enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 923.
#17851 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

If prices will be raised on LE machines all the more reason to just go with a premium.
I mean I love pinball as much as the next pinsider here but at these ridiculous prices; why get screwed for more money on something that’s already over priced as it is? The Stern LE pins are a good investment (if the game is good) but not if you are starting from over MSRP. Too much risk.
Stern will happily inflate the prices now because JJP opened the door for that but I’m sure we won’t be seeing JJP like games from Stern.

I agree, JJP showed Stern that if you pack a game to the rafters (there are no rafters on pinball machines) and build high-end pins, you can charge double. I bought a NIB WOZ in 2016 for $9200 with shipping. But man, was that game ever loaded with toys, mechs, etc. I kept it 4 years and it was amazing, even if I lost interest in playing it much. But Stern doesn’t build pins like that, imho. They just keep raising the price because the market is saturated with buyers now more than ever. People with more time at home the past year, looking for a hobby. That’s my guess, anyway. If this market holds, we are going to see prices continue to rise until pins are sitting in boxes, unsold.

#17852 2 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Just found out its Our distributor being disgusting! They are choosing to sell the Limited Editions at $12,900.00. Smh.

That would be Next Level Pinball?

#17853 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Gotta say I really like Starwars & Munsters.. GOTGLE is a possible, as is Wonka CE..
I like, and want to keep them all! . Subtly suggesting to the wife that the small room of the entrance to the house could be used.. not having it...

From my personal taste, DI is the first one i would get rid off.
I don’t know how Willy Wonka and the Munsters play but i would have never buy them because of the theme

#17854 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

From my personal taste, DI is the first one i would get rid off.
I don’t know how Willy Wonka and the Munsters play but i would have never buy them because of the theme

I personally can't stand Dialed In, but it looks like he might be a JJP fan collecting them all. If I had to pick 3 pins to go instead of 2, it would be the next one (after Munsters and GotG), though.

#17855 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

… amazing hahahahaha lol! I forgot about that one, thanks for posting this man!

How good was that .
I would love a Robot Chicken pin .
We need more funny pins , that's why Rick and Morty sold out so quick .

#17856 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Whoever’s doing that is an a-hole, and if anyone is paying a distrib that much, they’re an a-hole. When things like this happen, I kinda hope the game sucks & all the mechs break lol

Well, it’s a Stern, so there’s a 50% chance of at least 50% of that happening.

#17857 2 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Just found out its Our distributor being disgusting! They are choosing to sell the Limited Editions at $12,900.00. Smh.

Call them out, use another distributor. This is a short term money grab which tells you all you need to know about them.

#17858 2 years ago

If prices will be raised on LE machines all the more reason to just go with a premium.
I mean I love pinball as much as the next pinsider here but at these ridiculous prices; why get screwed for more money on something that’s already over priced as it is? The Stern LE pins are a good investment (if the game is good) but not if you are starting from over MSRP. Too much risk.
Stern will happily inflate the prices now because JJP opened the door for that but I’m sure we won’t be seeing JJP like games from Stern.

Why do you think LEs are a “good investment”? I don’t think that’s been proven at all. Some retain their initial $ value, and some most definitely do not. It seems more likely that when an LE sells for anything near purchase price it’s usually modded to the gills.

#17859 2 years ago

Here the dealer lists recent Stern pins for around €8150 ($9999 US) for a pro model, €10770 ($13000 US) for a premium, and €13250 ($16000) for an LE....so I'm not really sad that next pin is Mandolin which I have never heard of and don't care about, and probably will even have higher prices then....

Even the second hand market has gone crazy with prices like €5000 for a Yunkyard, €7000 for a Twilight Zone, €9500 for a Mustang Pro and €14000 for a Circus Voltaire??? WTF????

#17860 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Why do you think LEs are a “good investment”? I don’t think that’s been proven at all. Some retain their initial $ value, and some most definitely do not. It seems more likely that when an LE sells for anything near purchase price it’s usually modded to the gills.

