51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 941.
#17051 2 years ago

(This was not the person’s quote I was commenting on. Glitch in pinside system caused an error it appears.)

#17052 2 years ago

I have no idea how you quoted me as saying that since I never owned a JJP up to this point. Also, I never made that statement.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17053 2 years ago

Still no solid news…boring

#17054 2 years ago

Yeah but Thunderbird keeps talking. So that’s fun...

#17055 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:We are in a Stern thread discussing Sterns next title. People are comparing and have been comparing what Stern makes, with GNR and Pinside moderates my post as trolling!!! Lol, wow!
(I’ll write this differently then so it can’t be compared somehow cross posting or trolling. Ridiculous!)
When I was first introduced to pinball I was told Stern makes pinball machines for real pinball players and enthusiasts like Bally/Williams did, because the Bally/Williams team had most all gone over to Stern, after B/W went out of business. Which is true.
JJP began as a tiny competing company, which they still are, after nearly going out of business 3 times, if it wasn’t for the bailouts of the Abbot family, new owners now. So after trying to run 2 separate double the costs operations JJP wisely combined and located near Stern. This all costs incredible amounts of money to accomplish and is passed on to us the consumer of JJP in the form of very high prices on their products. It certainly is not because of high BOM costs. LEDs are very cheap. Plastics are very cheap as well. Both Stern and JJP overcharge for their product, but of the 2 Sterns is $4k to $7k cheaper with not much more in any 3 level JJP than any 3 level Stern. They do have more, but not this next level “raised the bar” claimed by JJP fanboys. And shot wise, put any modern day Stern against the only 6 JJP has made in over a dozen years and one quickly realizes, shots are not so good compared to a Borg, Richie, Gomez, Elwin or Eddy layout. Pat does some good shooting layouts, but his 2 efforts with JJP are not his best, because the ball gets lost much of the time on both layouts and has issues. Eric’s 2 efforts look good, but don’t shoot all that well. Ball meanders all over the place on POTC, gets lost and does not flow all that well on GNR, but he’s still learning with so little experience under his belt compared to all the other designers mentioned above that have been making great pinball designs many years before he was even born.
If we are being realists, a Stern outperforms and shoots better than any JJP, simply because Stern makes machines for the actual sport of pinball and real pinball enthusiasts. Whereas JJP makes pinball for collectors that like a lot of lights, plastic and don’t mind that all that plastic hides the ball a great deal of the time. Collectors have a different idea on pinball and like the look more than the actual gameplay. So that is my reasons of why I’m glad Stern is making these next big titles, like Mando, Godzilla, BTTF and not any of the small way less experienced companies like JJP.

LMFAO!

#17056 2 years ago

Just testing if this is how Thunderbird misrepresented you. The old server would not allow this

EDIT: WELL THATS A MAJOR FLAW IN THE SYSTEM

#17057 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This a thousand times about JJP games. Well stated JJP games are clunkers and what I’ve purchased have been Maintence nightmares as well.

In the end I fixed everything on the WOZ and got it running rock solid. Though I never liked the game, it is truly beloved in its new home. My friend's daughters and grand daughters all play the heck out of it and it is their favorite pinball machine. Different strokes is what it is all about. We all have different tastes and fortunately there are games that are appealing to all of us at this point. If people love WOZ then more power to them, just don't act like I am being fooled somehow into liking Star Wars or WPT or Stranger Things. I like them because I like them and they are good shooting and challenging games. I also love the old Bally SS games and have a bunch of EMs in my collection that I love.

#17058 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

In the end I fixed everything on the WOZ and got it running rock solid. Though I never liked the game, it is truly beloved in its new home. My friend's daughters and grand daughters all play the heck out of it and it is their favorite pinball machine. Different strokes is what it is all about. We all have different tastes and fortunately there are games that are appealing to all of us at this point. If people love WOZ then more power to them, just don't act like I am being fooled somehow into liking Star Wars or WPT or Stranger Things. I like them because I like them and they are good shooting and challenging games. I also love the old Bally SS games and have a bunch of EMs in my collection that I love.

We disagree a ton but I'm glad there's options for everyone like you said. I really enjoy my Ghostbusters Premium and would be happy to add another Stern to my collection which is why I'm on a list for a Mando LE.

#17059 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I have no idea how you quoted me as saying that since I never owned a JJP up to this point. Also, I never made that statement.[quoted image]

Just clicked on what I thought was your comments, didn’t change a thing or add any quote. Assumed it was your quote, can only think then it was a glitch on pinside’s system.

#17060 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Not only was it a maintenance headache and nightmare, like you said, the game was a clunker. It was beautiful to look at but I rarely had the urge to turn it on and play it.

