enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 923.
#16801 2 years ago

May 11th mandolorian from what’s been said unofficially

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

When will Stern make the announcement??

#16802 2 years ago

So Godzilla??

#16803 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ha! This year man. I’ve heard from multiple reliable sources it’s 100% Mandalorian and that it’s being announced in the coming weeks, likely May 4th.

Damn !!! I’m in no position to buy a pin unless I sell one .The Ortho (dentist) has got me by the ankles upside down shaking me like like I owe him $$(which I do and for at least a year).Sooooooo I’m thinking about learning how to install braces on my kids teeth I’m hoping this won’t be too hard to learn .Wish me luck !

#16804 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Damn !!! I’m in no position to buy a pin unless I sell one .The Ortho (dentist) has got me by the ankles upside down shaking me like like I owe him $$(which I do and for at least a year).Sooooooo I’m thinking about learning how to install braces on my kids teeth I’m hoping this won’t be too hard to learn .Wish me luck !

Would love to see pics

#16805 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Would love to see pics

This is the most twisted hobby around .I was a normal person 13 months ago .

#16806 2 years ago

“Sorry son ...Mando was just announced”

A9B1EE5C-0957-473C-B907-9413F50C7346 (resized).jpegA9B1EE5C-0957-473C-B907-9413F50C7346 (resized).jpeg
#16807 2 years ago

Do you all rather get a fresh new pin that’s the talk of the month or rather get something that’s been out and marinated a bit like Stranger Things or Elvira?

#16808 2 years ago

Why so confident?

Why so not?

I’m ready to place bets. Free money!!! Wooo! lol

#16809 2 years ago

I REALLY wanted BTTF but the other four members of my family went crazy when they heard it was Mandalorian. Maybe Stern is on to something. We are in for one!

#16810 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Do you all rather get a fresh new pin that’s the talk of the month or rather get something that’s been out and marinated a bit like Stranger Things or Elvira?

2 great pins that we could’ve purchased at a discount a year ago .Now theyre peaking and rightfully so .Yes this is a hobby and it’s all about the fun but I can’t purchase a pin for more than it was new .PoTC is my favorite movie series and I’ve come to terms I will never own one because I missed the boat I just joined the hobby a year ago .Could you imagine if houses were built and a trailer dropped and you had to make up your mind to buy it within hours ? There’s nothing like this in the world and I can’t figure out if I’m happy or sad I got involved

#16811 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ha! This year man. I’ve heard from multiple reliable sources it’s 100% Mandalorian and that it’s being announced in the coming weeks, likely May 4th.

After all the speculation that last few months, pretty big let down to me.

Partially relieved, though. Gives me time to digest my Elvira purchase... assuming Stern ever gets around to making the long anticipated next run.

#16812 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

2 great pins that we could’ve purchased at a discount a year ago .Now theyre peaking and rightfully so .Yes this is a hobby and it’s all about the fun but I can’t purchase a pin for more than it was new .PoTC is my favorite movie series and I’ve come to terms I will never own one because I missed the boat I just joined the hobby a year ago .Could you imagine if houses were built and a trailer dropped and you had to make up your mind to buy it within hours ? There’s nothing like this in the world and I can’t figure out if I’m happy or sad I got involved

Is this the last run for Stranger Things?

#16813 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is this the last run for Stranger Things?

Not sure .I would think the 3 pins they put out in 2021 will fill the lines for the forseable future but you never know .

#16814 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Surprised not May 4th

#16815 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

After all the speculation that last few months, pretty big let down to me.
Partially relieved, though. Gives me time to digest my Elvira purchase... assuming Stern ever gets around to making the long anticipated next run.

Still waiting for my EHOH also. Glad Godzilla will be later in the year. Waiting to see what Spooky announces. I hope it’s Scooby Doo and part of me doesn’t.

#16816 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Both!

#16817 2 years ago

If it is mandelorian, the artist is likely randy Martinez as he did Stern's comic star wars and is pre-approved by Lucasfilm.

#16818 2 years ago

What’s next after Mando?? Lol

#16819 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Book of Boba Fett. But no one cares.

