DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 937.
#16851 2 years ago

Mando is a decent show and it is cool how they tie the SW universe to it with the recent episodes. But this theme doesn't right off the bat get me super excited for some reason. Maybe the nostalgia isn't there for me because the show is so new. Strange to say since it is related to Star Wars, but that's where I am at. I am very curious what Brian Eddy comes up with.

#16852 2 years ago

I quite enjoyed watching the mandalorian with the family but I am afraid that the popularity of the show and costs of the license will result once again in mediocre gameplay and completely unfinished/polished code. Will it get better? Yes but it will take time... years perhaps. Definitely not jumping on this one right out of the gate. Godzilla is a maybe.

#16853 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No.
The poster I was responding to was talking about full assets which presumably would include custom audio from principles.

I dont consider custom call-outs as assets. Disney could open the vault for film assets, yet they cant make talent voice custom work.

#16854 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is this the last run for Stranger Things?

I’ve heard that Stranger Things is not to be re-run again. Not sure if that is accurate but it wouldn’t surprise me. Shame too, that title has really grown in popularity the last few months.

#16855 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’ve heard that Stranger Things is not to be re-run again. Not sure if that is accurate but it wouldn’t surprise me. Shame too, that title has really grown in popularity the last few months.

My friend told me it’s earning really well. It seems odd that Stern wouldn’t do at least one more run of Premiums for people that want them.

#16856 2 years ago

I almost bought a STh premium when it was still in stock but I wanted to see this release first. Hopefully they will make more Elvira and Stranger Things.

#16857 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My friend told me it’s earning really well. It seems odd that Stern wouldn’t do at least one more run of Premiums for people that want them.

Agreed. Stern uses licensing to run pins for three years, if that is the case here they have time. That is a title that deserves another run of premiums for sure...distributors want them so it’s certainly possible if they still have the license.

#16858 2 years ago

Mandalorian has my attention, contemporary with strong nostalgia. Love BTTF, Matrix, etc, but what is going on right now in the culture has a lot of resonance. If Eddy makes a great game, I'd seriously consider it and am already on a dealers list for an LE, in case he knocks this one out of the park. Hope he moves away from the traditional fan layout.

#16859 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Mandalorian has my attention, contemporary with strong nostalgia. Love BTTF, Matrix, etc, but what is going on right now in the culture has a lot of resonance. If Eddy makes a great game, I'd seriously consider it and am already on a dealers list for an LE, in case he knocks this one out of the park. Hope he moves away from the traditional fan layout.

Me too.

#16860 2 years ago

I think y’all are overestimating the popularity of Mandalorian. Stranger Things was a fresh, cultural phenomenon that everyone was talking about. Netflix has more reach than Disney+. The Marvel pins had pre-pandemic blockbuster movies in front of them. Normies were into them, is what I’m saying. Mandalorian seems more nerd-culture niche in the grand scheme of things. And if Stranger Things did poorly at launch like some are saying, I suspect Mando to be almost DOA by Stern standards. But I mean, cool/lucky for you guys that like the show. Just a business misstep IMO.

#16861 2 years ago

I think Ant-Man could be a great theme for a pinball machine

#16862 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Stern want to make sales to all segments of their market.

Iron maiden, turtle ninja, Led Zeppelin, stranger things, black knight, the munsters...Mandolerian...stern needs to shoot better to grab my money

#16863 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I think y’all are overestimating the popularity of Mandalorian. Stranger Things was a fresh, cultural phenomenon that everyone was talking about. Netflix has more reach than Disney+. The Marvel pins had pre-pandemic blockbuster movies in front of them. Normies were into them, is what I’m saying. Mandalorian seems more nerd-culture niche in the grand scheme of things. And if Stranger Things did poorly at launch like some are saying, I suspect Mando to be almost DOA by Stern standards. But I mean, cool/lucky for you guys that like the show. Just a business misstep IMO.

I'm a huge SW fan and I don't have any interest in this. Did I buy the cool animatronic Baby Yoda? Sure. But I already have the first SW machine Stern put out, and the original trilogy is what it's all about for me. Mandalorian is/was a great show, but the music and everything else about it isn't nearly as exciting as Luke making a run at the death star or speeder bikes in a forest. If the rumors are true, I can't wait to play it, though.

#16864 2 years ago

Sunday thoughts. Stranger Things is by far the moodiest game Stern has ever put out and captures the series perfectly. I can wholeheartedly say that Mandalorian, the show, has a very distinct mood to it. Music, art direction and Mando's oneliners. That said, I have very high expectations of what's coming out in the next few weeks. Or did I just misspell DeLorean?

