enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 923.
#17251 2 years ago

Excuse us if we don’t appreciate generational classism.

Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I like all the 30 somethings getting all defensive that people think they cant afford pricy toys. pretty funny
"we can make expensive purchases of stupid shit just as much as you old guys."
congrats.

#17252 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

What if all the rumors were about this table?! Is there a ship/ramp thing that was talked about?

Want to circle back to this because I would be hilariously into this theory. Would be some next-level trolling by Stern if they were somehow leaking Zen tables as their next release.

#17253 2 years ago

I like all the 30 somethings getting all defensive that people think they cant afford pricy toys. pretty funny
"we can make expensive purchases of stupid shit just as much as you old guys."
congrats.

I don’t think it’s defensive, it’s reality. There are tons of professionals without kids. I just turned 30, and had multiple (10+) friends that had by 27 had at least one new LE (within last 5 years), and the average had 3 pins.

Dual incomes (especially if professionals) can afford to buy a lot of things these days. Does that mean it’s the wealthiest group, no. But if you target that audience, they have the money to buy.

Arcades are packed with 20 and 30 year olds playing pinball and drinking beer every weekend. Some can’t or won’t ever buy their own machine. But with exposure, that age is learning about them and asking “How do I get one?”

#17254 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Want to circle back to this because I would be hilariously into this theory. Would be some next-level trolling by Stern if they were somehow leaking Zen tables as their next release.

Kaneda claims it's not - unless his source was intentionally stringing him along. A surprise HP release would get an instant green light from the Mrs though....

#17255 2 years ago

As a 30 something, a lot of people are marrying later in life, having kids later too so they have some more fun money to spend. That wasn't me but I'm also old school. Damn millennials! Haha

#17256 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Dinks
Double Income No Kids
@ Bmanpin - Posted same time - you beat me to it.

Well you learn something new everyday. DINKS LOL. I would like to say I started collecting pinball games in my late 20s. I was a guy who would by them broken fix them play them until I was bored with them and sell them. Now I have a basement full of new games because I sold off all of my games that I had for 25 years or so. At this point Twilight Zone is the only 25 year old game I have left. Paid 600 dollars broken for it and that was the norm for that type of game back then. Now I 51 years old and have kids so they come first but I am glad I started early with my pinball games as I don't think I could afford it if I didn't have a collection already. Anyway looking forward to Godzilla and I hope it's not the next game as I just got Led Zeppelin dream theme for me. As far as JJP I hope they make a game I like to play some day. I haven't played GNR so would like to get my hands on that one.

#17257 2 years ago

My wifes one brother and his wifs are Dinks - no offense to anybody.... Actually he just retired so I guess they are not Dinks any more.

Guess they are Oinks now. One income No kids.

#17258 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Look around at how many people (20s, 30s, 40s, etc.) have new cars that cost $30-40k+. That is disposable income to me and I see it every time I am on the road, anywhere. People have different priorities and find ways to purchase what they want.
I’m not that young, but would love to see themes catered toward the younger generations. Pinball isn’t all about me, and what I want. A broader appeal makes the hobby that much better, imo.

I bet a vast majority of those people having new cars that cost $30k - $40k+ do so on payments, they are in debt. Looking rich is easy today, it's called fake rich which means having a lot of debt, just take out a loan or charge it! Is it disposable income? Partially but that's just to afford the car payments, very few people can actually afford to pay in cash for a $30k - $40k+ car. When I see expensive cars on the road I see car payments lol. Many of those same people with the $30k - $50k car loans also have huge 30 year mortgages and are saving little towards retirement. Now that's normal sadly.

#17259 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Nah, one has nothing to do with the other. Zen has been doing their own Marvel, Star Wars, Alien etc video game pins for quite some time. They get the licenses and do their own thing with it...there's no crossover with physical pinball manufacturers. Stern's doing their own Mando.

#17260 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

There is a reason JJP located a post right in the middle of the 2 flippers on WOZ, because of shot geometry problems. How many other companies have you seen do that, place a post in the middle of the 2 flippers? Answer: none.

Wow. You really were born yesterday weren’t ya? Noob.

#17261 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

It’s not a few people, many have struggles with JJP games losing the ball and wide body ball meandering problems. The narrow bodies are somewhat better, but still have ball loss. Where does the ball go on the left side of Dialed In for example? You have to listen for the trap door to open, because you can’t see it. I don’t hate JJP at all, so its not a fair assessment as I’ve purchased and enjoyed to some degree, even with all the maintence issues, some of their machines, even though they don’t shoot that well. As light boxes, they can’t be beat. Have played the heck out of WOZ to know the shot geometry has problems. There is a reason JJP located a post right in the middle of the 2 flippers on WOZ, because of shot geometry problems. How many other companies have you seen do that, place a post in the middle of the 2 flippers? Answer: none.
Are you really going to buy Mando PanzerFreak with your hate for most all Stern tables and Stern in general? Give in to the love and you’ll open your eyes to what others have to offer, hehehe.

