Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 938.
#17501 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stern: Historically doesn’t release games based on anniversaries, movie release dates, or (made up) holidays.
Pinside: Mandalorean is being announced May 4th because a podcaster who is wrong as much as he’s right said so!!!
Stern: No announcement May 4th
Pinside:

I don't like defending him, but he definitely posted it was revealing May 11th not May 4th. Star Wars fans want a May 4 reveal.

Also, it is only 12 central time. Plenty of time left.

#17502 2 years ago

Now good to go for buying Mando (or a Stranger Things or TMNT) after ordering a Namco 20th Anniversary Ms. Pacman / Galaga cabinet for my wife. She's always wanted one and said no more pins until she gets one, ok I'm not arguing I said haha.

#17506 2 years ago

What say you now, those who DOUBTED!?!?!?! lol

#17507 2 years ago

YES!!!!

#17508 2 years ago

I still say it's Back to the Future.

#17509 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stern: Historically doesn’t release games based on anniversaries, movie release dates, or (made up) holidays.
Pinside: Mandalorean is being announced May 4th because a podcaster who is wrong as much as he’s right said so!!!
Pinside:

Lol I posted this minutes before stern posted the trailer. Usually they tease early in the morning. I’m really surprised we are get yet another Star Wars pin.

#17510 2 years ago

Now that it's official... when would the pin likely be available?

#17511 2 years ago

Oh damn, and here we go!

#17512 2 years ago

I snuck into the factory & got a pic of the Glorgoo toy!

A466C731-22D8-46CF-B9C8-ADDD4B31F0DE (resized).jpegA466C731-22D8-46CF-B9C8-ADDD4B31F0DE (resized).jpeg
#17513 2 years ago

*Music intensifies*

#17514 2 years ago

wow mando aye should be wicked love the show an love star wars theme an pinballs but none jump out to me hopefully they pull this off goodluck stern

#17515 2 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

It's not mando

Now what?

#17516 2 years ago

Talked to my distributor a second after the email was sent and they didn't even know Mando was confirmed. Think they would know before hand.

#17518 2 years ago

Do we know who the design team is?

#17519 2 years ago

That youtube tease says coming soon, not coming next....

#17520 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Do we know who the design team is?

I don't think anyone has said, but assuming either Eddy/Lonnie or Eddy/Dwight.

#17521 2 years ago

My wife said we have to have a Mandalorian pinball. Who am I to argue with that?

#17522 2 years ago

You guys wouldn't know a good pin if it swims up and bites you in the ass!

#17523 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Pinside:

This did not age well

#17524 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Exactly. Watch Mando be a "home pin" and not a mainline title.
It's plausible Stern is teasing it just because it's May 4th, not because it's actually next or a mainline.

#17525 2 years ago

Should we quote all the people on here that said Kaneda was full of shit?

#17526 2 years ago

Why did people doubt it when MNpinball confirmed it? He's literally never been wrong about a new release and I'm just going to play it safe and assume he's never wrong about anything else in life either until it's proven otherwise. Kudos to Rarehero as well (I wonder if he was K's source?).

#17527 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

This did not age well

Hell, it barely even aged before the video was posted. haha

#17528 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Should we quote all the people on here that said Kaneda was full of shit?

He still usually is.

Quoted from iloveplywood:

Why did people doubt it when MNpinball confirmed it?

This is why I believed it as well.

#17529 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think anyone has said, but assuming either Eddy/Lonnie or Eddy/Dwight.

jeeze...rick,,,I hope its not Dwight...

#17530 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I just talked to my distributor, its next and its a good one compared to there last release i was told. Also there is LE, Premium, Pro model so not a homepin.

#17531 2 years ago

Now, that Mando is confirmed and old news. What is the NEXT Stern pin?

#17532 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I hope its not Dwight...

Stern programmers have been doing all kinds of wacky things lately...some people enjoy recent rules & code - I'm one who doesn't.

Mando seems like it's IMPOSSIBLE to screw up no matter who's coding it. Not to say it can't happen, but I'll be bummed if it goes into math-chess tourney territory. The show's relatively modular action/quest episodes really lend themselves to a nice classic type of pinball ruleset. A handful of modes that are action scenes or quests...and few multiballs based on iconic events...a few wiz modes based on big story finales. Throw in some other little bits of business to collect so there's always other things to do outside of or stacking with modes...and boom, you've got a game.

