enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 923.
#17451 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Myself and others enjoy looking at the 27" JJP screen at times during the game (especially during those big game moments that are in all JJP games), easily viewing goals / progress, and seeing HD high quality graphics versus basically static images flying in and out on a majority of Stern games.

Lol, you can’t resist blasting Stern at every turn. A small 27” you’re referring to as a big screen monitor??? Always thought pinball is what happens on the playfield, not the up and away back-box...screens are only small window dressing that few ever look up at, unless the ball is stopped and then only very briefly. How is there ever time to look up at a JJP 27” screen with all the multiball centric gameplay anyway??? Stern figured out the ideal balance for those few moments.

Lol, JJP big screen moments: are you more interested now in watching TV on JJP backboxes than playing pinball??? Like looking up to see Judy Garland’s movie clips with another actress singing “Somewhere over the Rainbow” with Judy’s lips out of sync in WOZ or POTC generic 3 sec movie clips, with no actors from the movies, showing only still’s of actors at mode selection or WW actors lips moving with no sound or voice from the movie...could go on and on with JJP unimpressive very few assets 27” back box examples...you mean those kind of big screen moments??? Lolololololololololololo. Too hilarious!

#17452 2 years ago

You know. For me this thread became worthless. So much speculation and so little information. I find myself searching this thread on a daily basis but it always comes back empty with lots of irrelivant posts.

I surely hope it will be a good BTTF. If it's mandolorian (and that title came falling out of the sky for no reason at all), I will give it a try but will be dissapointed it's no BTTF.
If it's a band pin I will surely skip, I really hate band pins.

#17453 2 years ago
06fc408d38e466ddf63fcdeeae741da2fd789d03 (resized).jpg06fc408d38e466ddf63fcdeeae741da2fd789d03 (resized).jpg1991 (resized).jpg1991 (resized).jpgback_to_the_future (resized).jpgback_to_the_future (resized).jpg
#17454 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

THE Man Delorean

#17455 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Please add "Stern Trigger Warning" if posting something like that! Comments like that will give some people a heart attack here.

Myself and others enjoy looking at the 27" JJP screen at times during the game (especially during those big game moments that are in all JJP games), easily viewing goals / progress, and seeing HD high quality graphics versus basically static images flying in and out on a majority of Stern games.
There's nothing wrong with the Stern LCD screen size but they need to step up their animation game or at least be more consistent with offering high quality animations across all titles. The animations for TMNT come across as PS2 era (even Zach from SDTM hammered on that and he's a Stern distributor), same with Avengers AIQ. Animations for Black Knight are much nicer (probably their best) but why isn't that the norm from Stern?

Stern’s dot game was stronger than its LCD game. JJP is undefeated when it comes to this stuff. It’s not even close.

#17456 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Stern’s dot game was stronger than its LCD game. JJP is undefeated when it comes to this stuff. It’s not even close.

Agree. I'm sure Stern could match JJP in the animation department if they spent more money on that area. The "You don't play the LCD" type comments I read end up coming across as excuses for cheesy animation work. At first I was bummed that Ghostbusters didn't have an LCD but it probably worked out for the best as the dot work in the game is awesome.

#17457 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Please add "Stern Trigger Warning" if posting something like that! Comments like that will give some people a heart attack here.

There's nothing wrong with the Stern LCD screen size but they need to step up their animation game or at least be more consistent with offering high quality animations across all titles. The animations for TMNT come across as PS2 era (even Zach from SDTM hammered on that and he's a Stern distributor), same with Avengers AIQ. Animations for Black Knight are much nicer (probably their best) but why isn't that the norm from Stern?

