Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 938.
#17001 2 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Stranger Things launched in 12/2019. Mandalorian launched in November 2019.

Stranger Things started 5 years ago in 2016

#17002 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s all it had, and it was kind of gross. One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

Agreed but a great book

#17003 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The book was WAY better. The movie was a travesty.
Do not bother with Armada. It's TERRIBLE.

Never even finished Armada

#17004 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Armada was a TERRIBLE retelling of Last Starfighter in the most clumsy, hamfisted way possible. All the action happens in the last couple chapters and the ending is a big fail copout. Do not bother. Firsthand warning.
I've heard that the sequel to Ready Player One is even WORSE, but I can't imagine it.

But the book at least made SENSE within its constructs. The movie was just plain dumb. Like having the VERY IMPORTANT quarter given to him for winning a "bet" he didn't even accept. It's essentially giving him a cheat for no work since he didn't earn the quarter, which is a key device in the book. Also, the typical hollywood "prettying up" of the female interest with the substantial facial problem that you barely notice in the movie - stupid. In the movie the IOI break-in makes no sense and is stupidly handled. That, and all the 80s references they just blew in favor of more modern product placements.
Hated it.

Ready Player Two has very few redeeming moments. I enjoyed the first book quite a bit too.

#17005 2 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

What about Ready Player One?
It has all of the 80s nostalgia.

please god no

#17006 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

With the Kentucky Derby coming up I was thinking about odds for the next Stern theme .Does this seem about right ? 1) Back to the Future 3/1. 2)Godzilla vs Kong 4/1. 3)Mortal Kombat 6/1. 4)Mandolorian. 7/1. 4)Jaws 8/1. 5)Harry Potter 10/1. 6)Girls Gone Wild 50/1. 7)Welk 80/1

I’ll take #7 and #2 if you meant TOHO Godzilla. Stern is not making kong vs zilla despite that being what we want to get. Also odds for Harry Potter should be 1/100.

#17007 2 years ago

Hope Stern has this in mind for 2022. GOT prequel just went into production.

C1A3915C-C604-484D-9358-3C391CC224E3 (resized).jpegC1A3915C-C604-484D-9358-3C391CC224E3 (resized).jpeg
#17008 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hope Stern has this in mind for 2022. GOT prequel just went into production.[quoted image]

After what they did with the original GOT series I hope no one watches it, and the fat man needs to get off his arse and finish the books.

#17009 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

After what they did with the original GOT series I hope no one watches it, and the fat man needs to get off his arse and finish the books.

you aren't kidding. season 7 was even worse than the Read Player One movie!

#17010 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Automatically going in on an Lawrence Welk LE

Imagine the possibilities! A bubble machine on top of the backbox à la Whirlwind's Fan, super long baton flippers, an accordion bash toy!

#17011 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So you are saying the license might be cheap?

#17012 2 years ago

Well, I’m 100% sure that you could do better. You, being one of the greatest writers and directors that the world has ever seen

Quoted from zr11990:

#17013 2 years ago

Rumored that the Mandalorian has an upper playfield with 6 drop targets. Big ship in the middle with a ramp that drops down for a shot or lock? Sounds interesting

#17014 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Rumored that the Mandalorian has an upper playfield with 6 drop targets. Big ship in the middle with a ramp that drops down for a shot or lock? Sounds interesting

Well, obviously you must mean Mandalorian Prem/LE... and the Pro will have like a flat plastic and a flasher bulb.

#17015 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Well, obviously you must mean Mandalorian Prem/LE... and the Pro will have like a flat plastic and a flasher bulb.

Ya, I don't doubt it LOL

I actually prefer a lot of pro models but if its similar to black knight (missing the upper playfield) thats a really a big change I wouldn’t like.

#17016 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Quoted from greenstreet:

you aren't kidding. season 7 was even worse than the Read Player One movie!

I'll say it again: I've watched the series front to back four or five times. It's awesome, and even better when you binge watch it. Stuff that didn't make sense in the early seasons make sense when you get to the "awful" last season. (I still loved it, though!)

#17017 2 years ago

This sounds like what the designer WANTS to put in the game. Once Gary wraps his lips around it he’ll suck away all the chrome.

