Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 366 of 938.
#18251 2 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Stop calling gregory baby yoda!

Stop calling Glorgoo “Gregory”!!!!

#18252 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

False advertising recently with LZ also. Stern marketing said game is meant to feel like you are going to the LZ concert from 1970’s. Sorry, the game feels nothing like it. Where’s the ticket scalping mode? LSD experience? Plumes of marijuana? Topless groupies? Encore mode? Trash the venue mode? There is no linkage between the game and the marketing spin on LZ, and now there is no connection with Mando marketing and the pin. The game developer is the one who needs to straighten this out.

At least when you are finished playing you can throw it out your hotel window into the swimming pool. Rock and Roll!

#18253 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I may be in for the Premium!

I may be in for an LE Godzilla.

#18254 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I may be in for an LE Godzilla.

Only if you start sucking some major distro D right now. Godzilla LE demand could make Walmart Black Fridays look tame.

#18255 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

At least when you are finished playing you can throw it out your hotel window into the swimming pool. Rock and Roll!

I wanted to throw it out the window, before I finished playing it!

#18256 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Only if you start sucking some major distro D right now. Godzilla LE demand could make Walmart Black Fridays look tame.

Or stop sucking up to distros and get it directly from stern.

#18257 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I do not think Stern sells direct, I may be wrong. JJP does.

#18258 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

They just did with mando but went out of stock

#18259 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

They will on occasion. We bought Batman'66 SLE directly from Stern. I think they conned all the SLE buyers directly on that one to keep all $15k for themselves.

#18260 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

They just did with mando but went out of stock

Interesting, they changed up the rules. Thanks!

#18261 2 years ago

I haven’t read any previous comments, but I just wanted to say that I’d bet dollars to doughnuts that BTTF is forthcoming soon.

I just hope they get the likeness licenses for ALL characters not just one random bad guy like they did with Jurassic Park.

I want to see Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Mayor Goldie Wilson, and the Biff guy plus the DMC DELOREAN.

They can skip on Crispin Glover. He’s kind of a freak

#18262 2 years ago
Quoted from prl867:

They can skip on Crispin Glover. He’s kind of a freak

Yeah agree his book was kinda freaky... 8635f9c9115e7505b22c57862b81ff98 (resized).jpg8635f9c9115e7505b22c57862b81ff98 (resized).jpg

#18263 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

How many LEs did Stern sell directly (to "insiders" who joined their club) vs. through the distributors? Does anyone know?

#18264 2 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

How many LEs did Stern selling directly (to "insiders" who joined their club) vs. through the distributors? Does anyone know?

I don't think it was many at all. I'd be shocked if it was more than 10.

#18265 2 years ago

Something needs to change with this Stern LE situation. There are a bunch of Mando LEs in the marketplace already asking $12k to $16k. That's insane. As a collector (not a flipper), I hope that Stern ramps up the LE production so that only collectors (or operators) are buying them and demand doesn't outstrip supply so much that the LEs are difficult to buy when they first come out. From Stern's (and distributor's) perspective, it doesn't do them any good that there are people willing to pay $9k for a game and can't get them. I know somebody is going to say that defeats the purpose of a "limited edition" if they are making 1,000+, but are you buying a game to play or are you just hoping that the value goes up? These are toys/entertainment, not investments.

#18266 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Do you come from a land down under?

Mope but there was a very nice guy on Rec.games.pinball that I would send pinball parts to and when I did he would send me Vegemite. I tasted it once and didn’t care for it so I just said thank you when he sent it and gave it away.

#18267 2 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:Something needs to change with this Stern LE situation. There are a bunch of Mando LEs in the marketplace already asking $12k to $16k. That's insane. As a collector (not a flipper), I hope that Stern ramps up the LE production so that only collectors (or operators) are buying them and demand doesn't outstrip supply so much that the LEs are difficult to buy when they first come out. From Stern's (and distributor's) perspective, it doesn't do them any good that there are people willing to pay $9k for a game and can't get them. I know somebody is going to say that defeats the purpose of a "limited edition" if they are making 1,000+, but are you buying a game to play or are you just hoping that the value goes up? These are toys/entertainment, not investments.

Remember when a game came out and was introduced only one table from Stern, Data East, Bally, Williams, title came out no classifications just the one game title...

“Those were the days”.

