Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 938.
#1801 6 years ago

spongebob

#1802 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

IRON MAIDEN
must be a joke surely!
Talk about catering to old farts tastes , even the art is ordinary haha
enough with the crappy old timer licenses already geez
More originality required please

With a name like old Skool 1969, you’re in the same boat, no?

#1803 6 years ago

With Iron Maiden doing a new tour, it will be interesting to see whether the game will be mentioned/advertised in the tour program. Bally did that when they came out with KISS, and although that were different times and Bally at the top of their peak, it may have contributed to the success of the game.

#1804 6 years ago

I cant wait to see this game. Come on Stern hurry up a reveal it!

#1805 6 years ago

The animator on the Alien pinball did an amazing stop motion Spongebob pinball sequence, you can see it in the second half of this video clip:

https://www.facebook.com/spongebob/videos/10155899109901318/?hc_ref=ARRHe2tJLftfNT0jZ3kj7wnGZowISRoaCDhGYSWWMI-FqWmeDms9sRM9gDdqjvgJEwM&pnref=story

#1806 6 years ago

Pee-wee Herman's 'Big Adventure'

#1807 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

But it's not for sale Frannnnnn Saaassssss

#1808 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Lower playfield is the basement of the Alamo.

#1809 6 years ago

Neil Diamond LE Pinball. Take it to the bank.

#1810 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Lower playfield is the basement of the Alamo.

#1811 6 years ago

This artwork just screams buy...and then replace all the songs with all Megadeth songs with Pinball Browser.

Iron-Maiden-vs-Megadeth (resized).jpgIron-Maiden-vs-Megadeth (resized).jpg

#1812 6 years ago

Ministry would be the only metal band theme I'd be interested in. Maiden reminds me of Mentos commercials.

#1813 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Ministry would be the only metal band theme I'd be interested in. Maiden reminds me of Mentos commercials.

This will never happen on its own, but is another band that would benefit from a "Monsters of Metal" type pin that has a handful of popular but not popular-enough metal acts with a concert tour theme. I bet Stern eventually does it.

#1814 6 years ago

Lol the only thing worse than hearing mr Stern redneck talk would be Mustaine sing or tslk while playing pinball.

#1815 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

» YouTube video

Cause early Ministry screams metal. Don't get me wrong, I love Ministry, even the first album, but Maiden never looked or sounded like the pet shop boys.

220px-Ministry_-_With_Sympathy_era_photoshoot (resized).jpg220px-Ministry_-_With_Sympathy_era_photoshoot (resized).jpg

#1816 6 years ago

Enough of these band tribute pins.

Do a beach movie pin with Dick Dale doing the background music. Put in plenty of jiggle just like the old days.

2a2bd48f804cc131fcb58667f20533ad (resized).jpg2a2bd48f804cc131fcb58667f20533ad (resized).jpg

#1817 6 years ago

Ministry blows.

#1818 6 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Put in plenty of jiggle just like the old days.

Just retheme Zingy Bingy, then. Most of that work is done.

#1819 6 years ago

Ministry Its clear Judas Priest needs a pin, I'd love a SWOD LE with this as the translite.

judas_priest_sad_wings_of_destiny_1500x1500px_100321232815_2 (resized).jpgjudas_priest_sad_wings_of_destiny_1500x1500px_100321232815_2 (resized).jpg

#1820 6 years ago

I love megadeth too but not enough fans out there to make it worth for a pinball company. Maiden is another story can't wait to see it.

#1821 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

But it's not for sale Frannnnnn Saaassssss

C’mon, listen to reason.

#1822 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Ministry blows.

Wtf are they ? Never heard of them? Religious theme ?

#1823 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

C’mon, listen to reason.

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I’m LISTENING to reason!

#1824 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This will never happen on its own, but is another band that would benefit from a "Monsters of Metal" type pin that has a handful of popular but not popular-enough metal acts with a concert tour theme. I bet Stern eventually does it.

I'd love to see them do a Monsters Of Metal/Masters of Rock pin. They could do both, reuse the same layout and rules, just replace the art to suit their respective genres.

#1825 6 years ago

I just posted a related subject / suggestion on the Steve Ritchie Iron Maiden “ video forum subject. A pin that is generic in design but adaptable with your music tastes ... kinda like a pin IPod : I guess.

#1826 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'd love to see them do a Monsters Of Metal/Masters of Rock pin. They could do both, reuse the same layout and rules, just replace the art to suit their respective genres.

I don't see how that could make economical sense from a licensing perspective.

#1827 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

We're customers; why concern ourselves with what makes economic sense

#1828 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Yes. They play it at mass on Saturday night. if you go on Sunday, you probably miss it.

#1829 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

With second and third tier metal bands, the licensing would be very cheap. Definitely do-able.

#1830 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With second and third tier metal bands, the licensing would be very cheap. Definitely do-able.

But then we're no longer talking about the Monsters of Metal/Masters of Rock...

#1831 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I'm sorry, I was referring to earnings, not how well-known they are. You can still have known Metal bands that just don't earn like the top level ones. Still would be "Monsters of Metal."

#1832 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Minions of Metal / Apprentices of Rock

#1833 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Youtube dude. Bad ass band!

#1834 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Always thought they're a video website.

#1835 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

If I had label them I'd go industrial metal. Multiple singers , guitars and drums.with an angry itense sound, and some unique back up singers. One of my favorite bands in the early 90s. Perfect fit for an angry young man. (Just my opinion) of course as others here think they sucked. Havnt listened to em in a long time, but in the right setting im sure theyd get my fist pumping again.