I find the stern LCD much better than JJPs. JJPs is better in attract mode and to observers but the size is too big to easily glance at with your peripheral during gameplay for me. Not to mention the stern LCD is much sharper and contrasty than the cheap JJP screen. I agree that the animations are inconsistent, but their best stuff is great... Jurassic, Deadpool, Star Wars, etc all have awesome animations

#17458 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I find the stern LCD much better than JJPs. JJPs is better in attract mode and to observers but the size is too big to easily glance at with your peripheral during gameplay for me. Not to mention the stern LCD is much sharper and contrasty than the cheap JJP screen. I agree that the animations are inconsistent, but their best stuff is great... Jurassic, Deadpool, Star Wars, etc all have awesome animations

To each their own. Have never had an issue with glancing at a JJP screen during gameplay. The JJP screens are all broken up into quadrants / areas for the games different objectives. Stern has tried this to some degree but I find it harder to read due to the much smaller screen.

Good point on Deadpool, Stern did a nice job with the animations on that game. The 8 bit style animations look great.

#17459 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

To each their own. Have never had an issue with glancing at a JJP screen during gameplay. The JJP screens are all broken up into quadrants / areas for the games different objectives. Stern has tried this to some degree but I find it harder to read due to the much smaller screen.
Good point on Deadpool, Stern did a nice job with the animations on that game. The 8 bit style animations look great.

The so called quadrant is more clutter than effective. It confuses any visitor I’ve had play any JJP game. They always prefer straight to the point of Stern’s. Screen size is a non factor playing pinball. Eyes adjust and really don’t know the difference in screen size. It’s all a spec illusion you keep harping on. It’s like telling someone how great your 65” TV is and they are completely satisfied and don’t see the difference 3 minutes into the movie on their 55” inch. All being near the same in the minds eye. Stern’s is not harder to read or you must need stronger glasses. Lol

#17460 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

The so called quadrant is more clutter than effective. It confuses any visitor I’ve had play any JJP game. They always prefer straight to the point of Stern’s. Screen size is a non factor playing pinball. Eyes adjust and really don’t know the difference in screen size. It’s all a spec illusion you keep harping on. It’s like telling someone how great your 65” TV is and they are completely satisfied and don’t see the difference 3 minutes into the movie on their 55” inch. All being near the same in the minds eye. Stern’s is not harder to read or you must need stronger glasses. Lol

Lol I'm not even reading your posts anymore and it feels great. You cannot accept any criticism, even if it's constructive and includes compliments, against Stern.

#17461 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol I'm not even reading your posts anymore and it feels great. You cannot accept any criticism, even if it's constructive and includes compliments, against Stern.

Me neither. Lol. Maybe Zach will interview him next!

#17462 2 years ago

Me neither. Lol. I think delt31 might have two accounts.

Lol. No one is here saying Stern games suck but there are a handful of Pinside members that take it that way when reading any criticism towards Stern. Stern makes great games that are fun. Does that mean they are perfect? No. JJP is no different and has had some serious issues again with playfield issues (yet again) with some GNR playfields.

#17463 2 years ago

Duplicate, sorry, please delete.

#17464 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol. No one is here saying Stern games suck but there are a handful of Pinside members that take it that way when reading any criticism towards Stern. Stern makes great games that are fun. Does that mean they are perfect? No. JJP is no different and has had some serious issues again with playfield issues (yet again) with some GNR playfields.

Stern makes good games. Their LCD work and integration is weaker than JJP’s. I can’t believe that’s even debatable to some. Of course Stern could improve. They elect to invest elsewhere. Like in pieces of couch fabric, for example. Choices man.

#17465 2 years ago

I just can't, I just can't, i just can't believe that JAWS is still yet to be made!

Always thought a good candidate for JAWS from a previous Stern could have been The Sopranos. Had the boat and the Safe could have been the shark etc.
owell, still waiting!

#17466 2 years ago

The 4th is not with us.

