Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,737 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 935.
#17351 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Not true. They didn’t make premiums for X-Men either. And others.

Did they have the 3 tier system then.

#17352 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Speak for yourself, I can remember a time in my twenties where I had to live off of little mini hotdogs for a month that I got for free from a gig. No one handed me shit. I hustled my ass off to be able to buy a home and pins etc.

2 years living on a giant bag of animal crackers and tap water, working everyday. Couldn’t afford tv. Saved every free penny for home deposit. In the end I got my wife and kids a home and a stable life.

Long story but happy ending. So I feel ya...

#17353 2 years ago

Not much talk about Godzilla lately, is that definitely pushed back? For a while it seemed like the leading candidate for what's up next.

Quoted from mbrave77:

Im a star wars nut and totally agree. Rogue One is awesome.

Rogue One is by far my favorite Star Wars movie not from the original trilogy. Of course being that it ties in so closely with the originals didn't hurt.

I have enjoyed The Mandalorian too though, so if that is the next Stern release I have no complaints with it.

#17354 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Did they have the 3 tier system then.

Yes, it was after AC/DC....I don’t think they were confident in X-Men’s sales, so they killed the Prem to create FOMO on the LE. Probably a good idea considering all the issues the LE had...bad aux boards, ice ramps not working right, Wolverine’s poor mounting & breaking, etc. A Prem would have had the same problems.

#17355 2 years ago

Crap, it’s really not BTTF?

2066D27B-D85A-4AC7-AE96-361E0820A7C0 (resized).jpeg2066D27B-D85A-4AC7-AE96-361E0820A7C0 (resized).jpeg
#17356 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

2 years living on a giant bag of animal crackers and tap water, working everyday. Couldn’t afford tv. Saved every free penny for home deposit. In the end I got my wife and kids a home and a stable life.

Pff.. Typical trustfund kid.

#17357 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

If it’s Mandalorian I hope Helicon Brewery gets one of the first off the line (since they always seem to get first dibs on all new games).
I love the show and put it up there with the original trilogy (and Rouge One). If it’s good, I’m totally in on a pro.

Chris always manages to have one of the first machines on location in the country. It's an awesome place!

#17358 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Chris always manages to have one of the first machines on location in the country. It's an awesome place!

My absolute go to for all things pinball in Pittsburgh. And beer. Because you can’t spell “Pinball” without “beer.”
Sort of.
Whatever.
Pinball and beer!!!

#17359 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

#17360 2 years ago

Then i have started to watch The mandalorian serie last night, just the first 4 episodes. As we said here, « ca casse pas 3 pattes a un canard! »
Will watch till the end of first season to get a better and fair opinion

#17361 2 years ago

You guys crack me up. Comedy gold right there!

#17362 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Then i have started to watch The mandalorian serie last night, just the first 4 episodes. As we said here, « ca casse pas 3 pattes a un canard! »
Will watch till the end of first season to get a better and fair opinion

Season 1 pace was very slow, especially at the beginning episodes.

#17363 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Speak for yourself, I can remember a time in my twenties where I had to live off of little mini hotdogs for a month that I got for free from a gig.

I know the gig... Was operating a flying hot dog time machine amazing ?! Oh and shout out to @jeffspinballpalace.

297D77F9-12EF-4FA9-A615-317ADEFFF904 (resized).jpeg297D77F9-12EF-4FA9-A615-317ADEFFF904 (resized).jpeg

#17364 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is great news! Does this mean you will take your moaning and complaining elsewhere,?

Not at all mate, just stating facts!

#17365 2 years ago

Posted this in the mando thread:

Thought you guys might want to see how Zen Pinball handled the Mandalorian license. Game was just released on the VR platform 2 days ago. Has a smaller upper playfield like the rumored Stern pin.

