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I've never heard of talking Turtles before, but hey they still built the fing machine!

#18493 2 years ago

AND...the game is f’n awesome

Quoted from wcbrandes:

I've never heard of talking Turtles before, but hey they still built the fing machine!

#18494 2 years ago

GODZILLA > Back to the Future

Quoted from djsoup:

This definitely makes me think Godzilla is just a code name for his next. Fingers crossed for BTTF.

#18495 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

GODZILLA > Back to the Future

No

#18496 2 years ago

Here’s a clue:

670C5390-B189-47E7-B5BB-18EC74A6C7AA (resized).jpeg670C5390-B189-47E7-B5BB-18EC74A6C7AA (resized).jpeg
#18497 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Okay, so you have no excuse then… you just have bad taste.

Bahahaha, sure man, whatever, rock on dude (incidentally I did see Deep Purple in concert once). Think we have at total divergence in taste. But thanks for putting shit on my preferences of music genres even though you don't know what they specifically cover.

#18498 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

. However, if Lyman is on Rush I will probably get one, in Lyman we

Your Canadian. You HAVE to get one!

#18499 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

That is factually false. The toured the world many times. Their biggest show was in Argentina. Lots of awesome vids from it.

#18500 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Growing up near Cleveland in the 70’s amd 80’s no one I knew listened to Rush. I did not either. Only reason I was reminded of Rush was from watching the Goldbergs with Johnny Atkins. Go go Godzilla!!
[quoted image]

I grew up near Cleveland in the 80’s and LOADS of people listened to Rush. Rush got their first major market radio play in Cleveland. Were you not one of the cool kids?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

11,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.