#17467 2 years ago
DD02018C-3141-4C97-A7E2-EC8F63C0787A (resized).jpegDD02018C-3141-4C97-A7E2-EC8F63C0787A (resized).jpeg
#17468 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Lol, you can’t resist blasting Stern at every turn. A small 27” you’re referring to as a big screen monitor??? Always thought pinball is what happens on the playfield, not the up and away back-box...screens are only small window dressing that few ever look up at, unless the ball is stopped and then only very briefly. How is there ever time to look up at a JJP 27” screen with all the multiball centric gameplay anyway??? Stern figured out the ideal balance for those few moments.
Lol, JJP big screen moments: are you more interested now in watching TV on JJP backboxes than playing pinball??? Like looking up to see Judy Garland’s movie clips with another actress singing “Somewhere over the Rainbow” with Judy’s lips out of sync in WOZ or POTC generic 3 sec movie clips, with no actors from the movies, showing only still’s of actors at mode selection or WW actors lips moving with no sound or voice from the movie...could go on and on with JJP unimpressive very few assets 27” back box examples...you mean those kind of big screen moments??? Lolololololololololololo. Too hilarious!

You can go back in hiding now!

#17469 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Suppose you are not considered to be “no one”. Bash away on Stern, they can take it, they’re big boys. But can’t you keep it to the topic of this thread? Stern’s next title? Let’s take JJP talk to a JJP thread.

#17470 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You can go back in hiding now!

All 3 of the JJP fan club united. How sweet! This is a Stern next title thread, just FYI.

#17471 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Suppose you are not considered to be “no one”. Bash away on Stern, they can take it, they’re big boys. But can’t you keep it to the topic of this thread? Stern’s next title? Let’s take JJP talk to a JJP thread.

Hopefully today we will actually have some news for Mando! Maybe a teaser. I'm either buying that, a Stranger Things Pro, or TMNT premium next.

#17472 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hopefully today we will actually have some news for Mando! Maybe a teaser. I'm either buying that, a Stranger Things Pro, or TMNT premium next.

Think you’d be happiest with TMNT, as it has a lot of ball interactive toys. The layout is amazingly fast and one of Borg’s best ever. Knowing your style, think that would be up your ally. The only thing you might not like is the screen, lol.

#17473 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

All 3 of the JJP fan club united. How sweet! This is a Stern next title thread, just FYI.

Ok, how about this:

“oh man, what if it’s ‘Downton Abbey’? Or ‘Masterpiece Theatre’! Grail themes for me! Take my money now Stern!”

Or:

“What if Stern made some of the parts, like coil stops, out of an actual Delorean (!) on an SLE model? Oh man, INSTANT BUY from me!”

How’s that?

#17474 2 years ago

Ok, how about this:
“oh man, what if it’s ‘Downton Abbey’? Or ‘Masterpiece Theatre’! Grail themes for me! Take my money now Stern!”
Or:
“What if Stern made some of the parts, like coil stops, out of an actual Delorean (!) on an SLE model? Oh man, INSTANT BUY from me!”
How’s that?

That is quite good and like your last two suggestions. Most of all, who wouldn’t want a Delorean themed pinball machine?

#17475 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Think you’d be happiest with TMNT, as it has a lot of ball interactive toys. The layout is amazingly fast and one of Borg’s best ever. Knowing your style, think that would be up your ally. The only thing you might not like is the screen, lol.

See we can get along lol. I had such a blast playing TMNT on location a few weeks back, was not expecting that. The game feels loaded like a 90's Bally Williams pin. Code looks great too.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17476 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Beautiful place Animal.
Eventually the Pulp Fiction poster may need a new spot … I think that’s a nice spot for Jaws

Sharp eye , Rollar .

#17477 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

See we can get along lol. I had such a blast playing TMNT on location a few weeks back, was not expecting that. The game feels loaded like a 90's Bally Williams pin. Code looks great too.

Whew! We are finally talking just Stern here and thanks for coming around and understanding this is all about Stern and no other company. Will be glad to join your comments in JJP threads, about JJP. Look forward to it and glad you like my comments so much that you read them all. We are fast becoming long time friends now. Lol Agreed, it does feel like a fully loaded B/W game and the code is very deep. Think the game is so underrated and should be a top ten game for sure, even top 5.