2A8EF881-4879-4202-9B3F-F09BE2CA0C38 (resized).png2A8EF881-4879-4202-9B3F-F09BE2CA0C38 (resized).png64F66C7B-4489-4BD9-94BF-7565CBA745DD (resized).png64F66C7B-4489-4BD9-94BF-7565CBA745DD (resized).pngDB527B20-9995-48C5-9A55-B1E7B6DE72BE (resized).pngDB527B20-9995-48C5-9A55-B1E7B6DE72BE (resized).png
#17366 2 years ago

Hahaha I actually just saw the Oscar Meyer wiener mobile while on a bike ride the other day. Sadly, this was not the gig. I was playing in a band at some event and the caterers gave us an entire tray of cocktail weenies. Little did they know they were saving my life haha.

Quoted from mrclean:

I know the gig... Was operating a flying hot dog time machine amazing ?! Oh and shout out to jeffspinballpalace.
[quoted image]

#17367 2 years ago

Could be that we are miss-hearing the rumors out there - Is it possible we are supposed to be hearing Man Accordion ...
Sure, I guess some may hear Mandalorian but that sounds a lot lot like something else altogether.

Man Accordian (resized).jpgMan Accordian (resized).jpg
#17368 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Sure, I guess some may hear Mandalorian but that sounds a lot lot like something else altogether.

Also, could easily be “Myron Floren” that people heard.

#17369 2 years ago

I still believe it could be Back to the Future.
I was told that from someone who buys and sells over 500 (new and used) Sterns each year. We shall see. No guaranteed proof either way yet.

#17370 2 years ago

This has gone from slightly amusing to completely unfunny, back to to slightly amusing and now it’s almost becoming funny. This jokes been on a long journey and I almost honor its insistence upon itself.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Could be that we are miss-hearing the rumors out there - Is it possible we are supposed to be hearing Man Accordion ...
[quoted image]

#17371 2 years ago

Mandalorian is a great show for sure. It is different from the OG movies in that it's a little slower moving and focuses most of the time on a single plot line. The movies bounce around frenetically between a number of plot lines.

My opinion is The Mandalorian is a remake of the 70s TV show Kung Fu. Think about it. Mando is Kwai Chang Caine. Instead of being a bad ass monk trained from childhood as an orphan, he is in a similar situation as a bad ass Mandalorian. Caine was on the run after committing a crime. Same with Mando. Caine was chased by bounty hunters through the old west. Mando is chased by bounty hunters in the wilds of the Star Wars universe. Caine encountered new villages and people each week and often saved a town from raiders. Mando encounters random villages and new characters and saves them from raiders. Kung Fu was a show with a common thread, but new encounters each week. Mandalorian is a show with common thread, but new encounters each week.

#17372 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, it was after AC/DC....I don’t think they were confident in X-Men’s sales, so they killed the Prem to create FOMO on the LE. Probably a good idea considering all the issues the LE had...bad aux boards, ice ramps not working right, Wolverine’s poor mounting & breaking, etc. A Prem would have had the same problems.

I bought a X-men LE and a week later I couldn’t wait to get rid of it. I hope the code got better

#17373 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Mandalorian is a great show for sure. It is different from the OG movies in that it's a little slower moving and focuses most of the time on a single plot line. The movies bounce around frenetically between a number of plot lines.
My opinion is The Mandalorian is a remake of the 70s TV show Kung Fu. Think about it. Mando is Kwai Chang Caine. Instead of being a bad ass monk trained from childhood as an orphan, he is in a similar situation as a bad ass Mandalorian. Caine was on the run after committing a crime. Same with Mando. Caine was chased by bounty hunters through the old west. Mando is chased by bounty hunters in the wilds of the Star Wars universe. Caine encountered new villages and people each week and often saved a town from raiders. Mando encounters random villages and new characters and saves them from raiders. Kung Fu was a show with a common thread, but new encounters each week. Mandalorian is a show with common thread, but new encounters each week.

Exactly.

One episode in season 1 was a lot like the seven Samurai movie.

