Topic Stats

• 6,052 posts
  • 781 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by mrclean
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 622 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

10E998FD-2E71-4A3D-BA66-4DB92FA1DDD6 (resized).jpeg
8374853E-D1AA-4E5E-8A90-71C0DB7C66DE (resized).jpeg
46D81076-0883-4EB2-B1C4-114A4323C698 (resized).png
sebknsxr4e831 (resized).jpg
51VGnkzRZaL._SX268_ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191204-182457 (resized).jpg
booom (resized).jpg
Rick_Morty_Pinball (resized).png
Lordvoldemort (resized).jpg
443E4CC6-0C0B-49C8-9A35-1D63DA927C86 (resized).jpeg
3BC5BA40-8A30-4CA4-B0A1-B05661A1404F.png
Screenshot_20191204-172605_Google (resized).jpg
pbnchklt.jpg
Screenshot_20191203-174041_InShot (resized).jpg
source.gif
Umv1ppvv_400x400[1] (resized).jpg

There are 6052 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 122.
#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The only music pin that's going to sell out this year is Alice Cooper.

Well, you really can’t sell out of any Stern due to their go-to-market with pros & premiums. The IMDN LE’s will sell out. I’d be willing to wager on that.

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Says the guy from Missouri.

Yeah, this guy couldn't be more off, especially today, IM is enjoying a gigantic resurgence, they were like hipster catnip back about 2014.

#1703 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Really, you mean all 500 units?

#1704 1 year ago
Quoted from Cantaffordgames:

Yeah, this guy couldn't be more off, especially today, IM is enjoying a gigantic resurgence, they were like hipster catnip back about 2014.

Iron Man? Sure.

Iron Maiden? Not really. There is zero mainstream coverage for the band. Metal forums or metal news sites might be taking notice, but "gigantic resurgence" is a bit heavy-handed of a term.

Over the past 5 years, interest surrounding Iron Maiden has tailed off a bit, and United States is #44 on the list of countries that express interest, just one above Bangladesh and one behind France. Iron Maiden is not a hot property in the USA, where the vast majority of pinball machines are sold. To give you an idea of how low Iron Maiden is on the relevance scale in the United States, Iron Maiden charts as a 35/100 in the United States over the past 12 months.

Backstreet Boys scores out at 43/100. Yikes.

(Data is from Google Trends, which tracks user search/interest behavior. It's not exact science, but it's useful for comparison.)

#1705 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not think the LE's will sell out. There are plenty of Iron Maiden fans, but they do not spend $8000+ on a pinball machine. Everyone thought the Kiss Army would step up and buy machines, we all know that did not happen. The days of LE's selling out are over. Only LE I see selling out is the super duper limited LE for Beatles from Kapow, because of the hype train.

I think the bigger limiting factor is the recent crappy Stern production issues. Bad playfields, bad cabinets, ridiculous cost cutting on build quality, woefully unfinished software. The LEs will sell out eventually if Stern has solved these issues, but there will be more wait and see than usual.

#1706 1 year ago

Anyone that keeps saying it’s not a good fit/won’t sell I’m willing to make a bet all LE’s sell out. Let me know and we can hammer out details. I can’t believe how many people are sleeping on this.

#1707 1 year ago

Maybe beetle juice

BAA66A21-0C42-4752-9B50-232141F599E0.jpeg

#1709 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not think the LE's will sell out. There are plenty of Iron Maiden fans, but they do not spend $8000+ on a pinball machine. Everyone thought the Kiss Army would step up and buy machines, we all know that did not happen. The days of LE's selling out are over. Only LE I see selling out is the super duper limited LE for Beatles from Kapow, because of the hype train.

The Le's will S/O, they're one of the biggest IPs in rock n roll history, every metal/rock bar will get one as well.

#1710 1 year ago

every metal/rock bar will get one as well.

A LE is an collectors item. Why would you put a LE on location?
It's more expensive as well so it's even harder for the game to pay for itself.

There's a reason the pro model exists.

#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Pro is for non-player route operators that don't care and just want a machine to fill a space and earn. Premium is appreciated by players on a route because it's not stripped to the bone like a pro and has all the features of the LE. We usually only get Premiums on the route I help with (one Pro, and sometimes LEs in trades or something, but usually only Premiums) and in the one place where there's a Pro of the same machine across the street, we KILL it. Once the players found our Premium version, they play that over the Pro because there's no comparison feature-wise if you're a pinball fan.