#16820 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Im coming to terms that these pins hold value though. Thats why im considering spending 10,000 fucking dollars on a GnR LE. If it dropped value like almost everything else, I would not even consider it.

#16821 2 years ago

Why so confident?

Because mnpinball said so.

#16822 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Godzilla

#16824 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

AKA Harry Potter.

AKA Godzilla

#16825 2 years ago
4CD2E6A8-E9C4-4AD6-99DF-140B2319FAEB (resized).jpeg4CD2E6A8-E9C4-4AD6-99DF-140B2319FAEB (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16826 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Will be interesting to see if true. But it will not be a winner long term and will fade very quickly like Stranger Things.

I’m surprised they would go ahead with a new announcement so soon when it seems like they still haven’t caught up with existing orders.

#16827 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Will be interesting to see if true. But it will not be a winner long term and will fade very quickly like Stranger Things.
I’m surprised they would go ahead with a new announcement so soon when it seems like they still haven’t caught up with existing orders.

Game has not even been announced and you are saying it is not a winner already? Without seeing it or playing it?

Stranger Things premium LE is an awesome game. Plenty of people love it. Plenty of people like newer themes including us. Stern want to make sales to all segments of their market.

Stern need to keep releasing new games and they are not going to stop because you are surprised.

#16828 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Game has not even been announced and you are saying it is not a winner already? Without seeing it or playing it?.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. The theme will have no legs, at least not long term. It’s little more than a cash grab; Stern’s latest attempt to milk the Star Wars cash cow.

#16829 2 years ago

Stern need to keep releasing new games and they are not going to stop because you are surprised.

LOL! Of course they do. But you missed the point.

Stern has a pretty significant production back order for proven, current titles for distributors/customers with money already committed. That back order demand should be reduced significantly (by producing more games) before a new game goes on the line. That benefits Stern by keeping customers happy and giving the software team more time to improve the release code for the new game.

#16830 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern has a pretty significant production back order for proven, current titles for distributors/customers with money already committed. That back order demand should be reduced significantly (by producing more games) before a new game goes on the line. That benefits Stern by keeping customers happy and giving the software team more time to improve the release code for the new game.

LOL. What about all the demand for new titles? People are hungry for new titles. People are used to 3 or 4 new Sterns a year. Plenty of choices

So how many NIB Sterns have you bought in the last few years? We have bought plenty and we love the Mando theme.

#16831 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s exactly what I’m saying. The theme will have no legs, at least not long term. It’s little more than a cash grab; Stern’s latest attempt to milk the Star Wars cash cow.

So you can predict how good a games is going to be before it is announced and anyone sees or plays it?

Wow!

#16832 2 years ago

If it’s Mandelorian, it really could be good, with BE doing the game, with a Shadow twist to it. Who wouldn’t like Baby Yoda doing some kind of magnet Jedi ball stunt? Or Mando fighting an AT AT. So many possibilities. I’ve changed my mind before its even released and would be in, with the SW theme. Need a RazorCrest or Xwing somewhere on the playfield too!

Makes sense that Randy M. would do the artwork, although would think Johnny also would do a good job. Let Stern be backed up for a year, but keep the releases coming. Distributors need the new business cash flow as well. Without Stern cranking out 4 titles a year, there really is not much of a pinball world it seems. The other smaller companies doing 1 every 2 years; doesn’t leave much to choose from or even talk about.

It’s now coming up on 5 months since last release. Time flies.

#16833 2 years ago

I don't think Stern would go near a licenced theme now, without access to full assets. They can pick and choose their projects and make some tidy money for these companies. Honestly, why would they settle for less?

Jurassic Park was an interesting idea to set the game in the universe but not based on the movie, and it worked. And they could do it again with JAWS. But some themes, like BTTF need full assets and I'm pretty sure MJFox would agree today if asked. Stern could even donate his fee and some of the game's profits to his foundation.

#16834 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Logical and heart warming, but not how a corporation operates. Priority #1 is to make money. New releases generate huge revenue instantly.

#16835 2 years ago

Just to clear things up..

The Mandalorian eventually becomes a bounty hunter and joins the Bounty Hunters' Guild, and becomes widely known by the nickname "Mando".

