balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 923.
#16951 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Put me down for #7

Might be able to buy that with winnings

#16952 2 years ago
30B71039-57CA-424E-A10C-9ADBEDC63836 (resized).png30B71039-57CA-424E-A10C-9ADBEDC63836 (resized).png
#16953 2 years ago

Pretty sure it’s really mando , and if so they def need to use the music from the show there are some great tracks in here .

#16956 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

With the Kentucky Derby coming up I was thinking about odds for the next Stern theme .Does this seem about right ? 1) Back to the Future 3/1. 2)Godzilla vs Kong 4/1. 3)Mortal Kombat 6/1. 4)Mandolorian. 7/1. 4)Jaws 8/1. 5)Harry Potter 10/1. 6)Girls Gone Wild 50/1. 7)Welk 80/1

Automatically going in on an Lawrence Welk LE

#16957 2 years ago

I’m friends with Lloyd and Tom Wilson’s manager so I asked him about a BTTF pin. He would know. Just said heard rumors but nothing concrete. I doubt it’s coming next. He could be under an NDA though.

#16958 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

You damn right.

#16959 2 years ago

What is this?

#16960 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

With the Kentucky Derby coming up I was thinking about odds for the next Stern theme .Does this seem about right ? 1) Back to the Future 3/1. 2)Godzilla vs Kong 4/1. 3)Mortal Kombat 6/1. 4)Mandolorian. 7/1. 4)Jaws 8/1. 5)Harry Potter 10/1. 6)Girls Gone Wild 50/1. 7)Welk 80/1

Give me Mandalorian (not Mandolorian) to Win, and Back to the Future, Godzilla vs Kong, and Welk to Show.

Welk is my dark horse

EDIT: All this Kentucky Derby talk has got me thinking about bourbon. I'm off to get my Woodford Reserve Double Oaked (it is Monday after all).

#16961 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Give me Mandalorian (not Mandolorian) to Win, and Back to the Future, Godzilla vs Kong, and Welk to Show.
Welk is my dark horse
EDIT: All this Kentucky Derby talk has got me thinking about bourbon. I'm off to get my Woodford Reserve Double Oaked (it is Monday after all).

Now that’s the way to bet .Mmmmm Bourbon ,I got 3 more weeks hopefully blood clot gone and I can resume living in a pandemic w Alcahol !

#16962 2 years ago

Mando has to be even $$ at this point. If anyone wants to give me 7/1 odds at this point I’ll take it.

#16963 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Mando has to be even $$ at this point. If anyone wants to give me 7/1 odds at this point I’ll take it.

But the pin would’ve had to start in design a year ago .That’s the only reason it’s not the 2/1 fav .

#16964 2 years ago

I guess ST was in the same boat now that I think of it .

#16965 2 years ago

The fix is in

#16966 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Put me down for #7

I’m in for a wild #7 too! A Bobby and a Sissy dancing wild in a mild kind of way...(Welk is my Dad’s favorite show and would be his favorite pinball machine at going on age 92.)

#16967 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

But the pin would’ve had to start in design a year ago .That’s the only reason it’s not the 2/1 fav .

Stern has been talking to Disney for a long time. They would know about Mandalorian well before a public announcement. A tentative deal for a pin could have been inked before the show started airing. If I were Stern, I'd set a condition that the show would need to reach a certain amount of popularity before going ahead with production. Meanwhile, Stern takes a small gamble and starts designing the pin in anticipation of it being successful. It's plausible the design was nearly finished when the show started airing. Pretty standard business practice.

#16968 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:But the pin would’ve had to start in design a year ago .That’s the only reason it’s not the 2/1 fav .

Stranger Things launched in 12/2019. Mandalorian launched in November 2019. Richie was talking about how awesome the "Star Wars western" was back on Special when Lit in December 2019. Its not hard to imagine Eddy could have moved from Stranger things directly to Mando.

As far as licensing taking to much time, people who think the Stern/Lucasfilm licensing is one off each time are not paying attention. Stern has clearly executed some sort of multi-year deal with Lucasfilm. That is why you get Star Wars, Star Wars Home Pin, Star Wars Comic, and Star Wars Comic Home Pin in different calendar years. It is now 2021 and what do you know? Mandalorian. It is a deal to ensure no other pinball company (JJP) gets Star Wars.

#16969 2 years ago

What about Ready Player One?

It has all of the 80s nostalgia.

#16970 2 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

I would love a RPO pin. But it's too many assets. I mean Speilberg said it himself it was one of the most frustrated films to get made because of the asset rights.

#16971 2 years ago

Stranger Things S01 came out in 2016. Stern had a good three years to adapt the them into a pin.

Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Stranger Things launched in 12/2019. Mandalorian launched in November 2019. Richie was talking about how awesome the "Star Wars western" was back on Special when Lit in December 2019. Its not hard to imagine Eddy could have moved from Stranger things directly to Mando.
As far as licensing taking to much time, people who think the Stern/Lucasfilm licensing is one off each time are not paying attention. Stern has clearly executed some sort of multi-year deal with Lucasfilm. That is why you get Star Wars, Star Wars Home Pin, Star Wars Comic, and Star Wars Comic Home Pin in different calendar years. It is now 2021 and what do you know? Mandalorian. It is a deal to ensure no other pinball company (JJP) gets Star Wars.

#16972 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Stranger Things S01 came out in 2016. Stern had a good three years to adapt the them into a pin.

I think he means the pin.

#16973 2 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

It is a deal to ensure no other pinball company (JJP) gets Star Wars.

Rogue One by JJP, roll that around in your mouth for a while...

#16974 2 years ago

Seawitch 2.0 to follow Haggis in the classics domain

#16975 2 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

That’s all it had, and it was kind of gross. One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16976 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s all it had, and it was kind of gross. One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

The book was WAY better. The movie was a travesty.

Do not bother with Armada. It's TERRIBLE.

#16977 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought the movie was a lot better than the book. The movie has major flaws and the book had its moments, but ultimately it was a really poorly written book and the movie did as much as it could to distance itself from the book, which was smart. A more direct adaptation would have been a disaster.

It's kind of pathetic how popular a book/movie is that basically contrives a plot where a character with the most useless set of skills and knowledge is a hero for it. The entire book felt like the author fantasizing about not being a total loser for investing his entire life in pop culture trivia and video games.

#16978 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Totally agree here. The movie was a bit of a disappointment after the book. But the special effects and seeing all the pop culture on screen was real eye candy for sure

I am not taking a chance on reading Armada - I heard that it was not a good read from many.

Quoted from seenev:

It's kind of pathetic how popular a book/movie is that basically contrives a plot where a character with the most useless set of skills and knowledge is a hero for it. The entire book felt like the author fantasizing about not being a total loser for investing his entire life in pop culture trivia and video games.

I never really thought about it that way, but I can see where you are going with that. It did, at times, feel like the author was a bit over the top with explaining every little geeky detail though - as if the reader wasn't aware of what he was talking about. It also did feel very predictable on how it was going to end.

#16979 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Totally agree here. The movie was a bit of a disappointment after the book. But the special effects and seeing all the pop culture on screen was real eye candy for sure
I am not taking a chance on reading Armada - I heard that it was not a good read from many.

Armada was a TERRIBLE retelling of Last Starfighter in the most clumsy, hamfisted way possible. All the action happens in the last couple chapters and the ending is a big fail copout. Do not bother. Firsthand warning.

I've heard that the sequel to Ready Player One is even WORSE, but I can't imagine it.

Quoted from seenev:

I thought the movie was a lot better than the book. The movie has major flaws and the book had its moments, but ultimately it was a really poorly written book and the movie did as much as it could to distance itself from the book, which was smart. A more direct adaptation would have been a disaster.

But the book at least made SENSE within its constructs. The movie was just plain dumb. Like having the VERY IMPORTANT quarter given to him for winning a "bet" he didn't even accept. It's essentially giving him a cheat for no work since he didn't earn the quarter, which is a key device in the book. Also, the typical hollywood "prettying up" of the female interest with the substantial facial problem that you barely notice in the movie - stupid. In the movie the IOI break-in makes no sense and is stupidly handled. That, and all the 80s references they just blew in favor of more modern product placements.

Hated it.

#16980 2 years ago

Who is Mando and what is the basis of the story?
Never watched the show.
Thanks

#16981 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Who is Mando and what is the basis of the story?
Never watched the show.
Thanks

oh and it really gets better......

#16982 2 years ago

Still unable to fathom why this has not been done ?

#16983 2 years ago

So glad it will be Stern making Mando instead of one of the small companies, like JJP. Still wondering why some say JJP has “raised the bar” with GNR (hey it rhymes) and they wish JJP was making Mando instead of Stern. We all know JJP machines, including GNR don’t shoot all that well. That’s precisely why they are loaded with cheap LED lights to distract from all the deficiencies, lol. Let’s face it, JJP has way overpriced their games because of years of business fiscal irresponsibility, which we all pay for when we buy their machines. LEDs are cheap, drumsticks are a couple bucks, plastic cymbals are a few cents from china, rotating hat has no ball interaction, guitar neck doesn’t do anything of real interest. GNR the band put out a handful of albums with tons of covers. Not sure how or why these few items listed here have some how “raised the bar” for anything in pinball. If lots of irritating flashing in the eyes is an immersive experience...can’t figure that one out at all. No one has ever played anything like that at Stern, because they know how to make fun pinball, that shoots great. After all, most all the pros at Stern once worked at Bally/Williams who set the real bar/standard years ago.

