20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 942.
#1751 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So hoping the artwork is in this ballpark and it ships with at least 1.00 software...

Me too, meeee toooo! This game has so much potential.

#1752 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So hoping the artwork is in this ballpark and it ships with at least 1.00 software...

Yes for art but if not 1.00 software its all good if Lyman is on it !

#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Yes for art but if not 1.00 software its all good if Lyman is on it !

Nope. Did that with Batman for a year. If it ships with way less than 1.00 (.95? I can let it slide, but no more of this shipping with .60 or .70 and "we'll fix it later" crap), I'll just wait until it's done and check it out then and get one of a zillion other pins there are to choose from this year in the meantime. I want an Iron Maiden, but I will not encourage Stern's bad practices anymore.

#1754 6 years ago

IRON MAIDEN

must be a joke surely!
Talk about catering to old farts tastes , even the art is ordinary haha

enough with the crappy old timer licenses already geez

More originality required please

#1755 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

IRON MAIDEN
must be a joke surely!

Username checks out

#1756 6 years ago

I really love Stern but i am very happy when they run out of names for music pins.
Let say three years and then its done with the music pin because there is no decent band left hahaha.
I hate music theme pinball machines.
Well.... only ACDC as a music theme and Arrowsmith for the layout but thats all.
Most of them are bad machines.
Lets hope Iron Maiden is a great pinball machine with a extra music theme.

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Why would you put a LE on location?

There's a bar in Louisville, KY, USA that has TWD LE, Hobbit LE, WOZ Ruby Red, GOT LE, SW LE, DI LE, and BM66 SLE... It's a hopping place!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro is for non-player route operators that don't care and just want a machine to fill a space and earn. Premium is appreciated by players on a route because it's not stripped to the bone like a pro and has all the features of the LE. We usually only get Premiums on the route I help with (one Pro, and sometimes LEs in trades or something, but usually only Premiums) and in the one place where there's a Pro of the same machine across the street, we KILL it. Once the players found our Premium version, they play that over the Pro because there's no comparison feature-wise if you're a pinball fan.

So you're basically saying LE is not for location as well, wich was my point.

Here - where the density of pinball places is extremely sparse - it's only pros.
There is no "competitor on the other side of the street" you can kill, or people can do a direct comparison.

#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

There's a bar in Louisville, KY, USA that has TWD LE, Hobbit LE, WOZ Ruby Red, GOT LE, SW LE, DI LE, and BM66 SLE... It's a hopping place!

That is not your casual location but a pinball bar.

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That is not your casual location but a pinball bar.

This is true... It's known for it's pinball selection.

#1761 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

This is true... It's known for it's pinball selection.

He was talking about Maiden LE doing well in a 'usual' rock pub environment.
For something like this I don't see any meaning in buying a LE.

Fpor a pinball bar however:
LE's get manufactured before the premium, so you pay extra to get the hottest shit faster for everyone to come to your place!
Makes sense.

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Thank goodness Stern's white knight has emerged once more!

It must be terrible when facts and evidence are constantly getting in the way of your ILL-INFORMED opinion.

“Oh noes! There’s a cabinet split in Australia. Sound the Pinside alarrrrrrmmmmmmmmm!!!”

Edit: altered wording so as to reduce the inflammatory personal attack. Thanks Pinside moderators!

#1763 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

There's a bar here in D.C. that really only gets LEs when they get a new Stern. They currently have Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Star Trek and The Walking Dead all in LE models.

I work at a pinball bar, and we get the LEs too, boss also gets a pro to put on other locations, or in case he can't get the LE soon enough.

#1764 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not if it plays and looks like Rob Zombies pin, p about as drained out as his vocals are during a live show, and I like Rob Zombie music but not great live act let’s face it.

It doesn't look or play like Zombie's game. We already know a brief overview of the rules from Ben Heck's interview, and we've seen flashes of the HD display. Nothing like that horrible faux color-DMD that Zombie had.

#1765 6 years ago

IRON MAIDEN
must be a joke surely!