Okay, it was this quote I agreed fully with and somehow glitched from another persons comments: I said: This a thousand times about JJP games. Well stated JJP games are clunkers and what I’ve purchased have been Maintence nightmares as well.

#17061 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Okay, it was this quote I agreed fully with and somehow glitched from another persons comments: I said: This a thousand times about JJP games. Well stated JJP games are clunkers and what I’ve purchased have been Maintence nightmares as well.

Stop repeating your same garbage comments over and over again, it's old. This one thousand times lol.

#17062 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stop repeating your same garbage comments over and over again, it's old.

JJP fanboy garbage in Stern threads repeated by you the king of JJP fan club over and over again calling me out??? Lol Stop your nonsense and go back to trolling elsewhere. We’ve heard enough of you over and over bashing Stern, it gets real old buddy. You are constantly in fights with people all over pinside. When is enough enough??? What you constantly do gets even older. We get it, you hate Stern, but pretend to like or pretend to order a game here or there. I don’t go into JJP threads and bash like you do in Stern threads. Stick to your chosen corner.

#17063 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

JJP fanboy garbage in Stern threads repeated by you the king of JJP fan club over and over again calling me out??? Lol Stop your nonsense and go back to trolling elsewhere. We’ve heard enough of you over and over bashing Stern, it gets real old buddy. You are constantly in fights with people all over pinside. When is enough enough??? What you constantly do gets even older. We get it, you hate Stern, but pretend to like or pretend to order a game here or there. I don’t go into JJP threads and bash like you do in Stern threads. Stick to your chosen corner.

You posted a 1,000 word rant against JJP that makes zero sense and now keep repeating it, please stop.

Also, I currently own two Stern pinball machines, have owned many in the past, and I'm on a list for a Mando LE. I don't hate Stern, far from it. Do I think their games are often overpriced for what you get? You bet and I'll always be critical of that at these insane prices, just as I've been critical for JJP raising GNR prices by $1k (which by the way we both agree on in that other thread). What you are now doing is attacking me, and spreading lies which isn't cool. I'm done, have fun arguing with yourself.

Let's get excited for Mando instead of arguing. Speaking of Mando I've contacted a few of the larger distributors and all have wait lists for LE's at this point... I'm sure some people will decide not to get the game and open up spots for others.

#17064 2 years ago

See thread eject coming....
It's just pinball

#17065 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You posted a 1,000 word rant against JJP that makes zero sense and now keep repeating it, please stop.
Also, I currently own two Stern pinball machines, have owned many in the past, and I'm on a list for a Mando LE. I don't hate Stern, far from it. Do I think their games are often overpriced for what you get? You bet and I'll always be critical of that at these insane prices, just as I've been critical for JJP raising GNR prices by $1k (which by the way we both agree on in that other thread). What you are now doing is attacking me, and spreading lies which isn't cool. I'm done, have fun arguing with yourself.
Let's get excited for Mando instead of arguing. Speaking of Mando I've contacted a few of the larger distributors and all have wait lists for LE's at this point... I'm sure some people will decide not to get the game and open up spots for others.

No attacks on you personally at all, just a discussion about likes and dislikes. I respect everyone’s opinion, even yours, when it stays on subject without name calling my opinion as “garbage” and such. I will go with that invitation to get Mando excited. Thanks.

#17066 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I will go with that invitation to get Mando excited. Thanks.

Wait...did you say Mando or Mongo??? I was hoping for a Blazing Saddles pin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17067 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next pin reveal due 28 April
Stern delivered a month early this time!
Math below.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 134 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 28 April.
My money is still on Godzilla based on the quoted post above AND the fact the new Godzilla movie is due out Early May.

Based off of Stern's previous release of pro/premium/le cornerstone pins, the next Stern pin would be announced today based off of 134 days between pin releases on average. The odds of the next Stern pin dropping in the next few weeks are EXTREMELY high. I am guessing a release no later than 15 May.

#17068 2 years ago

boot them both out

#17069 2 years ago

Based off of Stern's previous release of pro/premium/le cornerstone pins, the next Stern pin would be announced today based off of 134 days between pin releases on average. The odds of the next Stern pin dropping in the next few weeks are EXTREMELY high. I am guessing a release no later than 15 May.

Rumor is May 11th

#17070 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

In the end I fixed everything on the WOZ and got it running rock solid. Though I never liked the game,

I tried to love my WOZ also because it was my only NIB game. I even bought a new PF for it after the ink chipped off the original. I just couldnt get into it no matter how hard I tried.

#17071 2 years ago

My guess is announcement will be on May the 4th since that's "Star Wars Day"

#17072 2 years ago
Quoted from kumanaga:

My guess is announcement will be on May the 4th since that's "Star Wars Day"

Sorry. That means nothing to Stern.