#16836 2 years ago

I hope that we are all in for a cool surprise

Stupid clip, but a classic track none the less
Smoke machine topper required.....

#16837 2 years ago

Isn’t this show basically a silent film? Can’t think of what a call out would be

#16838 2 years ago

Stern needs to make a dancing Ewok topper like that of Teed Off .

#16839 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Isn’t this show basically a silent film? Can’t think of what a call out would be

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-quotes

#16840 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It doesn't matter if the theme has legs long term. Right now, Mandalorian is hot. If the game is great, it won't matter if the theme fades into oblivion. Case in point: The Shadow, Congo, and (I predict) Stranger Things, which is already appreciated far more now than a year ago...and everybody's all but forgotten the show. Even Tron as a theme isn't popular now, although a new rollercoaster and film will probably change that.

#16841 2 years ago

LOL. What about all the demand for new titles? People are hungry for new titles. People are used to 3 or 4 new Starns a year. Plenty of choices
So how many NIB Sterns have you bought in the last few years? We have bought plenty and we love the Mando theme.

I understand the demand for new titles.

Mando will most likely sell hot at first but demand won’t be sustainable. I’m sure many will disagree; that’s fine - this is Pinside. Let’s check back in 12-18 months and see if I was correct or not. If I’m not I’ll be the first to admit it.

I’ve bought three NIB Sterns in the last few years. Would have been four had Stern not nerfed Munsters. But not sure what that has to do with anything. I’m a collector with no space left so to get a new game means a favorite has to go. That sets a pretty high bar for new titles.

#16842 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I don't think Stern would go near a licenced theme now, without access to full assets. They can pick and choose their projects and make some tidy money for these companies. Honestly, why would they settle for less?

What makes you say that?

#16843 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="#6245643" But it will not be a winner long term and will fade very quickly like Stranger Things.

Stranger things faded in the beginning, it has since picked up and become a hot commodity.
Dont believe me? Try playing one today. Looking at your collection only a couple in the same league as STh imho.

#16844 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

<blockquote cite="#6245643" But it will not be a winner long term and will fade very quickly like Stranger Things.

Stranger things faded in the beginning, it has since picked up and become a hot commodity.
Dont believe me? Try playing one today.

I think he means the tv show has faded

#16845 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It doesn't matter if the theme has legs long term. Right now, Mandalorian is hot. If the game is great, it won't matter if the theme fades into oblivion. Case in point: The Shadow, Congo, and (I predict) Stranger Things, which is already appreciated far more now than a year ago...and everybody's all but forgotten the show. Even Tron as a theme isn't popular now, although a new rollercoaster and film will probably change that.

Ok, but the reason those games have seen appreciation is that there are relatively few available because they didn’t sell that many which means it can be more expensive for those that want them down the line. And price appreciation doesn’t necessarily mean the game was popular. I happen to like Shadow, Congo and Tron but would never own them (though I did consider Tron at the time even though I wasn’t a big fan of the theme).

#16846 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think he means the tv show has faded

I think you are correct. But... Sth pin captures the heart and soul of the show to be forever time capsuled.

#16847 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I don't think Stern would go near a licenced theme now, without access to full assets.

Umm, Stern has shown exactly the opposite. Lack of access to full assets hadn’t slowed them down one bit.
JP did very well without the assets many expected; same with Star Wars. But Munsters and STh were overall disappointments despite the assets available.

Stern had about as full access as they could have had with Batman 66 and it was a big hit. Ditto Elvira. BTTF needs to have the same level of asset integration to be the hit it should be.

#16848 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

JP did very well without the assets many expected; same with Star Wars.

Are you saying SW didn’t have assets? There were over 450 film clips and countless audio rips from the films.

#16849 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Are you saying SW didn’t have assets? There were over 450 film clips and countless audio rips from the films.

No.

The poster I was responding to was talking about full assets which presumably would include custom audio from principles.

#16850 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s exactly what I’m saying. The theme will have no legs, at least not long term.

Yeah, why would a Star Wars theme have legs?!?! You should totally replace Stern’s marketing people. What dopes!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/337?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.