images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,988 posts in this topic. You are on page 359 of 940.
#17901 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hey, even a broken clock finds a squirrel every now and then!

Not broken, and not into bestiality.

#17902 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oops, I keep thinking the Stern Indiana Jones was Eddy cause it so bad.

Oh, you meant Stern IJ. Who cares who designed that!

#17903 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It would be a shadow of that game.

When people say it is going to be more like shadow, all that was meant by Kman and what he should have said is it wasn’t a fan layout and will have an upper playfield. Other than that the description fits every game with an upper playfield. What nobody has mentioned yet is what I hope will happen is for the game to have ramps with player controlled diverters, like in Shadow. Now that would be cool. Eddy please bring back diverters and give us a ship-shaped upper playfield, the force magnet and baby Yoda and I will be an overjoyed premium customer.

#17904 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well...why don’t you save yourself $4k and just buy a Shadow then? I hope for something new and interesting at every release. A reskin is boring and lazy.

For sure, I get that perspective. But for me, it's well worth the 4k for a brand new beautiful (hopefully) machine with a 1 year warranty, a theme my family loves, LEDs...

#17905 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

When people say it is going to be more like shadow, all that was meant by Kman and what he should have said is it wasn’t a fan layout and will have an upper playfield. Other than that the description fits every game with an upper playfield. What nobody has mentioned yet is what I hope will happen is for the game to have ramps with player controlled diverters, like in Shadow. Now that would be cool. Eddy please bring back diverters and give us a ship-shaped upper playfield, the force magnet and baby Yoda and I will be an overjoyed premium customer.

I was just making a bad pun. But PinMonk said it would be a re-skin, not simply share features with The Shadow. If it is a re-skin (it won’t be), I’m down for it. The Shadow is a killer pin. I still can’t spend this kind of bread on Mando, because I have never seen the show. If it had been Days Of Our Lives, or As The World Turns, now I’m ready with the LE pre-payment.

#17906 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I was just making a bad pun. But PinMonk said it would be a re-skin, not simply share features with The Shadow. If it is a re-skin (it won’t be), I’m down for it. The Shadow is a killer pin. I still can’t spend this kind of bread on Mando, because I have never seen the show. If it had been Days Of Our Lives, or As The World Turns, now I’m ready with the LE pre-payment.

Well, Mandalorian is kind of like As The World Turns, but in space. Drama, solution, someone's pregnant, new drama, different planet, repeat. So, maybe up your alley?

#17907 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, Mandalorian is kind of like As The World Turns, but in space. Drama, solution, someone's pregnant, new drama, different planet, repeat. So, maybe up your alley?

Perfect! Any $12,500 LEs left?

#17908 2 years ago

Just curious .Has Gladiator ever been tossed around ?

#17909 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

with a 1 year warranty,

Who’s going to tell him?

#17910 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Who’s going to tell him?

I mean through my distributor! Absolutely wouldn't hold my breath for stern support.

#17911 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

I mean through my distributor! Absolutely wouldn't hold my breath for stern support.

Oh wow. That’s actually pretty damned good.

#17912 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Nahhhh Eddy only reskins his own games...
AFM—>—-MM——>STH
Shadow—> Mando
IJ——> next Eddy game
Pinball needs new blood.

Or
AFM—>—-MM——>STH—>Mando —> next Eddy game —> and next..
Shadow—>
IJ——>

#17913 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:Or
Shadow—>
IJ——> IJ 5

#17914 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Play better. Shadow is a masterpiece.

However, i really like the creativity of the shadow layout. Sincerely.
I agree with you regarding the scoop i can’t manage to shoot consistently, i need to play better.
Just would like the left ramp slightly upper and another upper playfield, it is fine but get boring to me in the long run.

#17915 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Or
Shadow—>
IJ——>

Who started this Brian Eddy Indiana Jones stuff? He worked on code for Williams IJ - nothing to do with layout.

#17916 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

yes to this. I plan on waiting for secondary Mando market but if it’s Shadowlike and has creative diverter use, ...my plans are out the window

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17917 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well...why don’t you save yourself $4k and just buy a Shadow then? I hope for something new and interesting at every release. A reskin is boring and lazy.

I sold my Shadow 2mo ago.....it paid for NIB Deadpool Pro.

#17918 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:Who started this Brian Eddy Indiana Jones stuff? He worked on code for Williams IJ - nothing to do with layout.

Not pointing fingers or anything, but...

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

IJ——> next Eddy game

He did.

#17919 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He did.

Not surprising….

#17920 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He did.

