Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 923.
#17751 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sales of the game have proven it is not a terrible game

I generally agree with much of what you say, but you are off base here. Sales absolutely plummeted after the LE release and Dwight’s statement on the code. Distributors had games in stock forever. Stern discontinued production (very quietly) long before the license was up.

If your measurement of whether a game is “terrible” is based on sales, Munsters is “terrible”. It may be difficult to find Munsters on the secondary market because (a) there aren’t that many actually out there and (b) those that have the game generally love it so they have little interest in selling.

If Munsters wasn’t such a great game in so many respects very few would be pissed off by the code fiasco.

#17752 2 years ago

Just checking in on the update Munsters/we hate Dwight thread....
Man, some of you guys are brutal. The guy is still human.
You want new code. We get it. Understandable. Is dragging Dwight over coals necessary? He has definitely had some misses but also some hits. Some people are taking pinball just a little too seriously here.

#17753 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I generally agree with much of what you say, but you are off base here. Sales absolutely plummeted after the LE release and Dwight’s statement on the code. Distributors had games in stock forever. Stern discontinued production (very quietly) long before the license was up.
If your measurement of whether a game is “terrible” is based on sales, Munsters is “terrible”. It may be difficult to find Munsters on the secondary market because (a) there aren’t that many actually out there and (b) those that have the game generally love it so they have little interest in selling.
If Munsters wasn’t such a great game in so many respects very few would be pissed off by the code fiasco.

Right on - exactly.

That’s why their last run is only 2 years after initial release. Most games run 3 years. They even tried to boost sales with a color premium which initially was not part of the original plan.

#17754 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You want new code. We get it. Understandable. Is dragging Dwight over coals necessary? He has definitely had some misses but also some hits. Some people are taking pinball just a little too seriously here.

Agree flush this machine - if you are unhappy and holding out hope for more code - don’t - sell it and move on.

#17755 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Stern LEs are not really $10k delivered now are they?

Last few have been selling around $9200.

#17756 2 years ago

MANDALORIAN PRO & PREMIUM ? What happened to Iron VE?

#17757 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

People are always buying before trying. Look at all those with deposits on Mandalorian LE. Game hasn’t been seen and people have locked up most of the product. This is a prime condition for disappointment. What will game look like, what will it shoot like, what are the toys? Nobody knows but a lot of people are already betting on it. I hope it is good, but I need to play it first. Also have the playfield issues been fixed? Can’t gamble and buy a game if I don’t know it is solid.

Why you hate pinball, bruh?!

#17758 2 years ago

So when I picked up my GnR yesterday at he told me that the next game was Mandelorian and he was already taking orders for it.

#17759 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Only going on what John himself told me about Munsters sales and what a mod company said, pertaining to mod sales. We all know the only reason Munsters sales are not fantastic is because of Dwight’s super poor treatment or the lack thereof on code. Proven principle, give HUO the code depth and sales will soar on a machine that has everything else. Stern/Dwight doesn’t give a flip on Munsters, so lackluster sales is the results. But they left all us early adopters in the lurch, since they have a history of fixing and making better every game to date, except Munsters. This is what we are all upset about. The consequences for Stern/Dwight: many now will not buy a game programmed by Dwight. This is the primary reason Dwight put so much effort into TMNT to prove he can give us our monies worth, but that is a flawed idea, since we still have the bad taste in our mouths about how he severely neglected Munsters. Xaqery is squarely going to suffer in both his legacy and future coded games by him, unless he fixes this travesty. He plain and simply did not give us our monies worth in code on Munsters. Simple is fine (less complex), but lack of depth isn’t fine at all.

#17760 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern/Dwight doesn’t give a flip on Munsters, so lackluster sales is the results

Don’t make it so personal. He made the game he wanted to make...you either like it or don’t.

Does the game have any bugs or crashes? If not, then he’s done his job & it is what it is.

#17761 2 years ago

How can it not be personal? Dwight is the one in charge of code. Yes, there are code issues and problems that need fixing, which Dwight has not addressed. He has addressed issues on all his other games, but has severely neglected Munsters. There are consequences of his lack of support for a stellar game we all trusted he would continue to support after release. He hasn’t done that, it purely his responsibility. No excuse for a lack of code love period.

