Pee Wee Buffy (resized).jpg
Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,158 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 924.
#16901 2 years ago

Pinball machines are worth more than a DeLoreans, haha

#16902 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

800 Mando LEs seems like a lot.

Sure hope Stern doesn’t milk us LE buyers doing over 500. 500 is the limit. I purchased one of the 800 SWLEs and this many years later, hard to sell if one wanted to. They are aplenty and 800 is too much for an LE. JJP LEs at 5000 is an absolute joke and insult to us as buyers. Nothing limited about 5,000 in pinball that sells for over $10k and we’ll see GNR LEs flooding the market at a loss in the future. History will repeat itself as it always does when the numbers are too high on so called collectibles.

#16903 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sure hope Stern doesn’t milk us LE buyers doing over 500. 500 is the limit. I purchased one of the 800 SWLEs and this many years later, hard to sell if one wanted to. They are aplenty and 800 is too much for an LE. JJP LEs at 5000 is an absolute joke and insult to us as buyers. Nothing limited about 5,000 in pinball that sells for over $10k and we’ll see GNR LEs flooding the market at a loss in the future. History will repeat itself as it always does when the numbers are too high on so called collectibles.

You're mis-comparing top level machines.

JJP is only making 500 CEs, which is a closer comparison to (though much more than) a Stern LE. JJP LEs are akin (but still superior to) Stern Premium levels.

With the right game with the right features and the right desirability, Stern could easily sell out 750 LEs. BTTF could fit this bill IF Stern/Kapow don't phone it in. Star Wars LE just was a proficient release. Nothing mindblowing. They made too many LEs of a "meh" LE that most people could get the same charge from with a Premium, so it's a hard one to move at the pricing most people want because potential buyers just end up with a Premium and are happy with that. The comic release just increased downward pressure on the LEs because more people would opt for a Comic Premium over an LE.

On the other hand, with jjGnR, JJP delivered a feature-packed, great-looking CE with desirable trim, a hot license, and their hottest designer. They could EASILY have sold out 500 more CEs because they over-delivered.

It's a balancing act, and for some things it's tough to know where the line is, but some like jjGnR (and Rick and Morty, for that matter) should have been obvious sellers and had the top level sales-limited machine's quantities bumped up to 25 or 50%.

#16904 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

800 Mando LEs seems like a lot.

The Beskar side armor and hand illustrated mirrored backglass is going to be gorgeous. Listening to K-Man talk about the prospects has me almost thinking of going with an LE.

#16905 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Iron maiden, turtle ninja, Led Zeppelin, stranger things, black knight, the munsters...Mandolerian...stern needs to shoot better to grab my money

wait for it... here it comes... Mandoloserian

#16906 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The Beskar side armor and hand illustrated mirrored backglass is going to be gorgeous. Listening to K-Man talk about the prospects has me almost thinking of going with an LE.

I have the exact same feeling. Plus it’s an IP that younger pinball fans will be fond of, which should keep resale value high down the road

#16907 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stranger Things has recovered from its poor early reviews and can no longer be found at distros. Totally sold out everywhere per my understanding. It’s pricing will be on par with Elvira soon. Stern has several games in great demand at the moment.

Sold out everywhere except for the 5 on Amazon that have been there since the game launched....just saying. https://www.amazon.com/Stern-Pinball-Stranger-Things-Machine/dp/B0854B4PQG/ref=sr_1_6

#16908 2 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Sold out everywhere except for the 5 on Amazon that have been there since the game launched....just saying. amazon.com link »

Premium is the one in demand because of the projector. I think that's what he was talking about. STh pros are still pretty widely available.

#16909 2 years ago

Iron maiden, turtle ninja, Led Zeppelin, stranger things, black knight, the munsters...Mandolerian...stern needs to shoot better to grab my money

If you don’t think any of these games shoot well, pinball might not be for you.

#16910 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

wait for it... here it comes... Mandoloserian

I’m thinking, Maindailingorientian. (just sayin)

#16911 2 years ago

Beskar armor for trim sounds amazing!

Reality = flat silver paint

Brushed stainless steel trim is probably the closest we can get to imitating the look of Beskar, but when was the last time Stern trimmed any of their games in stainless steel? Maybe never.

#16912 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Beskar armor for trim sounds amazing!
Reality = flat silver paint
Brushed stainless steel trim is probably the closest we can get to imitating the look of Beskar, but when was the last time Stern trimmed any of their games in stainless steel? Maybe never.

Stern has gone to paper for their stainless or chorme metal-look side armor accents for a while now. The GoT reflective parts under the sigils were just foiled paper. Deadpool katanas were also uber-cheap in person. I can't imagine they'd spend the money to make gunmetal-look Beskar side armor unless they double the price into the $700 range.

#16913 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I purchased one of the 800 SWLEs and this many years later, hard to sell if one wanted to.

You are wrong about SWLE. Try listing yours now and it will sell quick.

#16914 2 years ago

so just to recap the last 10 pages or so.. the next theme is gonna be about a 4-legged shark named Mando and he drives a DeLorean? got it. thanks

#16915 2 years ago

When will stern announce their next pin?