BRO! Moms gonna get mad for tattlin’!

#17921 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

For sure, I get that perspective. But for me, it's well worth the 4k for a brand new beautiful (hopefully) machine with a 1 year warranty, a theme my family loves, LEDs...

1 year warranty? From who?
Never mind, saw the distro post. Who’s your distro? That’s good support.

#17922 2 years ago

There’s no denying the similarities between AFM and Stranger Things, but the differences are what make STH more fun to play for me. The motorized bank of stationary targets is replaced by the 4 drops. Shooting up the middle no longer destroys the enemy; now you get to do battle and shoot the enemy in the face. The square MARTIAN targets are replaced by narrower DEMODOG targets that make better use of the available space. The saucer on the far left adds a new primary shot, and that feeds the inner orbit with a little tweaking. And finally, STH has the cross-playfield skill shot. You can argue that this isn’t great for multiball, but it adds some chaos to the game and I like it.

Add in the UV kit, the LCD, the darker theme and the music and it’s a very different game than AFM.

#17923 2 years ago

We warrantee everything we sell, new or restored for a full year. Always have. For 79 years. It's just good business.

#17924 2 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Just found out its Our distributor being disgusting! They are choosing to sell the Limited Editions at $12,900.00. Smh.

I know that a local operator was offered an LE spot for $13k by his long-time distributor that mostly only deals with commercial buyers.

#17925 2 years ago

For good or bad we sell all new pins at MSRP.

#17926 2 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

I know that a local operator was offered an LE spot for $13k by his long-time distributor that mostly only deals with commercial buyers.

Let that bitch sit there and rot

#17927 2 years ago

I sell leather belts on bullhidebelts.com and offer a ten year warranty on a $50 belt. People ask why only ten when some do 100 year! Stern sells $8000 machines and basically a year warranty if lucky. I get machines break but need longer warranty period.

#17928 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It'll sell. People can make the choice to buy that or get one for 15K from a flipper. If I was Stern and had a finger on the pulse of the never ending posts proclaiming to buy LEs sight unseen based on theme, I would have priced them at 12.5K+ from the start. You wanna play the LE collecting game, well this is what it has become.

#17929 2 years ago

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but when a distributor is only given one or two LE's and sells them for MSRP only to see his customer turn around and sell it for 10x the profit he made, they are eventually going to want a bigger piece. Now going to your loyal customers and doing some kind of half assed bid/auction is bad for business. Do it the less conspicuous way, give it to your brother and have him list it for 13k.

#17930 2 years ago

If the Mandalorin pin is really as good as all the hype...I will most likely buy one.

Wouldn't mind an LE but I'll buy a premium model and I'll enjoy it just like I enjoy the Dead Pool premium pin and GNR LE (instead of CE) that I own.

And, I'll have absolutely NO regrets of NOT having to spend more money for the "same" exact game... minus some minor extras but mostly bling! Especially if people are having to pay through the nose because of supply and demand.

It'll be interesting to see how much money over MSRP will be thrown away just to get the Manadolrian LE.

#17931 2 years ago

Ok this shit has gone on for too long. What is the next one.

#17932 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ok this shit has gone on for too long. What is the next one.

Godzilla

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17933 2 years ago

People can pay $15k to a flipper if they want. But that’s just impatience. There will not be very many LEs of any game selling for more an $9k in 2 years time. In fact, probably $8k. Especially Stern’s. We’ll see.

#17934 2 years ago

How do you figure that? Sterns have been holding or increasing in value really well these days. (Exception being Munsters for obvious reasons)

People can pay $15k to a flipper if they want. But that’s just impatience. There will not be very many LEs of any game selling for more an $9k in 2 years time. In fact, probably $8k. Especially Stern’s. We’ll see.

#17935 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There’s no denying the similarities between AFM and Stranger Things, but the differences are what make STH more fun to play for me. The motorized bank of stationary targets is replaced by the 4 drops. Shooting up the middle no longer destroys the enemy; now you get to do battle and shoot the enemy in the face. The square MARTIAN targets are replaced by narrower DEMODOG targets that make better use of the available space. The saucer on the far left adds a new primary shot, and that feeds the inner orbit with a little tweaking. And finally, STH has the cross-playfield skill shot. You can argue that this isn’t great for multiball, but it adds some chaos to the game and I like it.
Add in the UV kit, the LCD, the darker theme and the music and it’s a very different game than AFM.

The layout has a passing resemblance to AfM but it doesn't play like it at all. You could easily have both in the same collection and not feel an overlap.