#16865 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Sunday thoughts. Stranger Things is by far the moodiest game Stern has ever put out and captures the series perfectly. I can wholeheartedly say that Mandalorian, the show, has a very distinct mood to it. Music, art direction and Mando's oneliners. That said, I have very high expectations of what's coming out in the next few weeks. Or did I just misspell DeLorean?

Has Stern sold a lot of Stranger Things? My impression was/is it never really got traction sales wide due to poor eary reviews. Has that changed? How much longer will it be made?

#16866 2 years ago

Stranger Things season four will be out real soon and will be watched my millions of people. The Mandalorean single handedly got Disney + to its subscriber goal years before expected soon after the platform launched. Just because you don’t consume a particular piece of media doesn’t mean it isn’t extremely popular.

Stranger Things stumbling at launch was due to a hole lot of people talking shit on the game not working properly. Some of that trash talk was earned but most of it was people blowing small fixable issues out of proportion.

I’m not really that excited by yet another Star Wars game but I don’t like how the current one shoots enough to ever buy it so I guess this is a second chance!

#16867 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Has Stern sold a lot of Stranger Things? My impression was/is it never really got traction sales wide due to poor ray reviews. Has that changed? How much longer will it be made?

Stranger Things has recovered from its poor early reviews and can no longer be found at distros. Totally sold out everywhere per my understanding. It’s pricing will be on par with Elvira soon. Stern has several games in great demand at the moment.

#16868 2 years ago

I think mando would do well. I think it's a family theme that attracts a lot of people. That doesnt mean it will be a good or bad game, only time will tell. The way I see it it's like a McDonald gimmick.......they get your kids excited to go play in the games or get a free toy with happy meal meanwhile they get what they want....... you paid $50 for hamburgers and they used your kids to do so. You should have seen my girl and my kids faces when I just teased them with : maybe stern will do a Mandalorian pinball. After that how can I buy another pin for myself when the 4 of us are into Mando's theme ? We will see....

#16869 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stranger Things has recovered from its poor early reviews and can no longer be found at distros. Totally sold out everywhere per my understanding. It’s pricing will be on par with Elvira soon. Stern has several games in great demand at the moment.

Why would pricing be upped to Elvira levels? Elvira isn't a standard Stern game (can't remember the verbiage) and she gets a commission of sort on each game sold.

If they are increasing pricing on Stranger Things, all premium Stern pins are headed that direction as well

#16870 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Why would pricing be upped to Elvira levels? Elvira isn't a standard Stern game (can't remember the verbiage) and she gets a commission of sort on each game sold.
If they are increasing pricing on Stranger Things, all premium Stern pins are headed that direction as well

Yea that’s absurd

Stranger things is a very solid game but it is no way some sort of masterpiece. It requires custom code to be tolerable and I totally disagree that it captures the essence of the show. It misses the mark big time in capturing the humor and charm of the kids, which is literally what makes the show unique...

#16871 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern has several games in great demand at the moment.

And yet they don’t prioritize fulfilling that demand over the unknown of an unannounced title. That’s what bothers me the most. Yes, everyone wants to see what the next new shines thing is but a lot of people want “old” new games and have been waiting what seems to be forever for them.

#16872 2 years ago

If it is Mandalorian I hope its way better than the last SW Stern put out. I couldn't get away from that pin fast enough. Such a huge letdown IMO.

#16873 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just to clarify: I meant pricing on the second hand market for the premium STH with the light kit is reaching Elvira levels quickly (by the end of May is my guess)...Not that what stern will be charging NIB for them “if” they run it again.

#16874 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If it is Mandalorian I hope its way better than the last SW Stern put out. I couldn't get away from that pin fast enough. Such a huge letdown IMO.

You must have played the pro. The game is awesome, but brutal.

#16875 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Looks like he owned the LE. However not everyone clicks with the same pins, I could not get into JP or AIQ and especially GnR but some people love them.

#16876 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I think y’all are overestimating the popularity of Mandalorian

You’re underestimating it.

It will sell well on theme alone...and if code/play/art all come together, it’ll have legs.

#16877 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’re underestimating it.
It will sell well on theme alone...and if code/play/art all come together, it’ll have legs.

I’m thinking the same with JAWS but if he had legs would he be a land shark or a SHORSE ?

832345F0-284A-4947-BC91-C4A0FCFC6898 (resized).png832345F0-284A-4947-BC91-C4A0FCFC6898 (resized).png
#16878 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I’m thinking the same with JAWS but if he had legs would he be a land shark or a SHORSE ? [quoted image]

We need a Shorse game. Now.

#16879 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We need a Shorse game. Now.

Apparently Haggis Pinball is already working on that. Makes sense since they are near the barrier reef and all. You never know a Fathom remake could have a SHORSE as the main character.

#16880 2 years ago

When was the last time we saw anything from DC comics? Batman? Superman? Anything else?

63cc50980f30d8d8982e165c2e856a7c5d9ec8be4b3af222525f18f315f19694._RI_V_TTW_ (resized).jpg63cc50980f30d8d8982e165c2e856a7c5d9ec8be4b3af222525f18f315f19694._RI_V_TTW_ (resized).jpg
#16881 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And yet they don’t prioritize fulfilling that demand over the unknown of an unannounced title. That’s what bothers me the most. Yes, everyone wants to see what the next new shines thing is but a lot of people want “old” new games and have been waiting what seems to be forever for them.

Stern has other things to juggle than just demand. I’m sure these licensing agreements have time windows for production and stern wants to maximize that I’m sure.

#16882 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

When was the last time we saw anything from DC comics? Batman? Superman? Anything else?
[quoted image]

Great, a Zack Snyder Justice League pinball. It will require you to put the back legs as low as possible with the front legs to the top so it plays in slow motion the whole time.

#16883 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

Batman Dark Knight & Batman 66.

#16884 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Great, a Zack Snyder Justice League pinball. It will require you to put the back legs as low as possible with the front legs to the top so it plays in slow motion the whole time.

Lmao. Classic.

#16885 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just to clarify: I meant pricing on the second hand market for the premium STH with the light kit is reaching Elvira levels quickly (by the end of May is my guess)...Not that what stern will be charging NIB for them “if” they run it again.

Gotcha. The question is, when or if they will be doing another run?...

#16886 2 years ago

Take care of the customers that have deposits on older new games first before you release a new title. Good businesses take care of their current customers first so they will come back and buy more.

#16887 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Take care of the customers that have deposits on older new games first before you release a new title. Good businesses take care of their current customers first so they will come back and buy more.

Unless they have parts availability issues with those re-runs. Make the games you can with the parts on hand. Supply chain is messed up right now. No telling what comes in when.

#16888 2 years ago

That responsibility falls on the distributors not Stern. They should not be taking deposits on games that they aren’t 100% sure will be manufactured in a certain time frame. They should take deposits the day that Stern confirms a game has gone back on the line only. New games? Take deposit on release day and only for your allotment.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

#16889 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Totally sold out everywhere per my understanding

As someone who has been searching for an ST prem for a while, I can confirm. NIB is not to be found, and a good HUO is rare. My wallet is open, but I can’t find the glass to drop the cash.

#16890 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Bought the premium NIB. No issues, just didn't think it was that fun. Not a ton to shoot for. And I won the game fairly quickly.

#16891 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

And you'll definitely need pinstadiums since compared to Marvel themes, a Zack Snyder pin will be very "dark".

#16892 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

I know everyone is likely sick of comic book crap, but this is my favorite comic book crap.

Preferably in the style of the Bruce Timm animated series, the Jim Lee comic run, Snyder's movies, or Id even be happy with a funny Superfriends take.

#16893 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Good businesses take care of their current customers first so they will come back and buy more.

Stern knows you’ll come back anyway, and at any price.

#16894 2 years ago

I am going to poke my eyes out with a spoon if I keep seeing Mandalorian spelled incorrectly.

#16895 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

no thanks. DC is garbage.

#16896 2 years ago

Oh yeah, this would be a horrrrible vibe for a pin. Absolute garbage

If Stern were smart they would make a 90’s Batman Animated series pin. It would sell out in heartbeat. Especially with the 30 somethings that are starting to drop tens of thousands on pins. The music alone in the series...mind blowing. The greatest depiction of Batman period, even better than the first film.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

no thanks. DC is garbage.

#16897 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If Stern were smart they would make a 90’s Batman Animated series pin. It would sell out in heartbeat. Especially with the 30 somethings that are starting to drop tens of thousands on pins. The music alone in the series...mind blowing. The greatest depiction of Batman period, even better than the first film.

I wish there was a way I could thumbs up this 1000x. A true dream theme for me. People don't understand that Batman:TAS is, at least, as iconic to 30-somethings as '66 was to that generation. TAS set the tone for 30 years of Batman, and invented characters like Harley Quinn.

You could go a step further saying that Batman '66 killed batman for 20 years, TAS and Burton Batman blew up Batman more mainstream than ever and hasn't stopped since.

#16898 2 years ago

800 Mando LEs seems like a lot.

#16899 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Custom callouts by Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamill as Joker would be great.

#16900 2 years ago

Sick topper for those of you that are into that sorta thing.

3C562739-9885-4EDF-A95B-B1BEDE4CE4B9 (resized).png3C562739-9885-4EDF-A95B-B1BEDE4CE4B9 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/338?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.