#16916 2 years ago
Quoted from Amazingblu:

The only real answer is soon.

#16917 2 years ago

Did i come back to soon....

Flux capacitor acting up again....damn

#16918 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you don’t think any of these games shoot well, pinball might not be for you.

but who is talking about shooting here? maybe my mistake language, but i was talking about theme, like all of us.

#16919 2 years ago
Quoted from Amazingblu:

On a friday arvo cause distributors love getting a ton of phone calls and emails just after they've knocked off on the weekend

#16920 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stranger Things season four will be out real soon and will be watched my millions of people. The Mandalorean single handedly got Disney + to its subscriber goal years before expected soon after the platform launched. Just because you don’t consume a particular piece of media doesn’t mean it isn’t extremely popular.
Stranger Things stumbling at launch was due to a hole lot of people talking shit on the game not working properly. Some of that trash talk was earned but most of it was people blowing small fixable issues out of proportion.
I’m not really that excited by yet another Star Wars game but I don’t like how the current one shoots enough to ever buy it so I guess this is a second chance!

They were big issues and not trivial to fix. That matters. When Stern has a QC dog it isn’t pretty. Especially for the dude that wants his new 6-9k game to fucking work out of the box.

#16921 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

JJP LEs at 5000 is an absolute joke and insult to us as buyers. Nothing limited about 5,000 in pinball that sells for over $10k and we’ll see GNR LEs flooding the market at a loss in the future. History will repeat itself as it always does when the numbers are too high on so called collectibles.

I don't think GNR will lose value , especially over here in Oz . How many Addams family's did they make and they go for a 20 k + here restored .
Everyone told me I would lose money on my NIB Hobbit but I sold it for 1k more than I paided for it . Just saying .

#16922 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Stern knows you’ll come back anyway, and at any price.

This - truly - is the way.

#16923 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Very doubtful you will ever see GNR flooded and going for cheaper as it's one of the best pinballs ever made.

Fact they already when up 1k and are still selling.

#16924 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

They were big issues and not trivial to fix. That matters. When Stern has a QC dog it isn’t pretty. Especially for the dude that wants his new 6-9k game to fucking work out of the box.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the premium but heard about need to fix or adjust plus need to buy and install UV kit which gave me pause. Now they’re sold out. Hopefully if they did any more premiums they’ll fix what needs fixing.

#16925 2 years ago

Stern made 799 ST LE also they didn’t sell out immediately but now are selling for a premium or at least not much discount. But ST LE had a good bit more features than the premium.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16926 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the premium but heard about need to fix or adjust plus need to buy and install UV kit which gave me pause. Now they’re sold out. Hopefully if they did any more premiums they’ll fix what needs fixing.

I might be a buyer if they make new and ship with fixes already done. I was very interested in ST at launch, but I’ve had my fill of constant tinkering, part replacement and incomplete code on brand new games. Not to mention hoping your playfield gets printed correctly, clear coated correctly, etc. I won’t bother to mention cheap coil stops.

The good news is, there’s a flock of sheep willing to buy practically every new game coming off the lines. They can make the fixes, keep a constant stream of games in the second hand market while keeping Stern humming.

#16927 2 years ago

but who is talking about shooting here? maybe my mistake language, but i was talking about theme, like all of us.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood. It seems like a lot of Stern’s themes are talked up on Pinside long before they happen. Maybe they should stop listening to us, lol.

#16928 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Very doubtful you will ever see GNR flooded and going for cheaper as it's one of the best pinballs ever made.
Fact they already when up 1k and are still selling.

How are the playfields? I'm not in the market for a GNR as the theme doesn't interest me but I heard from a local pinhead there may be ongoing JJP issues. If so, the value of the unlucky ones may nor hold up.

#16929 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ah sorry, I misunderstood. It seems like a lot of Stern’s themes are talked up on Pinside long before they happen. Maybe they should stop listening to us, lol.

to be honest i'm very surprised that people could buy or not a pin only regarding the theme. what about pin design? what about theme integration? what about fun is the pin? what about how the pin shoots?
There are so many criteria that the theme of the pin and then the annoucement time is just a good (or bad) start for me.

#16930 2 years ago

Because the market is insane now and flipping for a profit is nearly a guaranteed backup plan if the game doesn't work out.

#16931 2 years ago

Are you guys still in on a Mandalorian if it ends up being the next SW home pin? lol

#16932 2 years ago

Stern teasing you BTTF hopefuls this morning.

74B5F87C-0F0C-449F-9A81-061D57098D52 (resized).jpeg74B5F87C-0F0C-449F-9A81-061D57098D52 (resized).jpeg
#16933 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

[quoted image]

As much as I want to believe this is true. I honestly think it's more of a retro look they want to go with their merchandise.

#16934 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

[quoted image]

Only if we're traveling back to this date..

back-to-the-future-1955 (resized).jpgback-to-the-future-1955 (resized).jpg
#16935 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I think y’all are overestimating the popularity of Mandalorian. Stranger Things was a fresh, cultural phenomenon that everyone was talking about. Netflix has more reach than Disney+. The Marvel pins had pre-pandemic blockbuster movies in front of them. Normies were into them, is what I’m saying. Mandalorian seems more nerd-culture niche in the grand scheme of things. And if Stranger Things did poorly at launch like some are saying, I suspect Mando to be almost DOA by Stern standards. But I mean, cool/lucky for you guys that like the show. Just a business misstep IMO.

Netflix has more reach huh ?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/mar/14/disney-forecast-to-steal-netflix-crown-as-worlds-biggest-streaming-firm

#16936 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern LE = JJP CE not JJP LE

#16937 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

How are the playfields? I'm not in the market for a GNR as the theme doesn't interest me but I heard from a local pinhead there may be ongoing JJP issues. If so, the value of the unlucky ones may nor hold up.

Do you guys get paid to run this issue up the flagpole from time to time?GnR Game of the Year!!!!

#16938 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I got my G’NR CE mid February, "0" Issues fortunately, playfield 100% in perfect shape after 3 months playing non stop this game.
The issues that you mention are just normal issues like in any Stern, CGC, or Jersey.... and I don’t care about the value short/long term at all, this game is bolted besides my Yellow Brick Road. Personally I consider myself lucky to have this game at home (Obviously my personal taste, and my humble POV).

9EAACEAC-1D20-43EE-9F64-AC5B63BC452E (resized).jpeg9EAACEAC-1D20-43EE-9F64-AC5B63BC452E (resized).jpegE2C6BC2A-A039-4E44-9980-69ABAD5580D0 (resized).jpegE2C6BC2A-A039-4E44-9980-69ABAD5580D0 (resized).jpeg

And I wish that "JAWS" is the next Stern game by the way...

#16939 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you guys get paid to run this issue up the flagpole from time to time?GnR Game of the Year!!!!

No but I'll do it more if you want to pay me.

I don't know if there is anything to it for GNR but we all know it jas been an issue for many JJP and Stern owners over the past several years. Downplaying and pretending otherwise I guess can be reassuring unless you're one of the unlucky ones that spent 6k + for a new item that had a serious defect out of the box.

#16940 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I got my G’NR CE mid February, "0" Issues fortunately, playfield 100% in perfect shape after 3 months playing non stop this game.
The issues that you mention are just normal issues like in any Stern, CGC, or Jersey.... and I don’t care about the value short/long term at all, this game is bolted besides my Yellow Brick Road. Personally I consider myself lucky to have this game at home (Obviously my personal taste, and my humble POV).
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome set up. JAWS is my wish pin also..

#16941 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I would LOVE to have WOZ and GnR (though I would prefer the RR WOZ if I could pick). You are indeed lucky to have those

Back to this thread - I really like the SW Prem/LE and excited to see what the Mandalorian has for us. (though my short Stern wish list is LOTR or TRON VE, or BTTF)

#16942 2 years ago

to be honest i'm very surprised that people could buy or not a pin only regarding the theme. what about pin design? what about theme integration? what about fun is the pin? what about how the pin shoots?
There are so many criteria that the theme of the pin and then the annoucement time is just a good (or bad) start for me.

Agreed. I love Primus but so disappointed with the game I couldn't do it. Absolutely can't stand IMDN music but love the game.

#16943 2 years ago

If GnR CE’s are selling for $20k- $25k then someone will absolutely buy one with a playfield chip for $19k. Believe it.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

#16944 2 years ago

I passed on Led Zeppelin because I did not like the theme integration and design. It was fun but felt like I was playing a pin with Led Zeppelin music playing. My wife and I could not justify the NIB price.

I bought Stranger Things because it was fun. I didn’t care about the theme because I never watched the show, but my wife and daughters did.

So theme is big for me, but if it’s not fun will pass.

#16945 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

As much as I want to believe this is true. I honestly think it's more of a retro look they want to go with their merchandise.

Like the puzzle tease. We all thought it was for a pin but it ended up just being a puzzle.
I would just not speculate on it other than it just being a shirt.

#16946 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

[quoted image]

They have some awful merchandise.

#16947 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They have some awful merchandise.

Nice shirt if your a bowler

#16948 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Nice shirt if your a bowler

571 (resized).jpeg571 (resized).jpeg
#16949 2 years ago

With the Kentucky Derby coming up I was thinking about odds for the next Stern theme .Does this seem about right ? 1) Back to the Future 3/1. 2)Godzilla vs Kong 4/1. 3)Mortal Kombat 6/1. 4)Mandolorian. 7/1. 4)Jaws 8/1. 5)Harry Potter 10/1. 6)Girls Gone Wild 50/1. 7)Welk 80/1

#16950 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

With the Kentucky Derby coming up I was thinking about odds for the next Stern theme .Does this seem about right ? 1) Back to the Future 3/1. 2)Godzilla vs Kong 4/1. 3)Mortal Kombat 6/1. 4)Mandolorian. 7/1. 4)Jaws 8/1. 5)Harry Potter 10/1. 6)Girls Gone Wild 50/1. 7)Welk 80/1

Put me down for #7

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
12,222 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,158 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/339 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.