Would be much easier to make all us owners happy with our big purchase, rather than all the threads of people upset with what little Dwight did on Munsters code. I’ve been running a worldwide company (many times bigger than Stern) and if I had customers as upset about any of my products as many are about Munsters, I’d fix it pronto. Reputation and trust is a hard thing to earn with any customer base. It is not worth losing over simply giving some more code love with needed fixes and some much needed Munsters show material.

#17762 2 years ago

Things I know people hate after reading the last two pages of this thread:

Games shipped with incomplete code
Code that takes too long to complete
Linear code
Battle modes
Non linear modes
Repetitive modes
Pinball in general

#17763 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So when I picked up my GnR yesterday at he told me that the next game was Mandelorian and he was already taking orders for it.

Welcome to Tuesday of this week

#17764 2 years ago

Stern could make a lot of people put their pitchforks down if they just communicated 2 things at launch for every game:

1. “When the game is finished, this is what the rule set will be.”
2. “We expect to release the final code in X months/years.”

It’s the “will they or won’t they?” that has people upset, and rightfully so. Buying a game shouldn’t have to be a gamble.

I’d rather hear that the final code is going to be a year late, than not knowing if it will come at all.

#17765 2 years ago

When has Stern ever fallen short of 1.0 code?

#17766 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Munsters was doing poorly at my friend’s arcade until we enabled the ball save, which inexplicably defaulted to off. But it’s one of the few games he’s sold, so I assume it didn’t do much better after that change. Personally, I liked it better than BKSOR.

Ball save was RECOMMENDED to be off by Stern. They were very proud of this recommendation and spread the word to leave it off at launch time. Supposedly it was to make it more of a badass ass-beater of a milquetoast pin or something. But yeah, it was DUMB. Nevermind that if ball save was off you never saw the show clip that went with it.

So yeah, Munsters sucks. HOWEVER it has the best theme-integrated Midnight Madness mode. Full stop. Better than Johnny Mnemonic's.

A long time ago when I was reviewing video games, I got a novel from the very concerned PR firm with one of them on how the game was "supposed" to be played. It became clear that this was because if you played it like the wrestling game it appeared to be, it completely sucked balls. Turns out, it sucked balls no matter how you played it. If you have to tell the end user how you want them to enjoy your game, you have failed.

#17767 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Things I know people hate after reading the last two pages of this thread:
Games shipped with incomplete code
Code that takes too long to complete
Linear code
Battle modes
Non linear modes
Repetitive modes
Pinball in general

...Lazy Lonnie code. You forgot one.

#17768 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How can it not be personal?

Because he didn’t slap your mom around...he made a game you didn’t like.

#17769 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

When has Stern ever fallen short of 1.0 code?

WOF was 6.0 ...but that didn’t really mean anything.

#17770 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Dwight is all right. He did Game of Thrones, and it's one of my favorite pins. I don't mind Ghostbusters or Star Wars (but I really wonder what the midnight madness removal is all about on that one). I really feel like Dwight was given a thimble to fill with code for Munsters and a lunch break to do it for whatever inscrutable Sternish reason. He did it, it's terrible and boring and shallow and not much fun, but he did what he was directed to do. I lay this more at the feet of Gomez than @xaqery. G-man is in charge. He's the Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer. The buck stops there for the shape pins are released in and code-maintained.

And Gomez has the power to FIX this. Unfortunately since he tanked the sales of what should have been a popular pin, I doubt he'll budget time for Xaqery to revisit it and make the game Borg's design deserves. But he should.

#17771 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dwight is all right. He did Game of Thrones, and it's one of my favorite pins. I don't mind Ghostbusters or Star Wars (but I really wonder what the midnight madness removal is all about on that one). I really feel like Dwight was given a thimble to fill with code for Munsters and a lunch break to do it for whatever inscrutable Sternish reason. He did it, it's terrible and boring and shallow and not much fun, but he did what he was directed to do. I lay this more at the feet of Gomez than Xaqery. G-man is in charge. He's the Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer. The buck stops there for the shape pins are released in and code-maintained.
And Gomez has the power to FIX this. Unfortunately since he tanked the sales of what should have been a popular pin, I doubt he'll budget time for Xaqery to revisit it and make the game Borg's design deserves. But he should.

