Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 938.
#18001 2 years ago

Huh? I didn’t really understand your post on the other thread and I’ve read it 4x now and I’m not sure exactly what point you’re making.
Could be because I just woke up.

Pinball is a business. I’m with you on some different themes but Mando is gonna be a juggernaut seller if it shoots well. Doesn’t even have to be great.
Eddy is a genius, and it looks like he flexed some creativity on this one.
Stern knows what they’re doing and they’re getting better year over year.
The obscure themes are cool and hopefully the smaller manufacturers will make those so everyone can get what they want.

Quoted from donkadelic:

I hate Star Wars...
And Lord of The Rings...
And Harry Potter...
etc
How about something actually interesting or different?
Pulp Fiction? Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas? Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Succession? Think outside the box people...the repetitive nature of the industry is nauseating.
Oh and what happened to original titles? You know...the ones you can actually make more money on because you're not paying Disney 1200$ a machine in royalties?
"Popular themes sell pinball machines though!"
That's because on the rare occurrence they do make a game that isn't cookie cutter stamped with the flavor of the year, it's utter crap like black knight pro or elvira, or some music pin from a band that nobody's given two shits about in 30 years. Odd Future pinball? Kanye West pinball? Get somebody under the age of 40 on staff?
This is Brian Eddy you morons! He created arguably the two best pinball machines of all time WITH NO MAJOR THEME.....HELLO? Talk about not knowing how to use your talent...
Yes, it'll sell. But this Stern complacency in the marketplace will come back to bite them in the ass eventually. Some other company will get with the program and actually focus on fun innovative tech and experiences instead of chasing licenses....
The public doesn't know what they want until you give it to them.
Total Nuclear Annihilation....I rest my case.

#18002 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Medieval Mandalorian

JAWSALORIAN

3C803959-912F-4A81-A407-549F613401AA (resized).png3C803959-912F-4A81-A407-549F613401AA (resized).png
#18003 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

‘Style’ yeah but you never know one may standout. That’s certainly happened before with Sterns. I mean for example really dislike the TWD Pro and LE backglass art but Don’t mind the Premium by comparison -it’s not a stand out but tidier than the other two. That’s off the top of my head there’s prob more examples if I have a think.

I think Stern make some weird art choices , sometimes when it comes to the licences they have a lot of great art out there , yet they come up with the their own average stuff .
I wasn't a fan of the Stranger Things back glass but if they had used what was available , it could have been great .

IMG_20210511_212716 (resized).jpgIMG_20210511_212716 (resized).jpg
#18004 2 years ago

I have a strong feeling that Mandelorian will eventually get a 4th art package down the road. Just like AC DC (Luci) / Star Wars (comic art). Likely it will be the opposite and not be cartoon drawn based but likely look like the other art from the show or more photo realism type art. That will be the way. Probably also include a code update to incorporate additional season / modes etc upon its release.

1520306F-3B8D-45C4-BAB5-AE6FC7A63F3B (resized).jpeg1520306F-3B8D-45C4-BAB5-AE6FC7A63F3B (resized).jpeg
#18005 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Star Wars (comic art).

Stern seem to love their comic art lately .
If for some reason they couldn't use the great Mandalorian artwork already out there , imagine what Franchi could have done .

#18006 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I have a strong feeling that Mandelorian will eventually get a 4th art package down the road. Just like AC DC (Luci) / Star Wars (comic art). Likely it will be the opposite and not be cartoon drawn based but likely look like the other art from the show or more photo realism type art. That will be the way. Probably also include a code update to incorporate additional season / modes etc upon its release.
[quoted image]

Additional art package, maybe. Additional season? Highly doubt it. This has never happened.

#18007 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This is so much better...damn
PS: as the pinsider said in the previous post baby Yoda is just a doll?? Wtf! That can't be...if it is this is not going to be received well.

Wrapped in a cloth. That would be odd, since we know how dirty things can get.

#18008 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

JAWSALORIAN
[quoted image]

This is something I can get behind mrclean

#18009 2 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I hate Star Wars...
And Lord of The Rings...
And Harry Potter...
etc
How about something actually interesting or different?
Pulp Fiction? Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas? Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Succession? Think outside the box people...the repetitive nature of the industry is nauseating.
Oh and what happened to original titles? You know...the ones you can actually make more money on because you're not paying Disney 1200$ a machine in royalties?
"Popular themes sell pinball machines though!"
That's because on the rare occurrence they do make a game that isn't cookie cutter stamped with the flavor of the year, it's utter crap like black knight pro or elvira, or some music pin from a band that nobody's given two shits about in 30 years. Odd Future pinball? Kanye West pinball? Get somebody under the age of 40 on staff?
This is Brian Eddy you morons! He created arguably the two best pinball machines of all time WITH NO MAJOR THEME.....HELLO? Talk about not knowing how to use your talent...
Yes, it'll sell. But this Stern complacency in the marketplace will come back to bite them in the ass eventually. Some other company will get with the program and actually focus on fun innovative tech and experiences instead of chasing licenses....
The public doesn't know what they want until you give it to them.
Total Nuclear Annihilation....I rest my case.

don't forget children's show themes like stranger things, avengers, turtles...

#18010 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

don't forget children's show themes like stranger things, avengers, turtles...

Stranger Things is not for kids

#18011 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stranger Things is not for kids

Perhaps but I will tell you every time I see kids riding on bikes on my block I always tell my wife “more stranger things kids”.

#18012 2 years ago

i disagree..I watched the first season and part of the second before I couldn't watch it no more.. kept getting more childish. almost all of the main characters are children..to each their own tho

#18013 2 years ago

The Mando trailer .