#1712 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Way off on your U2 info - more like 14 studio albums which sold well over 170 million copies. 4 out of top 20 grossing tours by any artist or group all time. Numbers are pretty amazing actually.
Bad comparison - not even close

Nobody really knows the real numbers however I get my information from business insider not from pinside

2FD15646-50A4-4132-B39E-38D258326076 (resized).png

#1713 1 year ago

And we’re not even talking about the two beers that they sell as well as tons of merchandising and millions of T-shirts

#1714 1 year ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Nobody really knows the real numbers however I get my information from business insider not from pinside

I think you're confusing US sales with Worldwide sales.

#1715 1 year ago

The Le's will S/O, they're one of the biggest IPs in rock n roll history, every metal/rock bar will get one as well.

Lol, I guess they can put it next to their AC/DC and Met pinball machines also. Oh wait a minute, I only see those in barcades. I'm glad for fans of Iron Maiden that they are getting a game made but lets pump the brakes a little on the insane predictions. Maybe you could say that 0.00001% of the bars that play metal/rock will get and Iron Maiden pin instead.

#1716 1 year ago

Maiden fans fork out bucks...u2 fans...not so much

DEAB66D5-A45B-4962-A0B7-DED92A8BBD2C (resized).png

85B6CAC0-42AB-4B0D-8494-B5DBB165E88E (resized).png

#1717 1 year ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Maiden fans fork out bucks...u2 fans...not so much

I'm all for Iron Maiden and think they're plenty popular, but let's not get carried away. You can ASK for whatever you want on Ebay. Actually SELLING the item is all that matters, and a quick check shows $482 is the highest sales price for a Maiden T on USA ebay recently.

Still U2 Ts sell for less, with a single $180 sale and the rest less than $100. So your general point still stands.

#1718 1 year ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Maiden fans fork out bucks

Search Ebay completed auctions. Even the vintage ten dollar ones go unsold.

Your two aren't what they sold for, it's what the seller hopes to get.

LTG : )

#1719 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Search Ebay completed auctions. Even the vintage ten dollar ones go unsold.
Your two aren't what they sold for, it's what the seller hopes to get.
LTG : )

We think each other's unspoken thoughts. Scary.

#1720 1 year ago

Well just to clarify I am the maiden fan that is saying this pin isn’t coming... I hope I’m wrong. My only beef on here is How wrong the people that don’t like maiden or don’t know their songs are about maidens popularity...pray it doesn’t get released or you will eat every anti maiden word you spoke.

#1721 1 year ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Well just to clarify I am the maiden fan that is saying this pin isn’t coming... I hope I’m wrong. My only beef on here is How wrong the people that don’t like maiden or don’t know their songs are about maidens popularity...pray it doesn’t get released or you will eat every anti maiden word you spoke.

Maiden is coming, likely announced in 2 days, so prepare for your penance.

#1722 1 year ago

Iron Maiden is not a theme I'm interested in, but if it happens, I'll be happy for the fans. If the game is great, I might end up getting it.

I do think it would be an interesting choice for Stern and mark a bit of a departure from previous titles. I think it would be the least mainstream theme they've done (I'm not saying that's a bad thing)...at least as far as the U.S. goes. My perception is that Iron Maiden has never had any real radio support in the U.S. and is not that well known here, especially compared to Elvis, The Rolling Stones, ACDC, Metallica, Kiss, and Aerosmith. Maybe it would do really well overseas...I have no idea.

I think it would be cool if Stern does it from the sense that it would be a bit notable that they went outside the box a bit.

#1723 1 year ago

I haven't cared about Iron Maiden since I was 13, I remember owning Killers. I've got their top songs playing on iTunes right now to try and get back into the mood, and it's fine, basic melodic soft metal. Not really what I'm into as far as metal goes, my tastes run a lot more extreme than this, but it seems like fine pinball music to me. Everyone has bands they like or don't, you're never going to please everyone, don't bother trying.

It's a good brand. Who cares if you like the band or not, everyone has seen their tshirts and logo and Eddie, it's a recognizable as anything.

I'm bored out of my skull with licensed pinball, it's simply not interesting to me anymore, but band themes are the closest thing to original work as we get these days. So if you have to do one you might as well do something with some freedom to design.

Hope it's cool. Be shocked if I had any personal interest in it, but at the very least I hope the fans get something that makes them happy.

#1724 1 year ago
Quoted from flamehead:

14 albums created and well over 170 million copies sold. Pretty clear to me.

#1725 1 year ago

87D8BFA3-B264-444B-96D1-A47BBBB3BDC1 (resized).jpeg

#1726 1 year ago

I think they should make 666 LE's and number every one of them 666.