Basically every manufacture has put a center post between the flippers at some point and especially if Joe Balcer worked on the machine. Not that i dont agree that WOZ(worst NIB for me ever by far) is not a good shooting flowing pin but the center post has zero to do with flawed design its a Balcer trademark like video modes is a Dwight Sullivan thing anymore.

#17262 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, one has nothing to do with the other. Zen has been doing their own Marvel, Star Wars, Alien etc video game pins for quite some time. They get the licenses and do their own thing with it...there's no crossover with physical pinball manufacturers. Stern's doing their own Mando.

No I understand that they are separate and have seen a ton of the Zen tables. Mostly thought it would be funny if Stern was leaking stuff they knew from Zen somehow as a smokescreen.

This is also my way of saying that, while I am sure a Stern Mando could be fun, I am hoping for other themes. So I am hopeful it is all a smokescreen even if it is likely not.

#17263 2 years ago

If you ask any operator who’s paying their bills it’s twenty somethings and thirty somethings. 80% of my customers at my arcade bar are under 40. Thirty somethings may not be the heart of the industry but they are where the growth is coming from. It’s why smart pinball is trying to capture a wide range of people with theme choices.

#17264 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

There is a reason JJP located a post right in the middle of the 2 flippers on WOZ, because of shot geometry problems. How many other companies have you seen do that, place a post in the middle of the 2 flippers? Answer: none.

So you are saying you don't know anything about pinball machines?

19250943_4 (resized).jpg19250943_4 (resized).jpgcenter post (resized).jpgcenter post (resized).jpg
#17265 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So you are saying you don't know anything about pinball machines?[quoted image][quoted image]

It is making me ill looking at that Spiderman. Please put some novus on that thing asap.

#17266 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So you are saying you don't know anything about pinball machines?[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't waste your time, the more you argue with him the more your head will hurt lol.

#17267 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I didn't know the Mount St. Helens Arcade had a Spider-Man.

#17268 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Excuse us if we don’t appreciate generational classism.

You guys have a name for everything now...

I am so sorry you feel so oppressed.

#17269 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

If ask any operator who’s paying their bills it’s twenty somethings and thirty somethings. 80% of my customers at my arcade bar are under 40.

Well yah.. who else has time to hang out in bars?

If you are still hanging out in bars after 40 you need a 12 step program or to get a life.

#17270 2 years ago

How is it possible that there are so many mopey people in a hobby built around fun? Absolutely mindblowing.

#17271 2 years ago

It’s not my fault you have a poor understanding of your own language. Troglodyte.

You guys have a name for everything now...
I am so sorry you feel so oppressed.

#17272 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

How is it possible that there are so many mopey people in a hobby built around fun? Absolutely mindblowing.

Isn’t every hobby like that? The olds hate the newbs, everyone thinks they have the “right way to hobby” & everyone judges everyone.

#17273 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

It is making me ill looking at that Spiderman. Please put some novus on that thing asap.

I'm pretty sure Venom was playing that spidey and simply left some of his slurm behind.

spideyVenom.gifspideyVenom.gif
#17274 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

IMO TMNT also does a really nice job with moments and modes and I think you can see the common thread there.
I don't have a ton of experience with Dwight-coded pins (never played Munsters and very very little time on Star Wars) but GB and TMNT are both in our home and have a great combo of moments, depth, and theme immersion that keep us coming back for more.

Dwight can be GREAT. Game of Thrones is one of my favorite pins. Love his code on that, and it's stood the test of time. TMNT is also good, although I didn't really spend enough time with it to really explore all its nooks and crannies.

We don't talk about Munsters, though. Too depressing. Talk about throwing a theme away.

#17275 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dwight can be GREAT. Game of Thrones is one of my favorite pins. Love his code on that, and it's stood the test of time. TMNT is also good, although I didn't really spend enough time with it to really explore all its nooks and crannies.
We don't talk about Munsters, though. Too depressing. Talk about throwing a theme away.

I only have 3 machines and I love my GOT.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17276 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Isn’t every hobby like that? The olds hate the newbs, everyone thinks they have the “right way to hobby” & everyone judges everyone.

That's how you know it's popular!

Cash has no gentrification issues. Sat mornings used to target children for a reason. If anything, I'd think the older folks in this hobby tend to accumulate the machines they grew up with over newer machines. But what do I know? I'm just some random guy on the interweb!

#17277 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Elwin's first two games didn't have Raymond's help. I agree that the AIQ complexities make the game not as approachable. So for me the jury is out on how much value Raymond adds for great code. He is new, but the first effort is too robotic for me. The code needs fun and soul.
I feel stronger about Tim Sexton's first two games. Timmy is a great kid and an outstanding player, but for me BKSOR and LZ are lacking something major. Great code is about creating moments, building up to something. The choreography and timing of how everything presents itself to the player is a huge part of the overall package. Hopefully he gets better at that, but for me he is 0-2 so far.