I was in for a GB premium, loved the theme, and it looked amazing, then my distributor had an LE left that wasn't sold because of the playfield issues, so I took a gamble and bought it. I just buy a game to play it, I don't see it as an investment and don't care if I loose (some) money on it, as long as I had fun with it (any hobby may cost money), but I just hated the game from the start. My game never had any playfield issues luckily, but I couldn't sell it for even €4000 below what I paid for it at that time, so I decided just to let it stand there, after a year or so i tried to sell it again, and finally sold it with 2500 loss, I think it had less than 150 games on it, and just to find out that only 1 or 2 months later the long awaited update came and seemed to have made the game a lot better (haven't played it with new code, so I don't know). Also prices directly went up again. Long story short, buying an LE is definitely an investment, and with that comes the small print that you can loose what you put in to it like with any investment...

#17861 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

I was in for a GB premium, loved the theme, and it looked amazing, then my distributor had an LE left that wasn't sold because of the playfield issues, so I took a gamble and bought it. I just buy a game to play it, I don't see it as an investment and don't care if I loose (some) money on it, as long as I had fun with it (any hobby may cost money), but I just hated the game from the start. My game never had any playfield issues luckily, but I couldn't sell it for even €4000 below what I paid for it at that time, so I decided just to let it stand there, after a year or so i tried to sell it again, and finally sold it with 2500 loss, I think it had less than 150 games on it, and just to find out that only 1 or 2 months later the long awaited update came and seemed to have made the game a lot better (haven't played it with new code, so I don't know). Also prices directly went up again. Long story short, buying an LE is definitely an investment, and with that comes the small print that you can loose what you put in to it like with any investment...

Hmmm. Ok. I guess if that’s the way you look at it. I think most people consider “investments” as things that appreciate in value only. But when it comes to pinball, while people enjoy fairly strong resale on average, i think most see them as toys and not investments.

#17862 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Star Wars and Munsters

Yep. Easy decision.

#17863 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I agree, JJP showed Stern that if you pack a game to the rafters (there are no rafters on pinball machines) and build high-end pins, you can charge double. I bought a NIB WOZ in 2016 for $9200 with shipping. But man, was that game ever loaded with toys, mechs, etc. I kept it 4 years and it was amazing, even if I lost interest in playing it much. But Stern doesn’t build pins like that, imho. They just keep raising the price because the market is saturated with buyers now more than ever. People with more time at home the past year, looking for a hobby. That’s my guess, anyway. If this market holds, we are going to see prices continue to rise until pins are sitting in boxes, unsold.

It is definitely headed that direction. Covid isn't going to last forever and discretionary income spending is going to shift away from the home. Stern would be wise to slow down on the price hikes.

#17864 2 years ago

Hmmm. Ok. I guess if that’s the way you look at it. I think most people consider “investments” as things that appreciate in value only. But when it comes to pinball, while people enjoy fairly strong resale on average, i think most see them as toys and not investments.

Maybe you understood me wrong, like said I personally just buy a game to play it, and if I sell it one day, it's nice if I get around what I pay for it, but I don't really think of that in the first place. But then again, the prices nowadays make them an investment, and same as investments go, sometimes you win, sometimes you loose
Of course it sucks if you loose big, but from what I read there's definitely enough people that see a pin (LE version in this case) as a definite ROI, and that's not always going to be true...
But it is always better to loose on an 'investment' that you can enjoy, then one where you just bring your money to the bank

#17865 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It is definitely headed that direction. Covid isn't going to last forever and discretionary income spending is going to shift away from the home. Stern would be wise to slow down on the price hikes.

Business 101 does not apply to luxury items.

Pinball makers will continue to test the ceiling until it collapses on them. News at 11.

#17866 2 years ago

Personally I'd never buy from a distro that sells a new release over MSRP. I hope that all those distros are well known so others can remember them when the market softens and not give them business down the road also.

#17867 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Personally I'd never buy from a distro that sells a new release over MSRP. I hope that all those distros are well known so others can remember them when the market softens and not give them business down the road also.

Get a list going to spread the word

#17868 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Meanwhile at the Mandalorian pinball reveal party :

Stern_Mando_Reveal_Party (resized).pngStern_Mando_Reveal_Party (resized).png
#17869 2 years ago

No skin in the game but this is crazy. Those games would sit there and rot before I would play it.

#17870 2 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Can you blame them when so many out there are buying and flipping, or purchasing older games for obscene money?