#18014 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

i disagree..I watched the first season and part of the second before I couldn't watch it no more.. kept getting more childish. almost all of the main characters are children..to each their own tho

Second season was bad, so I understand why you'd say that. Third season was just about as good as the first, though.

#18015 2 years ago

So those 6 drop targets we heard about for weeks are really 6 standup targets representing the top of Mando's head? Baby Yoda is a doll and does nothing across all models. Upper playfield looks odd. WTF lol. Just initial impressions.

#18016 2 years ago

#18017 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So those 6 drop targets we heard about for week are...6 standup targets representing the top of Mando's head? WTF lol.

The game looks good but 13 k USD for the LE some people are paying , I think not .
But with the prices of pins these days what do I know .

#18018 2 years ago
mandalorian-pinball-le-details-ambient-10 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-le-details-ambient-10 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-le-details-ambient-13 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-le-details-ambient-13 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-04 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-04 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-06 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-06 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-10 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-10 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-12 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-12 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-19 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-19 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-20 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-20 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-31 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-31 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-37 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-37 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-pro-details-ambient-19 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-pro-details-ambient-19 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-pro-details-ambient-27 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-pro-details-ambient-27 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pro-details-ambient-01 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pro-details-ambient-01 (resized).jpgstar-wars-pinball-the-mandalorian-grogu-TALL (resized).jpgstar-wars-pinball-the-mandalorian-grogu-TALL (resized).jpg
#18019 2 years ago

Not that it matters.... But I dont see Gina on there anywhere. Just saying because I thought I read somewhere that she would still be in the game ("All Assets").

#18020 2 years ago

LE...was it in the trailer?

#18021 2 years ago

That playfield looks like more of a hot shit mess than the rules for AIQ

#18022 2 years ago

LOL. I actually think this looks pretty decent for a change. Wouldn't buy one without playing it first though.

#18023 2 years ago

Whatever happened to the Expression Lighting System?

#18024 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Not that it matters.... But I dont see Gina on there anywhere. Just saying because I thought I read somewhere that she would still be in the game ("All Assets").

Bummer she is not included...

#18025 2 years ago

video is down now. Any difference in LE vs Premium in playfield?

#18026 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

LE...was it in the trailer?

No, just pro and premium are in the trailer.

#18027 2 years ago

No Gina is a problem. Also, if the Child doesn't move it's a major fail (they could at least have it shake when activating the magnet). That said, maybe these elements just aren't in the trailer.

#18028 2 years ago

#18029 2 years ago

#18030 2 years ago

#18031 2 years ago

Mando looks great but, I was never into Starwars stuff.
Hoping BTTF is setup just as good.

#18032 2 years ago

Looks like a fun time to be had by all!

#18033 2 years ago

They nailed everything on that pro, design and art, I’m in.

#18034 2 years ago

Rifle armor and the shooter rod accessories both look great, while art on side blades is not good and would be an easy pass. All accessories should be included on LE’s for no charge. But they aren’t.

We have yet to see the TM (The Mandalorian) LE package or topper ...

#18035 2 years ago

Art package is gross across all models. I don’t understand why Stern can’t use better artists. The pro looks like motordome with the plastic return ramp and the playfield looks like Twister. Stern...USE BETTER ARTISTS. The only reason I’m excited about this is the earning potential on route. I don’t even think I want to play it personally.

#18036 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:Rifle armor sides and the shooter rod look great, while side blades art is not. We have yet to see the topper ...

Topper is "pending license approval" per the dist presentation.

#18037 2 years ago

That is the shit right there.

#18038 2 years ago

any word on when Premiums will ship? looks like Pro's are ready but can't find anything on Premiums. and no i haven't checked with distro yet.

#18039 2 years ago

Here's the non scaled PF pics.

Pro
Mandalorian-Pro-Playfield-01-afkjhadf.jpgMandalorian-Pro-Playfield-01-afkjhadf.jpg
Premium
Mandalorian-Premium-Playfield-01-knnfad.jpgMandalorian-Premium-Playfield-01-knnfad.jpg
LE
Mandalorian-LE-Playfield-01-afnkjkn3fad.jpgMandalorian-LE-Playfield-01-afnkjkn3fad.jpg

#18040 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Nah she is in there, the wood on the cabinet is a throwback to her acting style.

#18041 2 years ago

What's the brass-looking thing in the middle at the top of the PF? A scoop?

#18042 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What's the brass-looking thing in the middle at the top of the PF? A scoop?

The ball gets staged there from the ramp to be fed into the mini playfield.

#18043 2 years ago

What does the button do?

#18044 2 years ago

Reckon there will be an option to later buy or change out the plastic ramps to metal on pro will only by pro if I can get metal ramps at a later date

#18045 2 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

What does the button do?

eat pizza, destroy tie fighters

#18046 2 years ago
Quoted from DeprivedFallacy:

Reckon there will be an option to later buy or change out the plastic ramps to metal on pro will only by pro if I can get metal ramps at a later date

I wonder if it is the same size as the premium model and you can just buy one of those to replace the plastic one on the pro? Probably not.

#18047 2 years ago

I like the show OK but I'm not feeling this game. Glad I don't feel the need to go for this one.

#18048 2 years ago

What is the NEXT Stern Theme?

#18049 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If they were backed up before this certainly didn't help as it looks to be a winner with a good theme. I am hearing Godzilla is next based on just rumors (though I would like to see a Vault sprinkled in this year - but looking doubtful).

#18050 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lawrence Welk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/361?hl=jamwin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.