DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,823 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 937.
#17301 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:Topper
[quoted image]

I like the 1985 Topper version no doubt... but I think I prefer my 2015 topper... Hopefully Stern puts good use with magnets for this title with flying Deloreon's / hoverboards.

IMG_0943 (resized).JPGIMG_0943 (resized).JPG
#17302 2 years ago

Says the ultimate....

9DC25CBA-CA13-453E-BC9B-4B020A2E8576 (resized).jpeg9DC25CBA-CA13-453E-BC9B-4B020A2E8576 (resized).jpeg

Now back to Mando. Think Baby Yoda is cuter and could be a wow factor in the game if he has some kind of kinetic powers.

#17303 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Ok guys. Sorry, i have just realised that i was not living in the US!
An LE game is around 11k euros then over 13kUSD, maybe another reason why these machines are bought by 40 years old group or more here

It wasn't the cost of these machines people disagreed with. You have missed the point entirely.

Edit: for the record, even us single dads can afford pinball machines if we bust our asses

#17304 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As a 30 something, a lot of people are marrying later in life, having kids later too so they have some more fun money to spend. That wasn't me but I'm also old school. Damn millennials! Haha

Most single people don't live in houses though(unless you count the people still living with their parents), it wasn't until I got married and bought a house that pinball actually made sense.

#17305 2 years ago

Any word on a Tron VE? Not sure why the current Tron's are so overpriced.

#17306 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Any word on a Tron VE? Not sure why the current Tron's are so overpriced.

Overpriced because one sold for some insane money but it happened. Not sure it will hold, we'll see if it cools down or not. Supply and Demand and when it comes down to Tron...period. It was the one title Stern did not make a premium for.

#17307 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Glad I'm a Dink. More pins for me.

I'd rather be a Dick than a Dink

#17308 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Not sure it will hold, we'll see if it cools down or not. Supply and Demand and when it comes down to Tron...period. It was the one title Stern did not make a premium for.

There were more. Avatar LE & Rolling Stones LE...there were Pros, but no Premium. Transformers had Pro, LE, and Autobot/Decepticon Editions...no Premium. AC/DC was the first to offer a Premium with all the LE features. X-Men had Pro/LE, and no Prem as well.

#17309 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There were more. Avatar LE & Rolling Stones LE...there were Pros, but no Premium. Transformers had Pro, LE, and Autobot/Decepticon Editions...no Premium. AC/DC was the first to offer a Premium with all the LE features.

ELVIS had no premium.

#17310 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ELVIS had no premium.

Elvis was the same game with Gold Trim. Avatar was the first LE to have new & different features.

#17311 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As a 30 something, a lot of people are marrying later in life, having kids later too so they have some more fun money to spend. That wasn't me but I'm also old school. Damn millennials! Haha

You are correct, I know some people whose kids are graduating high school and they are collecting Social Security.

#17312 2 years ago

No teaser today, i guess that means less likely to be revealed on May 4. Maybe May 11 after all.

#17313 2 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

No teaser today, i guess that means less likely to be revealed on May 4. Maybe May 11 after all.

Rumor I thought was teaser on the 4th?

#17314 2 years ago

Hmm 4,11 as in 411... information. Phone books have information in them, is this another clue ?!

918A164C-1F5A-454B-B153-6A3B85C53C4B (resized).png918A164C-1F5A-454B-B153-6A3B85C53C4B (resized).png
#17315 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

TBH I think Dwight did a great job with the TMNT code. I will take him over Lonnie any day . TMNT is one of the best coded off all the game I have owned. 1.2.3 foot tends to get in the way a little but thats my only gripe, rest is solid. Lots of good modes, various side objectives. Well done!

Umm but then you look at Munsters Coding? No thanks - And how effin long it took GhostBusters for Dwight!
Neither of the 2 for me now..

#17316 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Umm but then you look at Munsters Coding? No thanks - And how effin long it took GhostBusters for Dwight!

Lol yeah true.

Here's a couple pics from the Where's the Code GB thread I created some years back. It was nearly a 3 year wait for Ghostbusters code...Also it was world wide news when it finally dropped lol.

f6287e03a53e06901a0b56a25e480afcb31c4b66 (resized).pngf6287e03a53e06901a0b56a25e480afcb31c4b66 (resized).png
0fb584c481471c42e6b2a9ab0c62f671bf39002c (resized).jpg0fb584c481471c42e6b2a9ab0c62f671bf39002c (resized).jpg

#17317 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Please...I had $50k worth of pins at age 35, and so did a few of my freinds.

It's very, VERY easy to do once you're bitten by silverball mania. I've often said that your ideal pinball collection is your current collection plus one. At some point you become the storage unit pinball guy or you go into rehab and get a handle on the addiction.

#17318 2 years ago

Think outside the box you guys and go get Haggis Mermaid before they are gone!

Dang relive the 80's already.

We already have newer titles so go go go get your Fathom before it's to late.