#17936 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How do you figure that? Sterns have been holding or increasing in value really well these days. (Exception being Munsters for obvious reasons)

“These days”. A stay at home pandemic. That’s why. In non-pandemic times I’ve seen LEs go up, go down and go nowhere. Most NIB games eventually sell for 10-15% less than purchase price. And the longer the game has been out, the more it inevitably becomes available. That’s just what I’ve seen. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places.

By all means, use your own experience and judgement.

#17937 2 years ago

1 year warranty? From who?
Never mind, saw the distro post. Who’s your distro? That’s good support.

Pinball Pirate in the bay area.

#17938 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The worst part is that it won't. Someone will be looking for a Mando and panic when they can't find one and that's when it will sell. Oh, and btw, it will be $15000 by then, probably.

#17939 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Wouldn't mind an LE but I'll buy a premium model and I'll enjoy it just like I enjoy the Dead Pool premium pin and GNR LE (instead of CE) that I own.

I’m not picking on you, but this comment and many others in this thread make it sound like all Pinsiders ever buy are premiums and LEs. I take the exact opposite stance: I’m a Pro buyer, until I see something that persuades me to upgrade, like way better cabinet/translite art, or a major feature that has a lot of value (like 2 more flippers and an upper playfield). But normally, I’m stubbornly pro-Pro. I do know that Stern would struggle if everyone was like me, so I’m not out to stop the LE hype train. Just making observations.

#17940 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

That would be Next Level Pinball?

I can't imagine Jordan would do that. Never has in the past

#17941 2 years ago

Looking forward to the trailer video on Tuesday. Even then it's still hard to know the fun factor until at least a live game play stream.

#17942 2 years ago

Yes Godzilla is next

#17943 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m not picking on you, but this comment and many others in this thread make it sound like all Pinsiders ever buy are premiums and LEs. I take the exact opposite stance: I’m a Pro buyer, until I see something that persuades me to upgrade, like way better cabinet/translite art, or a major feature that has a lot of value (like 2 more flippers and an upper playfield). But normally, I’m stubbornly pro-Pro. I do know that Stern would struggle if everyone was like me, so I’m not out to stop the LE hype train. Just making observations.

No worries. I just like to have all the stuff in the game. I would buy the right pro... not against it at all. In fact would love to save the money too!

I debated on DP pro or premium because, although I didn’t hate the premium artwork, I really preferred the artwork on the pro. But, I went with the premium because even though theres not a huge difference in the gameplay I did not want to miss out on the extras. It did suck to spend an extra $1500 (I think that’s what it was) for it but I was happy with my decision and the premium artwork is really cool... it really grew on me after I bought it.

If Munsters was better coded I would own the pro. Because even though the difference between pro and premium is substantially more (compared to DP) I don’t really care for the lower mini playfield.

It’s good we have options!

#17944 2 years ago

Baskar

baskar (resized).jpgbaskar (resized).jpg
#17945 2 years ago

Mando Cabinet hmmmm.

#17946 2 years ago

This is the way... Seems to be rotating, drop down upper playfield. Presumably Grogu aka baby yoda has a magnetic hand to pickup pinballs within that upper plastic ramp area ?!, possibly might move his head, does he blink ? modders will have that happen. Back glass meh, rest of the game is pretty packed , lots of wire forms, as stated in the other thread haven't seen a Stern game this packed since Ghostbusters / Simpsons Pinball Party

mando (resized).jpgmando (resized).jpg

#17947 2 years ago

whaaaaat? Is this real? Gotta be the premium.

Quoted from mrclean:

Everyone saw this already correct ?! Seems to be rotating . drop down upper playfield. Presumably Grogu aka baby yoda has a magnetic hand to pickup pinballs, possibly might move his head, does he blink ? modders will have that happen. Back glass meh, rest of the game is pretty packed , lots of wire forms, as stated in the other thread haven't seen a Stern game this packed since Ghostbusters / Simpsons Pinball Party
[quoted image]

#17948 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

whaaaaat? Is this real? Gotta be the premium.

It's the LE

#17950 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

This is the way... Seems to be rotating, drop down upper playfield. Presumably Grogu aka baby yoda has a magnetic hand to pickup pinballs within that upper plastic ramp area ?!, possibly might move his head, does he blink ? modders will have that happen. Back glass meh, rest of the game is pretty packed , lots of wire forms, as stated in the other thread haven't seen a Stern game this packed since Ghostbusters / Simpsons Pinball Party
[quoted image]

That playfield is packed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

4,999 (Firm)
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,988 posts in this topic. You are on page 359 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/359?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.