Quoted from Wilberto757:

#17018 2 years ago

Since everyone here seems to be spouting their support for the same three or four themes, I thought Id weigh in and throw out a couple of fresh ideas.

Im a fairly new pinball owner, but have grown up playing pinball since I was little. Something I've noticed back then, and even moreso now is that a lot of these pins are superstars in the pop culture arena. Yes, it makes sense for pins like BTTF to be remade or Mandolorian to be done for the first time, but how about some other pop culture superstars?

1. Dungeons & Dragons - the titular tabletop rpg is really hot right now. With the new version of the game out for a couple of years now, I can see an awesome fantasy-themed pinball being a major hit with not only pinball enthusiasts, but D&D fans as well.

2. Scooby Doo - How has this not been made into a pinball machine yet?? Scooby Doo is easily one of the most iconic tv shows ever made. Shows and movies are still being made featuring Scoob and the gang. It is massively popular still and come on.. a Scooby Snacks multiball would be incredible.

I doubt itd be hard for Stern to get the liscencing for either of these.

#17019 2 years ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

2. Scooby Doo - How has this not been made into a pinball machine yet?? Scooby Doo is easily one of the most iconic tv shows ever made. Shows and movies are still being made featuring Scoob and the gang. It is massively popular still and come on.. a Scooby Snacks multiball would be incredible.
I doubt itd be hard for Stern to get the liscencing for either of these.

Spooky is making this

#17020 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Spooky is making this

Nope. False rumor.

#17021 2 years ago

Man Accordion = #7 sounds a lot like another title being mentioned as a favorite...

Good Wager. Welk at the Wire.

#17022 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:Well, obviously you must mean Mandalorian Prem/LE... and the Pro will have like a flat plastic and a flasher bulb.

Mando pro white wood. The flow is going to be off the charts with this one.

whitewood (resized).jpgwhitewood (resized).jpg

#17023 2 years ago

That's the premium model, the pro doesn't get those expensive in-lane guides.

#17024 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mando pro white wood. The flow is going to be off the charts with this one.
[quoted image]

I'm a little disappointed. I really like it when games have the dual in lanes, at least on one side.

#17025 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Man Accordion = #7 sounds a lot like another title being mentioned as a favorite...
Good Wager. Welk at the Wire.

Wait a sec, are you saying this is Weird Al????

I'm in on an LE if that is the case.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17026 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’ll take #7 and #2 if you meant TOHO Godzilla. Stern is not making kong vs zilla despite that being what we want to get. Also odds for Harry Potter should be 1/100.

TOHO Godzilla for sure but I still will get one if from the new movies for sure. If Harry Potter hasn’t happened yet I don’t see it ever happening. Especially since cancel culture cancelled J.K Rowling. Just my opinion of course.

#17027 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. False rumor.

I much prefer if it was Beetlejuice. Another one of those titles which should have been made already. Beetlejuice suits Spooky perfectly.

#17029 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

TOHO Godzilla for sure but I still will get one if from the new movies for sure. If Harry Potter hasn’t happened yet I don’t see it ever happening. Especially since cancel culture cancelled J.K Rowling. Just my opinion of course.

Relevant TWIP article for those with long memories.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-february-26th-2019/

44dc4fe3d0744675a0b758c54a888bc89856c01f (resized).png44dc4fe3d0744675a0b758c54a888bc89856c01f (resized).png
#17030 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Spooky is making this

I almost dropped my load when I heard this.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. False rumor.

Then blue balls. Such a missed opportunity for a great pin that would sell.

#17031 2 years ago

If it’s Mando and Brian Eddy, 6 drops on the upper playfield sounds similar to Shadow!

He kinda remade AFM for Stranger Things, so if he’s doing a rehash of Shadow, AWESOME!! One of my favourite games and layouts ever!

Hopefully the ramps have diverters on them so Grogu can use the force and change your ramp directions.

#17032 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Relevant TWIP article for those with long memories.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-february-26th-2019/
[quoted image]

Three years ago this was posted. I still don’t see HP happening. HP is past it’s sell by date. My opinion of course.

#17033 2 years ago

HP is past it’s sell by date.

And yet Batman 66 successfully exists. Also "its".

#17034 2 years ago

Three years ago this was posted. I still don’t see HP happening. HP is past it’s sell by date. My opinion of course.