Having owned both games I can agree on BKSOR, though it had great lighting effects and video animations. On the other hand LZ has really good software and rules. Also, LZ has received very timely updates and is already at a nice mature 1.02 revision. I really like the game rules and especially the new Electric Magic Frenzy. Its one of the coolest multiballs I have seen or heard!

#17278 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Guess they are Oinks now. One income No kids.

Stealing that

#17280 2 years ago

I really don't understand why Stern insists on shipping their machines before the software is finished. It seems like it just hurts them in the long run.

It just gives a machine a bad first impression that then has to be slowly overcome as eventually the software improves. Sure, sometimes the machine gets enough updates to eventually be good (like supposedly TWD did - I can't say, I only played it early on), but others (like Munsters) don't.

Not only that, but often machines on location never get updated, so all the casual players ever see is the "bad" code. The BM66 that was on location near me still had the original code that it shipped with (no minor villain modes). Very annoying.

And it's not like they are saving money this way...they still have the coders spending their time on the game, they are just doing it after shipping instead of before.

#17281 2 years ago

Back on to the next Stern Title. How many flippers will this Mando have?

#17282 2 years ago

Ok guys. Sorry, i have just realised that i was not living in the US!

An LE game is around 11k euros then over 13kUSD, maybe another reason why these machines are bought by 40 years old group or more here

#17283 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I really don't understand why Stern insists on shipping their machines before the software is finished. It seems like it just hurts them in the long run.

Because they can. Older games had chips that needed to be burned with code updates...more difficult, so people & ops didn't do it much. It became much easier when you could download and update with a USB stick or SD card. At the end of the day, they're running a manufacturing factory...it has to keep churning. If they stop because the code needs more time, that's a factory fail. The ability to update later means they can keep the factory building/shipping & catch up finishing the game later.

Not saying I like it...it puts the customer in the position of spending a lot of money on an unfinished/untested machine, becoming a beta tester...but this is the reason.

#17284 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

When I see a game that looks like that I think of all the fun people must have had playing it which is what caused that filth. My second thought is why is the owner so lazy that they don’t invest a little time in cleaning it up here and there and as a result keeping the resale value of the game up.

#17285 2 years ago

Glad I'm a Dink. More pins for me.

#17286 2 years ago

I’m 31 I have just as many pinball machines and if you don’t like it you can suck my DINK!!!

.... did I do it? Can we stop talking about who makes what money, how, and whether or not they use that money to buy pinball, and and how any of that correlates to how old they are?

Let’s get back to hoping Kaneda got trolled by Stern.... again.

#17287 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

It’s actually making me want a Spider Man.

#17288 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Ok guys. Sorry, i have just realised that i was not living in the US!
An LE game is around 11k euros then over 13kUSD, maybe another reason why these machines are bought by 40 years old group or more here

The US has a very large amount of well paid 30 somethings in tech that are not rushing into families and looking for homes/hobbies.

#17289 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

When I see a route pin like that Spiderman (or worse) with gunky rubber mess all over the playfield, it's like hitting the jackpot because that debris has protected the playfield, and when it's cleaned off the playfield will look fantastic. So I always buy them, and you should, too.

#17290 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

The US has a very large amount of well paid 30 somethings in tech that are not rushing into families and looking for homes/hobbies.

You're talking about incel wealth, I think.

#17291 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When I see a route pin like that Spiderman (or worse) with gunky rubber mess all over the playfield, it's like hitting the jackpot because that debris has protected the playfield, and when it's cleaned off the playfield will look fantastic. So I always buy them, and you should, too.

Yup, I bought an Elvis & Monster Bash with pitch black play fields...cleaned up beautifully.

#17292 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The ability to update later means they can keep the factory building/shipping & catch up finishing the game later.
Not saying I like it...it puts the customer in the position of spending a lot of money on an unfinished/untested machine, becoming a beta tester...but this is the reason.

It also gives them a chance to incorporate feedback from ops and owners, e.g. adding “I...Am...Groot!” to Guardians. But yeah, if your game is orphaned by Stern you’re boned. To be fair, they’ve done that a lot less in the last few years, mainly because they grew the software team.

#17293 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're talking about incel wealth, I think.

TIL I am an incel, my wife is going to be pissed.

#17294 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't waste your time, the more you argue with him the more your head will hurt lol.

Reminds me of a certain Stern fanboy always trolling same threads.

#17295 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Copy that.

Big income is not enough, this young age group must love pinball too. US have both, a young population who loves pinball and means to buy them.

#17296 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Back on to the next Stern Title. How many flippers will this Mando have?

Probably 20% of the LE buyers.

Oh wait wrong flipper

#17297 2 years ago

Topper

43C5303A-60D5-4DD4-9078-12AA852EFDAD (resized).jpeg43C5303A-60D5-4DD4-9078-12AA852EFDAD (resized).jpeg
#17298 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

TIL I am an incel, my wife is going to be pissed.

I thought you were going to say the extremely rare double incel.

Just imagine the size of the pin collection.

#17299 2 years ago

$2500, price checks out.

#17300 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Topper
[quoted image]

that's about what topper goes for these days lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Euless, TX
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/346 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.