#17073 2 years ago

I think gameroom goodies might have some LE’s available for preorder. The distributor is a really good guy.

https://www.gameroom-goodies.com/

#17074 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I tried to love my WOZ also because it was my only NIB game. I even bought a new PF for it after the ink chipped off the original. I just couldnt get into it no matter how hard I tried.

Did you try making sweet passionate love to a man? According to many on Pinside, this was the fundamental key to unlocking the joy of WOZ!

#17075 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did you try making sweet passionate love to a man? According to many on Pinside, this was the fundamental key to unlocking the joy of WOZ!

I tried, but Colsond3 rejected my advances.

#17076 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Pretty sure it’s really mando , and if so they def need to use the music from the show there are some great tracks in here .

Me:

On pinside they say, the next Stern will be another SW-Pin.
What do you think?
Too much SW the last years i would think.

My dog:

Our voting you know.

Unbenannt (resized).PNGUnbenannt (resized).PNG
#17077 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I have no idea how you quoted me as saying that since I never owned a JJP up to this point. Also, I never made that statement.[quoted image]

uh huh, right.

hater

#17078 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The WoZ code didn't really get good until somewhere in the 5.xx range, which came many years after release (remember "shoot the castle. shoot the castle. shoot the castle." callout playing WAY too much?). Over the rainbow's kind of meh for the work it takes to get there, but other than that, the current code is really good as long as you're ok with the stop and go play.

#17079 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This thinly-veiled recruiting post is in the wrong thread.

#17080 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This thinly-veiled recruiting post is in the wrong thread.

My bad, where's the "I want to get it on with zr11990" thread?

#17081 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, I actually did not and the possibility of that happening is about 0.

#17082 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My bad, where's the "I want to get it on with zr11990" thread?

Why

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17083 2 years ago

I just hope its announced soon so people can stop listing dopey ones that wont get made in a million years.

#17084 2 years ago

So we can learn to love WOZ...together.

#17085 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

uh huh, right.
hater

Hadn't owned one to form an opinion, Einstein. Haha

#17086 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I just hope its announced soon so people can stop listing dopey ones that wont get made in a million years.

Unfortunately that will just briefly distract them until the next one approaches, and they cycle will continue.

#17087 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Its long gone

#17088 2 years ago

Just got a note from a buddy. He got a call from his distributor that their allotment for LEs was way down this time, and that it was "The Mandalorian".

Take it for what its worth.

#17089 2 years ago

I know.

This joke has run its course. Thank you for playing!

#17090 2 years ago

Just got a note from a buddy. He got a call from his distributor that their allotment for LEs was way down this time, and that it was "The Mandalorian".
Take it for what its worth.

I think its going to be a tough LE to grab. I'm on 4 wait lists for one...Then again, not everyone on the current lists will end up buying one so expect spots to open up.

#17091 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

You really haven’t been here very long have you? This thread picks right back up again about 5 minutes after Stern reveals the game. Because this thread is about Stern’s NEXT game. The dopeyness never ends.

#17092 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When Stern finally announces Broke Back, would you and ZR dress up like cowboys together at Expo?

#17093 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

When Stern finally announces Broke Back, would you and ZR dress up like cowboys together at Expo?

I mean, we do that together normally...so why not!

#17094 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean, we do that together normally...so why not!

Awwwwww! You two are ADORABLE!

#17095 2 years ago

Very sad if it is The mandalorian /
Would rather wait until a Better SW Show comes out .
Yes the Mando was great / Great episodes for sure with some great old SW throwbacks but what can this game code wise give you.
Save Baby/ Improve armor / Ship Battle / Transport Battle/ Tano Battle /Fett / ok i guess i can come up with a bunch of modes but but -
And in the Mando show i personally liked all the Bobafett scenes better ,the final scene with Luke .
Would Rather a Fett Game come out or see how Obiwan or another Sw series works out first.
Or maybe this is just the first in a long list of SW show pins going to be released in the future

#17096 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Or maybe this is just the first in a long list of SW show pins going to be released in the future

Oh no, I am absolutely sure that this will be the last Star Wars pin ever.

#17097 2 years ago

Bag on Sterns next release I'm going back in time to 1981 and buying Haggis Fathom Remake.

Should be a blast even though I've never played or seen one ever.

All in Haggis.

#17098 2 years ago

Has E.T. ever been mentioned?

#17099 2 years ago

why are some people still guessing when it has been already leaked what the title is?

It is Mandalorian.

#17100 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

why are some people still guessing when it has been already leaked what the title is?
It is Mandalorian.

no, Man...it's a Delorean.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/342?hl=linkboy74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.