Lmao

1049006D-1A97-4578-9579-5195DA65A066 (resized).png1049006D-1A97-4578-9579-5195DA65A066 (resized).png

#1766 6 years ago

I get Iron Maiden. Lot's of fans, fills stadiums, lots of merch, blah blah blah. There is a lot of pop music that is very popular around the world and a lot of aging bands with aging fans. Most of that music does not appeal to me but whatever. Any theme can be good if done right but none of this pop stuff sounds very exciting. It would be cool to see themes that are a bit more unique, obscure, or fresh. Everything seems very predictable and very similar to what they have done before. Not sure what else you can do with a rock pin. Songs will probably be modes, some kind of Sparky looking bash toy, a couple of ramps, and two flippers.

#1767 6 years ago

Roflmao

8e15c0e0c989e1c5403848a670a706d9ad019d04.png (resized).png8e15c0e0c989e1c5403848a670a706d9ad019d04.png (resized).png

#1768 6 years ago

Love the IM artwork. I see the art then listen to the music expecting something a lot harder, but it's like Metal Muzak.

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not sure what else you can do with a rock pin. Songs will probably be modes, some kind of Sparky looking bash toy, a couple of ramps, and two flippers.

There's absolutely zero reason it has to be like that. If it is, and I hope it's not, then it just means Stern lacks imagination, not that they were incapable of doing something better with the theme.

Band pins might cause some eye rolling, but as far as wide open options go they're really the freest possible license, unlike a movie or TV show there isn't a plot and characters and things that people expect you to paint by numbers with.

Metallica is the best modern Stern IMHO, because it's the most like an unlicensed game, with original toys, and Lyman being creative on code.

#1770 6 years ago

relax they may make a Migos pin or better yet a Taylor Swift pin? That shitty old fart band Maiden god damn Stern.

#1771 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

relax they may make a Migos pin or better yet a Taylor Swift pin? That shitty old fart band Maiden god damn Stern.

Really hoping for Beach Boys

#1772 6 years ago

You could put it right beside old fart David Hasselhoff big face

#1773 6 years ago

What a person does in the privacy of his own home is his business but this is a pinball thread sir.

#1774 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What a person does in the privacy of his own home is his business but this is a pinball thread sir.

Haha...be nice, oldskool is cool dude!

#1775 6 years ago

Iron Maiden pin has all the ingredients to be BIG!!

#1776 6 years ago

Does anyone know when Maiden could be released and if it will be released?

#1777 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Does anyone know when Maiden could be released and if it will be released?

If only a thread was loaded with this information / speculation....

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If only a thread was loaded with this information / speculation....

We're can I find this thread???

#1779 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Haha...be nice, oldskool is cool dude!

Its all tongue in cheek and words don't hurt
but fists do !

I do like a good shit stir, at least I didn't do it in the Iron Maiden specific thread

#1780 6 years ago

Still waiting for Led Zeppelin.

But Iron Maiden art does rock!

#1781 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I really love Stern but i am very happy when they run out of names for music pins.
Let say three years and then its done with the music pin because there is no decent band left hahaha.
I hate music theme pinball machines.
Well.... only ACDC as a music theme and Arrowsmith for the layout but thats all.
Most of them are bad machines.
Lets hope Iron Maiden is a great pinball machine with a extra music theme.

Led Zeppelin
Judas Priest
Rush
Hendrix
Motley Crue
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Ozzy
Black Sabbath
Beastie Boys
Beatles
Ramones
Pink Floyd
Gun 'n Roses
Queen
ZZ Top

I think Stern, JJP, Heighway, and Spooky has more than 3 years of material to work with.

#1782 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Still waiting for Led Zepelin.

I'll be the first to say it would outsell AC/DC. Stern needs to finish this license.

#1783 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Led Zeppelin
Judas Priest
Rush
Hendrix
Motley Crue
Def Leppard
Van Halen
Ozzy
Black Sabbath
Beastie Boys
Beatles
Ramones
Pink Floyd
Gun 'n Roses
Queen
ZZ Top
I think Stern, JJP, Heighway, and Spooky has more than 3 years of material to work with.

Like your list but Data East did Guns 'n Roses already. I just played one the other day LOL!

#1784 6 years ago

Hazoff promised a Migos pin too, don't forget.

#1785 6 years ago

Like your list but Data East did Guns 'n Roses already. I just played one the other day LOL!

JJP is supposed to be re-doing it up right. I'll be in line for that one!

#1786 6 years ago

Rumor is another one will be made with current technology

#1787 6 years ago

Most awesome!

#1788 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'll be the first to say it would outsell AC/DC. Stern needs to finish this license.