52AF05D9-1932-4AE2-B2FC-59CADA32E528 (resized).jpeg52AF05D9-1932-4AE2-B2FC-59CADA32E528 (resized).jpeg
#18268 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Mope but there was a very nice guy on Rec.games.pinball that I would send pinball parts to and when I did he would send me Vegemite.

Almost thirty years ago I had a dog named Mopes.

#18269 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Remember when a game came out and was introduced only one table from Stern, Data East, Bally, Williams, title came out no classifications just the one game title...
“Those were the days”.[quoted image]

Yes, that was much simpler but I don't think they are going to return to that when they can make thousands $ more per game with the current approach. Maybe the "limited" label needs to go away and these games are sold like cars--you can buy the base model, the mid-level model, or the souped-up version with all the bells and whistles. If they sell more souped-up versions than the others, why would anybody have a problem with that?

#18270 2 years ago

So I heard Godzilla 23rd September.
Keen to see it as Iike the theme.

#18271 2 years ago

Stern’s next pins (now that Mando is out)
Music Pin - Queen
Disney Pin - Loki
Music Pin - U2
Disney Pin - Black Panther
Music Pin - Foo Fighters
Disney Pin - Eternals

All fan design and each will have only 1 newish mechanism like the Mando upper playfield.

#18272 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Looks like BTTF was the code name for Mandalorian. I'm out on Mandalorian but would be in on a BTTF pin.

Wut

#18273 2 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Stern’s next pins (now that Mando is out)
Music Pin - Queen
Disney Pin - Loki
Music Pin - U2
Disney Pin - Black Panther
Music Pin - Foo Fighters
Disney Pin - Eternals
All fan design and each will have only 1 newish mechanism like the Mando upper playfield.

Queen a possibility, others not a chance.

#18274 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

So I heard Godzilla 23rd September.
Keen to see it as Iike the theme.

Where did you hear that? That would be great. Toho Godzilla fan since the mid 70’s.

#18275 2 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Something needs to change with this Stern LE situation. There are a bunch of Mando LEs in the marketplace already asking $12k to $16k. That's insane. As a collector (not a flipper), I hope that Stern ramps up the LE production so that only collectors (or operators) are buying them and demand doesn't outstrip supply so much that the LEs are difficult to buy when they first come out. From Stern's (and distributor's) perspective, it doesn't do them any good that there are people willing to pay $9k for a game and can't get them. I know somebody is going to say that defeats the purpose of a "limited edition" if they are making 1,000+, but are you buying a game to play or are you just hoping that the value goes up? These are toys/entertainment, not investments.

If anyone buys an LE as an investment is a fool. Some will go up in value of course, but then you better not play it at all. Keep it under 20 plays and just look at it. What’s the point in buying a pin for near $10k or more and not play it? At that point it’s just room decorations.

#18276 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18277 2 years ago

1986 was a Very good year !

Perhaps one of THE greatest guitar solos of all time

Van Halen Pinball

Eruption Multiball

RIP Eddie

#18278 2 years ago

At what point would Brendan Fraser's The Mummy be retro cool enough for it to be made into a machine? Or Men in Black? I feel like Armageddon and those era movies had pins(independence day and twister come to mind), but there might be enough nostalgia to get those licenses made. Heck, a Dumb & Dumber might have done well had the most sequel not gotten a general "meh" review (lots of people seemed excited to see it when it was announced).

#18279 2 years ago

Men in Black would be huge ! Lots of great possibilities for a good game and rule set !

#18280 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Men in Black would be huge ! Lots of great possibilities for a good game and rule set !

Men in Black is good if you watched it as a kid.
I think MIB international flopping proved that it was the WS+TLJ chemistry that made the first franchise work. I dont think anyone born after 1995 cares about though. I like them myself but those cg effects sure didnt age well. Omg the dancing alien (Mike?) in the music video

#18281 2 years ago

First movie was 1997. Wonder if Williams ever considered it. 1997 wasn’t known for licensed Williams titles though. It’s a wonder Sega didn’t get it. May have been too big.

#18282 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Almost thirty years ago I had a dog named Mopes.

Not Moops?

9fc2fa5a-776e-4170-b702-ecab92cab7d1_text.gif9fc2fa5a-776e-4170-b702-ecab92cab7d1_text.gif
#18283 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

1986 was a Very good year !
Perhaps one of THE greatest guitar solos of all time
Van Halen Pinball
Eruption Multiball
RIP Eddie

Agree Completely!!!!