#17871 2 years ago

I'd have a hard time blaming the distros for the premium the LEs are going for. Distribution is typically a very low margin business and if they can make extra money to keep their business profitable and/or provide jobs, good for them. Especially after a probable rough year. However, it is very unfortunate for those that want in on one at a "reasonable" price. I'm not interested in this LE, but I know I'd be disappointed if it was one I really wanted. That's the market these days... seemingly with everything.

I'd look at the people willing to pay the inflated prices as the ones enabling this, and possibly changing who can/will buy LEs going forward as this could become the norm.

#17872 2 years ago

Jack the price big time on limited and collector editions and keep pro, premium and standard like they are.

That way the real collector with money gets his collector edition while the rest of us can still enjoy buying NIB pins at an affordable price (which is not the case lately).

If the distributers are stuck with turds from the pass and loose money why should they sell suggested retail prices for a homerun pin to a guy who will flip a profit to sell to the rightful rich collector ?

#17873 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How good was that .
I would love a Robot Chicken pin .
We need more funny pins , that's why Rick and Morty sold out so quick .

Lol Scream … hahaha! 100% with you my mate!

#17874 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I'd have a hard time blaming the distros for the premium the LEs are going for. Distribution is typically a very low margin business and if they can make extra money to keep their business profitable and/or provide jobs, good for them. Especially after a probable rough year. However, it is very unfortunate for those that want in on one at a "reasonable" price. I'm not interested in this LE, but I know I'd be disappointed if it was one I really wanted. That's the market these days... seemingly with everything.
I'd look at the people willing to pay the inflated prices as the ones enabling this, and possibly changing who can/will buy LEs going forward as this could become the norm.

The bottom line is the people who actually want to buy it and inbox it/own it get screwed over by distributors inflating prices so that they are making the money instead of some random flipper / and it’s not because they think it’s wrong what the flipper is doing / it’s because they see dollar signs

#17875 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Lol Scream … hahaha! 100% with you my mate!

After watching that clip , I think a Sailor Moon Pin could be good

IMG_20210509_023033 (resized).jpgIMG_20210509_023033 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17876 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

The bottom line is the people who actually want to buy it and inbox it/own it get screwed over by distributors inflating prices so that they are making the money instead of some random flipper / and it’s not because they think it’s wrong what the flipper is doing / it’s because they see dollar signs

Agreed, and it sucks. I'm not saying it's fair or I agree with it, but it's a free market and when there is money to be made someone will find a way to get a piece of it. I think we've been fortunate that this hasn't been the norm. However, it has been in other industries. Try walking into a Chevy dealer and buying a C8 for MSRP.

#17877 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Agreed, and it sucks. I'm not saying it's fair or I agree with it, but it's a free market and when there is money to be made someone will find a way to get a piece of it. I think we've been fortunate that this hasn't been the norm. However, it has been in other industries. Try walking into a Chevy dealer and buying a C8 for MSRP.

Yeah I hear ya - oh well I’ve already lost the excitement of this pin release from all this - I’ll wait for the premium and buy from someone who didn’t raise prices ‍♂️

#17878 2 years ago

Try walking into a Chevy dealer and buying a C8 for MSRP.

Yup, my buddy tried that....he will stick to his C7 for now. lol

#17879 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Yeah I hear ya - oh well I’ve already lost the excitement of this pin release from all this - I’ll wait for the premium and buy from someone who didn’t raise prices ‍♂️

I do hope you, and everyone else, that wants an LE can find one at a standard prices. Maybe after the reveal some will become available.

#17880 2 years ago

It’s not true that Mandolorian is a reskin of Popeye Saves The Earth, right? I heard the cruise ship or ark or whatever the boat is, will be converted into a star destroyer. Bluto will be converted into Boba Fett. Find baby Yoda!

#17881 2 years ago

I just meant someone would probably do ok when it comes time to sell it. I definitely didn't mean to make money off of it... probably should've clarified that

This hobby is loads of fun and I love buying a new machine just as much as the next guy but these prices are getting just silly (new and used).

I don't buy a pinball machine to make money off it; I buy it to play it and enjoy it. Would I love to buy every game as the LE or CE, sure, who wouldn't!