Are you saying they have the license for Led Zeppelin?

#1789 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Are you saying they have the license for Led Zeppelin?

To paraphrase Mike Rowe, “The way I heard it”...
It has been discussed, on the record, by Stern employees. They previously entered negotiations for the license, but there were some delays etc and they decided to table it and move on to the next available option. If you recall, several years ago Led Zeppelin began a bit more licensing activity. Their music was the heavily integrated into a TV series and had some more frequent usage in movies and televised ads. The Stern negotiations were prior to that and the licensing took a while to develop due to the process Zeppelin was (is?) using. Plant, Page, Jones and the Widow of Bonham met infrequently and this could potentially stretch out approvals etc.

I’m still Hopeful.

4E4C2A54-CFA6-4069-9AD0-9CB25D68C1F2 (resized).jpeg4E4C2A54-CFA6-4069-9AD0-9CB25D68C1F2 (resized).jpeg

#1790 6 years ago

I would be in on all of these: Led Zeppelin, Rush, the Beatles, Def Leppard, Van Halen.
I have loved the music pins.

#1791 6 years ago

Hey,
Don't forget Slayer and Megadeth

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Rumor is another one will be made with current technology

Don’t tease me. Guns n Roses was my favorite band growing up. I had the Data East game for about 10 years. I would love a modern game. That would make me very happy.

#1793 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Don’t tease me. Guns n Roses was my favorite band growing up. I had the Data East game for about 10 years. I would love a modern game. That would make me very happy.

jjPotC Apr/May 2018-> Toy Story (Lawlor) Late 2018 -> Willy Wonka Spring 2019 -> GnR Hardcore Late 2019

I hope Muppets isn't in before GnR, but it's also possibly still in the mix. If it is, the order could also be...

jjPotC Apr/May 2018-> Toy Story (Lawlor) Late 2018 -> Muppets Spring 2019 -> Willy Wonka (Lawlor?) Late 2019 -> GnR Hardcore 2020

#1794 6 years ago

Wow, so JJP is rumored to be doing GnR? Cool! Any more info about it floating around?

#1795 6 years ago

When Keith and the team get a chance for breath of air
The Big 4 maybe ?

Oh, and bring on that Archer man

#1796 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

To paraphrase Mike Rowe, “The way I heard it”...
It has been discussed, on the record, by Stern employees. They previously entered negotiations for the license, but there were some delays etc and they decided to table it and move on to the next available option. If you recall, several years ago Led Zeppelin began a bit more licensing activity. Their music was the heavily integrated into a TV series and had some more frequent usage in movies and televised ads. The Stern negotiations were prior to that and the licensing took a while to develop due to the process Zeppelin was (is?) using. Plant, Page, Jones and the Widow of Bonham met infrequently and this could potentially stretch out approvals etc.
I’m still Hopeful.

50th anniversery and Robert Plant is talking more openly about things now.....

#1797 6 years ago

So .... Iron Maiden still happening with announcement soon before TPF ???? I was hoping it would have been announced this week .

#1798 6 years ago

Wish list - Judas Priest (Halford comes out from backstage on the Harley and revs it up!). Jaws (boat toy, shark eats Quint). A new Jurrasic Park/World - my boy loves dinosaurs. Scooby Doo - the kid would love it - so would I! Maiden- check. Slayer - I am so down. Same w/ Ozzy/Sabbath. Van Halen would be a ton of fun, what with their uber happy, hard rockin, killer guitar trick songs and all! A psychedelic 60's pin would rule! You acquire a VW van, cruise the Summer of Love, make it to festivals, Monterey 67, Newport Pop Festival 68/69, Woodstock 1969, acquire some party favors...Cream, Hendrix, all those groovy 60's bands lend a song!

#1799 6 years ago

I want to see a Samuel l Jackson game. The call outs would be r rated and awesome.
Snakes in a pin?
Pin Fiction?
Like a greatest hits of his movies all wrapped into one.
Say what one more time MF.
Its the one thats says bad MF, MF

#1800 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

I want to see a Samuel l Jackson game. The call outs would be r rated and awesome.
Snakes in a pin?

Yes please! The name alone sells it, which is appropriate since Mr. Jackson famously signed onto the movie after hearing just the title and without even reading the script.

For the LE, one of those can of peanuts gag snakes could spring out of the coin door when you get an extra ball or high score.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/36?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.