I wasn’t excited for Mando at first, but now after thinking more about it, it could be a winner with Eddy doing it in the vain of The Shadow. It’ll be a sell out, from what I’m hearing, if it is indeed next or not a code name for Delorean, lol. At any rate, I’m glad Stern is the company making it, even though they too can be somewhat overpriced, but still $4k to $7k less than a JJP. Nothing in a JJP machine warrants those crazy high prices imo.

(No surprise: usual JJP fanboy down voters, in a Stern thread, showing their displeasure by downvoting others opinions with truth mixed in, very mature, lol) (JJP fandom frequents Stern threads it appears, lol. Must not like hearing the truth hey fanboys?)

#16984 2 years ago

TT Champion !
Inspiration !!!
Awesomeness at 25:25

#16985 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The Kill Bill homebrew was amazing.

#16986 2 years ago

who would be the designer and coder?

#16987 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

So glad it will be Stern making Mando instead of one of the small companies, like JJP. Still wondering why some say JJP has “raised the bar” with GNR (hey it rhymes) and they wish JJP was making Mando instead of Stern. We all know JJP machines, including GNR don’t shoot all that well. That’s precisely why they are loaded with cheap LED lights to distract from all the deficiencies, lol. Let’s face it, JJP has way overpriced their games because of years of business fiscal irresponsibility, which we all pay for when we buy their machines. LEDs are cheap, drumsticks are a couple bucks, plastic cymbals are a few cents from china, rotating hat has no ball interaction, guitar neck doesn’t do anything of real interest. GNR the band put out a handful of albums with tons of covers. Not sure how or why these few items listed here have some how “raised the bar” for anything in pinball. If lots of irritating flashing in the eyes is an immersive experience...can’t figure that one out at all. No one has ever played anything like that at Stern, because they know how to make fun pinball, that shoots great. After all, most all the pros at Stern once worked at Bally/Williams who set the real bar/standard years ago.
I wasn’t excited for Mando at first, but now after thinking more about it, it could be a winner with Eddy doing it in the vain of The Shadow. It’ll be a sell out, from what I’m hearing, if it is indeed next or not a code name for Delorean, lol. At any rate, I’m glad Stern is the company making it, even though they too can be somewhat overpriced, but still $4k to $7k less than a JJP. Nothing in a JJP machine warrants those crazy high prices imo.

are you sure you have played GnR? in no way does GnR feel cheap or not shoot well. Locking the multi balls in the guitar head alone is brilliant. I have the LZ and GnR. LZ feels like it as a phoned in JV basketball game at a fat camp compared to GnR. I like Stern, but right now stern is the McDonalds of pinball.

#16988 2 years ago
Quoted from mwthatch:

are you sure you have played GnR? in no way does GnR feel cheap or not shoot well. Locking the multi balls in the guitar head alone is brilliant. I have the LZ and GnR. LZ feels like it as a phoned in JV basketball game at a fat camp compared to GnR. I like Stern, but right now stern is the McDonalds of pinball.

Give you one, as only a lock...it’s good for a lock. Don’t think Stern is equivalent of McDonalds, but can see that JJP fans like to think that way. Nothing in that machine feels rich enough for the extreme prices. Price of a car, as GNR fan club like to exclaim in anger against GNR decision to do a pinball machine in these troubled times. Of course they don’t understand how crazy we pinball enthusiast are, lol.

#16989 2 years ago

Ferris Bueller is on line 2
Just a Flesh wound
We have no wodger

#16990 2 years ago

#16991 2 years ago

Now that’s a band and light show!

#16992 2 years ago

Pink Floyd would be a rockin pin.

#16993 2 years ago

I was lucky enough to be at that concert at Earls Court in 94.
They weren’t filming the night I was there, at least I don’t think so...
The air was heady with the aroma of super-skunk etc, so very easily could have clouded my memory ha!
Freaken awesome though.

#16994 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

I was lucky enough to be at that concert at Earls Court in 94.
They weren’t filming the night I was there, at least I don’t think so...
The air was heady with the aroma of super-skunk etc, so very easily could have clouded my memory ha!
Freaken awesome though.

I saw the concert outdoors at Soldier Field in '94. Unforgettable.

#16995 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

We have a better chance of seeing “Welk” from Stern (Rose Milk Multiball!) than RAZA from DeepRoot.

#16996 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Imagination.

#16997 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

oh, agreed, the movie wasn't very good but the book was great. go with the book.

#16998 2 years ago

If those are the best quotes, they suck. Get ready for another pin with horrible callouts.

#16999 2 years ago

I agree, I aggressively play all the new pins out now,
LZLE
JPLE
Stranger things LE
Avengers LE
GnR CE is by far the best pin in the room.
I’m a stern nerd, I love stern, but GnR is 10/10 sorry.

Quoted from mwthatch:

#17000 2 years ago

Next Pinball Machine idea/wish: Red Hot Chili Peppers, YES Please!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
$ 10.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods
Hardware
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 12.95
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/340?hl=mwthatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.