#17478 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Beautiful place Animal.
Eventually the Pulp Fiction poster may need a new spot … I think that’s a nice spot for Jaws

Thank you!! I will have to squeeze a GnR in there too, when it finally arrives. That said, I would be stoked about a Rush machine as YYZ and Limelight currently plays on my MET (thank you Pinball Browser) and last year, just before the pandemic I organized a Rush Day for my kids: I found (wasnt too hard) the childhood house of Neil Peart and Alex and Geddy's Neighborhood, so visited those spots, Lakeside park, another park named for Geddy and Alex and ended the tour with a drive by Geddy's and Alex's residence... Big Rush fan. RIP Neil

#17479 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Seriously your always on JJP threads spewing your negativity!

#17480 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Seriously your always on JJP threads spewing your negativity!

Just stop.
Please.
How people can get so worked up over this shit at 9am astounds me.

#17481 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

How is there ever time to look up at a JJP 27” screen with all the multiball centric gameplay anyway??? Stern figured out the ideal balance for those few moments.

I laugh when people say this . What , you don't have a neck or eyes that move ?
You have plenty of time to look up at the screen when you hit the raps , catch a ball , lock balls or whatever .

#17482 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not to mention the stern LCD is much sharper and contrasty than the cheap JJP screen.

Umm, pretty sure the Stern LCD is significantly cheaper.

#17483 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just stop.
Please.
How people can get so worked up over this shit at 9am astounds me.

Um....its 11.30 pm .

#17484 2 years ago

The repost from stern insta has to be a joke... right?

#17485 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

The repost from stern insta has to be a joke... right?

#17486 2 years ago

moderators.... please please temporarily ban Panzer and JimWest for the love of gawwwd.. give 'em each 24hrs. you guy should get a room

#17487 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

16-bit, Brotendo!

#17488 2 years ago

How’s that?

Geez...are you trying to make them less reliable?

#17489 2 years ago

Although we have all seen this t-shirt design from a long time ago,strangely coincidental that Stern did just tweet this yesterday... 5-3-21

"Rescue or Destroy" To me it sounds like you are the shark aka Bruce modes / missions as well as trying to kill him aka Amity characters chief Brody, Hooper, Quint etc...

"Artist Zombie Yeti brings this art to life!" Also sounds like Zombie Yeti will be the artist on the main playfield / cabinet.

stern_tweet_5_3_21 (resized).pngstern_tweet_5_3_21 (resized).png
#17490 2 years ago
Quoted from kumanaga:

How’s that?

Geez...are you trying to make them less reliable?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats the funniest sh&t iv read today!!!

#17491 2 years ago

It's not mando

#17492 2 years ago

I figured for sure we would have a teaser by now.

#17493 2 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

It's not mando

Why do I get an eerie feeling this is the way?

#17494 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's nothing wrong with the Stern LCD screen size but they need to step up their animation game

EHOH looks like a PC game from 1997. Main reason I didn't buy it.

#17496 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

EHOH looks like a PC game from 1997. Main reason I didn't buy it.

My wife said the same thing when she saw Dialed In & Star Wars. Most of the LCD work has a 90’s PC CD-ROM vibe.

#17497 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My wife said the same thing when she saw Dialed In & Star Wars. Most of the LCD work has a 90’s PC CD-ROM vibe.

Nah, Dialed In is better then Sim City 4, that's the 2000's.

But yeah, "CD-Rom" Vibe describes most Stern games pretty well.
I'd argue that BKSoR is better and AIQ even worse then that.

#17498 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Personally I think Dialed In has the best animations in pinball, especially the phone character animations, but that's just me. Much better then 90's CD-ROM.

I still think Dialed In by JJP and Black Knight SOR by Stern have the best animations from each company. It's a bit ironic that both are also original themes, I think that motivated each company to do a great job.

#17499 2 years ago

It's Bill & Ted

#17500 2 years ago

Stern: Historically doesn’t release games based on anniversaries, movie release dates, or (made up) holidays.

Pinside: Mandalorean is being announced May 4th because a podcaster who is wrong as much as he’s right said so!!!

Stern: No announcement May 4th

Pinside:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/350?hl=frostbite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.