FYI
I have many Stern and JJP machines

#17319 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Think outside the box you guys and go get Haggis Mermaid before they are gone!
Dang relive the 80's already.
We already have newer titles so go go go get your Fathom before it's to late.
FYI
I have many Stern and JJP machines

That price tag though....ouch
Not enough game for my money.
When my SS games started fetching over 4k(cdn), i started to look at them as 2xSS= 1 NIB Stern pro and while I personally really love SS games, im the only one in the house who actually plays them.

#17320 2 years ago

-Sold my SoF and Black Knight. Paid for 70% of an Avengers premium
-Sold my Skateball. Paid for 52% of a Deadpool pro

Its just hard to justify a 4k game if its not getting enough play time.

#17321 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

That is great news! Does this mean you will take your moaning and complaining elsewhere,?

#17322 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol yeah true.
Here's a couple pics from the Where's the Code GB thread I created some years back. It was nearly a 3 year wait for Ghostbusters code...Also it was world wide news when it finally dropped lol.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

2018 called and wants its complaining back. Games these days all come with well cooked code... and if they dont it always matures. Its the nature of the current market. Case in point Elvira. Munsters is shallow... shallow doesn't mean bad.

#17323 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's very, VERY easy to do once you're bitten by silverball mania. I've often said that your ideal pinball collection is your current collection plus one. At some point you become the storage unit pinball guy or you go into rehab and get a handle on the addiction.

does rehab have pinball?

#17324 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

does rehab have pinball?

Sure. My personal rehab rule is no more than 2 pins at once. I had up to 15 at one point. All perfectly restored by me. Whittling that down was REALLY hard when I got down to the last 4 or 5 of "my babies." Now it's not that hard anymore, and I always have enough pinball to play.

#17325 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure. My personal rehab rule is no more than 2 pins at once. I had up to 15 at one point. All perfectly restored by me. Whittling that down was REALLY hard when I got down to the last 4 or 5 of "my babies." Now it's not that hard anymore, and I always have enough pinball to play.

I think I was up to 36 at my nuttiest. I wish I had the ability to cull more. One day....I’m not there yet.

#17326 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think I was up to 36 at my nuttiest. I wish I had the ability to cull more. One day....I’m not there yet.

I see you.

Basically at 15 pins I was at the storage unit or friend's houses storage overflow crossroads. I've seen what's down the storage unit road and my thinking was if I wasn't playing them, why even have them? So I chose rehab and started culling. The first 5 were pretty easy. Next five were hard and the last 5 were agony. But now that I'm used to pin rotation, I just tell myself if a pin is really good, I'll have it again. And for some I have. Plus if I'm not buying NIB, I usually buy fixer-uppers and send them out better than they came to me, and that's good for pinball, too.

And the 15 doesn't even count the warehouse loads I had temporarily for weeks or months occasionally until I sold the pins off. I've had 40 or 50 in my garage sometimes while I cataloged, repaired, and sold them.

#17327 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good to know about the modes and side games. I was really impressed how loaded the game appeared while playing it. It felt as loaded of a game as Creature or a number of other 90's Bally Williams pins. If I don't end up with a Mando I can see picking up a TMNT Premium.

Are you sure you understand what a good pinball layout is all about? Does loaded mean lots of plastic to you? Pinball design 101 informs us that a good layout is not loaded with tons of plastic that hides the ball and is open enough to have good flow for shots to flow for combos. Do you get that??? Loaded with ball interactive mechs can be good if the mechs don’t interrupt the flow and allow for good shots being made off the flippers. Do you comprehend this part of good table design my friend? Maybe that is what is challenging for decisions on what to buy...TMNT is a great flowing table, with flowing combos and qualifies as being loaded with ball interactive mechs. Sure Mando will be the same.

#17328 2 years ago

Just played mando vr.... great game. Some nice assets i hope transfer over to the stern game. Also has Cara Dune on it which is nice to see so its a good bet she is on the stern release also.

#17329 2 years ago

Per K, mando will have magnets and a green baby

#17330 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Per K, mando will have magnets and a green baby

Any eggs involved.?

#17331 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At one point I squeezed 7 games into a one bedroom bungalow. Four in the kitchen, one in the living room and two in the bedroom.
We can all get a little carried away sometimes.

#17332 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Rumor I thought was teaser on the 4th?

Lots of rumors. Just pointing out the last few releases had Friday teasers and Tuesday reveals. If that pattern continues, it points to no reveal Tuesday. May 4th tease and May 11th tease seems, unlikely. I don't think Stern has ever had us wait a week after a teaser, but they enjoy trolling us more and more, so maybe.

#17333 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Pinball design 101 informs us that a good layout is not loaded with tons of plastic that hides the ball and is open enough to have good flow for shots to flow for combos

There is no universal "good layout."

#17334 2 years ago

Lots of rumors. Just pointing out the last few releases had Friday teasers and Tuesday reveals. If that pattern continues, it points to no reveal Tuesday. May 4th tease and May 11th tease seems, unlikely. I don't think Stern has ever had us wait a week after a teaser, but they enjoy trolling us more and more, so maybe.

Stern loves to keep Pinside on the edge of our seats. I can't wait to see the reveal!!