#1727 1 year ago

If they can't come up with a decent art package out of that, somebody needs to go.

#1728 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I do think it would be an interesting choice for Stern and mark a bit of a departure from previous titles. I think it would be the least mainstream theme they've done

I'd give that title to Sharkey's Shootout. I was like, "buh?"

#1729 1 year ago

Iron Maiden is a lot like the Grateful Dead (not in genre)

Awesome T-shirts

Sorta shitty music

Cool choice for a pinball

I can listen to both (IM/GD), I don’t hate em, but after a few songs I’m done AF

Beck or Pink Floyd I can listen to for much longer but their T-shirts suck

I’m sorta serious sorta trolling right now. Can’t decide.

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Iron Maiden is a lot like the Grateful Dead (not in genre)
Awesome T-shirts
Sorta shitty music
Cool choice for a pinball
I can listen to both (IM/GD), I don’t hate em, but after a few songs I’m done AF
Beck or Pink Floyd I can listen to for much longer but their T-shirts suck
I’m sorta serious sorta trolling right now. Can’t decide.

You've been A+ trolling for a while now. I'm hyper-offended you just compared Maiden to Dead - nice work.

Beck... meh. Love Floyd music and t-shirts.

#1731 1 year ago

Hey guys! You might not know this but there is a Stern Iron Maiden thread. Now for speculating what will be the next Stern it’s Iron Maidan. Then something, something and another something.

#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I think the bigger limiting factor is the recent crappy Stern production issues.

Yeah, Stern sales are up year over year but YOU have it all figured out.
Thanks for your "insight".

#1733 1 year ago

Winter Olympics 2018

Shawn White, Cloe, Linsey, etc inserted into game at last minute.
Easy game to prevent rumors.
Bronze, Silver or Gold editions.
Summer 2020 Edition out in two years, no speculation needed.

Someone said IOC might want to licence that. Ya think?

#1734 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Around 5 years ago I reserved IMDN #66 with our local distributor
I rang him a few weeks ago about getting a LUCI and asked about IMDN
He said hang on I'll check my diary, this gentlemen is old school, yeah I still have you down for #66
lol, wow ! What a champion
obviously the number is irrelevant to the number of the beast, but at the time LE's were limited to 500, so I thought 666 impossible. lol
Today guessing there will be at least 700 LE's and possible version variations ?
I have said it before, If executed correctly the LE's will sell out in a heartbeat

You won't have a chance to see it it's executed well, itll sell out nearly as fast as MetLE.

#1735 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

There's a bar here in D.C. that really only gets LEs when they get a new Stern. They currently have Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Star Trek and The Walking Dead all in LE models.

#1736 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I haven't cared about Iron Maiden since I was 13, I remember owning Killers. I've got their top songs playing on iTunes right now to try and get back into the mood, and it's fine, basic melodic soft metal.

I always think of them as symphonic fantasy metal. And I admire the hell out of their guitar playing, especially when switching between three lead guitarists.

I think in the US alone, they are the least popular band of the rock pins made so far. But on a world stage I would rank them right up there with AC/DC. They brings people to the event. Flight 666 is an amazing live show compilation.

Plus, how can you not love a band where the lead singer personally flies them everywhere in an Iron Maiden themed 757?

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yeah, Stern sales are up year over year but YOU have it all figured out.
Thanks for your "insight".

If your reading comprehension were better, you'd realize I was talking about LE sales, not general Stern sales. Since there are plenty of recent LEs still hanging around, I seriously doubt LEs are blazing at Stern. Plus all the factors that have pissed LE buyers off are trailing factors to sales, meaning they take a while to show up with lost or delayed future sales.

I_know_a_little_something_about_that (resized).jpg

#1738 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

If your reading comprehension were better, you'd realize I was talking about LE sales, not general Stern sales. Since there are plenty of recent LEs still hanging around, I seriously doubt LEs are blazing at Stern. Plus all the factors that have pissed LE buyers off are trailing factors to sales, meaning they take a while to show up with lost or delayed future sales.

You commented on “recent issues”. “Playfields”, “cabinets”, etc.
Who’s suffering issues right now? Not Stern owners, per the threads I’ve seen.
My reading comprehension is fine.
Your “facts” could use a little work.

#1739 1 year ago

I want to pick a side but one guy is from Canada & the other guy likes WOZ

#1740 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

...says the guy from "Mizzurruh"

#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You commented on “recent issues”. “Playfields”, “cabinets”, etc.
Who’s suffering issues right now? Not Stern owners, per the threads I’ve seen.
My reading comprehension is fine.
Your “facts” could use a little work.