#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ministry Its clear Judas Priest needs a pin, I'd love a SWOD LE with this as the translite.

so many awesome album covers JP has. hard for me to pick one . I am sure other Priest fans would agree. Would be equally as hard for an Iron Maiden Pin too , Just so many album covers . even the Imports Ughhhhh
But I would be in on Either of them 2 bands , hell yeah

#1837 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You mean they are that bad ? Might not waste my time then if they are aweful

#1838 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Smaller bands cost less to license. Pretty simple really. You could also limit the artwork to not include every single band in it.

#1839 6 years ago

I always associated Centaur with Judas Priest. To me, that is their licensed machine.

But, Enough with the Grandpa Rock! If you’re going to do metal in 2018, make it Black Metal, and make it the f’n antichrist in pinball form. That’s edgy fun, relevant and makes you think and feel a bit funny. All the things that made Judas Priest and pinball awesome in 1975. And Eddie ain’t cutting it, my little sister buys Iron Maiden gear from Hot Topic at the mall.

Didn’t I see a Led Zep machine rumored in Mr Pinball somewhere? Now that’s timeless.

#1840 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Smaller bands cost less to license. Pretty simple really. You could also limit the artwork to not include every single band in it.

Smaller bands cost less? Shocking. Taking a smaller bands approach to limit cost is counter-productive and defeats the purpose of a “Monsters of Rock” pin.

You’d need 10-12 songs to make it good. Go get 10-12 licenses of “smaller” bands and compare the cost vs. 1 big band. Then make sure all the licensees are willing to work together. Still simple?

When people make these statements I can only assume they’ve never dealt with licensing or trademarks. There’s a reason IP/Trademark/License attorneys get paid a crap ton of money.

Sure I could get the license for Marcy’s Playground, but who cares?

#1841 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

Didn’t I see a Led Zep machine rumored in Mr Pinball somewhere? Now that’s timeless.

Zepplin is timeless and Priest is not? or Maiden? u are confused my friend. Anyway Black Metal can be nice and all but Slayer would be the best all around Evil pin for me, Mercyful Fate would work as well. Centaur while a fine game has nothing to do with music.

B98H6No (resized).jpgB98H6No (resized).jpg

#1842 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Smaller bands cost less? Shocking. Taking a smaller bands approach to limit cost is counter-productive and defeats the purpose of a “Monsters of Rock” pin.
You’d need 10-12 songs to make it good. Go get 10-12 licenses of “smaller” bands and compare the cost vs. 1 big band. Then make sure all the licensees are willing to work together. Still simple?
When people make these statements I can only assume they’ve never dealt with licensing or trademarks. There’s a reason IP/Trademark/License attorneys get paid a crap ton of money.
Sure I could get the license for Marcy’s Playground, but who cares?

I forgot how douchy some people can be on here. The cost of a license would be based on how much content is used. For metal they could work with a single label, like Nuclear Blast and get a pretty good lineup of bands.

Don't bother responding though, because I won't see it.

#1843 6 years ago

Stained Class LE, yes please.

51Ga4RqGzEL (resized).jpg51Ga4RqGzEL (resized).jpg

#1844 6 years ago

Sons Of Anarchy

LTG : )

#1845 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I forgot how douchy some people can be on here. The cost of a license would be based on how much content is used. For metal they could work with a single label, like Nuclear Blast and get a pretty good lineup of bands.
Don't bother responding though, because I won't see it.

Makes a snide remark. Can’t take one in return.

For the record, single label could work.

#1846 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

You've also got to worry about people buying and playing the machine. If you're going to do a "genre music" pin by picking a band that doesn't get played on Top 40 radio, Iron Maiden makes sense since they apparently have a massive worldwide following (never would have guessed before reading this thread) and everyone that was alive in the 1980s will recognize the artwork. If it's a bunch of bands that people in the metal world love but will leave everyone else scratching their heads then it's essentially the same as going with an unlicensed theme (except that you still have to license it).

If we're talking about licensing the one big hit from each of RATT, White Snake, Warrant, etc. and making an 80s hair metal game that could work, but it does still seem like a potential licensing nightmare, and you'd need to do a lot of work to build the theme, vs. just borrowing an art package or aesthetic that a band has spent decades cultivating.

#1847 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Zepplin is timeless and Priest is not? or Maiden? u are confused my friend. Anyway Black Metal can be nice and all but Slayer would be the best all around Evil pin for me, Mercyful Fate would work as well. Centaur while a fine game has nothing to do with music.

Slayer would be so rediculously amazing. I’ll take 3 in LE , please. until then My Walking Dead has been converted to Slayer audio files.

You, good sir, are one of few people on this planet to have ever uttered the words ‘Zeppelin’ and ‘Priest’ in the same sentence. So rare, I am afraid it will trigger the poles to flip.

#1848 6 years ago

Slayer would be so rediculously amazing. I’ll take 3 in LE , please. until then My Walking Dead has been converted to Slayer audio files.
You, good sir, are one of few people on this planet to have ever uttered the words ‘Zeppelin’ and ‘Priest’ in the same sentence. So rare, I am afraid it will trigger the poles to flip.

Poles are in the process of flipping already. So...

#1849 6 years ago

But was there not some sort of association with Stern, Slayer and Zombie yeti? I recall seing a photo of a stern banner at a slayer concert, and also zombie yeti posted some photos of some slayer inspired horned figure.

#1850 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

With Iron Maiden doing a new tour, it will be interesting to see whether the game will be mentioned/advertised in the tour program. Bally did that when they came out with KISS, and although that were different times and Bally at the top of their peak, it may have contributed to the success of the game.

I would like to know more about the success of the newer Music pins. Like how kiss and Aerosmith are doing. A c d c seems to be a favorite of several of my friends.

I love iron maiden, but after iron maiden and what is currently out there. That's a lot of music pin choices now. There are many Good choices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.