I'm just really glad Stern actually makes the premium model and JJP makes the LE model machines because if you're just in the hobby to play and enjoy the game for all of the features in the game; then this is the way to go (IMO). oh sorry this is the Mandalorian thread..."this is the way"

#17882 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It’s not true that Mandolorian is a reskin of Popeye Saves The Earth, right? I heard the cruise ship or ark or whatever the boat is, will be converted into a star destroyer. Bluto will be converted into Boba Fett. Find baby Yoda!

Came here to say I heard the same thing...

#17883 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Came here to say I heard the same thing...

Omg that’s a funny bad joke

#17884 2 years ago

A distributor runs a business. The ones that get bigger allocations of LEs get them because they buy everything Stern sells, and some of those games sit in warehouses for over a year, just costing them money. And sometimes it’s the LE’s that sit and sit, until the game gets its legs (see STH LE).

All this to say that if I was a distributor and I know a game is going for $11k used, I’d be a pretty bad salesman to let it go for MSRP, NIB.

If you want your distributor to survive, don’t get mad at them for being tuned in to the market.

#17885 2 years ago

Nahhhh Eddy only reskins his own games...

AFM—>—-MM——>STH
Shadow—> Mando
IJ——> next Eddy game

Pinball needs new blood.

Quoted from Pinkitten:

#17886 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

A distributor runs a business. The ones that get bigger allocations of LEs get them because they buy everything Stern sells, and some of those games sit in warehouses for over a year, just costing them money. And sometimes it’s the LE’s that sit and sit, until the game gets its legs (see STH LE).
All this to say that if I was a distributor and I know a game is going for $11k used, I’d be a pretty bad salesman to let it go for MSRP, NIB.
If you want your distributor to survive, don’t get mad at them for being tuned in to the market.

Yes it’s a business - so your viewpoint is that unless the distributors (who I would think a lot do this as a side business) don’t grossly overcharge consumers that they won’t survive

#17887 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Yes it’s a business - so your viewpoint is that unless the distributors (who I would think a lot do this as a side business) don’t grossly overcharge consumers that they won’t survive

I mean if you feel that you’re being “grossly overcharged”, the solution is obvious: sit tight and wait for the price to drop. That’s how I got my GOTLE with the topper for $7200.

And the distros who do this “as a side business” are not getting the LEs, I’m almost sure of that.

#17888 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

AFM—>—-MM——>STH
Shadow—> Mando
IJ——> next Eddy game
Pinball needs new blood.

If Mandalorian is a Shadow reskin, I have to seriously consider it.

#17889 2 years ago

It is worst for pro and premium

#17890 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would be a shadow of that game.

#17891 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Left ramp is too much close from flippers imho. Never could shoot consistently the scoop either

#17892 2 years ago

Left ramp is too much close from flippers imho. Never could shoot consistently the scoop either

Play better. Shadow is a masterpiece.

#17893 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I mean if you feel that you’re being “grossly overcharged”, the solution is obvious: sit tight and wait for the price to drop. That’s how I got my GOTLE with the topper for $7200.
And the distros who do this “as a side business” are not getting the LEs, I’m almost sure of that.

Obviously that is my intention

#17894 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Play better. Shadow is a masterpiece.

Just a good game for me. But i respect your opinion

#17895 2 years ago

Just a good game for me. But i respect your opinion

FINALLY! Someone who respects my opinion! What a breath of fresh air.

rodney-dangerfield.jpgrodney-dangerfield.jpg
#17896 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

AFM—>—-MM——>STH
Shadow—> Mando
IJ——> next Eddy game
Pinball needs new blood.

I may be in the minority, but I would love this.

#17897 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

AFM—>—-MM——>STH
Shadow—> Mando
IJ——> next Eddy game
Pinball needs new blood.

eddy didn’t design IJ, Mark Ritchie did.

#17898 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FINALLY! Someone who respects my opinion! What a breath of fresh air. [quoted image]

Hey, even a broken clock finds a squirrel every now and then!

#17899 2 years ago

Well...why don’t you save yourself $4k and just buy a Shadow then? I hope for something new and interesting at every release. A reskin is boring and lazy.

Quoted from honkbahh:

I may be in the minority, but I would love this.

#17900 2 years ago

Oops, I keep thinking the Stern Indiana Jones was Eddy cause it so bad.

eddy didn’t design IJ, Mark Ritchie did.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,999 (OBO)
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/358?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.