No, your comprehension is not good. The progression of my post to your first response demonstrates it, since I was CLEARLY talking about LEs (commonly called a "subset" of total sales units) and you were talking about GENERAL STERN SALES (which is EVERYTHING, and obviously more than just LEs). That's misdirection or bad comprehension. I prefer to give you the benefit of the doubt and call it bad comprehension.

There's still people having problems with Stern cabinets splitting at the front seams from cost-reduced wood and construction. A pretty nice long series with pictures on how to fix it if you're half a world away and not going to bother with an exchange in the Batman'66 thread. Don't be so smug. Those issues still exist if you're keeping up. Not nearly as bad as they were, but still enough to give LE buyers pause. And, giving Stern credit, they worked to satisfy the affected people and didn't chalk any of it up to hand mixed colors or artistic license.

#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I like the Great White North, too. Is that a double whammy?

#1743 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

No, your comprehension is not good. The progression of my post to your first response demonstrates it, since I was CLEARLY talking about LEs (commonly called a "subset" of total sales units) and you were talking about GENERAL STERN SALES (which is EVERYTHING, and obviously more than just LEs). That's misdirection or bad comprehension. I prefer to give you the benefit of the doubt and call it bad comprehension.
There's still people having problems with Stern cabinets splitting at the front seams from cost-reduced wood and construction. A pretty nice long series with pictures on how to fix it if you're half a world away and not going to bother with an exchange in the Batman'66 thread. Don't be so smug. Those issues still exist if you're keeping up. Not nearly as bad as they were, but still enough to give LE buyers pause. And, giving Stern credit, they worked to satisfy the affected people and didn't chalk any of it up to hand mixed colors or artistic license.

Nothing to do with being smug, I just think that Stern continually gets a bad wrap from guys like you, echoing other peoples problems.
4 months ago, this was posted in another thread:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's an old picture and irrelevant.
There have been no new relevant posts here in months, which leads me to believe it hasn't been an issue for months.

I know PW had an issue, which Stern replaced -and Rotordave is recently suffering (sucks, but let's also note that Stern was not asked to replace it as Dave felt it would take too long and preferred to fix it himself).

So agreed that Stern pins are hardly flawless. But I'm not seeing evidence that they're even as bad as other manufacturers.
Easy way to tell: go check out pics in the AFMrLE thread, or the DI thread.

So maybe do the world a favour and let owners with issues be the ones to throw mud at Stern, instead of taking up the cause on nobody else's behalf?
You repeat something like "all the current cabinet issues" and/or "the current playfield issues" and that makes it sound like customers are being hung out to dry. You don't comment on the % of customers that had an issue, and were made whole.

If owners with issues document their issues, and others do not, we'll get a real idea of QC issues etc.

#1744 1 year ago

Iron Maiden - Retro classics or Book of Souls. Anyone hearing if this Iron Maiden game will focus on the 89s classics or will they be trying to push the last album, which would be a big miss in my opinion ☹️

#1745 1 year ago

Thank goodness Stern's white knight has emerged once more!

White-Knight-saves-company-from-total-collapse (resized).jpg

#1746 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Can't blame you. I was an instabuy on an LE, but pulled out because of the many issues Stern is facing, including coding.

Maybe we might be surprised and get 1.0 ?

As difficult as it is, I have accepted that complete code will be at least 12 months away

Be so cool if Lyman was in on this, be great to see some new up and comers having a red hot go in the code department.

And yes, engineers, get your shit together with Spike please

#1747 1 year ago

A couple of things:

It’s real weird to see the “wait, you saw Iron Maiden LAST NIGHT??” justification defense conversations I have in real life after seeing Iron Maiden at any point over the last 15 years replicated on Pinside.

These Iron Maiden threads are the only time I’ve ever disagreed with anything PW79 has ever posted, A++ troll level.

Midnight Vultures, Sea Change 5.1 and that “everyone is out to get you motherf****r” song is the best Beck.

#1748 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Not if it plays and looks like Rob Zombies pin, p about as drained out as his vocals are during a live show, and I like Rob Zombie music but not great live act let’s face it.

#1749 1 year ago

Yeah Baby....this is what im talkin about!

A0A4FEAF-34D6-4678-870D-AFFD597955D8 (resized).jpeg

#1750 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah Baby....this is what im talkin about!

So hoping the artwork is in this ballpark and it ships with at least 1.00 software...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 6052 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 122.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside