Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 937.
#1601 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I said it before Van Helsing the movie 2004 wil be a great pinball theme.
Its more a Monsterbash on steroids.
Van Helsing, Anna , frankenstein, dracula, Q is a sort off merlin magic, werewolves instead of trolls, the vampire girls ( sluts) ,dr jekyl, and the born vampire creatures for a wizard mode.
Make a Multi level pinball with dracula's castle.
Let the werewolves defend the castle.
Instead of the MM castle bridge/gate put in the tommy mirror (castle wall) it to go to the ice castle.
The trolls wil be the werewolves then.
With all the characters you can do almost everything you want.
There is only one problem..... to many parts for a Stern pro.

Castlevania I think would be better and wanted it done for years. Originally one guy was building one game but no longer can find info on it and probably not happening.

#1602 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes, Creepshow for me would be a dream theme, The Hitchhiker as well. that coming on in the wee hours with certain chemicals running wild in the old blood stream was truly magical, Tales too.
» YouTube video

The Outer Limits as well

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I truly hope Keith's Archer is produced, Love the theme and think it looks awesome!
For me Archer has a great deal of merit.
Looking forward to Keith's skill and innovation with IMDN
and Deadpool as well another cool theme ( the callouts are going to be insane, I want to be in stitches please George , wow, i'm gonna have to sell a kidney to get these titles ! mm I will be in stitches, lol

Odds are the Deadpool callouts will be voicework by the BBH/TWD redneck or one of the X-men or GTOTG actors.

It won’t be Ryan Reynolds on the game IMO. Maybe I’m wrong, my wife says I’m wrong all the time, but I dunno.

#1604 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Odds are the Deadpool callouts will be voicework by the BBH/TWD redneck or one of the X-men or GTOTG actors.
It won’t be Ryan Reynolds on the game IMO. Maybe I’m wrong, my wife says I’m wrong all the time, but I dunno.

No way they do cartoon art and movie call outs so I agree with you. The Deadpool voice in X-Men was actually ok. It's the other character voices that scare me.

#1605 6 years ago

I'm not sure how concrete the info is on Maiden being next, (But I am hoping!) But I do remember the day before they released Metallica, Sterns face book account put a Maiden picture up. I really hope this isn't a fakeout.

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I still prefer stock Iron Maiden art vs. an interpretation of Maiden art. Just another reason why I'm holding off until I see the entire package. Please take my money if it's a bad ass rock and roll pin Like ACDC or Met!! The license demands it!!

I don’t see any way ZY doesn’t kill this. He’s a big Maiden fan. He is a smart guy and knows what people want.

#1607 6 years ago

ZY is amazing. There's no reason to doubt he'll do anything but hit a home run. Of all the unknowns, his contribution is the least concerning.

#1608 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I still prefer stock Iron Maiden art vs. an interpretation of Maiden art. Just another reason why I'm holding off until I see the entire package. Please take my money if it's a bad ass rock and roll pin Like ACDC or Met!! The license demands it!!

I’m with you. My guess is that 70% or so of the art will be provided by IMDN licensing assetts and the other 30% will be transposed by ZY. After all, lots of rumors of Pointing to ZY doing Deadpool too; so he’s doing both back to back? I’m raising a flag and think he’ll play a small portion with one (IMDN) and large portion on the other (Deadpool). Disclaimer: this is just like, my opinion man.

EDIT: here’s another theory; maybe the people leaking that ZY is on Maiden saw some of the art and dont know jack about how awesome Maidens artwork really is so just quickly assumed it was Yeti doing the art package.

It wouldn’t make sense for stern to hire someone as talented as ZY to do art for a band that is known for their artwork. But what do I know, I’m just on pinside

#1609 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I'm not sure how concrete the info is on Maiden being next, (But I am hoping!) But I do remember the day before they released Metallica, Sterns face book account put a Maiden picture up. I really hope this isn't a fakeout.

It's real, and next.

#1610 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You quoted the wrong person, I definitely know Iron Maiden is STILL one of the biggest acts in music.

Ha! Sorry, I mostly lurk, up the horns!

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m with you. My guess is that 70% or so of the art will be provided by IMDN licensing assetts and the other 30% will be transposed by ZY. After all, lots of rumors of Pointing to ZY doing Deadpool too; so he’s doing both back to back? I’m raising a flag and think he’ll play a small portion with one (IMDN) and large portion on the other (Deadpool). Disclaimer: this is just like, my opinion man.
EDIT: here’s another theory; maybe the people leaking that ZY is on Maiden saw some of the art and dont know jack about how awesome Maidens artwork really is so just quickly assumed it was Yeti doing the art package.
It wouldn’t make sense for stern to hire someone as talented as ZY to do art for a band that is known for their artwork. But what do I know, I’m just on pinside

The old IMDN artist, Derek Riggs, walked away from the band some years ago (maybe 8 years or so) over some differences. I doubt the old art is even on the table.

#1612 6 years ago

I look FW to Iron Maiden but I gotta say...

When I was a pup only the white trash kids who’s parents smoked generic ciggerettes & drove a Ford Tempo were the folks to wear Iron Maiden T-shirts.

It was an indicator of a persons socioeconomic status almost.

Sorta like those weird Indian dream catchers people hang up in their single wide trailer.

Or those wolf shirts... How does one reach a point in life where they buy wolf shirts at a gas station?

The real pièce de résistance is a dream catcher with a wolf on it. Hang it up in a trailer next to a Monte Carlo whilst wearing an Iron Maiden shirt in Nebraska or Missouri & odds are a whitetrash vortex will open up & alter space/time while destroying our planet.

83079A62-27F0-4B0C-9542-F13E9F2278B4 (resized).jpeg83079A62-27F0-4B0C-9542-F13E9F2278B4 (resized).jpeg

#1613 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The old IMDN artist, Derek Riggs, walked away from the band some years ago (maybe 8 years or so) over some differences. I doubt the old art is even on the table.

Iron maiden owns the art. The Trooper is the most popular and recognizable and sold product at the shows as well as their beer products. The Trooper beer.

#1614 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Iron maiden owns the art. The Trooper is the most popular and recognizable and sold product at the shows as well as their beer products. The Trooper beer.

So people have seen the IMDN topper before the Star Wars Topper! FML.

Edit: Tropper, not Topper, ah makes sense now lol.

#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And I certainly don't want to this as a slight the to ZY. On ANY OTHER pin, I would love ZY to do the art package. On THIS pin the art is already complete and perfect. Maybe like you said, ZY will just tie the whole package together with his artistic additions.

#1616 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I look FW to Iron Maiden but I gotta say...
When I was a pup only the white trash kids who’s parents smoked generic ciggerettes & drove a Ford Tempo were the folks to wear Iron Maiden T-shirts.
It was an indicator of a persons socioeconomic status almost.
Sorta like those weird Indian dream catchers people hang up in their single wide trailer.
Or those wolf shirts... How does one reach a point in life where they buy wolf shirts at a gas station?
The real pièce de résistance is a dream catcher with a wolf on it. Hang it up in a trailer next to a Monte Carlo whilst wearing an Iron Maiden shirt in Nebraska or Missouri & odds are a whitetrash vortex will open up & alter space/time while destroying our planet.

Says the guy from Missouri.

#1617 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He's right though. Trans Ams and Iron Maiden.

#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

He's right though. Trans Ams and Iron Maiden.

You make it sound like Trans Ams or Iron Maiden are a bad thing. Actually the mullet wearers listened to Van Halen,(not Van hagar!) And drove camaroes!

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Some of those crowds they get in South America are beyond belief. Megadeth does great down there too ... seems like if you want to get an 80s metal crowd experience today, you need to go anywhere but the US and A .

Ha! For sure- my cousin is in an obscure 80s band and they are working on doing a tour in Europe because its big over there.

#1620 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Says the guy from unknown

Lol, just having fun. I put Missouri in there for a reason. Plus my experience here in Missouri makes me an expert on hillbilly white trash

#1621 6 years ago

I am no expert on artwork or licensing, but I do know Maiden ( esp Harris ) are absolutely hardcore in control of official Maiden merchandise. I would hope that played a part in this. I gotta believe the art package will come from existing sources they own.

#1622 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

ZY is amazing. There's no reason to doubt he'll do anything but hit a home run. Of all the unknowns, his contribution is the least concerning.

I love ZY too. I've been consistently blown away by his work since I first saw it on JPOP's website. I mean no disrespect to ZY at all, but I don't care for this interpretation. That is not Eddie. Not Maiden. Also, not a deal-breaker as its cool artwork - just too far from Riggs for my taste.

minutes_zombie (resized).jpgminutes_zombie (resized).jpg

#1623 6 years ago

ZY will put his own awesome twist on original IMDN art

No spelling mistakes Stern

Eddie !

eddie (resized).jpgeddie (resized).jpg

#1624 6 years ago

Some modern non IM Eddies but worth a share;
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1625 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Says the guy from unknown
Lol, just having fun. I put Missouri in there for a reason. Plus my experience here in Missouri makes me an expert on hillbilly white trash

Arizona lol, and we love our metal!