Not so sure here.. There are quite a few HP fans out there, very many that grew up on it, and those are soon coming of age where they will have that disposable income to buy a pinball machine when wanting that nostalgia.. Not that it would not do great now too, but I think HP would do well if released now, or some point in the future.

#17035 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

And yet Batman 66 successfully exists. Also "its".

Also, Batman '66.

#17036 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, Batman '66.

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 1.10.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-27 at 1.10.12 PM (resized).png
#17037 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

AWOTM
[quoted image]

Selma! Get me out of here!!!!

#17038 2 years ago

TMNT diverter was a nightmare....

Quoted from J85M:

If it’s Mando and Brian Eddy, 6 drops on the upper playfield sounds similar to Shadow!
He kinda remade AFM for Stranger Things, so if he’s doing a rehash of Shadow, AWESOME!! One of my favourite games and layouts ever!
Hopefully the ramps have diverters on them so Grogu can use the force and change your ramp directions.

#17039 2 years ago

Quoting another wrong source doesn't make it correct. Here's the correct title on Stern's own website. You're welcome.
batman66 (resized).jpgbatman66 (resized).jpg

#17040 2 years ago

This time next week, we'll know. Warm or cold.

#17041 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Still unable to fathom why this has not been done ?

Agree

#17042 2 years ago

Did you have to use the word “fathom” in a Stern thread? That will just start more rumors !

#17043 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Still unable to fathom why this has not been done ?

#17045 2 years ago

We are in a Stern thread discussing Sterns next title. People are comparing and have been comparing what Stern makes, with GNR and Pinside moderates my post as trolling!!! Lol, wow!

(I’ll write this differently then so it can’t be compared somehow cross posting or trolling. Ridiculous!)

When I was first introduced to pinball I was told Stern makes pinball machines for real pinball players and enthusiasts like Bally/Williams did, because the Bally/Williams team had most all gone over to Stern, after B/W went out of business. Which is true.

JJP began as a tiny competing company, which they still are, after nearly going out of business 3 times, if it wasn’t for the bailouts of the Abbot family, new owners now. So after trying to run 2 separate double the costs operations JJP wisely combined and located near Stern. This all costs incredible amounts of money to accomplish and is passed on to us the consumer of JJP in the form of very high prices on their products. It certainly is not because of high BOM costs. LEDs are very cheap. Plastics are very cheap as well. Both Stern and JJP overcharge for their product, but of the 2 Sterns is $4k to $7k cheaper with not much more in any 3 level JJP than any 3 level Stern. They do have more, but not this next level “raised the bar” claimed by JJP fanboys. And shot wise, put any modern day Stern against the only 6 JJP has made in over a dozen years and one quickly realizes, shots are not so good compared to a Borg, Richie, Gomez, Elwin or Eddy layout. Pat does some good shooting layouts, but his 2 efforts with JJP are not his best, because the ball gets lost much of the time on both layouts and has issues. Eric’s 2 efforts look good, but don’t shoot all that well. Ball meanders all over the place on POTC, gets lost and does not flow all that well on GNR, but he’s still learning with so little experience under his belt compared to all the other designers mentioned above that have been making great pinball designs many years before he was even born.

If we are being realists, a Stern outperforms and shoots better than any JJP, simply because Stern makes machines for the actual sport of pinball and real pinball enthusiasts. Whereas JJP makes pinball for collectors that like a lot of lights, plastic and don’t mind that all that plastic hides the ball a great deal of the time. Collectors have a different idea on pinball and like the look more than the actual gameplay. So that is my reasons of why I’m glad Stern is making these next big titles, like Mando, Godzilla, BTTF and not any of the small way less experienced companies like JJP.

#17046 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We are in a Stern thread discussing Sterns next title. People are comparing and have been comparing what Stern makes, with GNR and Pinside moderates my post as trolling!!! Lol, wow!

Then why are you continuing the comparison? I stopped reading after this comment.

Someone else has a different opinion than you. So what? Just accept it and move past it.