6D35DE92-DCDE-4B9D-A424-8BE1BAF61BF4 (resized).jpeg6D35DE92-DCDE-4B9D-A424-8BE1BAF61BF4 (resized).jpeg
#17772 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ball save was RECOMMENDED to be off by Stern. They were very proud of this recommendation and spread the word to leave it off at launch time. Supposedly it was to make it more of a badass ass-beater of a milquetoast pin or something. But yeah, it was DUMB. Nevermind that if ball save was off you never saw the show clip that went with it.
So yeah, Munsters sucks. HOWEVER it has the best theme-integrated Midnight Madness mode. Full stop. Better than Johnny Mnemonic's.
A long time ago when I was reviewing video games, I got a novel from the very concerned PR firm with one of them on how the game was "supposed" to be played. It became clear that this was because if you played it like the wrestling game it appeared to be, it completely sucked balls. Turns out, it sucked balls no matter how you played it. If you have to tell the end user how you want them to enjoy your game, you have failed.

Yeah but it really doesn’t suck. I admit, I played one when it first came out and I thought it was so uninspired and just eh, but then I played it two years later and found it very addicting.
It’s just a fun game to see how many points you can pound up, the risk vs reward factor in Munsters is fun stuff.

#17773 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Yeah but it really doesn’t suck. I admit, I played one when it first came out and I thought it was so uninspired and just eh, but then I played it two years later and found it very addicting.
It’s just a fun game to see how many points you can pound up, the risk vs reward factor in Munsters is fun stuff.

I dubbed it the Kitty Show after extensive play over that one month period. Keep bashing the Kitty target. Get lots of points easily. Win. Not fun. I didn't play the Premium, but that lower playfield seems like even LESS fun.

#17774 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dubbed it the Kitty Show after extensive play over that one month period. Keep bashing the Kitty target. Get lots of points easily. Win. Not fun. I didn't play the Premium, but that lower playfield seems like even LESS fun.

The lower playfield is one of the best of all time toys in any machine imo. It is in fact a pinball machine in and of itself. Having 2 pinball machines in one, creates the best multiball experience of any pinball machines ever. It is nirvana to play multiball on upper and lower playfield at the same time. John Borg outdid himself on that one.

#17775 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Since I was obsessed with TMNT as a kid, the horrible fake voices & N64-level LCD animation ruined it for me. Games are to expensive for inaccurate theme representation...even if the code is good, I’m cringing too much to get into it. When my dream themes aren’t done right, the dream is crushed and that $$$ stays in the bank.

That was the only thing o did t like about the game, the weird Voice of the narrator. And it would
Have been better if it wasn’t so cartoony bit I still like it. It’s a great deep game. I would
Love to own it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17776 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The lower playfield is one of the best of all time toys in any machine imo. It is in fact a pinball machine in and of itself. Having 2 pinball machines in one, creates the best multiball experience of any pinball machines ever. It is nirvana to play multiball on upper and lower playfield at the same time. John Borg outdid himself on that one.

IF it was a full-scale mini-playfield below the main one with an optical lens to pull it into a window on the main playfield (like Krull) so the physics match upper to lower playfield, I would agree. However, I *despise* the bbgun pinballs of miniaturized playfields and the crappy, very different play they bring with them.

#17777 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

...and this is why I think GOT Pre/LE is one of the best modern Sterns. Multi-level multiball is really fun.

#17778 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How can it not be personal? Dwight is the one in charge of code. Yes, there are code issues and problems that need fixing, which Dwight has not addressed. He has addressed issues on all his other games, but has severely neglected Munsters. There are consequences of his lack of support for a stellar game we all trusted he would continue to support after release. He hasn’t done that, it purely his responsibility. No excuse for a lack of code love period.
Would be much easier to make all us owners happy with our big purchase, rather than all the threads of people upset with what little Dwight did on Munsters code. I’ve been running a worldwide company (many times bigger than Stern) and if I had customers as upset about any of my products as many are about Munsters, I’d fix it pronto. Reputation and trust is a hard thing to earn with any customer base. It is not worth losing over simply giving some more code love with needed fixes and some much needed Munsters show material.