#1626 6 years ago

I'm going to pass, Sort of over the music themes atm.
Bring on Jaws, or something original for once.

#1627 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I'm going to pass, Sort of over the music themes atm.
Bring on Jaws, or something original for once.

Lots of original themes out there now.

#1628 6 years ago

Iron Maiden will be announced in March.

#1629 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Supposed to be next week.

http://www.amusementexpo.org/2018/Public/Enter.aspx

#1630 6 years ago

Guess everyones hearing the same thing? Iron Maiden being designed by Keith Elwin, artwork by ZY... a rethemed Archer supposedly.

#1631 6 years ago

I was thinking about selling my AS and reacquiring MET. Maiden is my favorite band so now I'm torn.

#1632 6 years ago

Hey guys, what's the over/under for the next Stern VE game? I heard Tron may be a candidate? I want to acquire a Tron, but not so much that I'm not willing to wait a little for a NIB VE. But I'm not sure I'm willing to wait too long. Anyways, curious what the chatter is on that.

#1633 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I was thinking about selling my AS and reacquiring MET. Maiden is my favorite band so now I'm torn.

Mght as well wait for the announcement since it's right around the corner.

#1634 6 years ago
Quoted from SilveredBalls:

Guess everyones hearing the same thing? Iron Maiden being designed by Keith Elwin, artwork by ZY... a rethemed Archer supposedly.

Heard a bit different - IM was a Trudeau game, Keith is "un-Trudeauing" it, and it's not based off Archer.

#1635 6 years ago
Quoted from voltron88x:

I heard Tron may be a candidate? I want to acquire a Tron, but not so much that I'm not willing to wait a little for a NIB VE. But I'm not sure I'm willing to wait too long. Anyways, curious what the chatter is on that.

Do not wait to buy a VE Tron. You are missing out every day of your life by not having one now. Seriously, find one and start enjoying it. Your time on the grid is not that long. Life is too short to wait. Calllll now.

#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

IM was a Trudeau game, Keith is "un-Trudeauing"

I hope they gave him some gloves ...

#1637 6 years ago

I'm hoping for some classic Maiden and not a Book of Souls soundtrack..... Any rumoured songlist?

#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from voltron88x:

Hey guys, what's the over/under for the next Stern VE game? I heard Tron may be a candidate? I want to acquire a Tron, but not so much that I'm not willing to wait a little for a NIB VE. But I'm not sure I'm willing to wait too long. Anyways, curious what the chatter is on that.

TRON VE is on my short list of pin interests. That, Iron Maiden and Elvira 3.

#1639 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Mght as well wait for the announcement since it's right around the corner.

Yeah, I will do that to at least see what Iron Maiden would offer. Although I'm not too sure how I feel about buying a just released game. I've been burned in the past by shoddy code updating.

#1640 6 years ago

Jeez, at this point I just want Stern to release IM so we can start talking about the next game. IM does nothing for me.

#1641 6 years ago

Elvira would be top of my list of rumored games. I would like to see a Munsters also as was suggested by another.

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Heard a bit different - IM was a Trudeau game, Keith is "un-Trudeauing" it, and it's not based off Archer.

If Keith is "un-Trudeauing" it, is there any word on who might be coding it?

#1643 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Jeez, at this point I just want Stern to release IM so we can start talking about the next game. IM does nothing for me.

Go to the Deadpool thread - it's ready n waiting

#1644 6 years ago

The Princess Bride! Told wife the possibility stern might , and she said " if they do, we buy it" . Found old article in pindide where stern passed out cards years ago with their logo and The Princess Bride and main characters on it , unless it was a hoax.
Anyone know anything ?

#1645 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I thought it was Feb 28th?

#1646 6 years ago

If it's IMDN and it's coded by Lyman, I'm in no question. If Lonnie is coding it, I'm OUT, won't even consider it.

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Elvira would be top of my list of rumored games. I would like to see a Munsters also as was suggested by another.

I would love to play a munsters.

#1648 6 years ago

Munsters would be a great theme !

#1649 6 years ago
Quoted from voltron88x:

I dont think its happening for awhile....

#1650 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

If it's IMDN and it's coded by Lyman, I'm in no question. If Lonnie is coding it, I'm OUT, won't even consider it.

If Lonnie's still buried by his Guardians of the Galaxy coding mess, I can't imagine he's coding Iron Maiden.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/33?hl=silveredballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.