#17047 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

(I’ll write this differently then so it can’t be compared somehow cross posting or trolling. Ridiculous!)
When I was first introduced to pinball I was told Stern makes pinball machines for real pinball players and enthusiasts like Bally/Williams did, because the Bally/Williams team had most all gone over to Stern, after B/W went out of business. Which is true.
JJP began as a tiny competing company, which they still are, after nearly going out of business 3 times, if it wasn’t for the bailouts of the Abbot family, new owners now. So after trying to run 2 separate double the costs operations JJP wisely combined and located near Stern. This all costs incredible amounts of money to accomplish and is passed on to us the consumer of JJP in the form of very high prices on their products. It certainly is not because of high BOM costs. LEDs are very cheap. Plastics are very cheap as well. Both Stern and JJP overcharge for their product, but of the 2 Sterns is $4k to $7k cheaper with not much more in any 3 level JJP than any 3 level Stern. They do have more, but not this next level “raised the bar” claimed by JJP fanboys. And shot wise, put any modern day Stern against the only 6 JJP has made in over a dozen years and one quickly realizes, shots are not so good compared to a Borg, Richie, Gomez, Elwin or Eddy layout. Pat does some good shooting layouts, but his 2 efforts with JJP are not his best, because the ball gets lost much of the time on both layouts and has issues. Eric’s 2 efforts look good, but don’t shoot all that well. Ball meanders all over the place on POTC, gets lost and does not flow all that well on GNR, but he’s still learning with so little experience under his belt compared to all the other designers mentioned above that have been making great pinball designs many years before he was even born.
If we are being realists, a Stern outperforms and shoots better than any JJP, simply because Stern makes machines for the actual sport of pinball and real pinball enthusiasts. Whereas JJP makes pinball for collectors that like a lot of lights, plastic and don’t mind that all that plastic hides the ball a great deal of the time. Collectors have a different idea on pinball and like the look more than the actual gameplay. So that is my reasons of why I’m glad Stern is making these next big titles, like Mando, Godzilla, BTTF and not any of the small way less experienced companies like JJP.

Blah blah blah. That tiny company kicked Sterns ass with their very first game, WOZ, made Sterns look like inferior overpriced products, and has been doing it with every release since

By the way, it was you who had a fit a few pages ago going off about JJP and now once again.

#17048 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

made Sterns look like inferior overpriced products

And there is the 800 pound gorilla that many just can't see. The word "look". WOZ is a great LOOKING game but it shoots like crap. What a clunker, not to mention the reliability and quality issues it had for the first few years... Worst NIB experience I have had by far.

#17049 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

And there is the 800 pound gorilla that many just can't see. The word "look". WOZ is a great LOOKING game but it shoots like crap. What a clunker, not to mention the reliability and quality issues it had for the first few years... Worst NIB experience I have had by far.

Agreed. I had an loaded early run standard WOZ that had all the mods. Supposedly, all the problematic non buffered original boards were replaced by JJP for the original owner with buffered boards. He installed them so I figured it would be safer and took the plunge.

Big mistake. After ten months of the replacement buffered board going out, calls to JJP tech support, and finally being asked to buy their new led kit to fix it, I sold it and took my losses.

Not only was it a maintenance headache and nightmare, like you said, the game was a clunker. It was beautiful to look at but I rarely had the urge to turn it on and play it.

#17050 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Agreed. I had an loaded early run standard WOZ that had all the mods. Supposedly, all the problematic non buffered original boards were replaced by JJP for the original owner with buffered boards. He installed them so I figured it would be safer and took the plunge.
Big mistake. After ten months of the replacement buffered board going out, calls to JJP tech support, and finally being asked to buy their new led kit to fix it, I sold it and took my losses.
Not only was it a maintenance headache and nightmare, like you said, the game was a clunker. It was beautiful to look at but I rarely had the urge to turn it on and play it.

ALL the JJP WoZ 1.x light board permutations break eventually. It's a flawed design. That's why they don't use it anymore.

The 2.x lighting is rock solid. We installed it and ran it on route and had no lighting issues after the lighting was changed, which was NOT the case with the 1.x, which were terrible. WoZ was one of the most profitable pins on the route. Definitely stop and go play style, but I really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind having it again. I can't say the same for Hobbit and Dialed In. But all this says is every pin has its fans, even, I assume but have no proof of, absolute dreck like WWE, CSI, Rolling Stones, and 24.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/341?hl=pinball-nja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.