We get it... You bought a game, and it didn't turn out to be what you wanted it to be. There are people wanting and buying these games all the time. I see them go on and off show room floors around here when people buy them. Is it a game for the most avid player, or people with a small collection that are in to pinball? Probably not. But does it have a place, yes. I enjoy playing a pro that we have at an arcade here every once in a while, as its a nice change of pace from the deep games that exist elsewhere. Is it very shallow code? Yes, but that was 100% apparent from release and walkthrough with Dwight, he as much said that during that. So if you hear them all but say "This is shallow", and then complain about it being shallow, I don't know what else there is to say...

#17779 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:We get it... You bought a game, and it didn't turn out to be what you wanted it to be. There are people wanting and buying these games all the time. I see them go on and off show room floors around here when people buy them. Is it a game for the most avid player, or people with a small collection that are in to pinball? Probably not. But does it have a place, yes. I enjoy playing a pro that we have at an arcade here every once in a while, as its a nice change of pace from the deep games that exist elsewhere. Is it very shallow code? Yes, but that was 100% apparent from release and walkthrough with Dwight, he as much said that during that. So if you hear them all but say "This is shallow", and then complain about it being shallow, I don't know what else there is to say...

Dang you almost convinced me to get a Munsters!

Seriously though, I could see myself owning one. I really like the theme and I love the characters and the artwork. It wouldn’t be any different than a pin like T2 which I do own and happen to love despite it not being a very deep code. Love the theme and it’s always fun to play.

Damn now I’m convincing myself to buy a Munsters!

#17780 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Welcome to Tuesday of this week

I didn’t read everything so o didn’t know it was already a known thing. I just threw it out there

#17781 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

We get it... You bought a game, and it didn't turn out to be what you wanted it to be. There are people wanting and buying these games all the time. I see them go on and off show room floors around here when people buy them. Is it a game for the most avid player, or people with a small collection that are in to pinball? Probably not. But does it have a place, yes. I enjoy playing a pro that we have at an arcade here every once in a while, as its a nice change of pace from the deep games that exist elsewhere. Is it very shallow code? Yes, but that was 100% apparent from release and walkthrough with Dwight, he as much said that during that. So if you hear them all but say "This is shallow", and then complain about it being shallow, I don't know what else there is to say...

Except almost none of what you’re saying is true...
E3AE1D75-3C75-43FF-BF64-7C109BF7DE1C (resized).jpegE3AE1D75-3C75-43FF-BF64-7C109BF7DE1C (resized).jpeg

#17782 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Stern could make a lot of people put their pitchforks down if they just communicated 2 things at launch for every game:
1. “When the game is finished, this is what the rule set will be.”
2. “We expect to release the final code in X months/years.”
It’s the “will they or won’t they?” that has people upset, and rightfully so. Buying a game shouldn’t have to be a gamble.
I’d rather hear that the final code is going to be a year late, than not knowing if it will come at all.

Pretty good system having people pay you thousands of dollars to beta test game code, just like Microsoft but more fun.

#17783 2 years ago

2AC9E7CC-AD27-4A47-AC96-0069A42D7178 (resized).jpeg2AC9E7CC-AD27-4A47-AC96-0069A42D7178 (resized).jpeg

John: I tried my best to convince George and Dwight Munsters deserved more code love, as in call outs, code polish, code bug fixes, Munster material, etc. I slaved over Munsters material to find the best for the game, but...

Dwight: But what John, I’ve heard enough of this! I really don’t give a rat’s (blank) what our customers think...IT’S DONE!! I know this is not what Stern ever does with a game, but I’m finished, period...

George: Whatever Dwight, who cares anyway, as long as it is as shallow as those old games of yesteryear that were not designed for home use, don’t worry about it. I know our customers trusted us to do the right thing and make Munsters have deep code for their families to enjoy for years to come. Time to move onto the next one. Let’s quit all this talk about Munsters, that was over 2 years ago. Never mind it is the only game code that has a thread with well over 1400 posts titled “worst code ever”, with thousands more in the Munsters club thread. @xaqery, remind me to never do a shallow coded game again, as no one likes them, I’ve since learned.

#17784 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Pretty good system having people pay you thousands of dollars to beta test game code, just like Microsoft but more fun.