#18284 2 years ago

The cool thing about Blade Runner is that they could use the original and BR2049. I’d buy it for Rutger Hauer’s monologue alone. This scene would make an amazing wizard mode. “Time to Die”.

I would also take “Hobo With a Shotgun”.

#18285 2 years ago

The franchise is still strong now too. Men in Balck international came out a few years ago and Men in Black International 2 has been announced but I imagine the release has been delayed like everything else.

#18286 2 years ago

This would be futher down the road but...,
The prequel for Game of Thones..."House of the Dragon" is starting next year

#18287 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

This would be futher down the road but...,
The prequel for Game of Thones..."House of the Dragon" is starting next year

As much as I want it to be awesome (and would buy the machine if the show WAS awesome)...I have a bad feeling it's going to be a dud after many felt burned by Season 8. I dunno--I kind of loved the whole thing, so I'm excited for the prequel (still have to finish the book, though...).

#18288 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

As much as I want it to be awesome (and would buy the machine if the show WAS awesome)...I have a bad feeling it's going to be a dud after many felt burned by Season 8. I dunno--I kind of loved the whole thing, so I'm excited for the prequel (still have to finish the book, though...).

The issue with Season 8 is it was how the producers thought it would end... not GRRM. GRRM has actually already written alot about the History of Westeros, and there are easily several seasons of good stories and material to use in a Valeryian spinoff prequel... especially if you like dragons.

#18289 2 years ago

I’m just gonna say it again...TSPP spike 2 vault The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror w/ assets from every Simpsons Halloween episode. Would be a BLAST!

C82B0933-03F9-4956-AE33-BF0270EDAD5B (resized).jpegC82B0933-03F9-4956-AE33-BF0270EDAD5B (resized).jpeg
#18290 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18291 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m just gonna say it again...TSPP spike 2 vault The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror w/ assets from every Simpsons Halloween episode. Would be a BLAST!

I like this idea, though I think I'd prefer a whole new game with a much different gameplay style than TSPP.

#18292 2 years ago

That would be fine by me as well, although I do LOVE TSPP. It was the first pin to get me obsessed with deep rules where score relies heavily on progression. Quickly became my favorite type of game.

Quoted from shaub:

I like this idea, though I think I'd prefer a whole new game with a much different gameplay style than TSPP.

#18293 2 years ago

Not likely, given the more cult nature of the show; however stranger things have happened: Mystery Science Theater 3000. New discussion forum below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-science-theater-3000-pin-fan-petition-idea-forum#post-6281520

MST3k (resized).jpgMST3k (resized).jpg
#18294 2 years ago

A Superman pin would sell, especially comic book style.

#18295 2 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Then why not a premium?

#18296 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Then why not a premium?

Yeah, for some games the premium is just as good (depending on the artwork). I don't care about the LE plate, the signature, etc. On some of the recent games, however, the artwork (backglass and side art) is dramatically different/better on the LE, along with custom armor, art blades, upgraded speaker system, AR glass and shaker.
I'd rather just have the option to buy what trim I want without dealing with distributors that have basically pre-sold all of their LEs, outrageous markups by other distributors or flippers, trying to get on lists, etc. It's all a headache for what is supposed to be a fun hobby.

#18297 2 years ago

Looking forward to seeing some game play soon..

Mandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-02-2048x1365 (resized).jpgMandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-02-2048x1365 (resized).jpgMandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-14-2048x1365 (resized).jpgMandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-14-2048x1365 (resized).jpgMandalorian-LE-Playfield-01 (resized).jpgMandalorian-LE-Playfield-01 (resized).jpg
#18298 2 years ago

Funny how both LZ and Mando use the vertical kickback ramps since Keith started using them in JP.

What does the little ramp do to the right of Yoda, behind the ship? Im assuming it is a little horseshoe that drops the ball into the left orbit, but cant see how that fits behind Yoda.

#18299 2 years ago

Fathom 2.0 just looked a whole lot better IMO.
Sometimes too much is just too much

#18300 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What does the little ramp do to the right of Yoda, behind the ship? Im assuming it is a little horseshoe that drops the ball into the left orbit, but cant see how that fits behind Yoda.

It just feeds back to the left orbit, coming toward the flippers. But it has a ball stopper to allow animations to play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 366 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/366?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.