#17533 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Now, that Mando is confirmed and old news. What is the NEXT Stern pin?

Yeah, Mandalorian = big yawn.

#17535 2 years ago

Cheap shots at Dwight are so lame. He’s an excellent coder. Lord of the rings awesome, Ghostbusters awesome, TMNT awesome, TSPP awesome, Game of Thrones awesome...oh, Munsters? Not his fault. Borg told to keep the games rules and code simple like a 90’s BW and that precisely what he did. People who wanted a game with a deep all set and tons of assets should not have bought munsters , period.

Quoted from kidchrisso:

jeeze...rick,,,I hope its not Dwight...

#17536 2 years ago

Mando?? Amazing!!!!

I don’t have to spend money on a new pin. When’s Harry Potter coming out?

#17537 2 years ago

I'm just waiting for the first asshole that lists his NIB Mandolorian LE for $20k+ when the thing hasn't even been released yet.

#17538 2 years ago

Still waiting for Godzilla.

#17539 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Cheap shots at Dwight are so lame. He’s an excellent coder. Lord of the rings awesome, Ghostbusters awesome, TMNT awesome, TSPP awesome, Game of Thrones awesome...oh, Munsters? Not his fault. Borg told to keep the games rules and code simple like a 90’s BW and that precisely what he did. People who wanted a game with a deep all set and tons of assets should not have bought munsters , period.

How is Munsters not his fault? He decided to make it weak..not Borg. GB is awesome now, yea...waited 30+ months for my LE to improve, but I did. TSPP snoozer, GOT is good, SW is still a hot mess. Go to bat for your boy, I could give a F. He is 50/50 in my book, always will be, there are better coders out there.

#17540 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Attack from Mars has relatively simple rules and so do many "classic" B/W pins that have even less code than Munsters. They are still very fun and rewarding. Munsters is neither. It's a fail no matter how you frame it. No excuses.

Game of Thrones is one of my favorite pins, and TMNT code is also very well done, but every coder has that pin they don't want to talk about. Munsters has to be Dwight's. I'd take a Dwight pin over a lazy Lonnie pin any day of the week.

#17541 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Keith Johnson did TSPP & LOTR. Not Dwight.

“Simple” doesn’t have to mean “easy boring trash”. Borg designed Iron Man & Tron. Simple games with simple rules - but simple rules that are exciting, fun and addicting.

#17542 2 years ago

TSPP, a snoozer? You must not be very good at pinball. It really only rewards more advanced players.

Quoted from kidchrisso:

How is Munsters not his fault? He decided to make it weak..not Borg. GB is awesome now, yea...waited 30+ months for my LE to improve, but I did. TSPP snoozer, GOT is good, SW is still a hot mess. Go to bat for your boy, I could give a F. He is 50/50 in my book, always will be, there are better coders out there.

#17543 2 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

Still waiting for Godzilla.

Up next.

#17544 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

TSPP, a snoozer? You must not be very good at pinball. It really only rewards more advanced players.

TSPP rules...but some people are flowhoes & cannot accept a game that isn’t 100% speed.

#17545 2 years ago

so glad it's mando and true. life can be good sometimes. forget these old school themes. hope they have a grogu (or however you spell his name) toy on it.

#17546 2 years ago

The child and the ball:
Screenshot_20210504-202053_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210504-202053_Chrome (resized).jpg

#17547 2 years ago

It is Lyman turn to code.
This is the way.

#17548 2 years ago

62F119F5-94DE-4551-AD05-9916DE611739 (resized).jpeg62F119F5-94DE-4551-AD05-9916DE611739 (resized).jpeg

#17549 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

It is Lyman turn to code.
This is the way.

Since there's a pro model, it's unlikely to be Lyman. Stern is saving his marquee pull for their rip-off Prem/LE/Super LE releases only (See: Batman '66, EHOH) these days. Can't blame them.

#17550 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Since there's a pro model, it's unlikely to be Lyman. Stern is saving his marquee pull for their rip-off Prem/LE/Super LE releases only (See: Batman '66, EHOH) these days. Can't blame them.

He works part-time?

I don’t hope so.

Unless who is the best coder except Lyman according to you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/351 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.