#17335 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Are you sure you understand what a good pinball layout is all about? Does loaded mean lots of plastic to you? Pinball design 101 informs us that a good layout is not loaded with tons of plastic that hides the ball and is open enough to have good flow for shots to flow for combos. Do you get that??? Loaded with ball interactive mechs can be good if the mechs don’t interrupt the flow and allow for good shots being made off the flippers. Do you comprehend this part of good table design my friend? Maybe that is what is challenging for decisions on what to buy...TMNT is a great flowing table, with flowing combos and qualifies as being loaded with ball interactive mechs. Sure Mando will be the same.

The way you post makes me think you have never played a pinball machine before. Just bizarre.

Guess what, nearly every modern pinball machine has mechs that stop the ball briefly. That's normal. Pinball is more then just ramps and orbits. Flow can become overrated when it means minimal mechs on games that now cost $6k - $9k+. This is one of the reasons many have hammered on Star Wars pro and LZ pro.

Oh, please let me know the name of your Pinball Design 101 book so I never buy it lol. Here's the front cover for you, sounds like your perfect pin. Send $8k and I'll build you one, it's a flow monster.

whitewood (resized).jpgwhitewood (resized).jpg

#17336 2 years ago

2 best themse for pins not out there yet.

Goonies

The Princess Bride.

News of it being Mando is really exciting tho! Maybe they will make a star wars theme that kicks ass!

#17337 2 years ago

If it’s Mandalorian I hope Helicon Brewery gets one of the first off the line (since they always seem to get first dibs on all new games).
I love the show and put it up there with the original trilogy (and Rouge One). If it’s good, I’m totally in on a pro.

#17338 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Overpriced because one sold for some insane money but it happened. Not sure it will hold, we'll see if it cools down or not. Supply and Demand and when it comes down to Tron...period. It was the one title Stern did not make a premium for.

Not true. They didn’t make premiums for X-Men either. And others.

#17339 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

If it’s Mandalorian I hope Helicon Brewery gets one of the first off the line (since they always seem to get first dibs on all new games).
I love the show and put it up there with the original trilogy (and Rouge One). If it’s good, I’m totally in on a pro.

Rogue one is one of the best star wars movies of them all. I dig Solo also but I know I'm in the minority on that. Rogue one is easily one of the tops in the franchise tho!

#17340 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

2 best themse for pins not out there yet.
Goonies
The Princess Bride.
News of it being Mando is really exciting tho! Maybe they will make a star wars theme that kicks ass!

you really need to include Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice and Beeetlejuice !

#17341 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Rogue one is one of the best star wars movies of them all. I dig Solo also but I know I'm in the minority on that. Rogue one is easily one of the tops in the franchise tho!

Im a star wars nut and totally agree. Rogue One is awesome. Really wish the new trilogy followed more of the Timothy Zahn novels story(mara jade!) but they waited too long and everyone got old. Force Awakens was ok, last jedi was meh, but the last one ruined the whole damn thing..... Hope new trilogies just forget about these characters/skywalkers and we get new stuff

#17342 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im a star wars nut

Yes but do you have this Star Wars NUT

BRffmtRCUAANTzu (resized).jpgBRffmtRCUAANTzu (resized).jpg
#17343 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

The US has a very large amount of well paid 30 somethings in tech that are not rushing into families and looking for homes/hobbies.

As well as trust fund babies. None will admit it though. Age 31, with 31 pins. Ok sure lol.

#17344 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Yes but do you have this Star Wars NUT [quoted image]

Nut? Looks Chewie!? Thank you I’m here all night!

#17345 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh, please let me know the name of your Pinball Design 101 book so I never buy it lol. Here's the front cover for you, sounds like your perfect pin. Send $8k and I'll build you one, it's a flow monster.
[quoted image]

Lol, like the cover. Good one for you.

Name of the book is, “Stop N Go by P. The Freak - Pinball Design .86” Noticed it is written with big block letters, in a very easy to understand format. It’s a three minute read I see.

Next Stern pin to be announced soon...so stay tune.

#17346 2 years ago

All throughout the galaxy everyone seems to want BACK TO THE FUTURE!

Empire-Strikes-Back-To-The-Future-Mashup-Mark (resized).jpgEmpire-Strikes-Back-To-The-Future-Mashup-Mark (resized).jpg
#17347 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

As well as trust fund babies. None will admit it though. Age 31, with 31 pins. Ok sure lol.

No trust fund here my guy. Built my business myself. Sorry if that triggers you.

#17348 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im a star wars nut and totally agree. Rogue One is awesome.

I’m probably gonna get lit up by people but I personally put Rouge One up there with Empire.
It has some weak moments but in total it is a fantastic movie.

#17349 2 years ago

Speak for yourself, I can remember a time in my twenties where I had to live off of little mini hotdogs for a month that I got for free from a gig. No one handed me shit. I hustled my ass off to be able to buy a home and pins etc.

Quoted from Roostking:

#17350 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I’m probably gonna get lit up by people but I personally put Rouge One up there with Empire.
It has some weak moments but in total it is a fantastic movie.

Agreed the best “spin off “ movie by far . Better than some of the main stories as well .

Believe it or not the Mandalorian series may be my favorite of all though .. it’s so well done .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,823 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/347?hl=mikedenton49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.