But overall Kung Fu tv show.

#17374 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I bought a X-men LE and a week later I couldn’t wait to get rid of it. I hope the code got better

I owned it too. The code got a lot better but still wasn’t the best. It had good elements like Villain battle but overall was still an uneven game.

#17375 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It did get better.

It did not get good.

Which is a huge bummer because I was so ready to like it. Goodwill out the wazoo. But the atrocious callouts, and most notably Shitty Beast (TM) really killed the joy and immersion. Plus you pretty much HAD to make the captive ball conversion to Borg's original idea because the wolverine bash toy was failing from the day it was cost-reduced in.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17376 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

XMEN changed more than any Stern has EVER changed. Where the game started and where it finished are dramatically different. A total overhaul.

It became a very good, very deep game, and with the after market sound package, no one has to listen to the call outs Rarehero bitched about ad nauseum.

#17377 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It did get better.
It did not get good.
Which is a huge bummer because I was so ready to like it. Goodwill out the wazoo. But the atrocious callouts, and most notably Shitty Beast (TM) really killed the joy and immersion. Plus you pretty much HAD to make the captive ball conversion to Borg's original idea because the wolverine bash toy was failing from the day it was cost-reduced in.

I’d rather take Rotor Dave’s word for it. He owns well over 100 games and says XMEN might be his favorite.

And get a clue, there’s an after market sound package.

#17378 2 years ago

I’d rather take Rotor Dave’s word for it. He owns well over 100 games and says XMEN might be his favorite.
And get a clue, there’s an after market sound package.

I'm not saying RotorDave can't like it. Some people swear Munsters is great, too. I wish them all well.

But the marketplace doesn't lie. If you follow the LE plate numbers, X-MEN LE changes hands a LOT and the price is a bit over a Pro for any other pin on most sale ads, which is crazy if you just go by the theme and massive amount of toys and ramps packed into the game. Many people do not own it for long, and that says dud in the lexicon of pinball ownership.

I'm also not saying you can't like it. That's the beautiful thing about pinball. Something for everyone.

#17379 2 years ago

I wonder if Stern will be announcing THE MANDALORIAN in two days, Tuesday May the 4th, also known as STAR WARS DAY, "May the Force be With You Day"...

It's all lining up...

#17380 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:I wonder if Stern will be announcing THE MANDALORIAN in two days, Tuesday May the 4th, also known as STAR WARS DAY, "May the Force be With You Day"...
It's all lining up...

huhu huhu good guess butthead... to bad it's not like Back To The Future. hEheHee Hee yeah yeah gigawats rule!

beavis_and_butt_head_do_back_to_the_future_by_jackmamadraws_d9tmygi-fullview (resized).pngbeavis_and_butt_head_do_back_to_the_future_by_jackmamadraws_d9tmygi-fullview (resized).png
#17381 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

huhu huhu good guess butthead... to bad it's not like Back To The Future. hEheHee Hee yeah yeah gigawats rule!
[quoted image]

Beavis and Butthead is LONG overdue for a pinball machine. And with Mike Judge trying to reboot it again, maybe the timing is finally right.

#17382 2 years ago

XMEN changed more than any Stern has EVER changed. Where the game started and where it finished are dramatically different. A total overhaul.
It became a very good, very deep game, and with the after market sound package, no one has to listen to the call outs Rarehero bitched about ad nauseum.

98FA0D25-9631-4ACD-B68D-6613D7D4A652.gif98FA0D25-9631-4ACD-B68D-6613D7D4A652.gif
#17383 2 years ago

The Walking Dead and Batman '66 say otherwise.

#17384 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beavis and Butthead is LONG overdue for a pinball machine. And with Mike Judge trying to reboot it again, maybe the timing is finally right.

I can hear the call outs now... "pin-BALLS" ... huhuhuhu you said BALLS....

"Frog baseball" mode would be amazing, "Hock-A-Loogie" mode I'm IN...