Lol

#17785 2 years ago

All code needs beta testing whether it’s software, a video game, or pinball. The only way to find bugs is for a lot of people to play especially in a chaotic game like pinball. I’d understand the ire of the bugs didn’t get fixed but they do. Play some SEGA pins and you’ll find big bugs that never got squashed.

#17786 2 years ago

Look, I like Bruce Hornsby as much as the next guy, but is Mandolin Rain REALLY the next Stern pin? Can you really devote an entire game to that beautiful song?

#17787 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Season 2 has some better episodes, but no, it doesn't rise to the level of those greats.

season 2 watched.
it doesn't really grab me.
Ok visually it is fine, mostly special effects are successfull.
scenarically, it is rather poor and always the same bullshit bad guys missed their shots but Mando, but he has his armor and in the other way good guys shoot 100% right. there is not an ounce of real, of suspense.

#17788 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

season 2 watched.
it doesn't really grab me.
Ok visually it is fine, mostly special effects are successfull.
scenarically, it is rather poor and always the same bullshit bad guys missed their shots but Mando, but he has his armor and in the other way good guys shoot 100% right. there is not an ounce of real, of suspense.

I'm probably in the same camp as you, maybe a little more enthusiastic, but yeah, it's a well-realized world with some good episodes, but not one of my favorite shows or anything. My favorite episode in Season 2 was the Bill Burr episode where they're driving the explosives.

#17789 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

To me the episodes were (kind of) watered down for general viewing by all ages. Not like TWD or Blade Runner for example that are more adult oriented.
However I can see episodes/scenes used like Stern Star Trek where a mode is a scene. I’m not overly in love with the ST movies but they have snippets of action that play well with pinball modes.

Totally agree, very TV (Disney) in that sense -not something that I enjoy in my sci-fi. Blade Runner(GOAT film status for me) (and TWD) much more in my wheelhouse frankly.

But yeah in a game sense should be good anyways and hopefully heaps of fun. As much as the idea of DS code does concern me a bit..

#17790 2 years ago

Is BTTF ever going to happen?

#17791 2 years ago

I’ve never owned The Shadow so hopefully it’s more like that game rather than another 2 flippers center toy affair.

Is it Dwight on code for sure? He’s really grown on me since SW code.

#17792 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm probably in the same camp as you, maybe a little more enthusiastic, but yeah, it's a well-realized world with some good episodes, but not one of my favorite shows or anything. My favorite episode in Season 2 was the Bill Burr episode where they're driving the explosives.

Season 2 was 90% "Sure we'll help you but first you'll need to help us kill this <insert name>". Actually, wait. That was Season 1 as well. Hmm...

Regardless I liked the show and so did my whole family, which is rare these days. Not sure how well it'll translate to a pinball machine.

#17793 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Dang you almost convinced me to get a Munsters!
Seriously though, I could see myself owning one. I really like the theme and I love the characters and the artwork. It wouldn’t be any different than a pin like T2 which I do own and happen to love despite it not being a very deep code. Love the theme and it’s always fun to play.
Damn now I’m convincing myself to buy a Munsters!

Oh you'll regret that decision.

#17794 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yeh it’s pretty sweet. Can you share the manufacturer or name of material etc? I would even know what type of shop to go ask.

This is the company I went through , great people and they can do basically anything you want .
https://featurewallprints.com.au/

#17795 2 years ago

Give me a new Family Guy pin , it's been long enough .

IMG_20210505_223928 (resized).jpgIMG_20210505_223928 (resized).jpg
#17796 2 years ago

Take it to the Munsters owner thread or sell your game and move on. Nobody else here cares about your Munsters machines.

Screenshot_20210507-085927_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210507-085927_Chrome (resized).jpg
#17797 2 years ago

Easy pass for me. The show is so redundant and far fetched that it totally ruins the Star Wars franchise for me. Nothing will ever top the original trilogy and Stern really fucked that one up too.

#17798 2 years ago

The mando pin reveal is Tuesday. I have secured an le luckily. Confirmed
Don’t know prices yet.

#17799 2 years ago
Letter_from_STERN (resized).pngLetter_from_STERN (resized).png
#17800 2 years ago

if munsters is so bad why aren't there more for sale and why aren't the prices dropping?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/356?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.