Principal McVicker should have the SHAKER go like crazy when he calls them into his office

The taunting call outs on a drain "YOU SUCK huhuhuhu"

#17385 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not saying RotorDave can't like it. Some people swear Munsters is great, too. I wish them all well.
But the marketplace doesn't lie. If you follow the LE plate numbers, X-MEN LE changes hands a LOT and the price is a bit over a Pro for any other pin on most sale ads, which is crazy if you just go by the theme and massive amount of toys and ramps packed into the game. Many people do not own it for long, and that says dud in the lexicon of pinball ownership.
I'm also not saying you can't like it. That's the beautiful thing about pinball. Something for everyone.

The market may not “lie” about the $ “value” (perceived) of a game, but that has nothing to do with the games overall worth. You should know better. You sound very disingenuous, or simply ignorant of what the game became.

15k posts in the XMEN thread is a testament to the fact that the game was hyped to the hills and tracked closely at the very beginning by aLOT of people. You get one chance to make a first impression. After which people stop caring or just get lazy and ignorant, in terms of not keeping up with the games evolution.

After incredible hype, the game had shit code and QC issues out of the box. Then a small - but vociferous - group harped incessantly about the callouts, contributing to the massive letdown, and from then on the game had a poor reputation. After the long delayed “big attempt” to fix the code failed, most people just gave up, and rightfully so.

Then Stern released about 12 games - many quite good - over the next three years AND JJP and CGC came on the scene. XMEN’s reputation was already sealed and the hobby moved on.

And then they fixed the code in a huge way, and made the game quite good. And Fat Panda crafted a custom sound package with XMEN callouts from the licensed cartoons and cool music (Layla?! Who knew?).

So YOU may think it’s a dud, but many people think it’s quite good now.

#17386 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Same old dude singing the same tired ass song. Learn a new one.

#17387 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Walking Dead and Batman '66 say otherwise.

You can hardly compare the two (or three). You’re telling me that Lyman working his complicated shit out over time to ultimately deliver a solid game is comparable to XMEN? XMEN had a rookie pinball coder flailing horribly on his first try out of the gate , only to be “rescued” by another newb coder who just made things worse! Practically years later!

It took an army to get XMEN right. And they got it right too. Lyman is Lyman.

#17388 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I can hear the call outs now... "pin-BALLS" ... huhuhuhu you said BALLS....
"Frog baseball" mode would be amazing, "Hock-A-Loogie" mode I'm IN...
Principal McVicker should have the SHAKER go like crazy when he calls them into his office
The taunting call outs on a drain "YOU SUCK huhuhuhu"

TP for my bunghole mode like creature where you're looking for TP instead of CFTBL.

Cornholio VUK.

"Dumbass" callouts on draining or tilting.

There's a wealth of lowbrow callout material that should be great in a pinball machine.

#17389 2 years ago

The market may not “lie” about the $ “value” (perceived) of a game, but that has nothing to do with the games overall worth. You should know better. You sound very disingenuous, or simply ignorant of what the game became.
15k posts in the XMEN thread is a testament to the fact that the game was hyped to the hills and tracked closely at the very beginning by aLOT of people. You get one chance to make a first impression. After which people stop caring or just get lazy and ignorant, in terms of not keeping up with the games evolution.
After incredible hype, the game had shit code and QC issues out of the box. Then a small - but vociferous - group harped incessantly about the callouts, contributing to the massive letdown, and from then on the game had a poor reputation. After the long delayed “big attempt” to fix the code failed, most people just gave up, and rightfully so.
Then Stern released about 12 games - many quite good - over the next three years AND JJP and CGC came on the scene. XMEN’s reputation was already sealed and the hobby moved on.
And then they fixed the code in a huge way, and made the game quite good. And Fat Panda crafted a custom sound package with XMEN callouts from the licensed cartoons and cool music (Layla?! Who knew?).
So YOU may think it’s a dud, but many people think it’s quite good now.

I had only played a stock pro at an arcade but just bought an LE with all the mods and sound mods. Very deep game, super happy with it.

#17390 2 years ago

The market may not “lie” about the $ “value” (perceived) of a game, but that has nothing to do with the games overall worth.

Well, now you're making a totally different argument, admitting that the perceived value (measured in resale dollars) of X-MEN is indeed low, but the personal subjective value to you and others that may currently have it is higher.

You're completely allowed to do that, but it doesn't change the fact that the market (i.e. the majority) feel it's not great, even after the big code change. And, I concur. Played it before and owned it after and it's just a poor game. Doesn't come together. Incredibly surprising, considering all the toys and ramps it has. But thems the breaks. It happens.

#17391 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, now you're making a totally different argument, admitting that the perceived value (measured in resale dollars) of X-MEN is indeed low, but the personal subjective value to you and others that may currently have it is higher.
You're completely allowed to do that, but it doesn't change the fact that the market (i.e. the majority) feel it's not great, even after the big code change. And, I concur. Played it before and owned it after and it's just a poor game. Doesn't come together. Incredibly surprising, considering all the toys and ramps it has. But thems the breaks. It happens.

I liked my X-Men LE. It was beautiful. I always enjoyed playing it. Wouldn't call it deep code, but more broad code. There's a lot of it, but it's more throwback strategy: Hit a shot twice to start its corresponding mode, then hit the required shots to finish it.

Layout is pretty damn awesome. Looks are a 10 IMO. Callouts though -- there are some of the dumbest, worst callouts ever created for a pin. Or possibly anything. The wolverine replacement is a must. I don't know why people replace magneto with action figures though. Looks super weird.

Dark Phoenix is amazing. Got there twice.

#17392 2 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

I still believe it could be Back to the Future.
I was told that from someone who buys and sells over 500 (new and used) Sterns each year. We shall see. No guaranteed proof either way yet.

I'm writing this down, this is good stuff.

Martygeorgenotes (resized).jpgMartygeorgenotes (resized).jpg
#17393 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

I had only played a stock pro at an arcade but just bought an LE with all the mods and sound mods. Very deep game, super happy with it.

Glad to hear it!! It’s also a very hard game to finish, and that no doubt contributes to some opinions. That and short attention spans. In this era where people run through games faster than a roll of toilet paper (but only play them 200 times!), a game that actually makes you hit challenging shots to progress probably doesn’t last long in many collections. Play better people!

#17394 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I never said the value of XMEN was low. I agreed with you that the market is the market. But didn’t you hear? XMEN LE is now a $20k game. That what it would take to unbolt it from my floor!

#17395 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Lets get on with the ManDelorean!

Even the Mandalorian wants it to be the Mandelorean.

mando (resized).pngmando (resized).png
#17396 2 years ago

So, finally Bill & Ted on Tuesday?

#17397 2 years ago

I never said the value of XMEN was low. I agreed with you that the market is the market. But didn’t you hear? XMEN LE is now a $20k game. That what it would take to unbolt it from my floor!

Which is great. You got a game you personally love, and that's mission accomplished in pinball.

#17398 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So, finally Bill & Ted on Tuesday?

Bill & Ted unfortunately missed the phone call when they were being excellent, however someone else did get a call from Stern...

9E12F972-4FB3-4503-A234-85838522C221 (resized).jpeg9E12F972-4FB3-4503-A234-85838522C221 (resized).jpeg
#17399 2 years ago

Ah well

As mentioned plenty of time to keep
Saving up and my current collection is safe

Now if BTTF was really coming

I’d be making some tough calls

#17400 2 years ago

Not much talk about Godzilla lately, is that definitely pushed back? For a while it seemed like the leading candidate for what's up next.

Looks like pushed back to possibly fall and God knows when next Elvira run will be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 46,737 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 935.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/348?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.